The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma prime leak

TheIronside100

Meh, he doesn't look that impressive to me. He seems to have the same body type as Hydroid Prime, in which one colour palette basically covers the entire frame, which in terms of fashion is horrible. I've never personally liked Chroma anyhow, since only two of his abilities are truly useful and the others are just gimmicks. Hope he gets a decent rework.

Until then, he'll just sit on my back-shelf.

Edited by (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01

19 hours ago, xcenic said:

Why nobody talking about this?

looks like also have a rework with the effigy.

https://imgur.com/a/inigOdb

What rework? its exactly the same as it is now, if it was reworked, it would have been displayed on normal Chroma as well. The reason we have these leaks is because DE has to add them to console early since they cant update on demand, hence why all the leaks are on console. Currently, Chroma prime only has updated stats, and since I still have a genuine belief they don't really care for the fat dragon, a rework hell even a buff is extremely unlikely. now a NERF, DE has no problem handing out those.

Chroma Prime has been teased in the recent devstream and I have been waiting almost two years now to see him come to life. However this, the moment I have been waiting for has been a catastrophe. You, yes you reader, most likely do not play Chroma right. Well, you can play him how you want but most of you are blindly following people's idea of what to use for Chroma and it has blinded you to the truth. So let's address the first thing; Why do I know Chroma Prime is only 1% better than his non-Prime variant? Damage reduction. Chroma lives and breaths as a Warframe taking and dishing out huge damage. Why 1%? Well before that let's look at numbers. Currently armor values have a diminishing return the higher you go. That means the higher your armor the more damage reduction you gain by a percent that lowers with more armor over time. Chart explaining that is as follows;

latest?cb=20141112174415

This means that the more armor you get the harder it is to get more damage reduction. Why is this important? Because Chroma can easily surpass the 90% damage reduction with his third ability Vex Armor with any energy color. Any additional armor regardless of number means closer to, you guessed it, 1% at certain variables. This is relevant because Chroma only gained Armor and Energy in his Prime variant, which means again little closer to 1%.

Lets grab some math here. I am currently using 214% Ability Strength, 735 Armor and 960 HP with the HEAT energy color. This means with Vex Armor and Elemental Ward I gain 428 HP, 7.49x armor and 5.88x damage with weapons. This means my total overall value in armor with buffs is 5505 armor which means 94.83% damage reduction. Using the same mod setup with Chroma Prime the armor would amount to 6684, which sounds great right? However the damage reduction would be 95.7% Yup. A whole >1% damage reduction difference. Now we can talk about using ICE energy color being "better" as I am sure most people have heard this lie.

Let's use the same math; non-Prime Chroma would be 735 + 321 with the elemental ward armor times 7.49 to amount to 7909 armor. This means a damage reduction of 96.34% which means when you, yes YOU, use ICE instead of fire for energy color you are only gaining 1.51% damage reduction. To some people that might be enough, I however disagree. When using HEAT you gain health based on your max health, hence 428 with HEAT on my non-Primed Chroma. So let's ask it this way, would you want a Chroma at 960 HP and 96.34% damage reduction or a Chroma at 1388 HP and 94.83% damage reduction?
This is why it is
extremely relevant to ask why DE thought adding Armor was needed for Chroma Prime!

I've been waiting a long time to see Chroma Prime come into the game. I knew he was coming soon after Limbo Prime and put money aside to have him be my first Prime to be bought instead of buying for plat. I do not think, as of now, he is worth the investment as it stands. If any of this seems wrong to you, SPEAK OUT. Demand to see what DE thinks about this, ask these questions. We can ask them (nicely please) to change this before it goes live. I will not be able to do this alone, if you are like me and want to pay for the Chroma Prime we have been waiting for for years, deserving of a true Primed Warframe then we must speak out and be heard.

Thanks for reading hope you gained something from it.
-Inspector

Well, sure, but... try EHP calculations. Those "diminishing returns" don't actually diminish in practice. Also, fun fact: 95% DR gives you exactly twice as much EHP as 90% DR. Given 1k HP, 90% DR gives 10k EHP, while 95% DR gives you 20k EHP.

EDIT: Also, pretty sure the PSA tag is for staff and admins only, and it's only available for us to use because this forum is not very well designed.

EDIT 2: Also, Vex Armor is additive, not multiplicative. So with 214% strength, non-Prime Chroma is getting exactly 2,621.5 armor from Vex Armor's Scorn buff once you've maxed it out. This number does not change with Steel Fiber, because it stacks additively. Meaning your total armor with maxed Scorn and Steel Fiber is 3,356.5 with regular Chroma. 1 (base) + 1.1 (Steel Fiber) + 7.49 (Scorn) = 9.59 times the base of 350 = 3,356.5.

Honestly not sure how the game handles that .5 though.

Edited by AgentSkye

The problem with armor is that at some point (imo its 1,5k = about 85% dmg reduction) u need a lot more to gain a little

Going from 0 to 1,5k gives u 85% reduction and from 1,5k to 3k additiona 5%

That is why its not always best to focus on armor so much

He also gains 200 base energy for up to a possible total of 880 energy pool. I know a lot of people take Ice and just use him to tank and would probably avoid using Effigy but I personally am very happy with the stats. I also understand DE doesn't want to overdo the Damage Reduction, especially with Ice being so popular, since it'd trivialize content.

