Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop Part 2!

[DE]Rebecca

Man I've been looking forward to getting Sigma at 100 days (on PC) but now that won't be an option till 300 days.. Played on/off on PS4 since it released on console but switched to PC back in April because I finally was able to afford a PC. This login rework had me excited because I'm coming up on 100 days on PC and I was hoping to use Sigma and now I'll have to wait even longer.. 

On 2018-10-02 at 5:57 AM, --Q--Daddy said:

Who needs weapon slots at 1000+ days?

I do. I've got around 30 finished weapons sitting in my Foundry and like 1 free weapon slot right now. I take out new weapons when I'm bored, and I purchase slots when I need them and often first try to sell weapons I'm not going to keep. Getting 4 free weapon slots means on occasion I won't need to scrounge plat to try out waiting weapons. Besides, there will always be new weapons, so as far as rewards go it's something that'll never stop being relevant.

2 hours ago, Mach25 said:

having some kind of plat reward in the game somewhere would be a good thing.

Not gonna happen. Giving players premium currency in-game for free all but guarantees a bunch of people would try to exploit the system by creating multiple accounts solely for grinding out that premium currency. There's a reason plat can't be made freely from the game, and why Login Rewards strictly offer discounts on purchasing the stuff.

Why is there no form of catch up mechanic based on something like mastery? It's completely possible to have thousands of hours in game, and be max mastery but still years behind due to schedules. Why not have something like every 5-10 mastery levels adds another "day" to each daily tribute? So if you logged in as a mastery rank 5-10 it would count as 2 days. I don't know if it should also count for daily rewards, but at least towards milestones.

On 2018-10-02 at 7:52 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

1000 and beyond!

Starting at Day 1050, Evergreen reward choices will be rotated every 50 Days though the following options:

Evergreen Choices A (choose one):
3 x Forma
3 x Exilus Adapter
4 x Weapon Slots

Evergreen Choices B (choose one):
50,000 Kuva
7-day Boosters (Affinity, Credits, Resource)
30,000 Endo

Evergreen Choices C (choose one):
3 x Rifle Riven
3 x Melee Riven
3 x Secondary Riven

Evergreen A needs some work. It is unlikely you're going to need exilus adapters or slots at day 1050. A better option would probably be riven slots, kuva or endo. Things that would bring a little QoL after so many days grind.

~300 days away from evergreens, and now I'm actually excited for them. Drooling at that 50k kuva because I quickly get bored farming kuva survival. Giving it a hard cap is a good thing so that newer players won't be even more lagged behind. If the game is great for several more years which I'm hoping it will be, new players now will be able to get those unique rewards if they stick with the game. 

To those who are still complaining about the non-existent catch up (I saw a lot on Reddit), I think you are playing this game wrong if you can't stick with this for a few years. I see Warframe as a long-term game, a game where you are rewarded for sticking around, not a game where you can quickly catch back up only to leave it again. I login to do sorties and the login system is an extra bonus.

8 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

Not gonna happen. Giving players premium currency in-game for free all but guarantees a bunch of people would try to exploit the system by creating multiple accounts solely for grinding out that premium currency. There's a reason plat can't be made freely from the game, and why Login Rewards strictly offer discounts on purchasing the stuff.

Interestingly, in the old login system (that didn't count total days logged in), free platinum (~20-50) + plat discount was one of those rare rewards for logging in every day for the past 7 days. When the current login system came out, they removed the free platinum.

hace 16 minutos, DeathshotSE dijo:

To those who are still complaining about the non-existent catch up (I saw a lot on Reddit), I think you are playing this game wrong if you can't stick with this for a few years. I see Warframe as a long-term game, a game where you are rewarded for sticking around, not a game where you can quickly catch back up only to leave it again. I login to do sorties and the login system is an extra bonus.

Actually, if they change the system to be able to choose a expecific path every 100 days or so, people will still need to login 1000 days to get everything, maybe even since they where able to get breaks or going in vacation.

Having a life is important.

2 minutes ago, Drawer-san said:

Actually, if they change the system to be able to choose a expecific path every 100 days or so, people will still need to login 1000 days to get everything, maybe even since they where able to get breaks or going in vacation.

Having a life is important.

Of course having a life is important. Priorities are different for every person though. If you want to invest some time every day to login so that you can inch your way towards a few items in a game, that is your decision. If you want to, but can't because life is more important to you, it is selfish to bend the game so that it better suits you without concern for others.

