Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrows useless ?.

Dreez76

34 minutes ago, ranks21 said:

they have no survivability

You're modding them wrong if you honestly believe that.

35 minutes ago, ranks21 said:

they will get a whole team downed trying to revive them

I have literally never seen this happen in my 700 hours of playing.

35 minutes ago, ranks21 said:

only useful at low levels

LOL

36 minutes ago, ranks21 said:

you would see them in ESO

I do see them in ESO... I'm also one of those people that brings my crit kitty to ESO.

36 minutes ago, ranks21 said:

no matter how hard you try with these doggies/kats they are ultimately not worth the hassle

Nah it's because people want vacuum. 

37 minutes ago, ranks21 said:

sentinels are far more superior in almost every way

Sentinels are good for vacuum; that's pretty much it. Helios is decent for scanning, but eventually you'll have everything scanned for the Sim and Carrier is only good for carrying more ammo.

If I wanted my sentinel attacking... I'd use a Kavat. Lul.

see you guys still hanging on to straws trying to justify pets<>

4 hours ago, OriZulo said:

You're modding them wrong if you honestly believe that.

I have literally never seen this happen in my 700 hours of playing.

LOL

I do see them in ESO... I'm also one of those people that brings my crit kitty to ESO. 

Nah it's because people want vacuum. 

Sentinels are good for vacuum; that's pretty much it. Helios is decent for scanning, but eventually you'll have everything scanned for the Sim and Carrier is only good for carrying more ammo.

If I wanted my sentinel attacking... I'd use a Kavat. Lul.

I don't use vacuum on any other sentinel than sweeper.

if have never been in a run where a pet gets downed and breaks team synergy because 1 or 2 members scrambled to rev and gets downed, leaving the weakest member alone who also gets downed, then kudows to your short low level runs.

yes you see pets in ESO but how long is those runs??

as for your last blatant lie! I bet you haven't forma or maxed out your mods for your sentinels or its rifle...

I stand by what I say and if you see me on region chat lets link up and do tycho for 1 hr and count the many times your pet will be downed and my sentinel gets killed then report back here with the results.

12 minutes ago, ranks21 said:

see you guys still hanging on to straws trying to justify pets<>

I really don't "need" to justify using them though. It's all about personal preference; use whatever you want. It's fine if you don't like them, but if your pet keeps dying over and over, YOU are the one that modded it wrong. That's a you problem, not a pet problem.

if have never been in a run where a pet gets downed and breaks team synergy because 1 or 2 members scrambled to rev and gets downed, leaving the weakest member alone who also gets downed, then kudows to your short low level runs.

Look, we get it. You hate pets. But there's no need to make stuff up.

yes you see pets in ESO but how long is those runs??

People typically do 8 zones. Are you so new that you were not already aware of that???

as for your last blatant lie! I bet you haven't forma or maxed out your mods for your sentinels or its rifle...

Lol nope, no need for me to lie, especially about something so petty.

My sentinels are forma'ed, and the weapons removed because there's no need for ME to use them. My kavats are better fighters and provide more utility for me

I stand by what I say

That's fine; you just need to accept that plenty of people enjoy using the pets. Something tells me now that they're getting Fetch, you'll rethink your bizarre hatred of them.

Just a feeling though. 😃

if you see me on region chat

People actually use that? Lol

do tycho for 1 hr and count the many times your pet will be downed and my sentinel gets killed then report back here with the results.

Unlike you I don't have anything to prove. I already know both my Kavats are properly modded and hardly ever go down; and when they do, it's super easy and quick to rez them.

Get off your high horse already, I'm starting to get embarrassed for you.

Edited by OriZulo

Just now, OriZulo said:

I really don't "need" to justify using them though. It's all about personal preference; use whatever you want. It's fine if you don't like them, but if your pet keeps dying over and over, YOU are the one that modded it wrong. That's a you problem, not a pet problem.

Look, we get it. You hate pets. But there's no need to make stuff up.

People typically do 8 zones. Are you so new that you were not already aware of that???

Lol nope, no need for me to lie, especially about something so petty.

My sentinels are forma'ed, and the weapons removed because there's no need for ME to use them. My kavats are better fighters and provide more utility for me. 

That's fine; you just need to accept that plenty of people enjoy using the pets. Something tells me now that they're getting Fetch, you'll rethink your bizarre hatred of them.