I won't complain about having another buff though but... I think he's very worthy of being a Prime.

11 minutes ago, Raskolnikow said:

The problem with armor is that at some point (imo its 1,5k = about 85% dmg reduction) u need a lot more to gain a little

Going from 0 to 1,5k gives u 85% reduction and from 1,5k to 3k additiona 5%

That is why its not always best to focus on armor so much

In terms of damage reduction, yes, but not in terms of EHP.

Use EHP numbers and you'll see that every point of armor will always have the same effect no matter how much you have total. There are no diminishing returns; every point of armor gives +0.333% (repeating) HP multiplicative.

The real reason it's not always best to focus on armor is because of damage types. Puncture, for example, is pretty common and ignores 50% of our armor on top of doing 1.5x its raw damage. So armor-based EHP tends to evaporate if enemies are using inconvenient damage types.

Edited by AgentSkye
Fixed a derp.

54 minutes ago, Inspector said:
Chroma Prime has been teased in the recent devstream and I have been waiting almost two years now to see him come to life. However this, the moment I have been waiting for has been a catastrophe. You, yes you reader, most likely do not play Chroma right. Well, you can play him how you want but most of you are blindly following people's idea of what to use for Chroma and it has blinded you to the truth. So let's address the first thing; Why do I know Chroma Prime is only 1% better than his non-Prime variant? Damage reduction. Chroma lives and breaths as a Warframe taking and dishing out huge damage. Why 1%? Well before that let's look at numbers. Currently armor values have a diminishing return the higher you go. That means the higher your armor the more damage reduction you gain by a percent that lowers with more armor over time. Chart explaining that is as follows;

latest?cb=20141112174415

This means that the more armor you get the harder it is to get more damage reduction. Why is this important? Because Chroma can easily surpass the 90% damage reduction with his third ability Vex Armor with any energy color. Any additional armor regardless of number means closer to, you guessed it, 1% at certain variables. This is relevant because Chroma only gained Armor and Energy in his Prime variant, which means again little closer to 1%.

Lets grab some math here. I am currently using 214% Ability Strength, 735 Armor and 960 HP with the HEAT energy color. This means with Vex Armor and Elemental Ward I gain 428 HP, 7.49x armor and 5.88x damage with weapons. This means my total overall value in armor with buffs is 5505 armor which means 94.83% damage reduction. Using the same mod setup with Chroma Prime the armor would amount to 6684, which sounds great right? However the damage reduction would be 95.7% Yup. A whole >1% damage reduction difference. Now we can talk about using ICE energy color being "better" as I am sure most people have heard this lie.

Let's use the same math; non-Prime Chroma would be 735 + 321 with the elemental ward armor times 7.49 to amount to 7909 armor. This means a damage reduction of 96.34% which means when you, yes YOU, use ICE instead of fire for energy color you are only gaining 1.51% damage reduction. To some people that might be enough, I however disagree. When using HEAT you gain health based on your max health, hence 428 with HEAT on my non-Primed Chroma. So let's ask it this way, would you want a Chroma at 960 HP and 96.34% damage reduction or a Chroma at 1388 HP and 94.83% damage reduction?
This is why it is
extremely relevant to ask why DE thought adding Armor was needed for Chroma Prime!

I've been waiting a long time to see Chroma Prime come into the game. I knew he was coming soon after Limbo Prime and put money aside to have him be my first Prime to be bought instead of buying for plat. I do not think, as of now, he is worth the investment as it stands. If any of this seems wrong to you, SPEAK OUT. Demand to see what DE thinks about this, ask these questions. We can ask them (nicely please) to change this before it goes live. I will not be able to do this alone, if you are like me and want to pay for the Chroma Prime we have been waiting for for years, deserving of a true Primed Warframe then we must speak out and be heard.

Thanks for reading hope you gained something from it.
-Inspector

Primes were never meant to be significantly better than their normal counterparts. While Chroma himself needs a buff, the stats for Chroma Prime do not. Just look at the earlier Primed and they’re all 1% better. Also, you fail to realize that he will probably get an energy boost too. This means he can keep up his Vex Armor and Elemental Ward much longer than before. Not even Limbo got a significant buff to him with his prime because he doesn’t need it.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

Primes were never meant to be significantly better than their normal counterparts. While Chroma himself needs a buff, the stats for Chroma Prime do not. Just look at the earlier Primed and they’re all 1% better. Also, you fail to realize that he will probably get an energy boost too. This means he can keep up his Vex Armor and Elemental Ward much longer than before. Not even Limbo got a significant buff to him with his prime because he doesn’t need it.

Plus, higher base armor means his abilities do more because they increase his armor by a % of the base. Which makes him one of only 2 (I think) Primes which have more powerful abilities than the regular frame. The other being Rhino, whose Iron Skin uses the total modded armor in calculations. The Prime has more armor, so therefore the Prime's Iron Skin is tougher.

Edited by AgentSkye