Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chimera: Hotfix 23.10.2

[DE]Megan

Kavat shining bright like a diamond! As you can see it's so intense I get glares on my screen lol, and the details completely disappear. Color is light pink (not by choice, promise). Reminds me of the old blinding effects of Teralysts. Everything is so much more crisp, but also tend to get overexposed in certain lighting. What used to look black on my frames and operator is now grey. I have all graphical settings maxed, except no sliders have been touched (brightness, contrast, effects/bloom intensity, sharpen, all default), nor tessellation or dynamic resolution.

fGtiGFC.jpg

In the Dojo the glow on the key lighting 'glass' is extremely muted, and the overall contrast has been dropped significantly. This has led to a drop in the visual aesthetic of any dojo that uses the full range of colors to impart contrast or to match particular aesthetics.

Warframe0751.jpg

Above: This what my Dojo looked like prior to the update. Notice how the Key lighting panels are bright, and emit a glow. Additionally the overall contrast is visible.

Warframe0779.jpg

Above: This is what my Dojo looks like now. Notice how the Key lighting panels look muted and desaturated, and do not emit a glow. Additionally the overall contrast has somehow been reduced.

Changing my display options doesn't seem to affect this at all.

A critique I have for the new operator cosmetic handling....the hoods could use a third option to toggle the base on or off. For example, the Varida hood is a hoop on the neck when you're using any suit besides the Varida suit. Originally, I had meshed the Varida hood with the Koppra suit for a pretty neat look. With the way things are handled now, that same look is impossible. I feel it's a step backwards in terms of customization, but adding in an option to toggle the base of the hoods like what's used in the Varida hood would help eliminate the poor clipping we had prior to this update yet still maintain our ability to customize our Tenno as they were prior to this update.

Something I have noticed is that since the mainline my favorited colors keep getting cleared everytime I log in, specifically the shades of red, gray, purple, and white that I use. This forces me to have to go back constantly and re-favorite the colors as well as re-apply them to any frames or equipment that used them (basically all of my equipment).  

2 hours ago, HoldanMaikok said:

A nitpicky thing I noticed after the initial update: you cannot start a melee channel while sprinting. In order to begin channeling, you have to stop sprinting. Just a small QoL bit

I can't get my melee weapons to channel at all. I tried the above suggestion and stopped sprinting before I tried channelling, but still no luck. There used to be a visual and audio effect to indicate chanelling was turned on (in addition to the energy drain), but I'm not getting either effect and am not getting the benefits from channelling. I even made sure to double-check my settings to verify the buttons for my controller were all mapped correctly. Kind of defeats the purpose of having Life Strike on my melee weapon if channelling isn't working. :sad:

13 minutes ago, Tweekey said:

Can't even update the game. I was at work all day so I didn't get to install the original update. Anyway, the launcher gets to about 2-3% progress in the update, then says it failed.

^ This. It keeps checking for new content and failing. Ridiculous. Friday releases are a bad idea.

16 minutes ago, Tweekey said:

Can't even update the game. I was at work all day so I didn't get to install the original update. Anyway, the launcher gets to about 2-3% progress in the update, then says it failed.

1 minute ago, Hyohakusha said:

^ This. It keeps checking for new content and failing. Ridiculous. Friday releases are a bad idea.

They did plan for a Thursday release, too. But that NEVER works out.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Removed the requirement to be higher than Initiate to replicate Clan Research - further review of this initial change is required.

To fix this:  create a role for access to BP, allow us to assign it.

This way each clan can choose when and who gets promoted and who has access to BP.

Frankly as a large clan I want everyone to have BPs right away.  We aren't in danger of losing anyone to this, it's really only smaller clans that have that issue for the most part.

2 hours ago, Steel_Centurion said:

Please fix the FX on the targis prime armor and please add a prime parts toggle for umbra's skins!

I don't think they'll ever put a Prime Parts Toggle on Umbra Excalibur because Umbra Excalibur isn't a Prime to begin with.

It's Umbra Excalibur. Not Excalibur Prime nor is it Umbra Excalibur Prime.

46 minutes ago, Nox_Terminus said:

In the Dojo the glow on the key lighting 'glass' is extremely muted, and the overall contrast has been dropped significantly. This has led to a drop in the visual aesthetic of any dojo that uses the full range of colors to impart contrast or to match particular aesthetics.

Warframe0751.jpg

Above: This what my Dojo looked like prior to the update. Notice how the Key lighting panels are bright, and emit a glow. Additionally the overall contrast is visible.

Warframe0779.jpg

Above: This is what my Dojo looks like now. Notice how the Key lighting panels look muted and desaturated, and do not emit a glow. Additionally the overall contrast has somehow been reduced.

Changing my display options doesn't seem to affect this at all.

This is why I suggested to the devs they have a slider for the volume.  Give each clan control over what they will and will not utilize.

Just going to throw some love out to DE. 

I know we have lots of bugs right now, but at least we are seeing something getting done... finally.

Honestly I think the way to handle this better in the future is to have small tweaks filter in over time rather than huge amounts of changes at once.

Having ongoing weekly threads for bugs and a dedicated team to fixing with direct feedback to that team would really improve QoL to the game and prevent massive bugs from destroying stuff for more than a few hours at the start of the day when something is deployed.

My Kavat's skin texture, no matter the pattern has aquired black splotches on her chest/face/belly: it looks like she is dirty. :(

Also, her whisker's and mane hair looks glitchy when viewed through certain back grounds in my ship.

16 minutes ago, Tweekey said:

They did plan for a Thursday release, too. But that NEVER works out.

They should have just waited till Monday and made sure it worked. I'd rather wait than have it pushed out because of a drought and not even be able to play.

Edit: Hey, now I'm down to 2.8k mb. Funny thing is, I've got a 3mb/ sec download speed, yet I'm only getting 70-260 KB/s. Just saw a 1,240 hour expected download time. Guess I'll just have to wait a week.

Archived