Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gara needs to be nerfed, hard.

Koed

13 hours ago, Serafinia said:

The forums exists to discuss thing and if you explain what mean the op to you then it is much easier to discuss instead of saying pointless to arguing with the other person.

You replied because you felt the need to say something and what I used examples are also has cover in the conversation only difference most of those abilities are aoe or clear damage abilities.

Zephyr also can facetank enemies with her turbulence but weak in close combat since that not reduce the damage from melee. Garas abilities does but eximus units exists to prevent us to beign godlike.

Also not many peoples use goldy builds where you own the whole map.

If that is a bug then it will be fixed or if it is a feature then it will be revisited by the devs if they feel that is too op.

fine then. 

those abilities dont add anything to the discussion because the reason you mentioned; they arent on same the league as splinter storm or shatter shield. they are damage abilities, not DR.

those abilities are very much more than just "useful", again, cus they let you to do whatever you want via letting you facetank anything without any real issues. eximii or whatever dont do anything to splinter storm at all. in fact, this ability(and any other ability that grants as much dr) lets you deal with eximii a lot better since you have a lot more breathing room.

people do use such builds when they can though. and there are no mention of bugs here or anything so what do you mean by "if its a bug"?

That combo is rediculously strong and everyone knows that. You could divide those numbers by 10 and it would still scale too much.

And it hurts Gara herself the most, because that broken synergy overshadows all other aspects and prevents fixing some of her issues, because she does so well.

* tone down the numbers of the combo, but make it more reliable (server(lient side issues, lag, etc)

* give spectorage a reason fo existing in higher difficulties

Edited by Sahansral

15 hours ago, (PS4)iQuedas said:

Gara is not OP. This combo of hers is broken, but it also takes too much time and management/effort to pull off, the area of effect is too small. So, I don't think it deserves high nerf priority. Sonicor and VS on the other hand...

I think you meant the staticor. And this was fixed in the mainline update. Range no longer scales based on damage. It’s also why people who didn’t know about the staticor/voidstrike combo don’t understand why DE made this Change. Looking at you Brozime. 

Her 100 billion damage needs super long time to build up, plus it's not an ability that can nuke rooms, so it won't be nerfed.

So you would spend time to build up the damage in a mission to... let's say kill a sortie 3 boss. Well, I won't. I rather use some other frames that can do it in a short time.

Splinter Storm is really only useful in lower missions. 

As people have pointed out, the million damage stacking takes time and it is pointless in 99% of the content. The quick stacking for some 50k/tick is great in lower content but becomes kinda weak on its own at sortie 3 levels or higher. The armor of mobs is simply negating the damage it does.

She's fine as she is and needs no nerf because she can wipe lower content. Most other frame outperform her higher up when it comes to both offense, utility and defense.

staticor currently got 8m aoe shot both uncharged / charged shot , i don't if this intent or not , but in changelog , it wrote "

• Increased Staticor's charged shot AoE size from 2m to 8m and is no longer affected by charge level." , right?

Just now, CupcakesMoo said:

Needing another frame to run in combination. Do we have an octavia on demand in every situation? No. 

Didn't mean she needed Octavia. I meant that those 2 are the 2 best frames in the game (plus one or two others). 

Damage Done rarely means anything, especially when you can meme as chroma and get 99% damage with one opticor shot.  Now damage done + kills with a team of damage frames we might have something.  Just saying "OMG it's OP" with no real proof aside from a video saying that the build really isn't that OP but is viable doesn't make it OP.

Edit: And no, don't tell me to try it, I won't do your homework for you.

One of the reasons issues I have issues taking this post seriously is you started talking about how broken splinter storm is, and then backpeddled off of it and talked about the 4-1 combo (which admittedly does do stupid damage), but also has slow animations and cost a fair amount of energy, the issue comes when a warframe becomes like mag was for a long time because of these topics when they were relatively fine before (or ember currently lel).  When someones frame becomes not fun to play, they stop playing, so balance must be careful, and done with actual information, and often those frames are just left with dust on them never to see the light of day till months, or even a year or two later.

Edited by Bobveela

I understand preferring niches but lately all the new game modes with endemic rewards seem to be designed with frames that do well against scaling enemies in endless mission types in mind.

Hopefully the next new mission types will consist of more puzzles, spies, and stalky-hunting.

Um I use Gara alot and you have to work to keep and build that damage, you need to balance duration with dmg and it is a high energy costing set up, as you are using your 4 and 1 quite often. So no she is not OP, she is powerful when used right, but it takes work to keep it up and thus by DE's thinking not something that needs to be nerf since it does not clear maps and is not a click and forget. the 90% dmg reduction is also fine since it is one of many powers in the game that do the same type of thing.

Except it takes forever to stack and effort to keep it up. And its completely irrelevant because it's overkill even for ~lvl 500 (that is 80+ waves defense or 2+ hrs survival which only 20 people play) and its only short melee range.  Much fuss about large numbers that dont matter.

38 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Didn't mean she needed Octavia. I meant that those 2 are the 2 best frames in the game (plus one or two others). 

