Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What makes you guys believe we will be sacrificing our operators?

Ny_Soro

I simply ask due to the fact we'll be getting more operator cosmetics in addition to what DE has already spent on the current operators, and the game mechanics attached to them. Do you believe we may sacrifice some part of our abilities? Just curious to know why some of those who think the operators will be sacrificed when they are mandatory for things like tridolons.

Also to clarify. I'm not saying our operators are the ones being sacrificed. I've just seen speculation from just randoms from the Official Umbra megathread speculating after the most recent tease that was released.

Edited by Nowe999
Stance on topic

I feel more like an operator was sacrificed in the past to make umbra and this quest, or something like that... Not that our personal operators will be sacrificed.

"Howl all you want... It won't bring him back"
-Ballas

Edited by Carnage2K4

I can't really imagine them forcing a player to sacrifice their operator.  That would require system replacements for both the Focus system as well as the way Eidolons are killed.  They'd also have to refund any platinum players have spent on operator cosmetics.  That would be a ton of work to pull a complete about face in terms of story development (the last few major story events have been about the Tenno themselves, not their warframes).  Plus, you'd have players like me who'd simply refuse to do it - I like my operator, and I like the synergy there.  On top of that, it doesn't really fit DE's style.  Even with unpopular stuff, like arch-wings, DE doesn't remove them; they just stop working on them (or just don't work on them as much).

Edited by Aekhon

4 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

I feel more like an operator was sacrificed in the past to make umbra and this quest, or something like that... Not that our personal operators will be sacrificed.

-Ballas

That's the thing though. We're not sure as to whom Ballas is referring to as "him". Some will say they're hoping it's our operators being sacrificed. Other say Umbras operator was sacrificed and the warframe became sentient etc. etc. 

56 minutes ago, Nowe999 said:

I simply ask due to the fact we'll be getting more operator cosmetics in addition to what DE has already spent on the current operators, and the game mechanics attached to them. Do you believe we may sacrifice some part of our abilities? Just curious to know why some of those who think the operators will be sacrificed when they are mandatory for things like tridolons.

Also to clarify. I'm not saying our operators are the ones being sacrificed. I've just seen speculation from just randoms from the Official Umbra megathread speculating after the most recent tease that was released.

More of a hope. Give up my edge lord whiny brat for umbra? Sign me up.

1 hour ago, Nowe999 said:

That's the thing though. We're not sure as to whom Ballas is referring to as "him". Some will say they're hoping it's our operators being sacrificed. Other say Umbras operator was sacrificed and the warframe became sentient etc. etc. 

No, we're not sure, but that is all we can do and what every thread can achieve; speculate.
None of us have Umbra and I would assume that we get Umbra at the end of the quest, so I can't see why Umbra would be angry/sad/wolf at our personal operators being sacrificed (in the quest, they would never remove the operator entirely).

As I said, I can only speculate but this feels more like Ballas has separated an operator from Umbra and taken control, we know from second dream that the Warframes do seem to have a tiny bit of sentience and we know from quests like Chains of Harrow single operators are often tied to a Warframe. So my assumption is just putting those 2 things together.

Edited by Carnage2K4

Maybe lore-wise they will be sacrificed for Umbra, but gameplay-wise, we would keep them anytime we need, we'd only be locked-out of Focus when using the Umbra.

But that's highly unlikely. More probably a "secondary feature", Teshin, Ballas, Lotus, Hunhow, your father, your uncle, the Sun, whatever

Honestly my take is that Umbra is the stalker and he sacrificed his operator in order to get rid of the thing he hates the most.As for the sacrifice part on our end maybe we have to sacrifice something minor(not the operator it self) in order to get control over the new Umbra frame.All this makes way more sence than sacrificing ordis or tenshin or the main thing that the game brought us to "the operator".

9 hours ago, Carnage2K4 said:

-Ballas

+1 for sacrificing operators.... or archwings.... 2 things i find i can easily live without.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

At the end of the Sacrifice they'll introduce a new RNG mechanic with an RNG mechanic and we'll realize the real Sacrifice was our time. :awkward:

What if Excalibur Umbra is available in the Market for plat?