Just a feeling though. 😃

People actually use that? Lol

Unlike you I don't have anything to prove. I already know both my Kavats are properly modded and hardly ever go down; and when they do, it's super easy and quick to rez them.

Get off your high horse already, I'm starting to get embarrassed for you.

all of what you've said already proves what I have stated and now youre even trying to discredit me by saying I "hate pets" and I am "riding a high horse" < I call BS!

sure you don't have to prove anything but practically and realistically looking at your response  its call running away. sapping osprey says hello...

22 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

This comment is more than a little bit laughable. SInce, between kavats and kubrow, my best selling pets are Kubrow. 

Probably because there are like six different Kubrow breeds and when you go to MR fodder them it's RNG on what you get so people get fed up and just buy imprints to be done with them instead of farming a bazillion Kubrow eggs. Especially back a whole patch ago (read extremely recently) when you couldn't pick up more than one Kubrow egg at a time outside of Egg Alerts. 

Edited by Oreades

On 2018-10-19 at 6:20 PM, Oreades said:

Probably because there are like six different Kubrow breeds and when you go to MR fodder them it's RNG on what you get so people get fed up and just buy imprints to be done with them instead of farming a bazillion Kubrow eggs. Especially back a whole patch ago (read extremely recently) when you couldn't pick up more than one Kubrow egg at a time outside of Egg Alerts. 

seems excessive for people to pay 450-500p on average to me for a kubrow, especially when I sell MR fodder for 20p. 😉

Oh god.. there's such an easier way to figure this out.  Gather up builds for the best possible offensive and defensive uses for pets and sentinels and see who ends up with bigger numbers.  This isn't an election, it's a video game, and like all video games the solution can be found utilizing math.

Personally, I agree that while I do absolutely love my maxed out pets the carrier prime that I use is simply far superior to my play style.  Consider this.  When modding a pet you have one mod tree to cram everything into, but for sentinels you have two.  One for the sentinel himself and one for his weapon.  That's twice the mods that you can utilize and more importantly those are weapon mods that you're able to use.

Ultimately though, who cares? This thread was just a trainwreck waiting to happen, and I don't even care if other people use pets or sentinels as long as they are both viable types of companions, (it's definitely true kubrow could use the most love. But OMG we are getting vacuum!) Then I don't even know what the Moa is going to be like unless we can "engineer" different builds for them and sell them. (That would be pretty cool but it will probably be more like a cross between the two with the creating copies not a part of it.)

The point is, making a definitive statement tearing down an aspect of play other people enjoy that does not affect you seems counterproductive. 

On 2018-10-11 at 7:51 PM, Dreez76 said:

Why ?.   Everytime i'm in an open game, doesn't matter if it's low mid or high ranked enemies, i end up reviving another player's doggy repeatedly while my sentinel rarely dies, unless i take multiple facefulls of bombard-rockets.   So why, after all these years, hasn't the Kubrow's survivability been adressed ?.  There are tons of really good skins and hard-to-get mods for them, but when asking around in the chats about the Kubrow, it seems like the general opinion even among the most veteran players, the Kubrow is better replaced by the much more dependable sentinel.

I believe this is a huge issue in terms of game balance and give the players no option but to discard the Kubrow for a better companion.

I think this is more a case of people not levelling their Kubrow's durability mods. I've got them maxed and have absolutely no problems keeping them alive with the occasional melee. Plus they can one hit just about anything, which is always nice

On ‎21‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 12:47 AM, WRESinn said:

Oh god.. there's such an easier way to figure this out.  Gather up builds for the best possible offensive and defensive uses for pets and sentinels and see who ends up with bigger numbers.  This isn't an election, it's a video game, and like all video games the solution can be found utilizing math.

Personally, I agree that while I do absolutely love my maxed out pets the carrier prime that I use is simply far superior to my play style.  Consider this.  When modding a pet you have one mod tree to cram everything into, but for sentinels you have two.  One for the sentinel himself and one for his weapon.  That's twice the mods that you can utilize and more importantly those are weapon mods that you're able to use.

Exactly a point that I made, Sentinels have separate weapons, Dogs and Cats do not.  The mods I feel need to be multipurpose or have 2 or more abilities on one mod card rather then just one.

