Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC] C̶̹̃h̴̊̍̐͜i̶͓̩͛̽m̸̨̈́͘e̴̤̒ŕ̸͉͋̕å̸̙̭͕: Update 23.10 - Arbitrations: Lethal Alerts Feedback Megathread

Marcooose

I really like the idea of them giving kuva as a chance of a reward at a 3/2 rate like the sortie. (6000 kuva to 4000 kuva). Only giving endo and occasionally a mode feels very strange compared to all the other levels and there reward system.

Edited by ikillutwice

1 час назад, ChaosSabre сказал:

I remember going into one of those, everyone around me was dead and were wondering why my Inaros isn't taking any damage at all and can just tempo royale into enemies without any worry.

Some of those players had no idea they even entered something elite. DE need to put better explanations, they can't rely on community doing their job forever. I saw a lot of players who had no idea whatever they entered in bc it just popped in their timeline and they decided to try. If they would see in-game short description that this particular mode is harder that normal, it would cease percentage of mistakes like that. Overwatch has short explanations in game for every of their modes. It helps? It helps. Will it be difficult for DE to do? Not at all, just little submenu you can tab nearby game mod icon like they did with weapons stats.

Edited by ThousandLights

11 hours ago, Yagamilight123 said:

So you basically ask for almost infinite revives .... yeah ... you seems to not understand the gamemode idea .... The gamemode is for people that are over the "i forget to refresh shields" . As it is now , is pretty easy and dont offer to much of a challenge to do ir even more easy (enemy scaling do nothing to the difficult , more bulletspongin is not equal to difficulty ....) .

Except that the mode's so long and tedious that players aren't kept engaged, and that's why they die, because they literally got bored enough to forget their shield ability.  Unless they use a tanky frame.

15 hours ago, DreisterDino said:

So you already take Rhino to this Mission although the lvl is too low in your opinion?

That might be boring indeed, i stopped using Rhino a long time ago 😉

I just take any frame thats gets the random buff and see how it performs and have fun with it.

You can just take your squishy frame to the mission right now without risking "to die to RNG".

I dont see the benefit for the gameplay if we instantly raise the lvl to a point where every frame is dead the moment its get spotted but give revives back.

Right now we are in a spot where you can die already early in the game if you dont pay attention and dont run Rhino/Inaros/Invisible frame ( i saw that happen a lot), but you can survive with each frame if you are really trying. You guys honestly think that if we bump the lvl up that much that pretty much every frame gets oneshotted instantly but we have revives that there wont be a META of frames everyone uses to avoid getting oneshotted? That would lead to the Rhino/Inaros/Invisble frame only scenario just as much.

And btw, since you dont lose the rotation-rewards when dying, i dont think its a big problem for most people if they die after 2 hours. As if they care for the collected Alloyplate and Rubedo . 😀 They get to keep the only rewards that might be interesing to them anyway, if you want to farm ressources you go somewhere else.

Little story at the end: I tried out the +300 Equinox in a Defense yesterday, and i got oneshotted by a Nullifier at Wave 14 or something.

Why? Because i am still in the the normal "nothing can kill me in this game, and if for some reason it happens i can just revive myself" mode.

I was recasting my 4 maybe 25 meters away of the Nullifier in Line of Sight, and while i was standing there raising my arms i saw the bullet coming, hitting me right in the face xD

Am i mad? no. I learned my lesson and will try to do better next time. The rules of this gamemode are simple: You make a mistake - you are out. And thats fine for me.

Well, for enemies with hitscan weapons their accuracy is partially determined by RNG.

And I don't actually use Rhino that much, I got bored of him.  I mostly play Nidus these days, my issue is less me dying and more that other people die, get fed up, and leave.

If the level is high enough that any damage is threatening I'd imagine players would be far more aware or cautious around taking unnecessary shots.  Instead enemies are able to kill you, but not really threatening except in very specific circumstances which rarely (but do) still come up.  This is also greatly detrimental to frames who aren't really tanky, and can discourage their use if they don't have ways of mitigating or ignoring damage.

