September 26Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

September 26th Community Hot Topics  

2,408 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Preface & Stats:

Our forums are home to 904,385 Tenno, and growing each day! In September alone. these forums have received 142,543 unique posts, with many important things being discussed. The goal of our Community Hot Topics is to find the important discussions that may have been missed and allow highlighted discourse and polling to occur. While we’d love to have dev instantly change things based on the polls, we understand that having the data to support our feedback goes along way to gradual change. Oberon’s rework was heavily influenced by the Hot Topics, as well as the way Kubrow removal was handled. Now, onward to the Hot Topics! 

Accessories:

Community threads often ask for a diverse range of new cosmetic items (see some threads below). The poll above asks for your opinion on what types of cosmetics you like the most. We can discuss some community favorites in a future Community Hot Topics, once the poll has narrowed down the categories. 

Please, continue this discussion in the following threads:

Login Rewards:

Login Rewards are frequently a hot topic on the forums. Many veteran players have said that affinity is a frustrating login reward, but what is your opinion on some of the other login rewards? Are there others you do like? Steve has mentioned to us that the Login Reward system is admittedly a little prehistoric to everything else in the game, and it was added in haste because we felt not having one would be detrimental to the game overall. Please vote in the poll for what you think is required of us for an ideal Login Reward system:

Please, continue this discussion in the following thread:

Mastery Rank:

Many players are quick to note that after a certain point, Mastery Rank is just about status. Rollerlane has an interesting thread (link below) that suggests rewards for achieving certain ranks. Do you think Mastery Ranks should come with rewards? Do you think Mastery Rank should be tied to more things ingame? See what your fellow players think in the above polls. 

Nekros:

We discussed Excalibur in depth during the last Community Hot Topics, but many other Warframes are also frequently hot topics in the community, so lets highlight some community topics on Nekros this week. Nekros has been a hot topic for a long time (especially Desecrate). We’ve included a poll above to get a sense of how players feel about Nekros and his abilities. Please, vote to see what your fellow players think and provide your own opinion. There are a lot of community topics about many different warframes, so we can continue to highlight a warframe in each Community Hot Topics, if there is enough interest from the community. 

In-Game Events:

Now that Gatecrash has ended on PC and Cryotic Front underway on Console, a sizable number of feedback threads have been posted. A common issue from these threads is the repetitiveness of some events and how the difficulty scales. Community threads have been full of ways to improve on events. The first poll for this topic focuses on what kinds of things players like in an event. The second poll addresses some of the issues brought up by the community. The third poll is a chance for the community to vote on which past event was their overall favorite!

Concentration versus Dilution, gamewide:

With Nyx Prime live on all Platforms, the hunt is now on. 

When it comes to the Void, 14.8.0 and Nyx Prime pieces concentrated the Void the drop tables - the duplicates from before were replaced with new content. Does this mean you’ll get Nyx Prime in 4 runs? If you’re lucky. The main way development is supported is when players decide it's worth it to purchase the visual design overhauls that come with Prime Access; cosmetics with slight to medium stat boosts plus a heap of discounted Platinum. When Loki Prime hit, triplicates entered the Void, and were then reduced to duplicates (still not great). When Nyx Prime entered, nothing was added on top of the existing duplicates, only duplicates were replaced, a step toward concentration. With all that said, we still are waiting on more information about a certain Void Trader that has been mentioned as a possible solution for a token-esque system for unwanted Prime Parts. On top of the Void, we have Mod drops, which come under criticism for still including Warframe Ability mods, something a lot of Tenno would like to see changed. When it comes to your gameplay goals, which area concerns you more? 

Informant event was best event. I like events simple.

Complete rework of Nekros IS NEEDED. His only use currently is getting more loot, and he sucks at that as well. Remove the enemy limit on Terrify, make Shadows of the Dead clones draw more enemy aggro, Desecrate should have a 100% chance of succeeding and Soul Punch should affect bigger area.