On 2018-10-19 at 10:47 AM, ranks21 said:

they bleedout plain and simple, no matter how much armor.shields/health they have they'll die/get downed quicker than a sentinel. I don't use these pets because they have no survivability and get themselves killed since you have no control over them= useless.

fact# 3 they always get stuck even in an open field. fact #4 they will get a whole team downed trying to revive them. fact #5 only useful at low levels.

some of the mods they have that link them to the frames for surviving should also be for sentinels or give sentinels better self healing.

inaros cant keep them alive that long either, if they were better than sentinels you would see them in ESO and other mid- low high level missions.

no matter how hard you try with these doggies/kats they are ultimately not worth the hassle.

ps: saying pets are better than sentinels is simply being naïve and dishonest with one's self. sentinels are far more superior in almost every way.. they can attack an enemy 30m away, cc a crowd, and my favorite spread and proc status all of which pets cant do. even auras and mods like stand united, condition overload hunter munitions, weeping wounds just to name a few benefits more than what a pet can do for a loadout.

I have no issue with my kubrow being weaker than sent  only issue i have with it and why i foces on my helios prime is the vacum mod.  with the new mods coming soon that wont be as big an issue.  though with propers mods for armor, shields and health they can be as survivable as some of the less armored frames if running a tanky frame

On 2018-10-11 at 2:54 PM, Kaotyke said:

I believe that those guys didnt give their doggo ANY kind of survivalbility Mods.

Its not the Petto, its the player.

It's a bit the petto, making all their survivability dependent on players stats is a rather poor design decision given how frames stats are formulated. if you have a squishy frame and want a beast companion they are going to be fairly squishy no matter what you do, because your frame is squishy and they base themselves off that frame, and then unfortunately they don't have the same kind of damage mitigation techniques said frame may have on its own so they wind up all the more defenseless. 

At this point can we just have "Vacuum" be a native ability for ALL companions?  Why do we need 3 different mods for the same thing?  Why not make everyone happy and just give it to them by default so that we can put other more useful mods rather then sacrificing a mod slot which for animals is just not enough space.  Looking at my cat and dog now I really don't see how I'll fit Vacuum into the tree, at all, everything I have is either basic attack mods and more then 50% - 70% are companion survivability mods that is all the space that I have even Orokined and 2 FORMAs.  Where do the devs think we'll have the space to fit these new mods? 

They NEED to fix the companions, period, which will require a full rework but DE won't because they are lazy.  With Fortuna coming out just like how the Kavats took all the attention away from the Kubros the dumb MOAs will take all the attention and possible lessons learned from the animal companions and they will leave them to rot, like many other ideas that were never fully fleshed out in WF.

Edited by Hawk1911

Man a lot of people who don’t have max armor hp for there pets. Trust me they are the best at high level content if you have a tanky frame.

pets stats 1200 armor 2000 hp and heals from your life steal on melee. Can last longer then your frame (because it’s mods make it stronger).

sent 100 armor? 1200 hp maybe? No shared healing. Useless past 100. Can’t outlast frame if you go down it’s gone for the rest of the mission.

if your going to argue on this topic come in with maxed mods. Or you don’t know what your talking about.

My cats and dogs have been formaed at least 8 times, the ones I use at least, they have max ranked link health and armor mods and I always run at least max rank Vitality on my frame, quite often gladiator resolve or umbral mods maxed. And my cat doesn't die with 40 minutes on kuva survival nor on sorties. Arbitrations it does die in C rotation but that's okay, I don't do much of those anyhow.

So you are modding your pets wrong if they die early and often. And you're reviving them without operator void mode if you're dying when reviving them. All l2p issues. How many people need to say this until you get it?

8 hours ago, Cubewano said:

It's a bit the petto, making all their survivability dependent on players stats is a rather poor design decision given how frames stats are formulated. if you have a squishy frame and want a beast companion they are going to be fairly squishy no matter what you do, because your frame is squishy and they base themselves off that frame, and then unfortunately they don't have the same kind of damage mitigation techniques said frame may have on its own so they wind up all the more defenseless. 

My Nekros Prime has 300 health (100 at rank 0) and 65 armor, and my kavat doesn't die in a 40 minute kuva survival, so it's not how squishy your frame is because 15 armor isn't that big difference from 65 armor in damage reduction, and afaik only Ivara and maybe Limbo has lower health than that. It's the modding choises. Smeeta kavat has a very useful mod Reflect, making it the toughest of all pets, and you can use Medi-Pet Kit and Pack Leader to keep your pet healed, just have to melee once in a while and you're set.

