Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Polarities?

AreeSoothsayer

Question

23 answers to this question

/w Dragoon1643 Hey! I'd like to buy the Lenz Croni-Geliata Riven that you sell on Riven.market for 400 Platinum! 

vor 18 Stunden schrieb Aceofgods:

Consider this my feedback: Please let us make Umbra polarity slots.

can only second that pls give us the means to create umbra slots

Yes, I feel a quite a bit underwhelmed having maxed every Umbra mod before even completing the Quest to find out you can't polarize slots for them. As long as we can use them on other weapons and frames at all there's no reason not to let us polarize.

34 minutes ago, DarthKadra said:

Yes, I feel a quite a bit underwhelmed having maxed every Umbra mod before even completing the Quest to find out you can't polarize slots for them. As long as we can use them on other weapons and frames at all there's no reason not to let us polarize.

I'm kinda in the same boat with that one too. I maxxed mine out after the quest then found out I couldnt actually fit them anywhere but umbra. We really need to be able to polarise for them since I don't think its really viable to wait another 6 years to have chroma umbra come out if I ever wanted to use the mods on him for example

I refused to level mine because I didn't think you would be able to use the umbrals in other frames. I did the quest straight through, so I never attempted it. Now I'm really glad I did. I would have to farm tons of credits, and decimate my current endo to pull it off, for mods that are practically worthless in anything else. I don't even like excal, so I'm not powering up mods only for him.

They can be fit into other frames if you're creative, course not all setups can manage it without gimping somewhere. My Khora build got a little stronger though. Gave me 1337 Health with 2 Umbra, I want the third in there. Yussss even if I lose my meme health.

hace 11 minutos, AreeSoothsayer dijo:

They can be fit into other frames if you're creative, course not all setups can manage it without gimping somewhere. My Khora build got a little stronger though. Gave me 1337 Health with 2 Umbra, I want the third in there. Yussss even if I lose my meme health.

I got the three fit on my khora build, just not at max rank, i left the three at rank 15. Man i love that health/armor/power bonus and the 10 forma i dumped on her. Two for my rhino prime IS build and now gonna do it to my valkyr or saryn, dont know.

I hope they leave them for Umbra frames only.

Then I hope only frames that aren't a part of the current meta game modes get Umbra models.

We've got metas for ESO and Eidolon hunts.

Those frames do fine.They don't need any help.

If you choose to squeeze an Umbral mod in, you can.

Exactly where do you see people requesting an Excal?

I hope DE is creating a third meta. Sentient Hunter.

Would be cool if frames that currently don't see a lot of play time get buffed in a way that won't see them become the new picks in the current meta, but top picks for something new.

Umbral mods won't mean a thing other than power creep if everyone can just shove all of them into their Saryn, Chroma, Volt, or Trinity. Just more of the same.

Keep them unique I say.

I would love to be able to use them on my frost, as such an item to add the polarity (say, instead of dropping riven transmuters, let the tridolons drop Umbra forma?) would be very welcome.

Waiting for every frame to receive an umbra version would take literally years, and does not seem worth the investment for DE (unless umbra access?).

But I do understand not handing out the fancy polarity willy-nilly just gate it behind something sentient/Ballas related.

i mentioned this elsewhere but it bears repeating:

making a mini quest to make a normal frame "umbral touched" that can be undertaken only by a warframe that doesn't have an umbral polarity, would allow at the end of the quest for a single umbral polarity to be added seems like a way to keep them expensive yet accessible for other frames.  This way you can still use the set without destroying your build but you can't min/max it to death.

Seems quasi reasonable with the next most reasonable thing being leaving it as is since it really shouldn't be something that completely replaces mods for every build given the potency.

My 2 cents.

Yeah there needs to be an option to add an umbral polarity to other frames or melee weapons otherwise it's a waste of both credtis and endo to upgrade these mods, and I feel rather insulted that these mods are only viable on 3 items in the entire game espically after all of the length you have to go to acquire said items.

As has been said, allowing all frames to have umbral polarities will only lead to even more power creep, which DE should try to avoid. Keeping them to Umbra frames is the smarter move IMO, and keep something unique for Umbra

Never happen. Stated by the devs umbral polarity would only be on umbral frames and weapons. I think it's pretty good too. To use the frankly very very powerful umbral mods with the set bonus you'll have to do exactly what umbrals quest name is.... Sacrifice your mod space to fit in these powerful mods. Adding in choice and consequences is a good thing!