Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Talk: Content Drought - What DE can learn from this

MartianGHunter

Im a defender.Mais choisis ton champ

Venus high hope for some.same Deja vue of Poe.Archwing name it

i play warframe not the add-on by choice,cuz they give me no choice.secheresse or drought same to me

Edited by Ouinpis

1 hour ago, Twilight053 said:

Is there a content drought? Yes.

Did DE acknowledge it? Yes.

Are people blowing this out of proportion? Yes.

This whole debacle is a stupid overreaction.

*insert he is right you know.jpg here*

i might be more jaded on the forums but seeing people blow things out of proportion since the first sayrn rework to now its a vicous dark souls cycle i could write out the events in my sleep except back then de were more quit addressing these things so the only things ive seen change is amount of quantity of content go down quality goes up abit and youtubers are kinda stirring the pot for different reasons specially one in particular but i wont name names for this drought my comment would be they were too overzealous with fortuna good for them to try to push out of the comfort zone with it but i think they too way too big of a step in doing it not really predicting the effect of this big step for the next step be abit more careful think more ahead before committing to the step sprinkle some content in as it goes if possible weapons skins mini warframe quests just something to keep people at-least at a simmer to be content with themselves 

warframe is like a desert and content is water right now its gone too long with out a drink and were starting to see and hear things and we're freaking out honest mistakes were made we'll survive and next walk should be abit more planned out just keep ya heads on straight just because they make a video game we're all passionate about doesn't make them more or less human to us 

17 minutes ago, CupcakesMoo said:

Can you explain how you haven't had enough content yet? 

Oh, theres plenty of content in this burger. I love the cheese and I'm chewing through it as we speak. The content is so filling. 😍

Image result for burger king content

Edited by Twilight053

39 minutes ago, CupcakesMoo said:

Aint I right?

Not even remotely, unless ofc you're calling the Devs liars.

Honestly, I wish there was a drought on these posts. Far too many people are getting their knickers in a twist, either by exaggerating the problem or by pretending there isn't one and everything is totally normal. 

Both extremes solve nothing.

5 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

2014:

- Zephyr + new Interception gamemode and Earth remaster (iirc).

- Hydroid + Melee 2.0.

- Mirage + introduction of the quest system.

- Limbo + Archwing introduction.

- Mesa + Mutalist subfaction and Infested ship tileset.

That's not mentioning all the changes, events and reinforcements. 

The difference between 2014 and 2018 is very noticeable. 

I'm not even doing research but off hand

-Onslaught is arguably a bigger addition than interception.

-Fortuna will be way bigger than archwing ever was

-sacrifice is more of a quest than what we got with Mirage

-melee 3.0 if it releases could be considered a wash with 2.0

-we got Eidelons, which is still very popular and gave us more access to arcanes. Arcane improvements in general too

I'm sure someone's could add even more that we got this year in way of reworks. UI, weapons, etc.

That list is a poor example of 2014 having more content than 2018. And that's not even considering the overall content dump of Fortuna.

Didn't we also get a bunch of dojo improvements to the year too?

Edited by Hypernaut1

2 hours ago, Twilight053 said:

Oh, theres plenty of content in this burger. I love the cheese and I'm chewing through it as we speak. The content is so filling. 😍

Image result for burger king content

That's the burger we need, but currently we're getting this one1601604915746ed4200657b6888ffb9e.png

Spoiler

Calm your pantaloons, it's just a joke.

6 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I'm not even doing research

Evidently.

Onslaught is not new, we've been killing things efficiently for years. DE just turned it into a mode. Interception however was completely new, in that it's area control on specific tiles.

This is why Interception is a better example of "content" than Onslaught, because it was actually new.

Fortuna may be absolutely huge, but it hasn't released yet, has it? That's literally the point behind these threads, we don't have the content yet so saying "it will be huge" is completely irrelevant, it isn't here.

Sacrifice may have been "more of a quest" which is entirely subjective, but again, it built off a framework that we already have much like Onslaught. Mirage's quest was new. We had up until then not experienced quests and story of that level in Warframe. Don't forget that we got a couple of other quests at the time too.

Melee 3.0 could completely wash 2.0 out, but so what? Melee 3.0 isn't here, is it? Once again, that's literally the point.

