Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC] Update 23: Visual Accessibility UI Themes and General UI Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

5 hours ago, bungawunga said:

The UI is buggy and it is actually a solution to some problems of the UI implementation as it stands. I really miss this button avoiding me to constantly alt-f4 the game when I run into issues,

indeed.. its buggy as hell. i've lost count have many times i had to alt+f4 when the whole UI frozen for just mouse moving but cant click anything. not to mentioned the damn host migration froze screen is back everytime hoster left mission. makes my loot and mission progress all gone.

btw , the quick 3bars icon should 'nt be removed.  without it now i had to press the damn ESC 3 times or scroll out + ESC in order to enter main menu instead of just click the 3bars 1 time. it's super inefficient.

sometimes having dual function is best security incase one is bugged.

furthermore, the miniaturised player details into icon is bad move. again it's inefficient because now i had to press ESC and move my arrow to the player's icon to see their character's details 1 by 1 instead of just press ESC once and see everything.  yes. i like to see who and what i'm playing with in party everytime. 

if DE wants to improve the UI function or change the design. fine do it but please do not remove the important functions.

thanks

Edited by hoshigami

11 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Happy Monday, Tenno!

Please note that this morning we have hit the ground running with 'item names/labels on grids/icons'. Plenty of mockups are being worked on, and we may have some iterations on this as soon as this week. More to come!

Please don't just stop at adding this feature! The spacing between icons are so huge and the icon themselves are so small it's hard to look at it. A lot of the display icons are pixelated /low quality. I hope it'll be refined.

Also can you fix the transparent area of the information card thingy because some text are really hard to see. Here's one example.20180616093902_1_zpsfaoiezrb.png

Edited by -Icicles-
Added picture.

Could we please get orange text on the stalker UI as the current red against the black is difficult to see at times. I picked orange because still in stalkers theme then. Thank you on a nice cleaner cut of the UI DE.

11 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

we have hit the ground running 

10 hours ago, Madway7 said:

Didn't make sense not to live for fun.

Your game gets smart but your UI gets dumb

So much to nerf, so much to wreck
So whats wrong with putting back the text?

You'll never know if you cant read (read!)
You'll never shine if you don't concede 

Hey now, you're Warframe, get your game on, go play
Hey now, you're DE, get the show on, get paid

And all thats Primed is gold
Only Ayatan stars break the mold

13 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Happy Monday, Tenno!

Please note that this morning we have hit the ground running with 'item names/labels on grids/icons'. Plenty of mockups are being worked on, and we may have some iterations on this as soon as this week. More to come!

Hallelujah!

The thing I really like about new UI is that it's significantly more responsive (i.e. menu sections load/change faster) than the old one.

8 hours ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

meaning they can reuse that code

I'm certain they can reuse any code they ever had. This is a huge project with dozens of programmers working on it, and it has version control that stores everything.

7 hours ago, Gnlstorm said:

Did the fix include the problem regarding "Update failed, content server temporarily not available"? U believe got ton of player got this issue

Re-downloading the game fixed this issue for me. I mean re-downloading, since optimizing and checking didn't help.

Edited by Bouldershoulder

the menu update is a reason for quitting warframe at all.

- less intuitive

- lowered readabilty due to lowered contrast on fonts

- letters/text are merging at widescreens

- no desciption text on items

- still lacking filter functions 

.... and so on

the new menu is a pain

14 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Happy Monday, Tenno!

Yes, please!

Also - seems like controllers on PC have lost some functionality - can't insert the password by pressing X and can't change game mode (public / friends / invite / solo). That's on Xb1 controller through steam. Could we get this checked out as well?

We appreciate the effort, Rebecca!

PS. The quest was brilliant, I didn't see THAT coming.

PPS. You know what I mean.

PPPS. The thing with the thing... Okay, I'm gonna shut up now.

Edited by Gregnoth

Il y a 17 heures, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

Happy Monday, Tenno!

I am a console user and im still having massive problems with this UI.

1) My input device has a bit of stick drift. In this case, i am unable to select a mission due to the right stick being used to zoom out on the star chart. When i click a planet, the game immediately zooms out making it impossible for me to pick a mission.

To correct this, please, please either disable right stick to zoom on the star chart (it serves no purpose), or let me disable it as an option. Its crippling for me. I mainly play using remote play on the ps vita and the ps vita is discontinued so i can't "just get a new one". Also many friends who have controllers with a bit of stick drift have the same problem.