Also, if you die you do lose rotation rewards if you're marked as "afk" which is rather common even if you're actively watching others play or chatting.

Edited by ReshyShira

I like how it currently is. It makes people try harder and think more creatively. Just some adjustments should be made. Increase enemy spawns for goodness sakes. I spend most of the time looking for enemies and activating life support then to actually enjoy the mission. And rework on the AI , they behaviour is ridiculous in every mission type. And the rewards could be better but right now its acceptable. The real challenge in the survival is life support because the enemies seem to be dropping less capsules. Defense there's a bug that enemies don't spawn or get stuck in spawn. I know theres players complaining about the ability not affect the drones but its a challenge for a reason.... you gotta just think outside the box. 

8 hours ago, DrBorris said:

Idea #2: The rewards for running Arbitration are fine IMO (maybe add an Arbitration Peculiar with an absurdly low drop chance though), but the store could use some help. The problem with the store is that there are not any recurring rewards, for the most part it is just one purchase and done (unless you want an army of Arbiters in your ship/dojo). Adding some 'evergreen' rewards like Forma, Exilus Adapters, or maybe even boosters would be a great way to keep people playing Arbitrations for the months and years to come.

agreed, rotations for that is good too... maybe swap out one of them per week...

Or keeping with the kuva notion, maybe allow trade for forma, kuva, stuff like that for vitus

I'm enjoying Arbitrations and I think the no revive modifier is brilliant, it adds a layer of tension to the game mode, pls don't listen to the complaints on this, it's meant to be a challenge! The drones are fine as well, ppl are too used to ez mode one button spam in this game, prioritizing the drone is not that hard when you get used to it. 

My only gripe is enemy spawns in solo mode. Playing public matches is a bad idea b/c the host can die and quit, and the host migration feels like a 50/50 chance to fail and lose everything. So solo spawns really need to be increased, this has always been a problem for WF but feels particularly bad for Arbitrations and the modifiers (less life support, longer excavations, etc)

I'm enjoying Arbitrations and I think the no revive modifier is brilliant, it adds a layer of tension to the game mode, pls don't listen to the complaints on this, it's meant to be a challenge! The drones are fine as well, prioritizing the drone is not that hard when you get used to it and use the right weapons.

My only gripe is enemy spawns in solo mode. Playing public matches is a bad idea b/c the host can die and quit, and the host migration feels like a 50/50 chance to fail and lose everything (another thing that should be fixed). So solo spawns really need to be increased, this has always been a problem for WF but feels particularly bad for Arbitrations and the modifiers (less life support, longer excavations, etc). We need more enemies spawning and less enemies getting stuck in the map lol. 

Agreed on the praise, and adding damage to the drone explosions was a nice touch.

The solo spawns issue carries over to pretty much every other mission, though. For example, in Excavation missions I frequently find myself with a dead Excavator and no spawns - let alone power carriers - for upwards of 30-40 seconds.

In all seriousness DE should balance the game around the solo experience, and implement better difficulty/spawn scaling for additional players. I understand that this is a "multiplayer" game, but balancing for solo and adding layers for multiplayer makes it more enjoyable for everyone without actually harming multiplayer at all.

On 2018-10-13 at 3:36 AM, Robert999220 said:

"the rewards to effort ratio isnt comparable at all."

This right here. I've done Arbi Defense, survival and interception and all three were just a drag. First, the modes were not difficult. They just felt like standard missions, but just unnecessarily long with few spawns. The interception was faster than defense and survival, but still slow because we hardly got any enemies to power up the excavators. We spent quite a bit of time just waiting or running around trying to find any power while the excavators was sitting a zero. 

I know this is the first attempt at this kind of change, so I'm hopeful for more tweaks. But as mentioned before, the effort is just not comparable to the rewards. 

So this is our 'end-game', eh?