Eidolons, again, are basically the same as what we already had. You take Teralyst, make him a bit harder, bigger and give him new moves and bam, new Eidolons.

I'm sorry, but this is a little annoying.

- You say we're getting the same amount of content as normal.

- I point out a time when we got more content by a substantial amount.

- You counter that by referring to content that we haven't even gotten yet and have no guarantee of getting this year. You also ignore the fact 2014 had this spread out over the course of the year causing it to feel like there was always something new.

6 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I'm sure someone's could add even more that we got this year in way of reworks. UI, weapons, etc.

Yes, and I could have mentioned Pets, Excavation/Rescue 2.0/Hive/Orokin Sabotage, Liset and Ordis, the plethora of new and updated bosses, the rest of the tileset reworks and additions, the relays, the 40+ weapons, the full list of 10 events, the cosmetic upgrades, Syndicates, the PvP additions and the pretty heavy Warframe changes.

I just chose not to because I didn't realise someone would actually unironically try to argue that 2018 is better or the same content-wise. Even if it releases at the end of this month that only gives us 2 months of content with it in this year, 2014 had content the whole year round.

This is why I argued, because the difference in content is so blatantly obvious that trying to argue otherwise seems so silly.

I'm not a fan of the "game is dying, we need content blah blah" nonsense, but I'm equally not a fan of this "everything is fine, this is the norm" nonsense.

Edit: Hold up a sec. "That's not even considering the overall content dump of Fortuna ", yeah but you did. You can't say "not even considering" when you literally referred to it several lines previous. That shows you considered it. Also UI upgrades are content now?

Edited by DeMonkey

10 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Evidently.

Onslaught is not new, we've been killing things efficiently for years. DE just turned it into a mode. Interception however was completely new, in that it's area control on specific tiles.

This is why Interception is a better example of "content" than Onslaught, because it was actually new.

Fortuna may be absolutely huge, but it hasn't released yet, has it? That's literally the point behind these threads, we don't have the content yet so saying "it will be huge" is completely irrelevant, it isn't here.

Sacrifice may have been "more of a quest" which is entirely subjective, but again, it built off a framework that we already have much like Onslaught. Mirage's quest was new. We had up until then not experienced quests and story of that level in Warframe. Don't forget that we got a couple of other quests at the time too.

Melee 3.0 could completely wash 2.0 out, but so what? Melee 3.0 isn't here, is it? Once again, that's literally the point.

Eidolons, again, are basically the same as what we already had. You take Teralyst, make him a bit harder, bigger and give him new moves and bam, new Eidolons.

I'm sorry, but this is a little annoying.

- You say we're getting the same amount of content as normal.

- I point out a time when we got more content by a substantial amount.

- You counter that by referring to content that we haven't even gotten yet and have no guarantee of getting this year. You also ignore the fact 2014 had this spread out over the course of the year causing it to feel like there was always something new.

Yes, and I could have mentioned Pets, Excavation/Rescue 2.0/Hive/Orokin Sabotage, Liset and Ordis, the plethora of new and updated bosses, the rest of the tileset reworks and additions, the relays, the 40+ weapons, the full list of 10 events, the cosmetic upgrades, Syndicates, the PvP additions and the pretty heavy Warframe changes.

I just chose not to because I didn't realise someone would actually ironically try to argue that 2018 is better content-wise. Even if it releases at the end of this month that only gives us 2 months of content with it in this year, 2014 had content the whole year round.

This is why I argued, because the difference in content is so blatantly obvious that trying to argue otherwise seems so silly.

I'm not a fan of the "game is dying, we need content blah blah" nonsense, but I'm equally not a fan of this "everything is fine, this is the norm" nonsense.

Edit: Hold up a sec. "That's not even considering the overall content dump of Fortuna ", yeah but you did. You can't say "not even considering" when you literally referred to it several lines previous. That shows you considered it. Also UI upgrades are content now?

You said 2014. That's an entire year of content I'm comparing to what we got or will get in 2018. You provided a poor list.

You can't just hand want away things to try and prove a point

Edited by Hypernaut1

7 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

'm not a fan of the "game is dying, we need content blah blah" nonsense, but I'm equally not a fan of this "everything is fine, this is the norm" nonsense.

but you HAVE to pick a side! you can't be a rational-thinking human being that finds a middle-ground in everything!! stop it, you're scaring people!

