The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Pyrana Prime auto-switches to another weapon when magazine empties [Fixed]

Makunogo

I was testing the new Pyrana Prime in Akkad, the weapon feels wonderful, but after going though 5 magazines with it switching into the akpyrana and back working fine. It started autoholstering like the gun was completely out of ammo. I switched back and tried it multiple times and it would keep switching back to my primary when I went though the magazine even though I had 263 ammo in reserve because of carrier prime feeding me ammo mutations. It would happen if it was with the cloned pyrana and without it. I tried switching my options to (Auto Swap on Empty) == False. As well as (Context Action includes Reload) == False. Neither option helped the pyrana stay with me. We had a host migration which reset the gun and seemed to help it stay with me, and I started to hope that it was just an issue with lag, but after about 5-9 times going through the magazine the bug started happening again and it would switch back to my primary after I would empty the magazine, even though I still had 263 ammo in reserve.

Let me know if there is anything else I could provide to help with this.

Loadout:

Limbo Prime

Tenodora

Pyrana Prime

Destreza Prime

Carrier Prime

Vulklok

Few details on this:
It seems to only affect clients and not hosts, tested that with a friend, whoever was host of the mission never ran into the bug while the client constantly did.
It seems to only trigger if you hold down the fire button to take advantage of full auto, manual clicking has always failed to reproduce the issue.

It happened with Ignis Wraith for me. From what I can tell, it might be counting the Ghost Pyrana's ammo supply as part of the weapon even after it's unsummoned.

It's easy to replicate: Proc, shoot all but two bullets, wait for the despawn, shoot the remaining two, and voila (!) gun switches out.

Same, glad it's not just me.  Had plenty of ammo but would switch to melee when clip was unloaded.  I couldn't find a rhyme or reason to it, as sometimes it would keep reloading, other times, it would act like I was out of ammo. 

Yup. Happened to me too. Plus, when I have Limbo Prime equipped it doesn't have this bug instead it stacks the buff. xD
In a 40 wave def. mission I ended up with 96 bullets in a single pyrana magazine double when the ak kicks in and the speed buff seems 8x.
But only with Limbo Prime helmet on, if I use any other frame or change Limbo's helmet the reload bug appears. So yeah, there is something messy in pyrana prime code.

for some reason if you empty the pyrana primes magazine instead of auto reloading it will sometimes unequipe the weapon this will either swap to your primary or melee or if you only have the gun straight up put you in unarmed mode 

As you have probably seen, i am not the only person experiencing this. From time to time, you will unequip your Pyrana Prime for no reason. This is most likely due to it thinking you have no pistol ammo left. This completly ruins the weapon. Please fix this DE

I have yet to experience this bug, something else may be causing it outside of the Pyrana itself. What is the rest of your loadout when this is happening? Frame, weapons, even companion?

I'm just curious if I can replicate this bug. I leveled mine last night and went 5 forma deep, so I've spent enough time with it that if it was just the Pyrana you would think It would happen to me.