Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania's Exalted Weapons + Limbo: A Quick Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

If you're doing this could you please, please, PLEASE give us a 1.2m/11 capacity cost pistol punch through mod, equivalent to Shred / Seeking Fury.  Only having a 2.1m/15 capacity mod for pistols (equivalent to Metal Auger / Seeking Force) gives far too much punch through than is usually needed, for far too much capacity cost (or wastes a mod slot if a lower rank is used).

I hope the Titania offhand will be able to use the same mods so i don't have to level a second pair to max like with sentinel weapons. Also to make everyone happy, it would probably be better to not change limbo, just add the option to opt out like with the Octavia. Add one for mags bubble as well please since they are both just in the way on public games if you already have the firepower to 1-shot the mobs anyway.

This does simplify Limbo, for we can now simply use stasis without thought. Whereas before there was times where you would have to decide when and where to use it and also when to undo stasis. 

But I for one will be anticipating more changes/tweaks to Limbo as time goes on 😉

Asurely this change does indeed seem more prudent.

opinion on stasis? maybe just slow down ally bullets so we aren't as hated, but keep limbos bullets still, rift surge augment gets weaker the more you kill, so having your attacks hit all at once is best, also it's fun... and i feel that base duration should be 20-25... also, I think that limbos' rift plains shouldn't be affected by other limbos' stasis

on a side note, cataclysm, it shrinking nearly the whole time makes dealing with enemies near the border a hassle. 

Also, i still like to think that my concept which was viewed by reb for like two hrs back when you could see all the people looking at the thread currently at any given time, i miss those days, is what inspired the creation of limbo. 

Namely the second ability. 

I concepted this and eight months later we had the void magician. 

If that doesnt work you can search l.o.t.u.s. frame pookienumnums in google and find the archived post. 

Since limbo IS being looked at ill leave this here for review by the team if theyre actually checking our feedback. 

I do not agree  with the duration change. Reducing by half is a way to much just to satisfy some players (I do not say they are wrong) who are complaining not about the duration but about the fact that stasis stops bullets. For me that is just a pure nerf and I am sad about that, especially that I was ready to spend money for limbo prime AND his prime accessories and I am pretty sure I am not the only one..

I kind of like the change to stasis not affecting weapons, but, that is really going to kill the easiest way to do the 3 headshots in one aim-glide challenge. About the only time I really used Limbo was for that Challenge too. Maybe with the change to stasis I'll end up using him more since my friends won't complain about being forced to melee, but not sure I really will use him at all since the duration on the CC is going to be cut by so much and I honestly have too much equipment available to me to really use it all as is, I know, weird problem to have that there are so many frames and weapons in game that I just don't have enough time to really mess around with all the options that much.

Since you are fixing Limbo [ I LOVE my Limbo ❤️ ].

Can you please, PLEASE, remove the rift door we leave behind after using dash.

That will seriously improve the Limbo Solo + Co-op Experience.

[Edit.]

As for the changes to Limbo, I am grateful for this, I love you guys ❤️

3 minutes ago, KlutzMeister said:

maybe just slow down ally bullets so we aren't as hated

No.  

2 minutes ago, wanning said:

easiest way to do the 3 headshots in one aim-glide challenge.

Boar Prime, shoot at a group of enemies while aimgliding.  Winner.  Works for me every time.  

On the topic of Limbo...he should be able to pull enemy's into the rift as well...honestly his one and three are useless. Good work with the Time Stop thing though...that did need nerfing(even though it's really a Buff)

A welcome change to limbo would be when nullifier touches his cataclysm, it starts shrinking instead of exploding. Similar to how it works on ravenous. Right now there is really no counterplay against nullifiers when you are running max range limbo.

2 minutes ago, ego-nihilist said:

so basically you are gonna nerf limbos stasis by half? that kinda sucks, why are people even considering this a buff.

Buff

Players will be able to use guns while stasis is active (that is really strong).

Half time is not even a problem, you can simply cast it again and again. You will just need a good Zenurik build to maintain Limbo's energy to keep stasis active.