DE tries to cater to everyone (in a good or bad way), but they (probably) would not do so at their own expense. The login system may be design to give some players a goal. If they gave players the choice of any of the rewards, the players may reach their goal immediately, feel bored, then leave the game (loss of revenue in some form). Whatever we say, DE makes the final decision (whether you agree with it or not).

1 hour ago, SenorClipClop said:

They could easily make it so that the plat can only be used to purchase items for the account it's on, or even have a special selection of items that use non-plat currency to get things that are normally only available with plat. It's not really going to be an exploitable feature if the items can't be gifted to other accounts.

hace 35 minutos, DeathshotSE dijo:

DE tries to cater to everyone (in a good or bad way), but they (probably) would not do so at their own expense. The login system may be design to give some players a goal. If they gave players the choice of any of the rewards, the players may reach their goal immediately, feel bored, then leave the game (loss of revenue in some form). Whatever we say, DE makes the final decision (whether you agree with it or not).

U are not reading yourself (or updates notes forum), people just login and then log out while waiting for updates/new content. They just dont want to loose the stupid and excessive 1k day goal.

hace 1 hora, DeathshotSE dijo:

Interestingly, in the old login system (that didn't count total days logged in), free platinum (~20-50) + plat discount was one of those rare rewards for logging in every day for the past 7 days. When the current login system came out, they removed the free platinum.

You write they dont do anything at their own expense so why u have the idea they will give plat?

In my part (i) at least play sorties and sometimes add simaris mission, just cus I need endo and dont have the time to farm for it. 

36 minutes ago, Drawer-san said:

You write they dont do anything at their own expense so why u have the idea they will give plat?

It isn't an idea. It is fact. They have given plat in the past. My comment was responding to a different person about DE giving plat for free.

I also said probably not at their own expense regarding the situation now. 2-3 years ago when they were NOT in the public eye, giving a few plat for logging in may have their strategy for keeping players playing and spreading the word about the game. Now, with the player-base so much bigger and so much more noticed, that may not be a strategy they can afford to use.

6 hours ago, OsmOne said:

moving those slots reward earlier would be much better.... a lot of player cringe the S#&$ out when they run out of slots and they need Platinum for them...

Yah, you should give out those things on early lvl. I wonder who worked on the daily tribute rework, certainly not thought out.

5 minutes ago, Darkmatt3r said:

Yah, you should give out those things on early lvl. I wonder who worked on the daily tribute rework, certainly not thought out.

I can always use some more slots, but I can understand that seeming underwhelming as far as flash for a player that sticks with the game for that long.

Would love if we could get the weapon slots for Rot A to something like: 6 Weapon Slots and 4 Warframe Slots. Because the 4 weapon slots seem pretty minimal for a reward just for 1,050 days and it could use some sort of boost. 

On 2018-10-01 at 4:57 PM, --Q--Daddy said:

Who needs weapon slots at 1000+ days? I think A should be thought over.

Well, considering weapons will keep being made, this is just an option to avoid spending the plat. Unlike forma and adapters, they can’t be grinded for. I’ll need to buy more weapon slots eventually, as does everyone else, especially once those kit guns come out. The yearly duplicate anniversary weapons aren’t enough free weapon slots for what’s to come. Honestly it’s the best option out of the 3 in rotation A. Anyone that’s gotten to day 1000 has more than enough adapters and forma stocked up.

35 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

Wow DE panders to the loud minority and said lot are still unhappy. Colour me surprised, DE has managed to blunder their way into alienating 99% of the community with this new rework.

You're implying that 99% of their community don't log in daily to play the game. If that is indeed true then that 99% of the community should really stop worrying about the 1% of players who actually are at the point where this stuff matters since they wont get to the point where it matters for another 3 or so years. 

And all they're doing with these changes is saying "thanks for supporting us, but now we can't be bothered making new things for you so yeah.. buh bye". It's a joke.. Even one armor set if they split it up in 50 day incriments is 250 days where they dont need to add more things and it's still better than the rewards that you can ALREADY GET just playing the game. 

4 hours ago, Zanchak said:

Evergreen A needs some work. It is unlikely you're going to need exilus adapters or slots at day 1050. A better option would probably be riven slots, kuva or endo. Things that would bring a little QoL after so many days grind.

Well riven slots are capped, it would become a pointless choice once you reach that cap (or bought your way to it like many other players reaching 1000+ days may already have if they’re intense traders in the riven market). and as for weapon slots, people will always need more as long as DE keep making weapons. Especially with all of those kit guns around the corner and any other construct iteration on other free roam planets some day. Adapters though... I’ll have to agree with that. Players  don’t need them as often as they’ll need forma, and warframes aren’t produced nearly as often as weapons. Considering you only need one adapter per frame, it wouldn’t be missed if it was replaced in the drop table.

