Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

'The Sacrifice' End Game Content (Spoilers)

16 minutes ago, Pent_ said:

What tipped you off that she would do this 180? Was it how she constantly calls the players her children? Or how about how she helped them at every turn with maybe one arguable exception?

First - a being powerfull/resoursefull enough to put antire moon in essentially another dimension, who commands large army of naive but highly effective soldiers with gods know hwo many years of combat expirience can't root out the problem and direct said soldiers to assasinate the leadership of factions that are at war with each other and therefor "disturbing the peace" is either a) Lotus is actually an awfull strategist/commander (bad writting at its finest) or b) buying the time dumping a lot of bs into the ears of her army of naive supersoldiers

Second - If Tenno can freely use Void and Void is poisonous to the Sentient why she didn't ordered to slowly kill Hunhow while he was just awaking? 

Edited by HorridaMessor

4 minutes ago, Hunter.Ace said:

primes are just excessively obedient soldier while umbra has a bit of conscience.

both have same origin. umbra is like a prototype imo

I think the difference is actually more along the lines of Primes were people who were subjected to the transformation willingly, whereas Umbras were forced.  There's not much to prove that, but at one point in the quest it does come up that some Frames were made from willing subjects... others well... they were forced.

I'd imagine a frame that chose this fate would be much more subservient than one who was forced into it.   

In terms of the "why do the evil deeds result in sun icons", I don't know if I'd call them "evil". Given what ballas did, I feel like those options are completely justified. It was revenge (which umbra wanted). And I give SERIOUS props to DE for not condemning violence and wanting to be a $&*^ to a horrible person when it's justified, because there's too many games where it's like "yes these people are super evil and they murder innocent people left and right and do all kinds of horrible things, but if you kill them? well you're just as bad as them". it's a false equivalence in almost every case, and it's so, so boring at this point. I'm glad DE didn't go that route.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

I think the difference is actually more along the lines of Primes were people who were subjected to the transformation willingly, whereas Umbras were forced.  There's not much to prove that, but at one point in the quest it does come up that some Frames were made from willing subjects... others well... they were forced.

I'd imagine a frame that chose this fate would be much more subservient than one who was forced into it.   

I think umbra was more the "proto-prototype" and that the primes were the finished model

Ordis did say that warframes have no will, and that umbra was a unique exception. So it's likely that primes are umbras with the whole "alive on the inside" thing bred out

2 часа назад, Dead_Rabbits сказал:

It was more like months, the hype may have been years, but they didn't start on the quest until this year. Venus open world is the priority.

I mean, DE were doing amazing stuff, all those lore quests, for years

1 minute ago, Soup2504 said:

In terms of the "why do the evil deeds result in sun icons", I don't know if I'd call them "evil". Given what ballas did, I feel like those options are completely justified. It was revenge (which umbra wanted). And I give SERIOUS props to DE for not condemning violence and wanting to be a $&*^ to a horrible person when it's justified, because there's too many games where it's like "yes these people are super evil and they murder innocent people left and right and do all kinds of horrible things, but if you kill them? well you're just as bad as them". it's a false equivalence in almost every case, and it's so, so boring at this point. I'm glad DE didn't go that route.

I would NOT kill Ballas... no ways, He's my creator and i'm pissed off I killed him without any consent. Ballas was my Warframe father and now he's dead. I would spare him just like I spared the queens if it came to that but i'm Glad it did not, rather the game killed him by itself.. killed Dax as well, killed his son too so sorry for my feel but it;s F'd up. And where's Lotus at? That synthesised  voice is driving me nuts! Do I kill her as well in future without my consent?

vor 3 Minuten schrieb E-N-E-R-G-Y:

I would NOT kill Ballas... no ways, He's my creator and i'm pissed off I killed him without any consent. Ballas was my Warframe father and now he's dead. I would spare him just like I spared the queens if it came to that but i'm Glad it did not, rather the game killed him by itself.. killed Dax as well, killed his son too so sorry for my feel but it;s F'd up. And where's Lotus at? That synthesised  voice is driving me nuts! Do I kill her as well in future without my consent?

You sound deeply confused.

You have to accept this memory, and move beyond its reach. Seek and find Balance. :tongue:

Why did DE call it the end of a trilogy when it ended on a cliffhanger? It doesn't end the story at all, because:

- Lotus is still missing

- We still haven't stopped the sentients from returning

- The story of our operator hasn't come to a close yet

My guess is that the quest wasn't actually finished, but people were so hyped about it that it was split it into two parts, so we wouldn't have to wait as long. Sacrifice 2 anyone?

29 минут назад, E-N-E-R-G-Y сказал:
  •   Скрыть контент

And also, where are the cool operator Bandana? Only see the blind fold 

Спойлер

Wait, what bandana? I seen only 4 new operator cosmetics, as promised. Scarf, blindfold, diadem and earings.

51 minutes ago, Beartornado said:

Why did evil deeds result in sun icons and vice versa?

This confused me, but this is more DE's failure to explain what exactly each alignment is. We see light and dark as good and evil, but it's not necessarily that simple either. It could entirely be DE mixed up the responses here too, but if that doesn't get a hotfix in the next 24 hours then it's up for debate. The only certainty is that Neutral means "no strong feelings either way."