"So we heard you're getting a little burned out, that you want some challenge to spice things up again. We have something for you!"
Wait, they're making end-game stuff now!?
"We've taken the slow, long, and boring missions you've done millions of times."
Uh... You're improving them finally?
"Doubled the time it takes for you to get a reward."
Wot?
"Made it so the only real difficulty increases are no revives and the enemies can now be invincible."
You gotta be..
"Oh, and the rewards are mostly sculptures and endo!"
Right, guess I'll go back to waiting for Fortuna.

Guess that's why they call it Arbit Rations.
Having to ration our end-game out in such tiny amounts because there is none.

Edited by BlazeDeval
Venting

Just ran a pub Arbitration Survival mission and got stuck with a player who wanted to roll 40+ minutes. Stayed for 20 but wanted to leave. Player refused to extract and so I was forced to exit the mission with no essence.

Allowing players to hold extraction rewards hostage for special difficulty missions should never happen. Let the essence be part of the rewards package in mission please.

This host migration crap really needs to be sorted. Coming up to 20 mins and host dies and leaves and host migration fails.
Going another 20 minutes just for 2 rewards, no thanks.

With the ai glitching, time it takes, host migrations the real challenge here is actually wanting to join a mode i was looking forward to.

So many times you think a game is listening to people and about to do something everyone wanted. But then they have to add little tweaks here and there just to make sure you don't enjoy it.

Just now, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Can't comment without trying it first but of the only challenge here is not being able to respawn then maybe there's something wrong with it, hopefully they'll add Kuva to the loot table atleast

Rewards aren't gonna really make me come back to a mode I've been doing for what feels like 5 years unless they're absolutely amazing. 
I was hoping for something new and fun, not just another 'mutation' on top of an already stale game mode.

18 minutes ago, BansheePrime said:

I’m confused. Vitus Essence is a rotation reward. You keep those upon completion or death.

you get like 2 vitus per rotation if you complete the mission. if you die you just get the rotation rewards 

It would be nice if after fixing the spawning issues the next thing would be adding some useable rewards and expand the current fashionframe to the arbiter shop.

For example:

Peciluar aura: exilus mod, this creates an aura effect on the player similar to the drones effect with energy colors

A new color palettes, map themed perhaps?

1000 kuva, because we all need it.

1000 endo, for the desperate endo hunters.

500K credits, a worthy credit reward.

20 mutagen samples, you know why this is here.

Il y a 2 heures, Precursor1997 a dit :

Agreed with the topic, good idea with terrible execute.

Drone stuck can happen.

Drone surrounded by Ancients and Nullifier. These are the seriiously problems and since melee on Chimera update have been no longer immune to CC and you barely get the proper mod for your trying.

Plus you can't target flying drones while melee, it's even worse (nearly impossible) with auto targeting on. It always has been a pain in Corpus mission but they still work on tedious flying enemies mechanics, it's frustrating at best.

What they should do is linking drones to one specific enemy (flying above his head just like Revenant's controls) and we should kill this specific enemy instead of a stupid flying machine that gets stuck everywhere and spend its time being out of sight for various reasons.

Plus this would fix the melee issue, no one has issues killing walking stuff with a machete.

They should work on the time we spend in each mission too and the terrible rewards we get after so much wasted time. All of this mode isn't really fun and if it's not fun, why would we care ?

Just increasing old missions level like they did with sorties would have been a way better idea than spending 20 min in a defense for only one rotation. Some people here do have a life and this is just a complete waste of time and energy. the only feeling i got while testing this mode is total boredom, missions seem to take like forever to complete. I won't talk about rewards cause it's not part of the fun, but come on. All of this isn't fun at all. All of this content isn't new either, we were already doing this mission for decades - Sorties work better than that and are way simplier.