Matchmaking should be more mastery rank focused. I don't see why newbies would like to play with ''pros'' only to get their kills stolen. Veterans also dislike seeing noobs in their PUG games. Newbies learn from each others, they won't learn anything when they have to leech most of the games with veteran in them.

Some planets should also be mastery rank locked IMO.

Remove the crap from Void drop tables already. If I do T1 capture, for example, I do it to get the Prime parts from it, not for other keys. Also rewards from each missions should have an equal chance of dropping (for example, T2 capture has 6 different rewards, all those rewards should have a 1/6 chance of dropping).

Edited by Airut

Currently, how mastery ranks operate, they are little more than a brag tag that grants you some more trades a day and a few weapons.

I REALLY do want Focus to be heavily reliant on Mastery. Make it something to strive for, make it something that directly affects your overall abilites, make it something that, especially us veteran players who aren't current maximum mastery, players will want to complete.

Perhaps this can be as simple as adding 17 focus points at Rank 17?

Mod tables need to be less dilute.

The first solution would be to remove ability mods and shift them elsewhere, possibly by allowing players to use mods they own at a rank less than it's current maximum.

One other way to increase drops slightly would be to have Eximi also pull drops from the rare mod pool of their lesser counterparts.

Question: What do you like most in an event? (can choose more than one)

1. bullet_star_rated.png Lore. (1 votes [100.00%])

2. Rewards. (0 votes [0.00%])

3. New mechanics/game modes. (0 votes [0.00%])

I would vote for these 3 =) You did really good job with making lore and stories around quests + some of rewards were pretty awsome.

Question: What do you like least in an event? (can choose more than one)

1. bullet_star_rated.png Repeating the same objective. (1 votes [100.00%])

Making 15 runs of same map isnt that much fun, but Gate Crash had awsome improvement about fact more you ran, weaker you were.

For this I would suggest making events on more planents with different objectives. Like you will go to Earth, do something...it will lead you to another planet with another objectives.

+ I would want some events where you would need team cooperation. I mean not like killing together and healing your allies. E.g. Cryotic Font, you could say: you guys go get items I will keep scanner powered.

Because its turning into a wall of text refer to the spoilers in each section for my thoughts on it.

Prime and Mod Drop Tables:

I'm worried about both drop tables but since you can only choose one option in that question I chose the mod tables cause its so hard to get some drops like Gleaming Talon for example if people missed the back to school alert and you having the mod drops more as you progress through the solar system as a new player, yes you gave out damaged mods on the tutorial, but once out of the tutorial new players and old find it really hard to find the mods that they need, I've had new players in my clan asking people to trade them some mods since they've found it so hard to get the mod to actually drop and given up after they've done so many runs to try and get it.

To start to solve the mod drop tables dilution, yes start too, I believe that DE should at least remove the warframe ability mods and put them in the market for credits so that people still have access to them and can have duplicates to whatever level they want them to be at and it will reduce the amount of mods on single enemies. Also remove the kubrow ability mods from the feral kubrows since you already get them from incubating the type of kubrow they are there for, as with the warframe ability mods, maybe put them on the market. 

But the void drop tables are also very diluted, you should at least remove the possibility of getting rare fusion cores and keys from non endless missions (void exterminate, capture and mobile defence) since you only get one reward and that shouldn't be another key especially at Tower 4 after you've done all the farming with interception and running the mission only to get a Tower 2 exterminate mission, or that you've put new prime parts in tower 1 which has such a high chance to get more tower keys.

The cores and keys are okay, I suppose, in void defence, survival and in the tower 4 interception since you can continue on to try and get another reward and in the case of survival and soon to be defence as they have/ will have stackable rewards, hopefully interception will as well.

Events:

The event that I found the most fun/best was Cyrotic Front. I found it the most fun as it was just fun running with clan mates to see how far we could get before we had to go, and getting 3K points on Europa was quite easy once you got that event node unlocked and you went to 3 different tile sets so it was a change of scenery as you got higher points, rather than having to grind the same node on the same planet 100 times in the case of The Gradivus Dilemma. 

