Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Snipetron vandal needs a rework

JohnnyMeta

3 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

And yet, my Riven-less Lanka constantly blows my Riven'd Snipetron V out of the water. 

You mean your Lanka that's an MR10 with more growth potential, is generally more powerful than the MR5 Snipetron Vandal????? Are you serious???  Well then.... that IS surprising... you sure showed me....  Next you're going to be telling me that the Soma is superior to the MK.I Braton and I'm not sure I'm ready for those kinds of revelations.

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

5 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Yet you neglect the simple fact that Vulkar is impact based and Snipetron is puncture. Just that makes Snipetron a better choice than Vulkar.

Impact is just a bad main stat to have.

IPS doesn't matter when your damage is so damn high, it basically dissapears

Edited by Fluxinated

55 minutes ago, Erytroxylin said:

I dunno, pretty sure the Lanka is just about only used for Eidolons. It's projectile, charge, and sniper nature make it garbage for anything else.

thats due to its sniper nature not fitting very well the regular horde-shooter gameplay. the same can be said of any sniper and bow.

imho lanka packs an already good punch on its own and modding it correctly makes it kinda fitting for almost any gameplay situation without losing its great damage.
want a faster charge? slap vile acceleration and youre good
want to do pretty decent aoe? mod for gas and status. you can do that aswell.
also it already has immense punch through and damage
honestly "garbage" isnt the world i would use to describe the Lanka

Imho other snipers are much less versatile and you can just pile on them more and more damage, lanka due to its statline can definitely adapt much better if modded accordingly and high riven disposition just improves that too much over other snipers.
Also with its base element and big damage its just too far ahead od any other weapon against eidolons. I mean being the top weapon for something doesnt make it a problem, but being overall a very good sniper already does that.

I think in no way lanka should be nerfed, just its riven disposition so other snipers with slightly better rivens can compete with it,
and dont think 2/5 rivens would be bad. a decent one alone could easily double its damage output and a god one can almost make it 3x.

All the above still agreing with OP that snipetron could use a slight base buff, it doesnt need much to be on par with other snipers.
im not a fan of nerfs overall, i just aknowledge that snipers in warframe are flawed at their core but still if one is just straight better for the only thing the weapon class is good for it should be looked at.

what If I told you that the Lanka and the snipertron vandal have the same base damage of 200 and the Lanka has less base crit and the same crit multi.  the Lanka is good because the scope buff is additive Crit Chance and it is pure elemental damage (better for status procs).  

also, it is ill-suited for use outside of Mag, anti corpus, and eidolons unlike the vectic/Rubico which are good in all content

Edited by spirit_of_76

3 hours ago, peterc3 said:

By what measure?

By basically all of them. I kill Eidolons in about one tenth of the total shots, I deal more damage to endless mission Bombards and Heavy Gunners, I kill more enemies faster even, I kill bosses faster in sorties, the Snipetron V just doesn't stack up to the Lanka even when the Lanka is using fewer mods

And for the record the Riven is +180% damage +130% Crit damage

1 hour ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

You mean your Lanka that's an MR10 with more growth potential, is generally more powerful than the MR5 Snipetron Vandal????? Are you serious???  Well then.... that IS surprising... you sure showed me....  Next you're going to be telling me that the Soma is superior to the MK.I Braton and I'm not sure I'm ready for those kinds of revelations.

Oh is that what DE did? I confess I forgot the exact details of the last primary weapon rework

In that case lemme re-evaluate my stance on the matter: I think the Snipetron Normal should be buffed up to the current Snipetron V's position, and buff the Snipetron V a bit, to like the MR8 bracket or something. Lanka can stay where it is, it probably should have the best single-shot damage potential in the game, I just think the Snipetron V should have more of that pie too

1 hour ago, spirit_of_76 said:

what If I told you that the Lanka and the snipertron vandal have the same base damage of 200 and the Lanka has less base crit and the same crit multi.  the Lanka is good because the scope buff is additive Crit Chance and it is pure elemental damage (better for status procs).  

also, it is ill-suited for use outside of Mag, anti corpus, and eidolons unlike the vectic/Rubico which are good in all content

Yeah Lanka is lovely on Mag especially on assassination sorties. But I have to ask.

What exactly makes it Anti-Corpus? A high corrosive or radiation Lanka poops on corpus and grineer just the same. Not that I'd bring a sniper to a mission unless it was a sniper only sortie or possibly an assassination since there are always better choices than sniper rifles.

13 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Yeah Lanka is lovely on Mag especially on assassination sorties. But I have to ask.

What exactly makes it Anti-Corpus? A high corrosive or radiation Lanka poops on corpus and grineer just the same. Not that I'd bring a sniper to a mission unless it was a sniper only sortie or possibly an assassination since there are always better choices than sniper rifles.

I think its because you can mod it for Gas/Electricity.

Gas/Electric procs of a Lanka? It hurts groups. And the toxin damage ticks afterwards also hurt.

2 hours ago, spirit_of_76 said:

That's true only if the Lanka is uncharged. Charged Lanka deals base damage of 525 which is 2.5x of Snipetron Vandal.

ok then why does the wiki use the uncharged stats

37 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

That's true only if the Lanka is uncharged. Charged Lanka deals base damage of 525 which is 2.5x of Snipetron Vandal.

That makes sense I was wondering why the rubico was doing better than the Lanka in my charts

Edited by spirit_of_76

Just ran a test with my lanka and my snipetron vandal. My lanka lacks one mod as I'm too lazy to forma it one more time, but my snipetron has been forma'd to for a riven on it. Its riven is okay to say the least 46.4% ammo max 111.6%CD, 131.5%CC. Against lvl 50 Heavy gunners my snipetron was consistently hitting at or above lanka shots. Adding that one mod may push it further along but as of right now it's in a good position for me. If it does get a buff I'm all for it, but the riven gonna need to be toned down.

Just because a weapon isn't the best, or maybe is even the worst (read: least good, as no weapon is "bad"), doesn't mean it needs to be made better.  SOMEONE has to take last place in a race, every time.  Doesn't make 'em bad...just not the best, and that's okay.  Jeez

That being said, I have a Snipetron Vandal, and I have a Lanka.  Both are fine.  I've got over 1100 hrs in the game, in-mission, and I've yet to find a weapon that is "useless" when properly modded.

On 2018-09-05 at 12:47 PM, failedtodiet said:

Unless you can see though walls, 3m punch though for a sniper rifle in this game is next to useless.

But tbh, i'll be satisfied if DE let Snipetron Vandal has some niche like improved hip fire accuracy or bouncy bullets. The stats can stay mediocre.

the bouncy bullets idea is extremely intriguing...  Now I already use the snipetrons a lot (love the sound and its all around good) but having tetra-esque bouncing particles would be AWESOME. Although it would be hard to pull off without making the bullet a projectile, and they probably wont do that because it would be even closer to the Lanka in terms of appearance

Edited by Aleksundar