[DE]Rebecca

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop Part 2!

moving those slots reward earlier would be much better.... a lot of player cringe the S#&$ out when they run out of slots and they need Platinum for them...

• Like 1

I say 100 plat at every 100 days, so if you're active for 100 days, you get 100 plat, 200p @ 200 days, 300p @ 300, etc. ūüėÄ

Edited by Mach25
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Wow so I'm really liking this new system. With actual rewards stopping at day 1000. This for me is kinda like catching up but without actually catching up. this is the kinda work that i like to see you guys do. But who needs slots at day 1000+? I'm sure maybe some small tweaks but you guys are heading in the right directions with this that's for sure. So I will never be inevitably behind on milestone rewards. i'll just have a little less resources but that's good. can't wait for the mainline update.

18 minutes ago, Mach25 said:

I say 100 plat at every 100 days, so if you're active for 100 days, you get 100 plat, 200p @ 200 days, 300p @ 300, etc. ūüėÄ

I already said this. That's 1000 at 1000 btw. If you cut it in half to where you get 500 by day 1000 - we may have better chances of seeing it become a thing. 

Just now, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

I already said this. That's 1000 at 1000 btw. If you cut it in half to where you get 500 by day 1000 - we may have better chances of seeing it become a thing. 

Was half-joking earlier, but didn't see your comment in there - I don't bother reading every single page in big threads like this.

Still, having some kind of plat reward in the game somewhere would be a good thing.

hace 3 horas, (PS4)Double991 dijo:

(The biggest complaint was people not wanting to be eternally behind when it came to earning unique items. This solves that.

Curios, as a PS4 player u will be eternally behind PC updates¬†ūüĎĆ

Just now, Drawer-san said:

Curios, as a PS4 player u will be eternally behind PC updates¬†ūüĎĆ

Yes, I get to benefit from less bugs and future knowledge to use in trade chat.

For the 1000+ the milestones are kinda ok besides the 3 forma and weapon slots and "6 Telurium", but looks that is going to be better

Man I've been looking forward to getting Sigma at 100 days (on PC) but now that won't be an option till 300 days.. Played on/off on PS4 since it released on console but switched to PC back in April because I finally was able to afford a PC. This login rework had me excited because I'm coming up on 100 days on PC and I was hoping to use Sigma and now I'll have to wait even longer.. 

On 2018-10-02 at 5:57 AM, --Q--Daddy said:

Who needs weapon slots at 1000+ days?

I do. I've got around 30 finished weapons sitting in my Foundry and like 1 free weapon slot right now. I take out new weapons when I'm bored, and I purchase slots when I need them and often first try to sell weapons I'm not going to keep. Getting 4 free weapon slots means on occasion I won't need to scrounge plat to try out waiting weapons. Besides, there will always be new weapons, so as far as rewards go it's something that'll never stop being relevant.

2 hours ago, Mach25 said:

having some kind of plat reward in the game somewhere would be a good thing.

Not gonna happen. Giving players premium currency in-game for free all but guarantees a bunch of people would try to exploit the system by creating multiple accounts solely for grinding out that premium currency. There's a reason plat can't be made freely from the game, and why Login Rewards strictly offer discounts on purchasing the stuff.

Why is there no form of catch up mechanic based on something like mastery? It's completely possible to have thousands of hours in game, and be max mastery but still years behind due to schedules. Why not have something like every 5-10 mastery levels adds another "day" to each daily tribute? So if you logged in as a mastery rank 5-10 it would count as 2 days. I don't know if it should also count for daily rewards, but at least towards milestones.

Edited by Sfger
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2018-10-02 at 7:52 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

1000 and beyond!

Starting at Day 1050, Evergreen reward choices will be rotated every 50 Days though the following options:

Evergreen Choices A (choose one):
3 x Forma
3 x Exilus Adapter
4 x Weapon Slots

Evergreen Choices B (choose one):
50,000 Kuva
7-day Boosters (Affinity, Credits, Resource)
30,000 Endo

Evergreen Choices C (choose one):
3 x Rifle Riven
3 x Melee Riven
3 x Secondary Riven

Evergreen A needs some work. It is unlikely you're going to need exilus adapters or slots at day 1050. A better option would probably be riven slots, kuva or endo. Things that would bring a little QoL after so many days grind.

~300 days away from evergreens, and now I'm actually excited for them. Drooling at that 50k kuva because I quickly get bored farming kuva survival. Giving it a hard cap is a good thing so that newer players won't be even more lagged behind. If the game is great for several more years which I'm hoping it will be, new players now will be able to get those unique rewards if they stick with the game. 

