Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PLEASE let us use the same mods on our Sentinel Weapons

Sephryn_

Now with the separately moddable exalted weapons this system just becomes even trashier.

Why can I use the same mods that I have on my Pandero on my Regulators? But can't equip my Serration on both my Sybaris and Vulklok?

I'm tired of not being able to use the weapons I want to use because the mods are already equipped somewhere else, so please just let us equip the same mods on our sentinel weapons like we can with our exalted weapons.

Edited by Hannuxis

33 minutes ago, Hannuxis said:

Why can I use the same mods that I have on my Pandero on my Regulators? But can't equip my Serration on both my Sybaris and Vulklok?

Because technically, you cannot have both Pandero and Regulators equipped at the same time, in contrast to Vulklok and Sybaris where both users can be present and using the mods at once.

Requirement of forma for the exalted weapons is bad enough, to require separate set of mods on top of that would result in DE offices being literally set alight from the backlash.

Edited by JuicyButthurt

I agree. it's an obsolete restriction that only discourages investment into sentinel weapons, and it's not like Sentinel weapons are even that powerful with maxed builds anyway. they still pale in comparison to even mid-tier guns, so it wouldn't make Sentinels overpowered. there was never really a need for this anyway, and there certainly isn't now. having to rank up a second copy of each mod is just unnecessary hassle and makes no sense when you can have the same mods on every weapon, yet somehow having them on your Sentinel at the same time is too far..

Sentinels already beat out the other companions anyway for popularity, aside from the odd Smeeta farm. may as well just let us make them how we want.

22 minutes ago, JuicyButthurt said:

Because technically, you cannot have both Pandero and Regulators equipped at the same time, in contrast to Vulklok and Sybaris where both users can be present and using the mods at once.

Requirement of forma for the exalted weapons is bad enough, to require separate set of mods on top of that would result in DE offices being literally set alight from the backlash.

I'm not saying they shouldn't you use the same mods on exalted weapons, I'm saying they SHOULD let you use the same mods on sentinel weapons.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I agree. it's an obsolete restriction that only discourages investment into sentinel weapons, and it's not like Sentinel weapons are even that powerful with maxed builds anyway. they still pale in comparison to even mid-tier guns, so it wouldn't make Sentinels overpowered. there was never really a need for this anyway, and there certainly isn't now. having to rank up a second copy of each mod is just unnecessary hassle and makes no sense when you can have the same mods on every weapon, yet somehow having them on your Sentinel at the same time is too far..

I personally always play with my Carrier and its Sweeper Prime modded for extra status (Electricity+Explosive, for crowd control). I rarely play Shotguns so I've put Primed mods and Shell Shock on it. Carrier does an insanely good job at controlling and even killing enemies, but this is indeed a problem as I can't switch to a Shotgun without changing either my sentinel, its weapon, or just completely abandon the idea of modding the shotgun properly.

I'm all for abandoning this restriction, but I'd understand if they don't though.

50 minutes ago, JuicyButthurt said:

But I can use the same mods on my Smeeta and my Venari, and they are both active at the same time.

5 hours ago, JuicyButthurt said:

So mid-mission, He's moving all those shared mods from Pandero to Regulators every time he activates his exalted weapon, and moving them back after he cancels it?  See how this no longer makes sense?  

Gara's cat and exalted weapons are warframe abilities not physically separate entity. They are magic. Sentinels kubrow and kavat are pets.

The mods are like standardized MODifications that take time to add remove. Sure limbo could ask enemies yo stop to unscrew rifles back and forth... But thats a power 35 other frames dont have.

The mods appear as cards as a convenient way to organize, but have confused as to what they are.

Run with nekros and hydroid in squad on missions besides hydron and u will have literally hundreds of all mods.

The only change I can see happening is Sentinel weapons getting their own mods or simply doing away with mods and each weapon being given a role.

They aren't going to let you slot the same Primed Point Blank on your Tigris P. and your Sweeper. That is just not a reasonable thing to expect.

14 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

The only change I can see happening is Sentinel weapons getting their own mods or simply doing away with mods and each weapon being given a role.

They aren't going to let you slot the same Primed Point Blank on your Tigris P. and your Sweeper. That is just not a reasonable thing to expect.

thats a very reasonable thing to expect and ask for. its much much more reasonable than completely scrapping mod system. 

The thing with Exalted weapons is you aren't using the mod at the same time. As you are either using your normal weapon OR your Exalted weapons. 

Where as with Sentinels you are using your main weapon AND your sentinel weapon. 

So far the only exception seems to be Venari if you run with a second companion. Which I wish had been more clear from the start cause I wouldn't have gone out and gotten myself a second bite mod but eh. 

Tho personally I can't recall the last time outside of Djinn that I've bothered to equip a weapon on my Sentinel mostly because I don't even have room for an attack precept in 90% of my builds. Which was after probably a good year or so of running with a Death Machinegun that had no attack precept to trigger it and a moment of "why do I even have it equipped then?". 

Don't get me wrong I'd be totally fine if they removed the restriction but it's a logical restriction if they choose to leave it in. 

Edited by Oreades

il y a une heure, Zeclem a dit :

thats a very reasonable thing to expect and ask for. its much much more reasonable than completely scrapping mod system. 

Very reasonnable, that's not for the damage sentinel weapon do, but it's just itchy to not have a perfectly optimized build. I got carrier prime and helios prime, but can't use sweaper prime neither deconstructor prime, cause it takes away from my tigris prime or from any of my melee. So I got forced to level a sentinel rifle to have a sentinel weapon for my sortie build.

Farming a lot to get rare stuff, alright. Having to manage duplicates, that's just a pain.

Anybody else find it hilarious when DE releases some arbitrary change to the game, and you get legions of people coming in to all of a sudden rationalize why it is ok, but other similar changes are not ok?

Before Exalted Weapon Changes:

"DE, why can't we use the same mods in our Sentinels as our Exalted Weapons?"

DE Blind Supporter: "Well, you see the rationale behind this is that mods are finite. If the Sentinel and Exalted Weapon are using the same mod, that would not work as one has to be installed in both each. It wouldn't make sense if Mods are shared across any other items."

After Exalted Weapon Changes:

"DE, now that Exalted can share mods with a weapon, why can't we share those mods with secondary as well?" 

DE Blind Supporter: "You see, Exalted weapons are no longer secondary items. They are special magic, thus they can be shared. Non-magic items still shouldn't be shared." 

After Tennocon when Mods are Shared in all items:

Same DE Blind Supporter: "This makes so much sense, mods aren't physical finite items. They are tied to the warframe, not separate items."

You guys never fail to apply some mental-rationale behind every single arbitrary decision DE makes. I'm not hating on DE, because I support most of what they do. I'm just pointing out that a lot of you are sheep, and you're not fooling anybody lol.

P.S. All choices made by DE in regards to the game are relative and arbitrary if there are no physical engine-based limitations preventing the change. It's just some people in a room saying "I want to do this and I want to do that, but not this because...reasons."

Edited by AlMcFly

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

But using the same Primed Target Cracker on your exalted and your secondary is reasonable?

Back when primed mods didn't exist there was an argument for farming a 2nd set of damage/elemental mods as they were reasonable to acquire and rank to max. That's just not the case any longer.