The only place where my kavat dies more than usual is eidolon hunts, unless I play Trinity good with the right build which I often forget to swap.

Just have to know what you're doing and some modding and your pets won't die early nor often, maybe once before you exceed enemy level 100.

My sentinels die way faster than my beasts. Other people only notice it on pets because they can see the pet being down. I use primed regen and sacrifice on my sentinels and often they have to get regened all three times before they have me rezzed. Sentinels are frail and easily destroyed.

I don't even pay attention to what frame I am using be it Inaros or a much weaker frame. I run with the health boost and armor boost, (shield boost instead with Mag,) and I do not experience the problems you guys are experiencing.

Also, Fetch is coming. Then you won't have any argument against beasts.

20 hours ago, Obviousclone said:

this is also useless to even show here, only one enemy, in simulacrum. proves not a darn thing. come back with real game combat videos with the same levels and your kitty doing that then it will be relevant.

now imagine DE does the right thing and give all sentinels rifles armor stripping as how they do give these kitties/doggies or crit chance/multi, only a small handful of players would use pets compared to sentinels<< I don't even say link health armor or shields.

still waiting on that high level video ever since pets was introduced and was all the rage where they actually survived the onslaught 3+yrs now.

all my doggies are maxed likewise my kitties and their respected mods, you just cant deny their dumb AI getting them killed. but you can still convince other naïve players with these silly vids above but not players who knows the facts.

Edited by ranks21

if you want an immortal pet, you'll need to mod your frame specifically for it... you'll need to mod your warframe for max health and max armor and maybe max shield and then mod the Kubrow and Kavat with max rank Link mod (Health, Armor and Shield).. additional to that you also need healing mod on your pet like Pack Leader.. due to how that mod works, that also limit your frame to melee frame because your pet will not survive otherwise.. you also might want Hunter Recovery on your pet so it can heal you while you can also heal it..

This is why alot of people rather just use a robo buddy instead of a space dog or space cat, technically they are a lot stronger than robo buddy, (Sahasa Kubrow can OHKO anything that wasnt a boss thanks to Ferocity mod), but you also need to mod specially for it while robo buddy can be use in any frame which offer a lot more freedom...

If you are interested in playing with a pet, I suggest to get Khora or Oberon, while most warframe can be mod to be use with a pet build, those 2 are the most idle for such build because Khora already have a build in pet Venari, so with a pet build, you'll running around with 2 pets, increasing your damage output and your own survivability (with Hunter Recovery and 2 pets, you basically cant die as long as your pet is alive) and Oberon have a passive that buff all pets and he have ability that further buff everyone with Hallow Ground and Renewal, make your pet really strong..

Edited by (PS4)calvin_0

On 2018-10-27 at 12:09 AM, (PS4)calvin_0 said:

if you want an immortal pet, you'll need to mod your frame specifically for it... you'll need to mod your warframe for max health and max armor and maybe max shield and then mod the Kubrow and Kavat with max rank Link mod (Health, Armor and Shield).. additional to that you also need healing mod on your pet like Pack Leader.. due to how that mod works, that also limit your frame to melee frame because your pet will not survive otherwise.. you also might want Hunter Recovery on your pet so it can heal you while you can also heal it..

This is why alot of people rather just use a robo buddy instead of a space dog or space cat, technically they are a lot stronger than robo buddy, (Sahasa Kubrow can OHKO anything that wasnt a boss thanks to Ferocity mod), but you also need to mod specially for it while robo buddy can be use in any frame which offer a lot more freedom...

If you are interested in playing with a pet, I suggest to get Khora or Oberon, while most warframe can be mod to be use with a pet build, those 2 are the most idle for such build because Khora already have a build in pet Venari, so with a pet build, you'll running around with 2 pets, increasing your damage output and your own survivability (with Hunter Recovery and 2 pets, you basically cant die as long as your pet is alive) and Oberon have a passive that buff all pets and he have ability that further buff everyone with Hallow Ground and Renewal, make your pet really strong..

I have never had to do this. Definitely there's a higher investment for the rewards with pets (you don't have to dump 6 forma into it but you get less use of the mods if you don't at least put a few in there.)

How about if I am interested in a pet I use the pets I have, or buy them or breed them. How about I do what I like as YMMV but I haven't seen what you are talking about at all.