Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If They Come Out With Prime Archwing Weapons...

27 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

Dual Decurion Prime. Those things need some love.

There is no amount of damage they could do to make them usable. A Prime pass won't make them even remotely a good choice. Easily the worst Archgun.

If there are to be Prime Archguns and Archmelee, the obvious choices are Imperator and Veritux Prime.

1 hour ago, Squeekly said:

Knux. Giant space fists. All I need. 

All anyone needs.       Ever. 

11 minutes ago, (XB1)ultamite hero said:

I would like to use the Knux and punch people with my giant fists.

Knux is both grineer and modern, it wouldn't get a prime. 

It could get a wraith, though that might still be weird. 

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

There is no amount of damage they could do to make them usable. A Prime pass won't make them even remotely a good choice. Easily the worst Archgun.

If there are to be Prime Archguns and Archmelee, the obvious choices are Imperator and Veritux Prime.

Who cares if they’re practical, they need love and dual pistols in space is cool. There are no obvious choices - just your preferences. 

They don’t have to base prime arrival on first releases.

Persoanlly, I would like a Fluctus or Grattler Prime.

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

Have you seen what DE did with the Gram? From it's base counterpart that people kept passed up for vanilla Galatine to the Prime version which people cried "Power-creep".

Besides, who to say asking for a Prime means the normal variant can't get a buff? Who knows, maybe we'll get some Arch-gun re-balancing when Arch-gun become usable on the ground.

4 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

Have you seen what DE did with the Gram? From it's base counterpart that people kept passed up for vanilla Galatine to the Prime version which people cried "Power-creep".

Besides, who to say asking for a Prime means the normal variant can't get a buff? Who knows, maybe we'll get some Arch-gun re-balancing when Arch-gun become usable on the ground.

My point was the weapon itself isn't good. It doesn't matter what the stats are if it is borderline impossible to hit a target.

2 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

My point was the weapon itself isn't good. It doesn't matter what the stats are if it is borderline impossible to hit a target.

Iirc, when they first came out they were actually laser guns, DE changed them for some reason to what they are now which is rather underwhelming. I suggest they go back to being laser guns 

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

Really? I'm doing quite fine with them. The trick to using them is not treating like the Imperator. A quick, short burst of fire towards your intended target. It's small magazine size doesn't support extended fire anyway.

Once Railjack comes around and hopefully with it a reworking of Archwing gameplay, Primed Archwings and Archwing weapons would be (perhaps) more acceptable and loved by the community. Odonata got a lot of hate when it got Primed. As much as I love the thought of being able to transition from interior ship combat to exterior combat, Archwing as a gamemode is not close to being properly implemented.

5 hours ago, mikakor said:

it did? how so?

Something along the lines of priming it just because... 

Tbh looking at the Volt PA,  it's entirely lacking,  it only came with Volt Prime and Odanata Prime,  no weapons. 

It did however come with the most saught after armor sets Edo Prime. 

I guess DE is intentionally keeping the MR at 12k each PA...?  Wonder if Khora will be an exception,  or having the cat with seperate MR lead them to not adding weapons and just provide cosmetics? 

8 hours ago, (XB1)Kuljack said:

Doesn’t the Latron defeat this logic?

No. Tenno weapons can be vandal or wraith because those are modern day augmentations. But grineer and corpus weaponry cannot be primes because primes are ancient weapons, relics of the past, they predate any and all grineer/corpus weapons. 

While I wouldn't say no to a 'prime' version of the weapons, I'd honestly prefer them (and archwing to compensate) to get a balance pass and probably a buff to the weapons before they're released as warframe weapons.  If you look purely at the stats their performance isn't going to be anywhere near the 'size' of them compared with non archwing weapons, if anything they're going to be weaker than a lot of them. 

36 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

No. Tenno weapons can be vandal or wraith because those are modern day augmentations. But grineer and corpus weaponry cannot be primes because primes are ancient weapons, relics of the past, they predate any and all grineer/corpus weapons. 

Yeah but it is fiction, and the lore by association is subject to creative development. It could be we thought it was a corpus/grineee weapon but recent findings from a recent spy mission show that the grinneer actually had gotten the plans from an old orokin blueprint. Now we got prime everything with justified lore.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Kuljack said:

Yeah but it is fiction, and the lore by association is subject to creative development. It could be we thought it was a corpus/grineee weapon but recent findings from a recent spy mission show that the grinneer actually had gotten the plans from an old orokin blueprint. Now we got prime everything with justified lore.

The worst is that it works. I also had the exact same idea with the equipment of the stalker xD that shows how anything can easily be turned to prime.

( Not that I'll complain )