Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unpopular Opinions on weapons that you have

Curious about what people think about their favorite weapon. Is it one that you love to use, but nobody likes to see it in game? Is it one that you have but everyone tells you that there are better weapons? Do you have a weapon that's just a guilty pleasure to use? 

For me, my most unpopular one is... 

The Tenora is Better then the Soma Prime. 

I know. Kill me now. Shanghai me. 

But why? I hear you ask? 

Well. For one. It looks like a freaking gattling gun. Perfect look for any tank frame in my opinion. Plus it has higher base damage, and higher status chance. Yes it has 50 less rounds. But it at least doesn't have a crescent moon for an ammo clip. It hits as hard, if not harder when modded right, with more reliable status procs.

That and the Soma is so overhyped it kind of killed it for me. 

So, what are your unpopular opinions when it comes to the weapons you love? 

I enjoy the Azima, Aksomati, Machete Wraith, Telos Boltace, and Snipetron (not Vandal) all with [good] Riven Mods. I enjoy using underrated weapons as the content level in Warframe doesn't require Lanka/Tigris Prime/Tiberon Prime to kill enemies.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

where's my Grinlok crew at?

Dex/Prime Sybaris is arguably better, but I love everything about the Grinlok; it's appearance, it's nature as a lever-action rifle, it's accuracy and power, and with a Riven it's basically a Sniper without a Scope. headshots with it are just super satisfying!

12 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

My staticors are super beastly, and you can't ever convince me to try any other secondary weapon because they will never be as fun, not as satisfying and not as deadly as my energy throwing balls of death! 

Aren't those the one's that lock you into a melee stance?

You'd think someone called fashionframe would be bothered by that...

Then again I may be thinking of the other S-Cor.

Two particular unpopular weapon opinions I have that come to mind:

• I take Vectis Prime as my main Primary weapon into almost all missions and regularly come out on top of the Kill List...while exclusively using an XBOX 360 PC controller.  
  • I think Shotguns are slow, boring, and terribly unfun.  I'd rather scrape my face against the wall than run a mission with my Tigris Prime.  In Shotgun Only Shorties, I use Chromatic Blade the entire time.  

One of my personal favorites is the Mutalist Cernos.  I don't see a single soul use it outside of popping Saryn spores back in the day.  With a great riven and build synergy with a tanky frame, it does so much damage it's incredible.  Makes all my other bows feel extremely underwhelming.

The other infested weapons generally see little play, but I think they're very fun weapons to use if geared out properly.

38 minutes ago, AlMcFly said:

Two particular unpopular weapon opinions I have that come to mind:

• I take Vectis Prime as my main Primary weapon into almost all missions and regularly come out on top of the Kill List...while exclusively using an XBOX 360 PC controller.  
  • I think Shotguns are slow, boring, and terribly unfun.  I'd rather scrape my face against the wall than run a mission with my Tigris Prime.  In Shotgun Only Shorties, I use Chromatic Blade the entire time.  

Have you tried the Astilla? I feel like it is shotgun made for people who don't like to use shotguns.

For me though? The Lex Prime. I want to like it, but it feels so slow and sluggish to use, high recoil, low ROF, slow to reload and a small magazine. Love the Vasto Prime though.

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Dex/Prime Sybaris is arguably better, but I love everything about the Grinlok; it's appearance, it's nature as a lever-action rifle, it's accuracy and power, and with a Riven it's basically a Sniper without a Scope. headshots with it are just super satisfying!

So you're probably happy with the slight buff it got recently.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Badfaildotexe said:

I know. Kill me now. Shanghai me. 

But I want to shake your hand for that, is it weird? You didn't even mention the alternative mode which instantly makes it better in terms of fun.

Edited by Enchillado

45 minutes ago, Illithar said:

Have you tried the Astilla? I feel like it is shotgun made for people who don't like to use shotguns.

For me though? The Lex Prime. I want to like it, but it feels so slow and sluggish to use, high recoil, low ROF, slow to reload and a small magazine. Love the Vasto Prime though.

I haven't looked at the Astilla yet, but will now.

I have the same opinion as you about Lex Prime. I am currently using Akstilleto Prime as my main Secondary and so far, it shreds everything.

1 hour ago, (PS4)purpleskullgamin said:

Aren't those the one's that lock you into a melee stance?

You'd think someone called fashionframe would be bothered by that...

Then again I may be thinking of the other S-Cor.

I think you're referring to something else, doesn't ring a bell to me

16 minutes ago, Oreades said:

I like the Zarr, it's a mortar, it's a shotgun, two good things that go great together  and for whatever reason it's classified as an Assault Rifle. It is literally the Platypus of Warframe weapons. 

Zarr was really fun for the two Hydron groups it took me to get MR 30 on it.  Properly modded out, I can imagine it would be a hilarious beast.  If I were a Hydroid Prime player, I would use it as my main in a heartbeat!

Edited by AlMcFly

13 minutes ago, AlMcFly said:

Zarr was really fun for the two Hydron groups it took me to get MR 30 on it.  Properly modded out, I can imagine it would be a hilarious beast.  If I were a Hydroid Prime player, I would use it as my main in a heartbeat!

Zarr + Mirage HoM build is LOTS of fun too 😄

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I like semi auto rifles but hate it when they have a fire rate higher than 4, more than 4 clicks for second makes them feel weak and hard to keep that fire rate and aim properly, Grinlok is right where I like it and sadly I don't use it as much as I like it. Same reason why I like the Quartakk quite a lot, Argonak is also rather nice (but already a pain to match the fire rate). Shame the Veldt doesn't feel as enjoyable. D; I like the design but dunno, perhaps it's because my Grinlok/Quartakk/Argonak all have rivens and that one doesn't so it's weaker. And of course the Zenith is also very enjoyable.

Very often I end up running the Quartakk and Stubba set since both are pretty good and solid guns and they complement each other very well.

I'd say my unpopular opinion for a weapon that hasn't been mentioned is that the Kohmak isn't bad at all, it just happens to have a couple of issues inherent to most secondary, stock zoom level being 2.0x (every gun without a zoom stat uses the stock 2.0x) feels too much because it's a small shorgun, and then it's full auto and will use multiple ammo per shot after the wind up but has the 210 ammo count which is just too low, which leads to using mutation which in turn takes away power from the gun. It can kill high level armoured targets pretty fast provided you can get near them, really good when you consider it's a regular gun, not wraith (which is the comparable tier with Prime), it has pretty decent damage numbers. Since I have a riven for it (not the twin, the regular, I was forma'ing the regular right when the twin was release, so I have both with forma now), it actually melts level 150 bombards faster than the Akstil Prime, well, even my Wraith Twin Vipers with a riven do that, they just run out of ammo in less than nothing (at least Dex Furis has more ammo, but again I have a riven which gives damage, magazine and total ammo, so it lasts longer but still doesn't recover ammo fast enough without carrier).

Edited by God_is_a_Cat_Girl

I use what I like, face it, generally Warframe doesn't require meta. Not what I play anyway, I don't do insanely long endless missions or Eidolons. As such, I generally use what I want.

That being, Braton Prime and Burston Prime primarily. Also like to use Aklex Prime or Azima.

My weapons of choice are Daikyu, Arca Plasmor, AkBolto Prime, AkMagnus, Venka Prime, and Glaive Prime.  All Gas builds.  

I use them all in some combination equally during missions.  Getting top kills and damage all while using an Xbox One Elite controller on PC.  

2 minutes ago, lolmetimbers said:

Khora is a better excalibur

Aklex prime is hot garbage

Tiberon Prime is boring to use

Almost all youtubers don't know how to build weapons optimally

I can agree with your list.