Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there a reason we can't sell Umbra for credits?

Wevi

As far as i'm aware we have always been able to sell warframes for credits, even excal prime. Does this mean umbra will be a vital roll in the future and will we be stuck with just an excal version? would have been nice if we were able to pick what frames we wanted to be umbra, from the starter selection (that includes loki).
2018_06_24_08_03_48_WARFRAME.png

Dude, do you want a gameplay reason or a lore reason?

Gameplay is because there is no other way to get him and he might be needed in future content or participate in future Quests.

Lore is because "why the hell would you?", you dont sell any other character. Umbra just became part of your crew. He had a backstory, a whole quest dedicated to him, why would the Tenno free him from his torment just to sell him later?

The only thing I can assume is that he was needed during the sacrifice quest and may be needed in the future or something. But then again it doesn't matter to me, I don't intend in selling any of my frames.

Edited by JackMcRain

Excalibur Umbra is-and-was the best Dax (n)ever known. Why would anyone want to sell what is essentially, lore-wise, an amalgamation of Master Chief/117 (Halo), Doomguy (circa DOOM 2016), Prophet (Crysis series) with a hint of Batman? It would essentially make numerous future quests unplayable and likely kill the Tenno in the process of 'un-linking' with Umbra, meaning permanent game over.

If Umbra can't be sold, Founders may ask why Prime could and why they still can't put Prime's cosmetics on him; why haven't they made a poll about this yet?

Gameplay-wise, he may be required to help tame future Umbras and may have some specific gameplay element in future content (like the Tau System or Sentient installations).

Story-wise, I already said 75% of why, but the other 20% is 'what if there's other Umbras who remember him?', and the last 5% being 'what if a female Umbra can fall in love with a male Umbra and...' .

Edited by Koldraxon-732
This Warframe is not just a metal-infested golem-puppet made from blueprints.

Because:

Spoiler

Umbra is a requirement for certain Sacrifice quests in which you're still free to roam around your ship and do other missions if you choose to (changing arsenal), and if you were to sell Umbra before finishing the whole Sacrifice quest, you'd be pretty much screwed up, and DE saves tons of support tickets from people who 'accidentally' sold Umbra.

7 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Excalibur Umbra is-and-was the best Dax (n)ever known.

Which you 3D printed in 10 seconds flat for chump change in resources. Should be easy enough to make another one if you end up missing it later.

33 minutes ago, TGDM said:

Which you 3D printed in 10 seconds flat for chump change in resources. Should be easy enough to make another one if you end up missing it later.

We didn't merely 3D print him. We reassembled him from both A: the parts we scavenged from the scene and B: Ordis' reconstruction subroutine.

While the dialogue didn't explicitly state that we did take the parts home, the facts that we didn't have to use excessive amounts of resources or craft the chassis, systems, and neuroptics separately, in addition to a 0-plat rush and effectively no wait time seem like evidence to the point that he was reconstructed - like taking a corpse and filling in the gaps before waking it up.

When we get to replay this quest, consider these points when you scan the scene. In addition, when you revisit the scene at the conclusion, and in Captura, Umbra's parts are missing, which further imply that you -did- take them to the Orbiter to recompile Excal Umbra and by extension explain why he even remembers anything at all.

If we had to '3D print him', we would've had to:
1: fetch the blueprints from somewhere.
2: build the blueprints, which may have required a normal Excalibur set of parts, not unified into a built Excalibur.
3: use significantly more resources and wait 84 to 96 hours in total if you built all the blueprints together and didn't rush them.

And Umbra wouldn't've remembered anything; he would've been the same as any other Warframe or Excalibur in that case.

Given these things and that he is essentially the first of the 'Cinematic Questframe' kind, and that replaying Questframe Quests awards you nothing, you'll be unable to get a replacement anyway because he has no marketplace entry.

Edited by Koldraxon-732
Elaborated on something.

sell umbra? why would you do that, he cannot be acquired again. 

I have a character on Lotro that is as old as that game, the reason he doesn't get deleted is because of 1 horse. 

Maybe its just me.

Edited by Babellon

45 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Imagine if you could sell the Operator. That'll be the same thing.

I would totally do that, though :V If I can consign a dog/cat to the Lotus, why can't I sell the tatertot as well?

9 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

If we had to '3D print him', we would've had to:

1: fetch the blueprints from somewhere.
2: build the blueprints, which may have required a normal Excalibur set of parts, not unified into a built Excalibur.
3: use significantly more resources and wait 84 to 96 hours in total if you built all the blueprints together and didn't rush them.

So what you're saying is we could rebuild it if we wanted to?

11 minutes ago, TGDM said:

I would totally do that, though :V If I can consign a dog/cat to the Lotus, why can't I sell the tatertot as well?

Because human trading is forbidden in normal society I guess 😄

57 minutes ago, TGDM said:

Perhaps we've just revived him with kuva?

il y a 3 minutes, Dreddeth a dit :

The other short answer: Why are you selling a quest frame?

For the same reason people would sell Chroma, Limbo, Mirage, Atlas, Titania, Exca Prime etc. (forget the existance of Mirage/Limbo/etc. Prime): "I didn't know/It was an accident!"