Also a good Limbo doesn't have to use stasis 24/7, not even on 100+ enemies. This is actually good and people won't complain or rage quit when there is a Limbo on the team.

So I'm glad you addressed the whole Rifle versus Shotgun mods thing on Titania, but I have a more important question. What are you doing to the rest of her powers? Off the top of my head, the buffs from her 2 are almost worthless with the single target nature of the power making it annoying to build up the buffs even if they were improved and her 3 just floats off and doesn't do anything in a large tile or on Plains.

Ya know I just realized that this means I wasted 200 plat on a Cycron Riven to build my ultimate Limbo bubble popper, in anticipation of the Limbopocolyps lol, not even mad 

Kinda gonna regret never getting to use it but it was a fun side project 😛 

Will definitely miss being able to cheese headshot rivens with Limbo but definitely not going to miss having my playstyle completely dictated by a single frame being in a mission.  

The Titania changes while welcome are addressing her one currently functionally useful ability.  This is why I've speculated that Titania has been unaddressed for so long: her Razorwing is not only a functional but good dps ability.  On the other hand, the rest of her kit is...basically useless.  Her other three abilities are the ones that need the love more.  Her 1 and 3 still send targets flying into the stratosphere and her 2 is way too much energy investment for the payoff.  If willing, here are some small changes to the other abilities that would go a long way to improving her viability.

Spellbind: Tether targets to a set distance from the ground.  The whimsical floating is okay, the problem is it does something similar to Zephyr's old Tornadoes and we end up with targets all the way up on the ceiling.  This is probably her most functional ability of the lot as even though it sometimes throws targets all over the place it at least guaranteed keeps those targets from shooting you, as opposed to the 3, but we'll get to it later

Tribute: Please make this a small AOE like limbo's banish.  Having to select individual targets with an ability that has a long cast time and doesn't outright kill them is just tedious.  On top of that, the energy upkeep for keeping the maxed buffs is insane even with max efficiency because you have to cast 4 times on individual targets to get the full buff, do this for every buff that is worth it, and then refresh individually for every buff you want to keep.  Making this an AOE would result in less casts and more buffs, and generally better gameplay.  We could cast this once on a crowd, collect the five or so buffs we get, move on to the next crowd.  And lowering the cast time on this would also be welcome addition to this in addition to the aforementioned change.

Lantern: Similar as spellbind, but the whimsical floating is really not okay.  This is supposed to be an AOE based crowd control skill that we can move around, which I like in concept but in practice does the same as her one.  But in this case it's even worse.  Spellbind at least snags all those enemies and says "no you cannot shoot me".  This ability effectively only takes one enemy away from the crowd shooting you as a stray bullet will send it flying off up to the ceiling.  And the ability does no good on the ceiling as the enemies on the ground are now out of range of the ability and free to shoot you.  This ability needs to stay at ground level, or close to it, to be effective, which is why I suggest tethering it to the ground.  If you still wanted to keep the mobility, I recommend replacing the "shoot it to move it" with a mechanic similar to Chroma's Effigy augment, where holding the ability cast button while targeting the ground will relocate the lantern.  And simply pressing the ability will manually detonate it early as before.

Razorwing:  I cannot stress enough that I approve of the buffs that this ability is receiving, and the exalted weapon changes in general.  It's a good idea: and removing the "statstick" idea we currently have allowing us to carry whatever weapons and builds we want with our exalted weapon warframes.  I am glad Titania is getting a little love, but I really feel it isn't enough, and is only happening because of the exalted weapon rework as a whole.  Titania is an anomaly to me as she was released sandwiched between two fantastically designed warframes in Inaros and Nidus, and her design is while thematic just not really functional outside of this one ability, which is propping up her entire play-ability.  I love Titania's theme and the idea of her design, and she still to this day remains my most played warframe.

To wrap up, yes I understand that this rework is mostly because of the exalted weapon rework.  And I am not at all complaining that her Razorwing is getting a buff.  But that said, I have to take the opportunity to ask for what I consider a reasonable Titania rework whenever they pop up.  She doesn't have the popularity of other warframes and those that do love her need to make some noise!