However I would like to see all past main events make a return (e.g. Cicero, Gradivus, Thetra, Specters, Breeding grounds, Cryotic front, Gate Crash and maybe the hunt for alad V) at least as repayable quests in the future. The Oxium event should just have its lore added to the codex with the mod gotten from it added to oxium ospreys as a drop.

Mastery Rank:

I think mastery needs to mean more than a number above rank 8 since whats the point of leveling stuff up after mastery rank 8 as all it does is show that you've grinded more weapons and frames to max level, maybe you get a cosmetic at the start of the game and as you level up in mastery the cosmetic changes like DE is saying the tactical alert emblem will, (not just a number in the middle change) or something else.

Cosmetics:

Always nice to have more and different types of cosmetic (different in the case of kubrow armour) since it gives people more choice on how they want their frame to look and will be different from the other thousand (I know most likely loads more) players running the same frame. 

New colour pickers are nice to help people to get their specific shade of colour that they want as some times people can't find the shade of colour they like, purple for example. 

Warframe and weapon attachments are nice as it diversify's the looks of the frame and weapons, maybe going foreward with could have armour that's bigger and looks more like it would be used as real armour (just one set maybe), syandanas are lovely but could we have cloaks similar to one shown as the fan concept on the most recent prime time to give a more ninja feel with the hood, face partially masked and full length cloak. For the weapons attachments maybe have some bigger on the end or in different locations on the weapon.

Skins: 

I would really like to see more skins that change the model of the warframe, even if slightly, like the proto skin did for excalibur to give people different options. Still even if there are more skins like the immortal skins, it would be awesome as it allows us to make our warframe more unique to us rather than being the same as other warframes out there.

Sentinel cosmetics:

Nice wouldn't mind seeing more of them as they lets us make the sentinel more of our own one. A thought it seems that while all the other sentinel cosmetic have a bundle pack, the para sentinel attachments, do not have a bundle, maybe something to add in?

Kubrow cosmetic:

Yes please wouldn't mind being able to put some cosmetic armour onto my kubrow. Or any other cosmetics like different types of collars, more fur patterns and colours (comes under skins and colours I know but its to do with kubrows so I put them here).

Log in rewards simply need a rework, the only things worth getting is the plat discounts and the forma the can drop from it. The xp and credits are nice and all but when you've basically fully levelled up on log in its a waste and when you've pretty much levelled all the weapons and warframes you can in the game credits and xp aren't really needed.

Nekros:

Most people regard Nekros as the farming frame, and basically all you are asked/ supposed to do when playing Nekros is to spam 3 to get more loot and life support. The other abilities are considered by many people to be useless and not worth using since other frames can do similar and much better. So DE should consider at least reworking all of this other abilities, maybe even desecrate to make it less of a spam 3 frame and into its theme of death and playing with the souls of his enemies.  

Also any chance of reworking life support drops and modules since in T4 survival, people are saying that you can't really get past 10-15 minutes without having a nekros since the life support does not drop enough. Also I've seen people say that even out the alert missions where you have to survival for 10 minutes and people no being able to finish the 10 minutes as they can't get enough life support.

Prime Access:

Any news about any changes that might be coming with the prime access, like the changes to the accessory pack that players have been asking about. Also why has the amount of platinum gained been reduced from 4300 to 3990?

Edited by NovusNova

What suggestions do you think would improve the Login Reward system?

Oh god. This needs some work. I think that it should check and see what you have in your inventory, and if your stuff is maxed out or not. It's sad to see when I return to the game and just get my 50000th Glaive BP. I think the rewards themselves should also be better the more frequently you log in.

Should there be rewards for completing mastery ranks?

Yes. Why not make some syandana/armors that you are given each time you rank up? The higher it goes, the fancier it gets.

Should Mastery Rank influence more things in game?

I think it should influence what planets you can visit, regardless if you have the nav segment.

What do you like least in an event?