15 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

You're implying that 99% of their community don't log in daily to play the game. If that is indeed true then that 99% of the community should really stop worrying about the 1% of players who actually are at the point where this stuff matters since they wont get to the point where it matters for another 3 or so years. 

Some can't, some have the misfortune to not have heard of this game one thousand days ago and some might have time away from the game. No matter what the system screws them over by locking content behind an arbitrary time gate that forces us to become slaves to the game.

No one should have to be enslaved to a game for 2 years just to get a pretty gun, 2+ years for the third unique sword and shield. Content should be open to all not gated away by time.

15 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

And all they're doing with these changes is saying "thanks for supporting us, but now we can't be bothered making new things for you so yeah.. buh bye". It's a joke.. Even one armor set if they split it up in 50 day incriments is 250 days where they dont need to add more things and it's still better than the rewards that you can ALREADY GET just playing the game. 

No they're not. If they truly wanted to thank us they'd have implemented the 50 day pick your own reward milestone system they tossed around in the beginning of the talk about a log in rework. All this is, is just pandering to the small "Eff you got mine" crowd. Who in a hilarious manner are still angry with DE but now about the evergreen rewards not being good enough.

The login rewards scale with each day, huh?
So when will the "scaling" apply not only to enemies but the rewards?
The amount of kuva for each kuva gather, relic-farming(not cracking) really need scaling badly.
I really dislike reloading the same map over and over.
I am not playing Diablo 2 magicfinding Chaos Sanctuary or somthing like that.

33 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

Some can't, some have the misfortune to not have heard of this game one thousand days ago and some might have time away from the game. No matter what the system screws them over by locking content behind an arbitrary time gate that forces us to become slaves to the game.

No one should have to be enslaved to a game for 2 years just to get a pretty gun, 2+ years for the third unique sword and shield. Content should be open to all not gated away by time.

No they're not. If they truly wanted to thank us they'd have implemented the 50 day pick your own reward milestone system they tossed around in the beginning of the talk about a log in rework. All this is, is just pandering to the small "Eff you got mine" crowd. Who in a hilarious manner are still angry with DE but now about the evergreen rewards not being good enough.

I'm not saying it's a good thing that they've locked gameplay based content away via timewalls. If I had my way all that stuff would have been moved somewhere else long ago. But things like cosmetics im glad they've hard locked them at 800 and 1000. 

The evergreen thing though, that's where i don't agree. There should be no evergreen rewards. It's 100% a cop out simply because the whiny players who "dont have time" "hadnt heard of the game 1000 days ago" (which for the record is still 2 years+ after the games release, and it was still top of the steam charts for ftp games for most of those. There's literally no way they didn't hear about it unless they didn't bother looking. Even some of the biggest game reviewers online have done reviews on it.) will complain that "i now have to wait 1500 days for that cool armor set.. I have to wait 1700 days for that peculiar mod", That or they just dont want to make anything new, which why not just say. "Sorry guys but we just dont want to make any new login rewards at this time" which was already apparent with how lackluster the last 3 at least rewards have been. 

Tldr:

Content shouldn't be locked away behind time gates but cosmetics 100% can and should be the only things locked there. Evergreen rewards shouldnt be a thing and DE should just keep releasing cosmetics or peculiars there since they're non game changing but rewarding items rather than the current proposal

6 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

I'm not saying it's a good thing that they've locked gameplay based content away via timewalls. If I had my way all that stuff would have been moved somewhere else long ago. But things like cosmetics im glad they've hard locked them at 800 and 1000. 

Same here. I'm a-okay with cosmetics locked behind. That's what it should have been from the start.

7 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

The evergreen thing though, that's where i don't agree. There should be no evergreen rewards. It's 100% a cop out simply because the whiny players who "dont have time" "hadnt heard of the game 1000 days ago" (which for the record is still 2 years+ after the games release, and it was still top of the steam charts for ftp games for most of those. There's literally no way they didn't hear about it unless they didn't bother looking. Even some of the biggest game reviewers online have done reviews on it.) will complain that "i now have to wait 1500 days for that cool armor set.. I have to wait 1700 days for that peculiar mod", That or they just dont want to make anything new, which why not just say. "Sorry guys but we just dont want to make any new login rewards at this time" which was already apparent with how lackluster the last 3 at least rewards have been. 

It's not a cop out. it's the best option for DE to have done. (aside from scrapping the entire system but i digress) and yet DE's still getting flack for it. Evergreens are also what should have been there along side cosmetics instead of weapons.

Archived