There are so many frames that are better than Gara. Even Vauban that is one of the worst is a better defensive option due to his unlimited unconditional CC, Khora comes shortly after and is also very tanky, plus provides a nice damage buff. And if you want an actual shielder Frost simply outshines Gara without a doubt. He gets massive debuffs and a strong globe in the same build.

For personal tanking/survivability there are even more frames that puts her even further back on the list. All of them bringing far better utility or damage than she can ever provide.

3 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

There are so many frames that are better than Gara. Even Vauban that is one of the worst is a better defensive option due to his unlimited unconditional CC

Gara don't need CC in defense when she can nuke the entire map up until and including sortie level (depending on the mods on your melee weapon that is),

Edited by rune_me

9 hours ago, Zeclem said:

fine then. 

those abilities dont add anything to the discussion because the reason you mentioned; they arent on same the league as splinter storm or shatter shield. they are damage abilities, not DR.

those abilities are very much more than just "useful", again, cus they let you to do whatever you want via letting you facetank anything without any real issues. eximii or whatever dont do anything to splinter storm at all. in fact, this ability(and any other ability that grants as much dr) lets you deal with eximii a lot better since you have a lot more breathing room.

people do use such builds when they can though. and there are no mention of bugs here or anything so what do you mean by "if its a bug"?

Firstly I mentionned Mesas damage reduction, nidus faster self healing and iron skin. Also Nezhas halo which can be shared with an augment. Nezha got a nerf on that because that was a 100% damage reduction and DE felt 100% no needed but actually his halo like iron skin decrease with hits. Garas splinter storm has a duration and it costs energy too and the energy leech eximuses pretty much good way to leech your energy before you can cast again. It depend on the hardiness of mobs and the amount of them. I am not mentionning now energy pizzas and zenurik energy refresh which is a thing but that does not save you in a long run if you are overrun by eximuses. Also the majority of the players never will goes to that level where you can deal huge amount of damage and nor the majority have those mods what the op used. Also not everyone min maxer.

And the 90% damage reduction still mean there is 10% of chance to the enemies to hit you or 10 shot and 1 hit. If you replace it with huge damage numbers then still you can feel the hits if you reach high levels where enemies can one shot you. Stat wise Gara is not a powerhorse only her energy management is very well but still she needs to work for her better damage output and be tanky. 

About the bug part. Because I never went to that high levels nor I tried the new game mode so I can say I didn't reached this kind of level of damage output what the op reached and thats why I mention what if that is just a bug or some weird number generation. In reality it is possible but her ability not scale ultimately and on a level that ability also become less meaningful.

Frames overall needs a way to reduce damage or use cc in order to survive and in this case banshee and mag is a fine examples because these frames has no any damage reduction at all they needs different abilities to prevent the one shots. Mesa, Rhino, Gara, Inaros, Nidus, Nezha, Valkry, Wukong, Frost, Oberon, even Chroma has ways to do this Titania has an option to shrink and become less easy target but still on high level can be ones shot because she has a low energy capacity and management.

The enemy scaling, eximuses and maybe environmental hazards are exists to slowing down us while we have to use both abilities and gears to survive in harder content.

I don't think she needs to be nerfed just because on a rare situation someone using a special build which can go insane on a level where the playerbase 95% does not play.

If you feel the 90% damage reduction is op on frames then add some suggestion how to prevent the one shot, how avoid, how doge, add to the table then every frame needs their hp/shield armor stats increased in order to compensate the losses in ability wise.

The parkour and doge itself not enough because the mobs auto aim and most of them hit scan so good luck to avoid them. Splinter storm has a small range compared what saryn spores and old ember wof did. " in fact ember was not so great at all on high level " but it did the same on lower content.

If these numbers are proven bug then they can fix it or if these numbers are direct then they will overlook sometime but instead of saying nerf say something what you feel what should have been changed and how balance it.

34 minutes ago, (XB1)T0PP HATT said:

Only game i know of where kids want things nerfed!!!! These kids aren't that smart........beats all i have seen in gaming.....maybe they need to go back to Destiny........

It's called balance, some people might not like that one frame is more powerful, also in this case Gara is a very powerful frame with what appears to be uncapped damage (idk I don't play gara). It's called player opinions which we're all entitled to. Oh and just an FYI if 1 frame appears too strong then everyone and their grandmother will play it.

People using the "go back to destiny" meme should just stop. You're not smart or funny. 

44 minutes ago, (XB1)T0PP HATT said:

Only game i know of where kids want things nerfed!!!! These kids aren't that smart........beats all i have seen in gaming.....maybe they need to go back to Destiny........

I never played Destiny. 

And am also pretty sure I'm older than you.

But I could easily make you a list of things I would want nerfed (not really Gara, though).

15 hours ago, rune_me said:

Gara don't need CC in defense when she can nuke the entire map up until and including sortie level (depending on the mods on your melee weapon that is),

My point is she does what other frames do, but not as good. Everything she does needs to be managed down to the last component.

She needs a specific weapon setup, she needs to synergize her skills etc. Most other frames simply do it better just through their frame setup, without having to worry about bringing specific mods on a weapon. Volt, Saryn, Mag, Enox, Rev, Mesa and Octavia already does the AoE clearing better than Gara and they bring alot more to the group in the process.