Ehh. This one is tough to answer. The last one was alright, up until you got to Ceres. Then it just turned into something awful. I know that some players went above and beyond there but, I know I couldn't. Let alone the mediocre reward for the suffering you had to endure. I'm not sure how you're supposed to take down two Grineer sisters that fly around, with a weak spot on their back, while you get swarmed by other Grineer, while you have 70/90 health and shields. I know some could do it, I'm not one of those though. 

Doing the same thing over and over can make it feel like a chore too. I feel like you guys did a good job with the Gate Crash and having the caches. The caches helped spice things up a bit. However, they made good teamwork hard to come by as people would stray off to find them and not help with the sisters.

In your opinion, are you more concerned about Mod Drop Tables or Prime Gear Parts?

I voted Prime Gear parts but, it's basically both. I'll use my experience from last night. I was doing a few T4 defense runs. It got harder and harder, more rewarding- kinda. I got around 3-4 Gemini Crosses, I don't know how many Pull's I got, and a buttload of Fatal Attractions. Someone in the party last night said, and sorry I do not remember your name, "Wouldn't it be cool if the drop got removed from the table once you saw it?"

I agreed with them on that. I reallllly don't wanna keep doing missions and getting the same rewards over and over. I know that this would make it a lot easier with some parts but, it will force the player to continue and face harder enemies. Not just leave at X time and restart the mission.

Edited by blazingcobalt

Hoooooooly crap, a hot-topics that I can actually get highly invested in.

First, I'd like to bring up that it would be really nice if you guys could standardize cosmetic pricing. Seriously. Why is the latest, greatest stuff always 10-15 plat more expensive than the less recent greatest stuff? I'd like to be able to always expect to pay a certain amount for say, a Syandana, rather than weigh my options. What is the likelihood of another syandana coming out in a month or so that happens to look cooler to me and be priced cheaper? It's a small thing, but it works well with the Color-Pickers, so why not attachments as well? 

Second, why is the function of Mastery rank even up for discussion right now? I appreciate that you guys want to take community opinions into account, and that's a good thing, but you said a while ago that you wanted it to serve as a sort of measurement for a tiering system. Higher-level mastery weapons are objectively more powerful than lower-level stuff. That's great, but it makes zero sense when stuff like the Boltor Prime is MR2 and the max is 30. Seriously, just spend a week and re-assign mastery values. Also, I'd like to suggest rebalancing the required mastery points for reaching MR30. The idea being that you make it so that people can reach max mastery rank with the weapons available to them, and you can use that as a gauge for implementing balance in accordance with a tiering system. We need it. We need it desperately. Once that is in place, balance can be adjusted around a finite maximum power threshold, and a minimum power threshold. Then you can start filling in the gaps so that people aren't shoehorned into using things like launchers or the Boltor if they want to remain effective. Please, just get it done! 

Third, YES. A Nekros rework is coming. I love it. He's my favorite Warframe aesthetically, but it's a huge drag to play him because it mostly amounts to mashing 3. Soul Punch needs a rework. It's useful, but has absolutely nothing to do with his other abilities. Terrify needs a re-work. It's not strong enough to justify a target cap for such an unreliable CC ability. Desecrate needs a rework. It needs to be more efficient. Shadows of the Dead could use a re-work. It's not terrible, but it could be much better

My suggestions:

Terrify: Turn it into a persistent AOE centered on Nekros the same way Banshee's Silence works. This makes it more consistently useful, as well as making Nekros himself the object of terror to enemies, rather than simply giving him the ability to say "boo" and make a few people run around for a few seconds.

Desecrate: Just remove its ability to fail. One desecration per group of corpses. Suddenly, there's a lot less 3-mashing to do. Guarantee health, ammo, or energy, with a slightly lower chance for a loot re-roll (mods, resources, etc.) 

Shadows of the Dead: Turn it into a toggle. Clones persist while the ability is active, and enemies killed within range of an active Nekros are immediately raised as Shadows. Turning it off causes existing Shadows to perish. 