Please see the video example above.

2) Selecting linked items and users in chat works only half the time. Sometimes pressing x while hovering over a user or item does nothing at all.

When i get to the last user "edsnowball", i am unable to bring up the dialog box to send a message or invite no matter how many times i press X over it. This also sometimes happens for riven mods. Going into the foundry and coming back fixes the bug temporarily until it comes back again.

Has anyone else gotten this bug and if so do you know how to reproduce it all the time or does it just seem random? Video was done on console with a controller. Any PC users have this problem too?

I hate this new UI, the utility is garbage. Here's a thing, I don't care much abut how UI looks if it's functional, and the new one isn't.

1. While going through inventory screen you need to hover over every single item to actually see what they are, and since I'm still trying to finish up available Primes from relics, I need to check what parts I still need quite often. And if you want to sell weapons you don't need, you can't just scroll through the list now and see which ones are at lvl 30, you need to hover over every single weapon in question, that is, if you remember how their icons looks like.

2. Party screen(?) is now closed by default, meaning I have to hover over every party member to see what frames / relics / dragon keys they have equiped. And if they change something I'll never know if I won't constantly hover over their names again and again.

3. Disabled mouse in the loading screen means that in the event of an error, and they do happen often, instead of clicking "Ok" on an error message and going back to the orbiter, I'm just stuck with the error message and have to close the game. Another, more minor thing here is I can't look through the reward screen while loading out, I have to wait till I get back to the ship or rush it before loading starts at the end of the mission.

4. Syndicate rewards list is also messed up now, along with the №1 problem, augments that used to be ordered alphabetically by their respective warframes now are just all over the place.

On 2018-06-18 at 4:18 PM, TzXtetriC said:

Why would you want that crap menu button when you hover the mouse over your icon and have it all there super easy to click? Adding that is more clicks and more work. No Ty.

what are you talking about? the only thing that shows up there is view profile, leave the squad, and your equipment.
the quick menu opens up a shortcut to other locations on your ship. you can't go to your foundry or arsenal without having to leave navigation.
if it was redundant I would agree, sure. but as it currently is, you have to hit more buttons now to change your weapons. it wouldn't be that bad if the loadout button actually opened up your arsenal instead.

in the syndicate mods section, all the mods for one frame used to be together, like there would be 3 or 4 for ash, then 3 or 4 for equinox

now they're all sorted in alphabetical order and i prefered them to be grouped together for each frame

just sayin

Not sure if you're supposed to equip Umbral mods on non-umbra equip (haven't heard official position), but supposing you can do that, the Umbra polarity tab is missing from every non-Umbra equip when you're modding.

Also, some button icons are missing while playing with the Steam Controller (in the screenshot, Mod has just a white square which should correspond to X )

Spoiler

HE9ZC5F.jpg

A little thing i find lacking is the fact that during mission, in the pause menu, you have to pass over your teammates with the cursor to see what they've equipped. Specially when joining random teams i like to have a quick glimpse at what my squad is composed of, mainly the warframe, to have a general idea of how the team is going to behave.

As things are now, this action is a little frustrating, (quite frustrating if playing with controller), particularly when joining mid-fight in a high tier mission.

1 hour ago, digimbyte said:

what are you talking about? the only thing that shows up there is view profile, leave the squad, and your equipment.
the quick menu opens up a shortcut to other locations on your ship. you can't go to your foundry or arsenal without having to leave navigation.
if it was redundant I would agree, sure. but as it currently is, you have to hit more buttons now to change your weapons. it wouldn't be that bad if the loadout button actually opened up your arsenal instead.

Then change your weapons in arsenal and then go to the navigation panel. The navigation panel means your ready to do the mission already.

I see no issues. Why not adapt to the new stuff instead?

When linking rivens in chat I noticed that hovering the mouse on the riven will show the stats of it in UI form, despite when hovering over the riven the riven itself will expand and show the stats on the mod itself, like usual. Remove the unnecessary UI.

Also, still on the topic of the riven-linking UI. The frame where the riven sits is square in shape. Mods are rectangular and when placed in a square frame will make it tiny and make it appear like it wastes space on the top and bottom part. I suggest to make the frame shape snuggly around the mod, so a rectangular frame.

Here are images for the above suggestions