Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

23.3.0 Vauban changes - REALLY DE??????

TKDancer

DE what the heck

people have been asking for proper changes to vauban for so long due to how pointless tesla and minelayer are and how bastille is better than vortex in most scenarios(and his awful passive)

and after ALL that time, all that waiting, all we get is a 25% conditional dmg boost to replace his old passive, a nerf to repelling bastille and "hold to charge" tesla? no modding tesla, nothing to make vortex more worth using over bastille in more scenarios, no changes to minelayer

this is freaking absurd, it really feels like you dont play your own game, in what scenario outside of the 1st 2 planets will a slightly stronger tesla be of use to vauban?

incredibly dissapointed

323% PS and it can't even really take care of a 50 corrupt bombard (not my testing)

cb117e9fe66864f9671e9bdbf2e6e811.gif

EDIT: people have pointed out to me that they DO plan more changes, so heres hoping they listen to more feedback and actually implement changes based on the feedback

Edited by TKDancer

12 minutes ago, Gweredith said:

This might not be the full revisit.

might, might not, we literally dont know

EDIT: i've been corrected and that they do plan more changes

and if they do plan on making actual worthwhile changes they could afford to mention it in the update 

Edited by TKDancer

This isn't even a rework, barely even a revisit, a charge mechanic on his 1 nobody asked for and wanted (I know Hydroids+Embers dont bring much to the table), a passive that to my understanding isnt even that big of a game changer, and did they bother to alter his stats? Coulda just as easily revisted him with the intention to make him on par with Hydroid in regards to his playstyle and niche, beefy+armor CC/area lockdown machine but here we are.

55 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

im allowed to give feedback now too, kinda the point of this forum

specially on the repelling bastille nerf

Repelling Bastille wasn't nerfed, this change is to circumvent a bug that prevents Repelling Bastille from functioning AT ALL, which to me seems like a buff.

29 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Poor Rathelius, poor Vauban, poor us. Vauban requires more than a simple look over and minor adjustments. So far the only thing that looks good is the augment change making it more reliable.

Yeah, it's more reliable. But with a 4 second tick rate the only thing it does reliably is let enemies walk in.

DE-Vauban Gets a free 25% damage boost to CC enemies. Awesome

Also DE-Nerf repelling bastille

Perfectly balanced, as everything should be.

Tesla didn't need to charge, If tesla could hit multiple targets at once it would've been a great skill. Or charging it would increase the # of enemies it affects/status chance.

58 minutes ago, Kaliphear said:

Yeah, it's more reliable. But with a 4 second tick rate the only thing it does reliably is let enemies walk in.

To note, Megan mentioned that the 4s pushback is supposed to be in addition to its already existing functionality and that it wasn't supposed to replace it, and it's getting fixed in the next hotfix

To be honest: The new passive is really strong.If the rest of vauban wouldn't be in the spot he is now, it would say it's too strong.

Let's judge Repelling bastille when DE fixed the bug.

Giving Tesla a charge up doesn't really solve its issues.

Tesla and Minelayer don't bring enough to the table. Too much effort for set up while having too little impact on the battle field.

Bastille and Vortex are too redundant.

Vauban needs more to get up to date, way more.

Edited by Sahansral

vor 3 Stunden schrieb TKDancer:

might, might not, we literally dont know

EDIT: i've been corrected and that they do plan more changes

and if they do plan on making actual worthwhile changes they could afford to mention it in the update 

vor 3 Stunden schrieb VisionAndVoice:

They literally said they plan more changes.

where do you have that information from? I have seen the one with bastilles new bug, but not that there are more changes incoming

vor 2 Stunden schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

Please note, this functionality is supposed to be in ADDITION to the normal/historic Repelling Bastille - not replacing. Next Hotfix will repair this bug!

As someone who was waiting for a rework and fixes ever since the normal Vauban released, i think that those things are a good start.

I dont care about the Tesla one, its an ability i dont use anyway. If they would remove the duration cap, then maybe, just maybe i would give it a try.

The Bastille one is great once the bug is fixed. If it works as intended it is a full area lockdown again, an impenetrable fortress. Thats nice. Combine it with for example a Slova and you have your safety zone back.

And his passive? Well...25% is better than no passive at all, isnt it? And more damage is more damage. Would just be good to know where it triggers.

Edited by LazerusKI

9 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

That's not how you spell RevXDev

Okay yeah, he's not blatantly lying about, slandering or personally attacking anyone in the community. But really, can you find me a moment in any of his videos where Rathelius is sincerely positive about anything to do with Warframe that he doesn't immediately discount or dismiss with something negative? I honestly don't think I've ever heard him happy about anything in the game, so if you could find anything to prove me wrong I'd be happy.

Edited by SenorClipClop