Not exactly sure what should be done with Soul Punch, but PLEASE seriously consider adjusting Nekros' other abilities to fit somewhere along these lines. I'd like for him to actually feel like a terror-inducing necromancer. 

Mastery Rank:
Many players are quick to note that after a certain point, Mastery Rank is just about status. Rollerlane has an interesting thread (link below) that suggests rewards for achieving certain ranks. Do you think Mastery Ranks should come with rewards? Do you think Mastery Rank should be tied to more things ingame? See what your fellow players think in the above polls. 

A thing to remember-

Mastery is gained primarily from leveling a large variety of different weapons and frames which does not truly represent a players time investment or skill in the game. As some folks might simply like to focus on certain frames and weapons and not level others.

The mastery system is a double edged sword.

Too little gain from it and it feels superfluous, like all the time that went it to building it didn't really matter.

Too much gain and it will feel essential, meaning players will feel almost "forced" to rank up frames and weapons they have no interest in using.

It is key that we do not focus too much on just one side of that issue or i t could very well alienate a sizable portion of players.

That in mind my basic suggestion is to look for mastery based rewards that are relevant and interesting yet ways that cannot be perceived as essential or more powerful. Things along the lines of cosmetics and titles are the most obvious ways to go with though I imagine there are other things as well.

Edited by Ronyn

What do you like least in a event?

Excessive grind like that trash called Cicero Crisis. This sounds harsh, but was the worst event I've ever saw in a online game. Cryotic Front was THE step in the right direction: considerably hard if you don't spam RB, new mechanic/mode, fun and objective. 

After a point the XP is worthless, replacing it with cash would be helpful. Consider adding some of those harder to farm materials too.... gallium and neurodes to start.

Mastrey Rank:

No rewards. MR really has NO hold on a players actual in game skill, so to continue to reward grinding for grinding...no thanks. Much of the stuff you do on a timed phase in the tests don't get done in the game, or you have choice not to do so. 

Nekros:

Desecrate:

I've been playing Brother Pinkros (yeah, he's Terrifying for many reasons) for a while now to do some down home farming and all. I love the desecrate, I sacrifice that moment of NOT fighting back to get some shopping done for the team. Most the time it's ammo/health/energy which is great. Means we can stay alive longer. It's nice to have that ONE more slight chance of getting something better to help the grind. It's not OP at all considering the drop rates from that second chance are just as good as the first.

Suggestion:

I don't think I'd change it much. Agree with a post above, have a guarantee of health/energy/ammo with one sweep. Saves time and energy.

Shadows of the Dead:

Provides a good distraction. Would be nice if they were more ghost like and the player could see/pass through them so they don't get in the way. 

Suggestion:

Lower number of shadows, buff those that do show up. I'd rather have 2-3 powerful shadows than a bunch of cannon fodder.

Terrify:

I've come to LOVE this one. Nekros is awfully squishy, has no defensive skills. The closest he has is Terrify and has gotten him out of a few close binds by having the enemies run one way and he runs another. Buys time to recover. Sorry peeps that don't like the enemies running, they'll come back and I'll live to keep giving you early Christmas presents.

Suggestion:

Have Nekros take a misty, ghostly form. When he's in the form (duration based) enemies around him freeze with fear (ghosts are scary and all), they stand shaking as long as he is there and a few seconds after he leaves. Would be like a shield. While scared he can attack his target, or clear a path and get out of there.

Soul Punch:

Needs help. Not only does it have to be accurate in aim, it doesn't do much to anything but one enemy. 

Suggestion:

If you have to be that precise to hit the target, at least let the soul exploding out of the body have an AoE damage to enemies surrounding the target. Or maybe have it poison them, or slow them down since death is a chilly thing.

Events:

YES. new locations and gameplay are a good edition. Eventually I think a few should stick and become a permanent part of a node. Getting tired of the static few we have. If we could have no more than 2 nodes of the same mission (add some nodes to planets to keep even) that'd spice things up.

