The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post-Sacrifice Cinematic Quests: Wishlist & Predictions

Tellakey

Once we're done with the final chapter in the operator trilogy, what do you wish and or predict the game would explore next?

To me, the obvious answer is the Tau system. I simply struggle to see DE take the story in any other direction. The Void, sentients, both plotlines intersect in Tau. Currently I lack any preferable direction.

Please share your own thoughts :D 

Edited by Tellakey

I'd like to see mini-cinematic quests which involve each boss in the Star Chart (that has signs of personality and a model that isn't the same as a generic enemy; looking at you, Phorid & Sergeant) that give us more reasons than Warframe components to murderize them, or otherwise sympathize with them.

Assuming we do not get these in the Sacrifice, I would like to see quests:

(a) First, exploring the past when Orokin is still present so we can see how bad they really are in either a flashback or some kind of time travel or pseudo time travel (eg. Dark Souls 2 where you experience the giant's memory instead of actually being transported back in time) and also how sentients and other factions were treated.

(b) Next, exploring the Tau system to see what the sentients have done.

(c) Then, exploring and expanding on the infested.

(d) Finally, something that explores the Tenno culture and focus on our past.

These should cover all 3 of the Orokin's failed creations (since they all rebelled and one even wiped the Orokin) and also the Orokin.

17 minutes ago, WARmaro said:

I would like to explore the past events of the old war that leads up to the tenno killing the orokin.

I really wouldn't mind seeing that too. The evolution of humanity from today, all the way the Orokin Empire. But I feel like that could be more like a web-comic series like the ones we have now.

8 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

There was a devstream where they showed some Concept from Tau system, the Sentient stuff.

unknown.png&key=dfb6c51e6e273fba063b9f79

7-SentientOutpost5-1024x576.jpg

unknown.png&key=295d475429ec5a785e7fb910

unknown.png&key=256f694d8c04997e5ea94e50

That's really #*!%ing eerie. Reminds me of a cross between Lovecraft and Saya no Uta (look it up).

Edited by Tellakey

I'd love further explorations of the Tenno as fully built characters (since up until Sacrifice seems to be a coming-of-age story where their character is built), and also to see the Tau System. In particular, I'd love to see how the Sentients have progressed. The only ones we've have either stunted their development (Hunhows slumber and whatever Lotus did) or dead. Imagine what thousands of years of constant development and evolution would have done to the sentients.

In particular, I'd like to see at least factions of the Sentients as friendly, or otherwise non-hostile. I mean, everyone keeps saying that 'they're coming' but... making the reasonable assumption we'll be able to go between Tau and the Origin system somewhat freely, it's not likely so hard a trip to warrant the timeframe of them 'coming'. It'd be interesting if they just weren't interested in the Origin system once the Orokin were dead, and have progressed as a society of their own. Just because they're machines doesn't mean they're grey goo, they've demonstrated that their people in their own right. Perhaps they've wound up embroiled in a war of their own as well, either against other aliens or a civil war, and we wind up assisting the friendly faction. Perhaps we could even meet Hunhow's other children? He mentions Natah is the 'last' of his womb, so there must have been, or are, others. Heck, maybe we meet some kooky sentient brother of Lotus who, upon finding out our relationship to her, insists on referring to us as his nieces and nephews and gets us to call him 'Uncle'. That last one might be stretching juuust a little though.

There could be a thing we're we get void memory flashbacks to the old war, and when we flash back, we get to take control of the warframe in that memory, and complete a mission 'inside' that memory

I'd love to experience the lore of the old war

1 hour ago, WARmaro said:

I would like to explore the past events of the old war that leads up to the tenno killing the orokin.

I whose thinking the same in first time we needed 2 get second dream... I whose thinking like some flashbacks and we can see how whose before...All this in old war....that quests would be amazing. Imagine you runing camera is shaking and then you see that that person is older and mature operator fight in some cool ninja style with some explosion around him... like in some finall fantasy movie...

Edited by Vlada91

13 minutes ago, Vilemyre said:

Tau system and hopefully start scaling stuff to higher level missions from the start in there. 60 - 100 level nodes.

Possibly also a increase in making our warframes stronger for late tau system gamemodes.

And you know what that means... People will stop asking for things to be nerfed. 😄 (no, Trinity was not nerfed, she was fixed)

2 hours ago, Tellakey said:

Once we're done with the final chapter in the operator trilogy, what do you wish and or predict the game would explore next?

To me, the obvious answer is the Tau system. I simply struggle to see DE take the story in any other direction. The Void, sentients, both plotlines intersect in Tau. Currently I lack any preferable direction.