Il y a 8 heures, Ktro a dit :

Most of people have disappeared from warframe because of this severe content draught that has hit warframe this year and it is hurting the game. 

Most of the people? Doesn't look like it to me: https://steamcharts.com/app/230410

While i agree that the current model imo is not the best one and i preferred the older one with more spread out releases, all this doomsaying does not help anyone. 

We have a single dip concurrent with Destiny 2 Forsaken release, with a solid growth trend. Not the situation of a "dying game" or a game where "most of the people have disappeared". 

Edited by Autongnosis

7 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

You said 2014. That's an entire year of content I'm comparing.

What? I don't understand what you mean?

I said 2014. I have just outlined everything that was in 2014. There is no issue here.

Unless you mean you're comparing everything that we're getting in 2018 to 2014, and that's why you're including Fortuna and Melee 3.0.

You have absolutely no idea whether the content contained within that adds up to what we received in 2014. You also ignore the fact that we have 2 and a bit months left of this year, 2 and a half months of content does not equal a whole year of content, 12 =/= 2.5. You're also ignoring (again) that we might not even get these things in 2018, things have been delayed plenty of times before now.

So why not go all out, include Railjack and the Kingpin system as well. Include everything that DE have ever said they're working on, because it might come in 2018.

7 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

You can't just hand want away things to try and prove a point

I'm not the one who typed a dismissive 2 sentence response.

@(PS4)robotwars7 I pick my side, you're welcome to join me. :clem:

Edited by DeMonkey

5 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

You said 2014. That's an entire year of content I'm comparing to what we got or will get in 2018. You provided a poor list.

To what we got now doesn't even compare to what we got in previous years and as for what we will get. We have no idea if it will be a complete and utter failure, if it drops and it's amazing then great but don't bring up stuff we're going to get when we don't have them. 

People are like "Oh they should go back and fix the game" without realising that was what 2018 was for, trying to go back and fix some of the balance issues.

This is literally why DE don't do it more often.

Do I wish they could more often? Yes. Do I recognise they can't unless it's part of some other content? Also yes. 

Just now, Loza03 said:

People are like "Oh they should go back and fix the game" without realising that was what 2018 was for, trying to go back and fix some of the balance issues.

This is literally why DE don't do it more often.

Do I wish they could more often? Yes. Do I recognise they can't unless it's part of some other content? Also yes. 

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

If you compare the last 12 months to all of 2014, then you have to include Poe instead of fortuna. 

2014 may have been morepiece meal, but I don't see this huge gap of content in comparison.

And even still, if 2015 was the Golden age of content drops for Warframe, they last 12 still compares very well

Edited by Hypernaut1

Just now, Hypernaut1 said:

If you compare the last 12 months to all of 2014, then you have to include Poe instead of fortuna. 

Spoiler

Image result for moving goalposts gif

2 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I don't see this huge gap of content in comparison.

I hadn't gathered that after literally typing out everything that we received in 2014, comparing it to what we've received so far in 2018 and still the argument continuing. Thank you for making your stance clear on this.

It's still factually wrong though, but at least you're assertive.

Want me to pull up everything that we got from January 2014 to October 2014? Will that finally get through? Because I guarantee you it's substantially more than we've gotten this year, and utterly proves the point that at this moment in time we are going through a content drought. And frankly even if I did include PoE it wouldn't match what we got in 2014.

Given that the devs themselves have acknowledged this I don't even know why people continue arguing it's not happening. Do you think the devs are wrong about their own game perhaps?

I'm honestly starting to think these arguments are worse than the "boohoo content drought" posts. At least those are nothing more than an overreaction. 

This is my idea to keep players happy while you're getting the next big thing ready:
Every few months, release one of the old frames as an UMBRA frame. Three months tops, and change up one of the abilities.
1. You'd be tweaking an old frame.
2. You could then market it as something a bit new and different.
3. Not all should revolve around a quest, but maybe a few can.
4. Make them were the the parts drop off on alerts or certain game modes.
5. Do NOT use relics, this would complicate the relic system.
6. This should keep more veteran players involved, and give newer players something to shoot for.
7. It will give some option as what to play as when the sentients come in the upcoming quest.