Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

UI Redesign: Information & Timeline!

[DE]Rebecca

• 2 weeks later...

317/5000

Hello, I wanted to know about graphic improvements. in which topic I could say, because I would like an improvement in the effects of blood in the game and stain warframes and bloody weapons for a certain period of time because warframe is supposedly a gore game and sometimes seems more Power Rangers.

317/5000

Honestly I have to say Warframe is one of the best games out there from the quests the types of warframes to choice from the weapons combination the game play and the environment looks amazing to everyone at digital extremes y'all be coming up with the best ideas for the game every single time and I'm excited for the new Quest called the new war and the ui redesign looks cool. 

The only complaint I have with the new UI is the lack of (proper) customization. Us players can colorize pretty much everything in the game, yet our (new) menus cost platinum to colorize, and we don't even get full control over the colorization. What I would like to see is an additional section per "theme" where we can apply colors of our choice using the color palletes we've unlocked.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any more work being planned for the UI or have you guys already moves on to Railjack, Fortuna, New War?????    

Cuz there is still alot of issues and it sure would be nice to hear if you guys think you are done with UI or not.

• Themes effecting the lighting of our Warframe on the enter screen has got to go and become white light for every theme. 
  • Relic Refinement in orbiter needs mouse overs to display the relic information like it does when your picking for a fissue.
  • We need to be able to spin our ship again when coloring it.  
  • We need less tiles/ larger tiles for every single inventory window so we can actually see what we are looking at.  OR we need a giant search window that auto-opens any time we goto inventory.  
  • We need to easily see which relics are being used by squadmates
  • We need to be able to easily open squad menu with a button press so we can quit a squad after missions.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-06-10 at 8:00 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

If you've been following our Devstreams - or Steve's twitter - our plans to release a visual update to our UI shouldn't be new. But if you haven't followed - the short explanation is that we're redoing our UI art style!

Right now we have exactly 131 screens in the game that need an artistic pass to the new style. 8 we have done and ready to go - they'll be launching soon. Themes similar to above are coming for the the screens we have completed, and all subsequent screens will inherit whatever UI theme you've chosen (default or other purchased themes). 

So, 'all subsequent screens'. This will be rolled out over the rest of the year - we are not launching all 131 screens with new art at once.Things like horizontal scrolling are being removed based on player feedback, and we're going to be addressing other common requests as we make our way through the redesign. The busiest screens are particularly hard to change, but we will slowly but surely make our way through. 

Soooooo.... where is the rest of the new UI? Right now there is still a load of screens that are unfinished. You initially released 8 screens out of 131 (srsly?) and right now it does't seem to be improving at all. It's really weird to be navigating on the new UI and the next panel be still in the old style.

On 2018-08-06 at 6:49 PM, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Is there any more work being planned for the UI or have you guys already moves on to Railjack, Fortuna, New War?????    

Cuz there is still alot of issues and it sure would be nice to hear if you guys think you are done with UI or not. 

• We need less tiles/ larger tiles for every single inventory window so we can actually see what we are looking at.  OR we need a giant search window that auto-opens any time we goto inventory.  

I agree the inventory tiles are very small, I would like to see an option to scale the grid size width. 

I just saw Steve's tweet form last month that you guys were finally hiring a UX designer.  Good to hear.  Please keep us posted on that.  I know the whole hiring process, getting them situated, the time for them to actually draft and propose improvements, and the time to actually implement them is a long timeline, but it would be great to know how far along you are.  The new UI is still so user-hostile, and I look forward to he improvements in usability this new hire will bring.

• 2 weeks later...

I think UI bugs need to be bumped up in priority. Even modding is now subject to chaos (random mods in polarity tabs). My worry that the backend is now infected with some god awful bug, rather than the client game. I don't think y'all would like your db to get wrecked, right?

Then there are the navigation menu bugs galore with its random zooms off the the upper left etc. Please for the love of god, hire a UX contractor to review all menus and deliver a precise list of behaviors to improve player experience, and then steadily fix them over one or more updates.

There is something very wrong with a UI that cannot track state transitions between menus and user workflow. Stuff like this is -basic- and -essential- to your customer's experience.

In addition eidolon hunts exhibit a lot of disturbing out of order scripting bugs, where the eidolon's component attacks become completely jumbled. How the heck are events being received (and more insanely, processed) -out-of-order-? How is the timer for said attacks falling apart so it spams several of the same ones?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello @[DE]

There is one UI element that we REALLY REALLY need. The old key system had TWO benefits over the new 1. #1 you never had to farm for new keys if you had one of every type (I don't mind this because of the faster targeted farming).

But #2 is the issue, unless I open my codex and maybe a spread sheet, there is no easy way to figure out which of my relics are vaulted or not! I can't sort by vaulted in the select menu either. And what about IN-MISSION if we go a continuous run and I have to select relic #2, #3 and so on... I can't even check whats vaulted in there.

If a player just wants to run some relics that should be easy to do without burning vaulted ones. Please just add a "V" symbol on vaulted Relic UI in the relic select screen.

There is a whole thread of players and even BETTER ideas here saying the exact same thing:

TL;DR Please add a "V" to vaulted relics UI for in-game and star chart selection.

Thank you very much for reading.

Archived