Please share your own thoughts 😄 

I'd like to see more of the Corpus and Grineer. I want to see Grineer High Command on Saturn, maybe tied in with a Titan landscape. I also want to see Corpus leadership (a more malevolent leadership over the board) in a story about Corpus militarization, tied in with a Ganymede landscape. Then I want to see a Cephalon uprising (Halo 5-style), maybe tied in with Sentients coming from Tau.

2 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

There was a devstream where they showed some Concept from Tau system, the Sentient stuff.

unknown.png&key=dfb6c51e6e273fba063b9f79

7-SentientOutpost5-1024x576.jpg

unknown.png&key=295d475429ec5a785e7fb910

unknown.png&key=256f694d8c04997e5ea94e50

I am really not a fan of Keith Thompson's art. He just doesn't really pay attention to established designs for Grineer, Orokin, or Sentient stuff. While his designs are close, they miss key elements of factional design. For example, Grineer stuff is bulbous, not just asymmetric and grungy. But his Grineer stuff seems to lack that bulbous element. Orokin architecture and technology is mostly white, yet accented by black/gray parts and gold trim. It's also very symmetrical, reflecting the beauty and symmetry of the Orokin. His Orokin stuff is basically just white and gold, and asymmetrical. Sentient technology looks like a twisted version of Orokin technology, featuring a lot of wrinkly metallics (look at the sentient scimitar skin, War and Broken War, the Lua Sentients), yet its symmetrical, like Orokin stuff is supposed to be. His Sentients look like chewed up gum and are asymmetric (just look at the Eidolons). While there's a lore explanation for the Eidolon asymmetry, the same thing is present in this art. He has technical talent, but that art just doesn't look good to me from an aesthetic standpoint. I really hope that's not what they end up going with for Sentient stuff.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
combining posts

3 hours ago, LightningsVengance said:

And you know what that means... People will stop asking for things to be nerfed. 😄 (no, Trinity was not nerfed, she was fixed)

TBH at this point i'm surprised DE hasn't implimented a level balancing limit like the level sync system ffxiv has. Would honestly save balancing issues and let players who are on bleeding edge content experience it and talk about balancing for that content specifically.

Edited by Vilemyre

1 hour ago, Vilemyre said:

TBH at this point i'm surprised DE hasn't implimented a level balancing limit like the level sync system ffxiv has. Would honestly save balancing issues and let players whoa r eon bleeding edge content experienc eit and talk about balancing for that content specifically.

Still waiting for Steve and the gang to implement what they've learned during Steve's San Francisco periscope. He specifically mentioned that part of his goal is to learn how to fix the balancing issues within the game.

I would like them to develop the mechanics that encourrage interraction between clan and alliance members. Quests and lore are great. But id be totally ok with them making old stuff replayable so that they could focus on community group interraction and mechanics rather than them focus on the third open area, new cinematic quests, or new solo player in a multiplayer setting game modes like onslaught. 

16 minutes ago, PookieNumnums said:

I would like them to develop the mechanics that encourrage interraction between clan and alliance members. Quests and lore are great. But id be totally ok with them making old stuff replayable so that they could focus on community group interraction and mechanics rather than them focus on the third open area, new cinematic quests, or new solo player in a multiplayer setting game modes like onslaught. 

Wasnt there the "Clan battles" they showed those ships?

Spoiler

1-TennoShip2-1024x576.jpg

Spoiler

2-TennoShip1-1024x576.jpg

I think I remember them mentioning that as a "Guns of Icarus" kind of thing.

I wouldn't mind going down some darker paths honestly. have us do a Spec Ops; The Line, and inadvertently commit an atrocity, that makes our Operators question if they're truly the good guys or not. right now they seem quite certain of themselves, but have them kill a few innocents and trigger some old Void-PTSD and we can watch them unravel. would be pretty awesome IMO. The Man in The Wall can make a re-appearance too.

"it takes a strong man to deny what's right in front of him, and if the truth is undeniable, you create your own".

I want the next Cinematic quests to focus more deeply on the Grineer and Corpus — more specifically, on the human colonies/populations underneath Grineer and Corpus control. I don’t mean small settlements like Cetus, but something larger. I actually posted something here about how DE could use future landscapes/open zones to tell a new story that puts the war in Warframe.

And then after that I want a Cephalon Uprising.

Edited by Arktourus

Just now, Arktourus said:

I want the next Cinematic quests to focus more deeply on the Grineer and Corpus — more specifically, on the human colonies/populations underneath Grineer and Corpus control. I don’t mean small settlements like Cetus, but something larger. 

And then after that I want a Cephalon Uprising.

Like actual towns and stuff. That'd be cool.