This sounds nice on paper but limbo's change doesn't really make him any better it just makes him pure CC. Not to mention if limbos wanted to troll still they just need to hit stasis then double tap cat. This "rework"(money grab for PA) was kinda a spit in actual limbo player's faces. It's only okay in the fact that it defocalizes him from being a melee frame(that was forced into melee) into a vauban 2.0 + micro energizing dash.

And as for what you've done to titania...

I need to see the diwatta stats but not fixing the rest of her kit ignores the biggest problem with it.... please DE do better I really want to buy limbo PA but this just feels like a sellout for discounted bread.

2 minutes ago, DecadeX said:

So I'm glad you addressed the whole Rifle versus Shotgun mods thing on Titania, but I have a more important question. What are you doing to the rest of her powers? Off the top of my head, the buffs from her 2 are almost worthless with the single target nature of the power making it annoying to build up the buffs even if they were improved and her 3 just floats off and doesn't do anything in a large tile or on Plains.

Not to mention the Anti Archwing weapons targeting her on the plains with 100% accuracy. The only reason you aren't instantly dead in Razorwing is because they are prioritizing one shotting your Razorflies over oneshotting you. The second they finish blazing through your Razorflies you're insta dead. 

Its why I stopped playing her on the plains and probably won't play her on Venus. 

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Aquarii Ptosi said:

This sounds nice on paper but limbo's change doesn't really make him any better it just makes him pure CC. Not to mention if limbos wanted to troll still they just need to hit stasis then double tap cat. This "rework"(money grab for PA) was kinda a spit in actual limbo player's faces. It's only okay in the fact that it defocalizes him from being a melee frame(that was forced into melee) into a vauban 2.0 + micro energizing dash.

As a Limbo Main, I disagree with you kind sir.

This buff is what I really needed for my Limbo. The only changes I wanted, was Stasis (friendly for co-op) and if they could remove the void door we leave behind after dash, that is the only thing missing to make Limbo just perfect. Also I play my Limbo mostly with gun play more than melee (I am not a stasis spammer, I hardly ever use stasis to play limbo).

Good change for the noob Limbo's out there, horrible change for the good ones. As if this game could become more casual than it already is. There goes my hype for Limbo Prime out the window. How sad.

39 minutes ago, NecromancerX69 said:

Since you are fixing Limbo [ I LOVE my Limbo ❤️ ].

Can you please, PLEASE, remove the rift door we leave behind after using dash.

That will seriously improve the Limbo Solo + Co-op Experience.

[Edit.]

As for the changes to Limbo, I am grateful for this, I love you guys ❤️

NO, just stop being a bad limbo and jump before you tap SHIFT. I love limbo because he is hard to play, I don't want him any easier than he will already be with this not stopping bullets garbage.

At least make it so that Limbo's shots are frozen that way it will be "less annoying to others" while remaining harder to play for the Limbo player...

4 minutes ago, NecromancerX69 said:

As a Limbo Main, I disagree with you kind sir.

This buff is what I really needed for my Limbo. The only changes I wanted, was Stasis (friendly for co-op) and if they could remove the void door we leave behind after dash, that is the only thing missing to make Limbo just perfect. Also I play my Limbo mostly with gun play more than melee (I am not a stasis spammer, I hardly ever use stasis to play limbo).

I wasnt asking you as another limbo main that actually uses all of his abilities. But your opinion is yours like mine is mine.

3 minutes ago, Schn1tt3r said:

Good change for the noob Limbo's out there, horrible change for the good ones. As if this game could become more casual than it already is.

Thank you this change is only going to become a gimmick that'll be exploited and more than likely get him nerfed when all he needs is a genuine rework

this change sounds awesome! altho i think stasis should be base 20 instead of 15. this is gonna make squad gameplay alot easier. (altho i think an unbanish everything button would be useful, idk charge 1 or something and nullifiers are still a pain in the systems) 

ohyea could you make it so if you kill a surged enemy it does a radial banish instead of "spreading" cause 90% of the time. a surge on an enemy in reality is just a normal enemy

Archived