Not much is needed to say about Lore outside of YES, MORE. Get the game world flushed out and get some good solid reasoning behind what we're doing. Talk more of the Tenno history, not specifically the Tenno we're playing but just overall, where they started. More depth about their past and what put them to sleep. Since there's thousands of Tenno out there, a history on them and how they came to be would be awesome. Same with the other races. Deeper history brings us into the world. Uncovering it through missions would be best. Get a solid quest system in there, that'd help.

Mod Drops Vs Prime Drops:

I don't need Warframe abilities to drop and get me all excited to see something rare. When I play higher levels, I usually want weapons or those harder to get resources.

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

Matchmaking should be more mastery rank focused. I don't see why newbies would like to play with ''pros'' only to get their kills stolen. Veterans also dislike seeing noobs in their PUG games. Newbies learn from each others, they won't learn anything when they have to leech most of the games with veteran in them.

I disagree on this. Personally, I (MR14, ~1200h according to Steam) have no problem with new players in my team, I like to give them advice and teach them tricks that I had to figure out myself (granted, sometimes this might be just by showing off and waiting for someone to ask "how did you do this?"). So if Mastery were a factor for matchmaking, we should have a mentoring option that disables it.

Edited by Bibliothekar

As far as events go, I liked Gradivus the most because for once there was an actual concrete motivation for the player base beyond loot. Most other events, it's generally hard to contextualize the lore/background based consequences there will be. Like, the corpus making the fusion moa army? Tenno cut through fusion moas like chainsaws through a corn field to begin with. It was hard to feel particularly threatened by them. Same to most of the other events. Gradivus, however, gave us as Tenno a concrete reason to participate - Had to save our fellow Tenno from Alad V's surgical lasers! (Or, for those who supported Corpus, have to stop the Grineer from getting even stronger! Though to be fair this particular motivation rang kind of hollow for the same reasons the fusion moas, formorians, and most other events did - Tenno feel like we can press 4 for pwnage faster than Grineer can make clones or Corpus can make robots.)

As a player, I'm generally big on lore to give context to my actions, and I would like to see more lore come to the fore.

What I've disliked about most events is the grind. That is to say, doing the same mission over and over. I'd much rather do a chain of ten or twenty missions with different objectives, enemies, and tilesets than one specific mission twenty times. Slingstone was pretty decent for this - you started out beating up infested then moved on to grineer once you had the corruptors. Both cryotic front and gate crash were good for this too, but I'd like to see more varied missions and enemy factions in the events.

For login rewards, I would suggest removing XP from the table entirely and instead offer, say, 1-2 hour affinity boosters. As it stands, right now there's very little incentive to actually play once you've gotten your login reward for the day. A short duration booster would encourage players to drop a few games when they login instead of logging in then logging out once they know they got yet more useless suit XP for a maxed warframe. Plus, this would let players actually level what they want instead of getting frustrated at sentinel XP for a maxed out dethcube.

But yeah, login rewards need to be more rewarding. Generally the only time I'm at all happy with them is when I get something of value - Forma/potatos/keys. Perhaps put certain resources like oxium or cells or argon into the loot table, stuff players always use. There's few things more demoralizing than getting crap you don't want and can't use.

For mastery, I'm in the camp that wants there to be much more influence of mastery on the game. More things (Boltor Prime especially) need to be locked behind higher mastery ranks, and there needs to be more reason to get above MR8, because right now the only reason to go above that beyond an extra extractor or two is personal ego. There's a lot of people who just stop at MR8 because there's no reason to go higher, which means a lot of weapons are going unused.

For the drop tables, I voted for void tables but in all honesty I think they're both of equal importance, and are both equally problematic. Prior to the back to school alerts, I hadn't seen either crimson dervish *or* gleaming talon, and I'd been trying for them since melee 2.0 dropped. This is a problem, because those mods make a major difference to how "fun" certain weapons are. I still haven't seen the rare staff stance either. :(

I think one solution would be to make it so there's more ways than what we have to acquire such mods. Right now we've got enemy drops and transmutation. Adding them to alerts and perhaps quests as well, giving players more opportunity to acquire them, might take away the sting of the RNG. (Transmutation being highly frustrating - I've lost count of the number of times I've put in 4 rares and gotten garbage like fast hands. It's why I almost never actually transmute.)

