Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possibility of Zawframes or Warframe Rivens?

Waterbeacon

So I have been thinking about how cool this would be lately and here is what I think. So first off Rivens, I don't think those would be hard to do and you would obtain them like any other riven. The possible stats would just be what we normally have (health, shields, efficiency, duration etc) and I think it would be a cool way to mix things up.

Now the possibility of Zawframes is a distant and hard one. I just think that after Fortuna we would get open world Mercury with the infestation. If there is a town there that is like the Myconians then it would be cool if you could essentially grow your own warframe.

What do you think, would this work? would it not? I just think it's a cool idea

4 minutes ago, Waterbeacon said:

If there is a town there that is like the Myconians then it would be cool if you could essentially grow your own warframe.

What do you think, would this work? would it not?

Depends on whats exactly on your mind.

Choose which abilities the warframe will have? Big no go. Discussed many times: these frames would be way too overpowered.

Nope and nope. Well maybe Zawframes. But each "core" would be basically the Strike and what counts for MR and would be a predetermined set of 4 powers. The arms, legs, chest and head would adjust the base run,health,shield,armor. Each adding and subtracting from each other. But it falls in the same place Arcane Helms where you are needing to pick specific cosmetics for specific game numbers. And people are pretty much all against that when it comes to warframes.

Edited by Firetempest

Just now, Waterbeacon said:

Why do you say that?

Rivens have been the worst big money trade influence on the game yet with rng over rng over rng (but likely making DE tons of money so not bad for them) and has increased the power creep tremendously. And Zaws suffer the same problem as all "choose your parts" systems. There are a few optimal builds while the rest are a waste of time, resources and rep.

8 minutes ago, Waterbeacon said:

Why do you say that?

Zaws have no visual identity. Zaws are some kind of "development laziness", just "do-it-yourself" stuff, with overall poor design (because it needs to be adaptable to all the available parts). Manually-designed weapons are a clear benefit for developpers : hundreds of "different weapons" with the overall same design, tons of tasteless grind (nothing that can be obtained by killing enemies, only fishing/mining/skinning/finding stuff), no need to think about the Prime variant, no overall lore-facts or codex entry. Just "Hey, stick this receiver on this stick and see what you'll obtain !"... Yeah, a Receiverstick weapon, how awesome is that

Rivens were created because they didn't want to deal with weapons balancing ever again. And they're heavily destroying the weapons balance in game (not even mentioning the nonsensical economy we have right now thanks to that). Applying this to Warframes would be a complete balancing nightmare and would effectively be efficient for "tier 2" Warframes. They would never make Atlas or whatever underused frame relevant. They would just make "just-below-Saryn" Warframes completely overpowered, as for weapons.

Edited by Chewarette

7 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Zaws have no visual identity. Zaws are some kind of "development laziness", just "do-it-yourself" stuff, with overall poor design (because it needs to be adaptable to all the available parts). Manually-designed weapons are a clear benefit for developpers : hundreds of "different weapons" with the overall same design, tons of tasteless grind (nothing that can be obtained by killing enemies, only fishing/mining/skinning/finding stuff), no need to think about the Prime variant, no overall lore-facts or codex entry. Just "Hey, stick this receiver on this stick and see what you'll obtain !"... Yeah, a Receiverstick weapon, how awesome is 

Would you rather not be given the option or customization possibilities at all?

Just now, Waterbeacon said:

Why bother when one cohesive design with a theme is better than mixing up ~5 different separate designs like some happymeal toy.

3pogeonosis.jpg Its pretty obvious when styles clash. Just like mixing cosmetic armor pieces.

I would welcome a modular type of ability system where you can select 4 abilities from a pool of ones available.  There's always 1 or 2 abilities every frame I play that gets underused or not used at all.

No for both sugestions.

You cant implement something just couse it sound cool. The balance would be hell and it would ruin many aspects.

Also it would create hostility when forming a group. You dont have riven on your warframe it makes you weaker and groups will look for someone who does.

I already dislike the Riven System (even if I own over 50+ Rivens, I never said I had self control).

I can't stand the Rolls and yet I keep rolling only to get awful stats and stay with Meh stats cause I got tired of rolling a riven mod.

Adding Rivens to Warframes will make me want to quit and it will brake many build I already have. Not to mention making strong warframes even more broken than they already have, just look at Inaros with Umbra Mods, disgusting.

3 hours ago, Waterbeacon said:

There are customization options: weapon/Frame selection and modding system. If it only worked properly...

Zaws and Rivens are literally the 2 worst additions to the game. Both needlessly enhance power creep; Rivens in their short time already distorted perception of weapons; Zaws make 95% of existing and upcomming melee weapons redundant (and DE expands this virus to secondaries in a few months).

Edited by ShortCat

3 hours ago, ShortCat said:

There are customization options: weapon/Frame selection and modding system. If it only worked properly...

Zaws and Rivens are literally the 2 worst additions to the game. Both needlessly enhance power creep; Rivens in their short time already distorted perception of weapons; Zaws make 95% of existing and upcomming melee weapons redundant (and DE expands this virus to secondaries in a few months).

Personally, rivens actually gave me something to strive for at end game. Saying that rivens are the worst addition to the game is an entirely subjective claim. 

Edited by ConzyFTW

8 hours ago, ConzyFTW said:

Personally, rivens actually gave me something to strive for at end game. Saying that rivens are the worst addition to the game is an entirely subjective claim. 

Objectively the game itself should be the driving force. If you need a carrot on a stick as motivation and found a reason to play after Rivens, I am very happy for you. But do not mix up personal motivations with smart game design. 

Just like you, there are other players who like Rivens and are ready to pay several kilo plat for them, which resurected plat trades. However, now DE cannot execute their "intended" dynamic Riven disposition adjustments without metroc ton of rant. Or do you remember when was the last time they updated it? That is what I call to shoot oneself in the foot, this is what I call bad game design.

15 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Depends on whats exactly on your mind.

Choose which abilities the warframe will have? Big no go. Discussed many times: these frames would be way too overpowered.

Doubting on abilities but visual design could be possible. Choosing from arms/torso/legs to make a unique zawframe/ Could it vary their stats based on armor/health/shields/energy? Maybe? But i'd only see it in negilible amounts.

Gilding would basically be their equivilant to primes.

Rivens on frames though is a big nono.

Edited by Vilemyre