I have an answer to this. The white part of the dial is called Day, the dark part is called Night. Enter Equinox. Day symbolizes the sun's punishing and cleansing rays, its wrath. Night symbolizes rest and restoration, or something along those lines. It's more passive. The dial isn't a good-o-meter. It reflects the philosophy adopted by your Tenno: a punishing, wrathful stance; a passive stance; or a balanced stance. 

1 minute ago, lennieplop60 said:

The story of our operator hasn't come to a close yet

The Operator's story arc did come to a close there. 

Se found out what they are in TSD.

We recovered their potential and developed their character in TWW.

We discovered their relationship with their Warframes in TS and why it was called symbiotic.

Their arc is over. Now we head to other characters arcs. 

Likely a Sentient Arc.

I just wish we got anyone else as mission control...

For me it more like first wave were umbras, who had own will, and turned against thir creators, so it were treated as failure. Then they found tenno, who could replace minds of warframes, so Ballas started making them completly empty - no will no thoughts, and it was a success, so it became so called "Prime". And third wave, our regular frames, who a weaker than primes cause made out of S#&$ and sticks on the knee

I'm also quite intrigued as to the narrative conundrum DE has written themselves into. There are quite a few quests that require the Lotus to be present as a character(not Ordis in drag), so they'll have to be canonically set either before Apostasy or after/if the Lotus returns, or is permanently replaced by another guide.

1 hour ago, DisasterIncarnate said:

that should be expected, they are after all just small minor side quests, their not major game expansions.

you do realize all previous cinematic quests give us post quest content right ? second dream give us lua/moon, new system and broken war to level, war within given us, kuva fortress, upgrade to focus system, rivens, and teshin glaive orvious to level, sacrifice quest was in every way inferior to both second dream and war within, didnt give us new title set with new missions, we got new frame and weapon but cant level them from ground up, new system we got with this update if inferior to focus/focus 2.0 even though DE said what we get with umbra will be on par with focus/focus 2.0, we did get new mods but maxing them out is only a problem if you arent experianced player, experianced player can instantly max them out once you get them so no effort here, in previous cinematic quests both new and experianced players had some new stuff to do after finishing it.

Edited by Culaio

26 minutes ago, Mesaeux said:

I have an answer to this. The white part of the dial is called Day, the dark part is called Night. Enter Equinox. Day symbolizes the sun's punishing and cleansing rays, its wrath. Night symbolizes rest and restoration, or something along those lines. It's more passive. The dial isn't a good-o-meter. It reflects the philosophy adopted by your Tenno: a punishing, wrathful stance; a passive stance; or a balanced stance. 

But this interpretation doesn't line up with the choices available in The War Within. The choices in The Sacrifice are completely flipped.

4 hours ago, HerpDerpy said:

I was expecting Umbra to be something different from regular/prime excal because thats what the devs said they wanted to do. They said they wanted Umbra to be something besides just a skin.

Granted, Umbra does have the new polarities and can follow you around, but the following thing is almost worthless because no one uses operator mode, and im so over playing excal that a more powerful excal is just super lackluster.

Even if his powers had slight modifications to them it would have made an enormous difference. Give his exalted blade a new move set, make it so radial javelin is a targeted ability, etc. Something... anything to make him feel somewhat different when you're playing him.

Except he does have a unique ability.  His second ability has a unique animation, an extra effect, and its own animation time, essentially making it a completely new ability.

2 hours ago, Culaio said:

you do realize all previous cinematic quests give us post quest content right ? second dream give us lua/moon, new system and broken war to level, war within given us, kuva fortress, upgrade to focus system, rivens, and teshin glaive orvious to level, sacrifice quest was in every way inferior to both second dream and war within, didnt give us new title set with new missions, we got new frame and weapon but cant level them from ground up, new system we got with this update if inferior to focus/focus 2.0 even though DE said what we get with umbra will be on par with focus/focus 2.0, we did get new mods but maxing them out is only a problem if you arent experianced player, experianced player can instantly max them out once you get them so no effort here, in previous cinematic quests both new and experianced players had some new stuff to do after finishing it.

just as many quests that dont open up new tilesets and the likes, a quest is just a quest, little exciting tidbits between bigger expansions, expecting major aditions just because a quest lands is ridiculous, what this quest delivered was more than enough on its own.

4 minutes ago, DisasterIncarnate said:

just as many quests that dont open up new tilesets and the likes, a quest is just a quest, little exciting tidbits between bigger expansions, expecting major aditions just because a quest lands is ridiculous, what this quest delivered was more than enough on its own.

Not true, what you are talking about is non-cinematic quest, cinematic quests are supposed to be meaningful, fundamental part of the game, devs literally said in the past that sacrifice was going to be on par with second dream and the war within content-wise, it wasnt.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb (PS4)lagrue:

You may notice when you go into operator mode the Excal gets A.I. and fights alongside you.  That alone makes the Umbra quite unique.

Also did you guys not look at your gear and see all the Umbra mods which are direct upgrades to the mods we already have?  New power and the ability to rethink some builds, perhaps even remove some S#&$ty corrupted mods.  Looks great.

And? Thats all they added, wow. There is no real content that got added like with the other updates before. You cant even forma into those new mod polarities so as of now they are only umbra.