The void tables just get pretty frustrating when you burn through fifteen keys - representing hours and hours of accumulated farming time - just to get another key or, rarely, a part you don't want. It's especially nasty for items that only drop from the 20 minute rotation on survival because then you're out 20 minutes + the farming time, with probably nothing valuable to show for it.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

Mastery Rank should be defined: It isn't a scale of your power (that's conclave), but rather your expertise. High mastery players with low conclave should have the option to aid new players, whereas a higher conclave would limit you to higher-conclave raids.

I would like to suggest that mastery ranks also unlock exclusive cosmetics, remnants of the Orokin elite. 

My main point : Mastery should affect more things in game, but not who you go into a mission with. Conclave should be used for that, whereas Mastery would unlock lore, cosmetics, etc...since it is a scale of expertise, not power.

I also chose the Gradivus Dilemma as my favorite event, because it made the Solar system feel alive. Even after the event ended, it introduced the invasion game mechanic, bringing Warframe's universe to life...real fleets, interacting tactically. Badass.

Edited by (PS4)NearlyDedicated

Hmm. I'm not sure linking several Nekros threads is going to help keep suggestions organized. Maybe it would be best to create on central Nekros rework thread in the frame subforums?

Soul Punch's bowling pin knockdown, while amusing, is unreliable. I'd rather see it get turned into a momentary stun that afflicts a debuff on the enemy and any nearby enemies close to the target. When killed, debuffed targets would immediately be resurrected as Shadows. To prevent clogging up the map with entities, only a certain number of Shadows could be active at a time.

Terrify needs to not speed up enemies as they're running away if it is to become a useful CC tool. Remove the target limit and afflict enemies in range with a slow/snare on cast and then we have a solid disable.

Desecrate should become a persistent aura that always loots nearby corpses. Maybe give it the ol' toggle to keep it balanced, though therein lies a problem of running Equilibrium and running through health orbs to keep the skill going. Or we could turn it back into a life drain like it was before it became a looting skill?

I can see Shadows becoming more useful in several ways:

– Tweak the AI to be more aggressive when summoning non-melee units

– Allow gunfire to pass through the shadows

– Give Nekros the ability to mass teleport his army to him by pressing 4, with a small energy cost. This allows the player to keep his zoo by his side, since they currently don't follow around Nekros too well.

– A drastic change would be to remove the minions entirely and to replace them with a swirling cloud of "spirits" that follows Nekros around. These spirits would seek out and possess/haunt nearby enemies, stunning or confusing them for as long as they are possessed.

Oh dear, Desecrate is by far the least popular choice in that poll as I post this. People are entitled to their own opinions, of course, but I do wonder if people realize that keeping Desecrate as it is would keep Nekros locked in his looting role.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

We need Kubrow Cosmetics!

And Baron Samedi is fine. He was built to have a specific utility and he does that perfectly. If you are going to excuse changes by saying people are talking about it you might as well then turn every single frame into a nuker because that pretty much what these threads are about. The old tired and silly excuse of, "Why should i use this when this other thing is better."

Edited by Mak_Gohae

Oh dear, Desecrate is by far the least popular choice in that poll as I post this. People are entitled to their own opinions, of course, but I do wonder if people realize that keeping Desecrate as it is would keep Nekros locked in his looting role.

If he had worthwhile OTHER skills, he might not be afraid to use them as he feels necessary. If the Greedy Tenno don't appreciate him being able to help save their sorry butts every now and then, then they don't get goodies. :)

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

On the other hand, making Nekros' other abilities not suck would allow him to fulfill other roles as well, making him more valuable to a team as something other than just a loot dispenser.