Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Things you learned the HARD way in Warframe

(XBOX)DShinShoryuken

Greetings to those who meet me here to talk

I remember when I got Undying Will and Provoked. I tried them out together thinking this will be a couple combo. 

I went into a mission and let myself get downed....and I died. I was disappointed in this cool looking combo....until I realized that I had to have a squadmate in the Squad to let them activate. 

Anyone else have learning fumbles from their time in WARFRAME? if you do, list em here to see.

Godspeed

1) Never buy things on Tenogen when you are bored, you will most likely buy on impulse.

Right now I have the Chroma Vojnik Skin, this skin is no longer useful, specially with Chroma Deluxe & now the resent Prime looking way much better and finally Excalibro Vespula skin this is the worst, cause I NEVER PLAY EXCALIBRO. Still don't know how did I even bother to buy it (I guess I was really bored that day).

I almost forgot that I also got Limbo Vistyxio Skin, sure I love Limbo but the colors on this skin and the oversized face (not the hat, the hat is fine) kill it for me. Sure I am using it just to say to my self I didn't wasted money on this...

Seriously this is my regret & learned it the hard way.

2) Thinking ONCE that Riven mods are a fine addition to the game.

Never again, screw the Riven RNG Bs.

3) Rushing a warframe build in the foundry with plat ONCE.

4) Telling people to G37 G00D & Nezha it's a Trap on the Foru..

banned1-600x300.png

Define “learning things the hard way”?

Is it simply like i’ve sold a thing only to realize that i can get a lot more later... or stuff like i spend hours to learn how to do things.

If i say that i completed the solar map mostly solo, is that learning things the hard way? Because i did. the only type of mission that i did with others back then were interceptions because i didn’t know how the mission work and how to done it solo back then. I did missions almost without using any info from the wiki and i don’t watch any youtube guide. The things that i learnt comes from repeated observation. I’ve learn how to kill bosses by trial and error (aka dying a lot). 

Making a solo clan and telling people that wanted to join that: "you dont need to worry about contributing, you can stay for the researchs if you want".

Now my clan is 5 months old and all my team (5 or 6 out of 10) are just people that never helped and might never leave.

And i will feel ashamed/guilty if i kick them for not helping even thought i said they didnt need to.

Selling bunches of weapons as soon as they were levelled when I was new, only to realize I needed them to build other weapons.

Selling cronus when I was new - only to realize getting it to drop again was an irritation of countless repitition that weapon doesnt deserve.

Buying paint with my starter plat.

I learnt the hard way that Warframe is all grind with no endgame, if that counts. (had some fun grinding though, plus i deliberately gimped myself by maining snipers, so i wasn't bored)

Got 2000-3000 or so hours on Steam and similar in game, too lazy to check the actual numbers.

3 hours ago, (PS4)chubbslawson said:

Never trust De  they have destroyed so many of my builds

I think the lesson here is 'Don't get super attached to builds, especially if they're unusually powerful'

It's kind of like saying don't trust WOTC because some cards end up disallowed in tournaments. 

Your problem is why I play this game. 

2 hours ago, FreeWilliam said:

I think the lesson here is 'Don't get super attached to builds, especially if they're unusually powerful'

It's kind of like saying don't trust WOTC because some cards end up disallowed in tournaments. 

Your problem is why I play this game. 

I know . After 4000 hrs in I’m used to it now  . I still think that it sucks though. I can’t stand my stuff to be messed with 

19 minutes ago, (PS4)chubbslawson said:

I know . After 4000 hrs in I’m used to it now  . I still think that it sucks though. I can’t stand my stuff to be messed with 

I'm losing channeling soon and I'm one of those Tenno that uses it constantly, so I totally get the feeling of loss.  

I think it's either you've got a single constantly growing game (Warframe, Magic) or a bunch of versions that aren't compatible with each other (EA games, etc.).  We're pretty much stuck embracing it and taking the bad with the good IMHO. 

At the earlier part of me playing this game with this account, i learned about fighting Raptor with low MR Weapons with barely any mods in it that good. That thing is a serious bullet sponge with weak beginner weapons (probably tankier than he is with nice Weapons at Sortie level.) and at Star Chart level. So fighting him later on instead of early is the better choice.

The last disappointment was when I tried Harrow's fourth ability covenant while shooting myself with well-modded Lenz. It just didn't count the self-damage.

Before that I tried to apply a radiation proc on myself with Kulstar, didn't work either. So much for clever use of game mechanics. 😞