Endless option is a joke, everyone is leaving after one or two rotations - They could have worked on reworked non-endless mission instead it would have been more appreciated. Capture with three well protected targets - Espionnage with additional threats - Extermination with mini bosses - Mobile defense with many more enemies each time the alarm rings or two objectives one should defend at the same time etc. What we need is a new version of older content for higher level, not some weird new mode with broken drones and boring timers.

Edited by 000l000

1 hour ago, BlazeDeval said:

"We've taken the slow, long, and boring missions you've done millions of times."

They were only boring because you could never fail them and just afk your way to victory with the right setup. Repeating the same missions and oneshotting weak enemies just for grind of course gets incredibly boring. But i wouldn't say the game modes themself are the problem.

1 hour ago, BlazeDeval said:

"Made it so the only real difficulty increases are no revives and the enemies can now be invincible."

"only" he says... I've seen enough so far that highly disagrees with your statement. How much and how long have you tried these? And if very successful, you can't tell me you played as lazy and cheap as you usually do in your average warframe content with practically infinite revives. Drones alone counter lots of cheese and ability spam. You need to pick those out before you're able to deal with the actual threats. And one sudden mistake can end your run.

And as someone who has also spent over 5 years in warframe, i can say that i've never experienced such an awesome combat in warframe yet. Death to afk gameplay and finally a need to use parkour to it's fullest.

I do agree though that the rewards are kinda lacking and that it'd be better to keep the rotations every 5 minutes/each round instead of double but let enemies scale faster. At the current moment, they scale at a snails pace, which makes for enduring instead of very tough runs for which not everyone has the time to stay half an hour to reach rotation c.

1 minute ago, IceColdHawk said:

They were only boring because you could never fail them and just afk your way to victory with the right setup. Repeating the same missions and oneshotting weak enemies just for grind of course gets incredibly boring. But i wouldn't say the game modes themself are the problem.

"only" he says... I've seen enough so far that highly disagrees with your statement. How much and how long have you tried these? And if very successful, you can't tell me you played as lazy and cheap as you usually do in your average warframe content with practically infinite revives. Drones alone counter lots of cheese and ability spam. You need to pick those out before you're able to deal with the actual threats. And one sudden mistake can end your run.

And as someone who has also spent over 5 years in warframe, i can say that i've never experienced such an awesome combat in warframe yet. Death to afk gameplay and finally a need to use parkour to it's fullest.

I do agree though that the rewards are kinda lacking and that it'd be better to keep the rotations every 5 minutes/each round instead of double but let enemies scale faster. At the current moment, they scale at a snails pace, which makes for enduring instead of very tough runs for which not everyone has the time to stay half an hour to reach rotation c.

They are boring because it's just the same thing over and over and over again for an hour or more (if you can get people that want to stay beyond 20 minutes.)
First of all, people are afking because it's boring, making it so you can't use your powers since they do nothing to drones isn't making it more fun. Everyone knows invincible enemies being protected by a drone that gets stuck behind doorways, nooks and crannies, walls, etc, is so much fun. Sure, I could use an AoE weapon, but that defeats the point of boons in the first place! (Speaking of which, why no boons for primary, secondary, and melee? Why only one at a time?) 
Boons had a chance to make things fun, but 300% damage only is not that great, doesn't really mix things up at all!

The only thing that happens is you die faster and they die slower, no real challenge there. Sure you could argue that it becomes skill based on surviving once the enemies become tough, but that takes over an hour for that to happen. I'm not slogging through trash mobs for over an hour for to things to get interesting.
You seem to assume I'm one of the "AFK and never play" people. I try to mix things up with silly builds all the time to keep things fun (Ivara Lanka build with P Nav and projectile speed, trying to kill ANYTHING while going mach 8 )

If anything, it's just made tank frames with massive burst damage guns more of a thing.

And a little nitpick, that probably can be mostly ignored, is now that they have drones that make them invincible to damage, it just makes Tenno/Warframes seem weaker and weaker from a lore point of view.

Honestly, if you enjoy it, all power to ya. I just find it to be an absolute boring slog of the same thing I've been doing for years.