To those who are still complaining about the non-existent catch up (I saw a lot on Reddit), I think you are playing this game wrong if you can't stick with this for a few years. I see Warframe as a long-term game, a game where you are rewarded for sticking around, not a game where you can quickly catch back up only to leave it again. I login to do sorties and the login system is an extra bonus.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

Not gonna happen. Giving players premium currency in-game for free all but guarantees a bunch of people would try to exploit the system by creating multiple accounts solely for grinding out that premium currency. There's a reason plat can't be made freely from the game, and why Login Rewards strictly offer discounts on purchasing the stuff.

Interestingly, in the old login system (that didn't count total days logged in), free platinum (~20-50) + plat discount was one of those rare rewards for logging in every day for the past 7 days. When the current login system came out, they removed the free platinum.

hace 16 minutos, DeathshotSE dijo:

To those who are still complaining about the non-existent catch up (I saw a lot on Reddit), I think you are playing this game wrong if you can't stick with this for a few years. I see Warframe as a long-term game, a game where you are rewarded for sticking around, not a game where you can quickly catch back up only to leave it again. I login to do sorties and the login system is an extra bonus.

Actually, if they change the system to be able to choose a expecific path every 100 days or so, people will still need to login 1000 days to get everything, maybe even since they where able to get breaks or going in vacation.

Having a life is important.

Edited by Drawer-san
semantics
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Drawer-san said:

Actually, if they change the system to be able to choose a expecific path every 100 days or so, people will still need to login 1000 days to get everything, maybe even since they where able to get breaks or going in vacation.

Having a life is important.

Of course having a life is important. Priorities are different for every person though. If you want to invest some time every day to login so that you can inch your way towards a few items in a game, that is your decision. If you want to, but can't because life is more important to you, it is selfish to bend the game so that it better suits you without concern for others.

DE tries to cater to everyone (in a good or bad way), but they (probably) would not do so at their own expense. The login system may be design to give some players a goal. If they gave players the choice of any of the rewards, the players may reach their goal immediately, feel bored, then leave the game (loss of revenue in some form). Whatever we say, DE makes the final decision (whether you agree with it or not).

• Woah 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SenorClipClop said:

They could easily make it so that the plat can only be used to purchase items for the account it's on, or even have a special selection of items that use non-plat currency to get things that are normally only available with plat. It's not really going to be an exploitable feature if the items can't be gifted to other accounts.

hace 35 minutos, DeathshotSE dijo:

DE tries to cater to everyone (in a good or bad way), but they (probably) would not do so at their own expense. The login system may be design to give some players a goal. If they gave players the choice of any of the rewards, the players may reach their goal immediately, feel bored, then leave the game (loss of revenue in some form). Whatever we say, DE makes the final decision (whether you agree with it or not).

U are not reading yourself (or updates notes forum), people just login and then log out while waiting for updates/new content. They just dont want to loose the stupid and excessive 1k day goal.

hace 1 hora, DeathshotSE dijo:

Interestingly, in the old login system (that didn't count total days logged in), free platinum (~20-50) + plat discount was one of those rare rewards for logging in every day for the past 7 days. When the current login system came out, they removed the free platinum.

You write they dont do anything at their own expense so why u have the idea they will give plat?

In my part (i) at least play sorties and sometimes add simaris mission, just cus I need endo and dont have the time to farm for it. 

Give this task to Pablo. He's more capable/fair with reworks. People who played 1000 days have those things in tonnes which are listed, 

Very disappointed 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Drawer-san said:

You write they dont do anything at their own expense so why u have the idea they will give plat?

It isn't an idea. It is fact. They have given plat in the past. My comment was responding to a different person about DE giving plat for free.

I also said probably not at their own expense regarding the situation now. 2-3 years ago when they were NOT in the public eye, giving a few plat for logging in may have their strategy for keeping players playing and spreading the word about the game. Now, with the player-base so much bigger and so much more noticed, that may not be a strategy they can afford to use.

6 hours ago, OsmOne said:

moving those slots reward earlier would be much better.... a lot of player cringe the S#&$ out when they run out of slots and they need Platinum for them...

Yah, you should give out those things on early lvl. I wonder who worked on the daily tribute rework, certainly not thought out.

5 minutes ago, Darkmatt3r said:

Yah, you should give out those things on early lvl. I wonder who worked on the daily tribute rework, certainly not thought out.

I can always use some more slots, but I can understand that seeming underwhelming as far as flash for a player that sticks with the game for that long.

Would love if we could get the weapon slots for Rot A to something like: 6 Weapon Slots and 4 Warframe Slots. Because the 4 weapon slots seem pretty minimal for a reward just for 1,050 days and it could use some sort of boost.