The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chimera: Hotfix 23.10.3

[DE]Megan

11 hours ago, 10-N0 said:

Thanks for all the hard work DE. After that huge update some hotfixes were expected. 

Please also address that, it is very very very very annoying to put the ayatan stars one by one in the slots of the sculptures. Would it be possible for giving us the option for putting all of the stars at once?

Also, We have tons of Radiant/ Brilliant eidolon shards piling up. Would be great to use those resources. Like converting them into something different. eg. Kuva/ Endo.

Pablo already confirmed the auto install button on ayatan stars it's coming

Some suggestions on how to possibly solve the operator customization. I posted this in a bug-thread while ago with some more elaborating, but this TLDR image sums it up pretty good I think. I would just like to see the different sets of clothes/armors follow the same standard, without hurting modularity, and without the need of adding more features. It's mostly just a matter of defining seams and splitting things into appropriate categories/slots, and then making sure that future content follow the same standards to avoid this kind of chaos.

PCdnUuX.jpg

Yesterday the game crashed for the first time in my 11 months of playing Warframe.  Was simply leaving the dojo to go back to my Orbiter.  The game freezes, screen goes black, and then I am returned to my Windows desktop.  This happened not only once but three times before I finally did a re-install.  It is better now but I did have another crash while leaving Cetus to go back to my Orbiter.  All these crashes have me worried, is it simply a script error?  I have verified the download cache and optimized, I have my Win 10 set up for gaming, and using 1GB internet speed.

It's such a shame about the operator cosmetics overhaul. It was about 90% of the way there to being really great but let down by that last 10%.

Just looking at them, there was a lot of work done rejigging the cosmetics and the operator model. The only real problems were moving the hood's collar piece onto the shirt and the legs always using their pants instead of inheriting it from the shirt. It lost some nice options for mixing and matching, and some of the little things like putting no hood on the zariman suit to show the undersuit.

If they could change it to a more layered approach where you can pick and match hood, collar piece, shirt, pants and boots it'd be perfect. Really looking forward to what they do with the second rollout.

23 minutes ago, Sigma-118 said:

Whats wrong with the operator fashion changes? I think they worked out pretty well

Where to start? 😄 In short, the whole lower body of clothing sets has been merged into one piece, like the armors, which takes away customization possibilities we used to have. "Hood"-pieces has been split to partly be merged with the torso-piece, which makes no sense in most cases (I honestly think this was WIP that wasn't supposed to ship with the patch at all). Massive clipping issues with combinations that used to look great. Parts are even missing on some clothes, and the physics are awkward. 

They did however make some great underlying changes as well, so I don't want them to just revert back to how it used to be, which was painful in other ways. The problem is how they have split the outfits, converting the clothes to the way armors were done, when it should've been the other way around. Also the fact that some outfits seem to not have been designed for this customizing system at all, which of course becomes problematic. The content need to follow proper standards.

9 hours ago, SirTobe said:

One thing I want to adress on the gear menu however is that when you're in the gear menu in Arsenal, the mouse cursor always has a gear slot marked, so when trying to press "Back" in the lower right corner to get back to Arsenal base menu, it will click into the equip gear menu. It creates a silly loop for people navigating with mouse only. You can of course still hit Esc to get back out to Arsenal, but still, it makes the "Back" button useless.

Oh please, that's an issue so small that it's not even on DE's radar. How do I know? Because I've been having something similar, only much worse, ever since they 'improved' the controller support. https://gfycat.com/demandinglonelycockroach Having to hit Esc on one screen nobody ever goes to is nothing compared to having to use the mouse cursor to click the Exit button on almost every single screen, including most of the most often used ones.

Just noticed now, when doing fissure corpus moa will get stuck both if spawned by fissure or transformed, normal moa is fine though can just watch them shooting -> transformed -> and it'll stuck shaking its leg indefinitely. Result with fissure spawned moa inconsistent, sometimes they stuck, sometimes they don't.

32 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Oh please, that's an issue so small that it's not even on DE's radar. How do I know? Because I've been having something similar, only much worse, ever since they 'improved' the controller support. https://gfycat.com/demandinglonelycockroach Having to hit Esc on one screen nobody ever goes to is nothing compared to having to use the mouse cursor to click the Exit button on almost every single screen, including most of the most often used ones.

If you read the patch-notes you'll see that the new gear-menu is very much on their radar right now, and they are asking for feedback, so why not mention any experienced issues before they move on to next problem? It was not an issue before Chimera patch as far as I can remember, so it's fresh and seems easy to fix.

Not sure how much focus they have on gamepads for the pc-version of the game though 😛 I certainly didn't expect there were still people using Steam controllers, lol. Those touchpads are pure horror.

Great, but these cosmetic fixes aren't the issue here.
volt's discharge not working ine ESO
Terrible matchmaking and host migrations
Chat tab bugs
Arbitations crap spawn rates

THESE are the issues that need attention. QoL updates mean jack S#&$e when the game doesn't work properly

39 minutes ago, InvalidName404 said:

Just noticed now, when doing fissure corpus moa will get stuck both if spawned by fissure or transformed, normal moa is fine though can just watch them shooting -> transformed -> and it'll stuck shaking its leg indefinitely. Result with fissure spawned moa inconsistent, sometimes they stuck, sometimes they don't.

Getting the same behaviour. It seems to be normal moa mobs, that gets corrupted  and ends up stuck in the corruption animation.

14 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Chimera: Hotfix 23.10.3

As mentioned in Hotfix 23.10.2, the earliest ETA on fixes for Operator cosmetic issues were designated for today, but it's taking longer than expected. The team has two plans in place to get your Operator fashion frame back into shape as quickly as possible: a revert and a more careful re-release.. This revert itself is also very involved due to the large quantity of content that was changed, so this will take a bit more time. Worry not, they’re dedicated to restore and elevate Operator Fashion Frame to its glory - we thank you for your patience! A more careful re-release that better respects seams and existing looks will come!

Please continue to point your Chimera issues to our Megathread:

Additions:

• Added Prime grip trail colour FXs.

Changes:

• The Gear Spiral now restricts duplicate Gear items (Apothics, Stims), with the exception of Dragon Keys! The bug turned feature of ability to equip all Dragon Keys shall live to hobble another day!
  • Reduced the sound of Chat notifications. 

AI Fixes:
With our Mainline update, we refactored the Locomotion system (which is the code that controls how AI find their way around the level) - primarily to allow us to have AI switch between different movement modes (eg walking & flying). These AI code changes have resulted in multiple scenarios of AI struggling to respect current level pathing, which are the issues being noticed post Update 23.10.0. Below are improvements to the new issues and investigation continues into other reports (Arbitration AI, etc):

• Fixed clogged spawn flow of Corpus enemies on Interception/Defense Corpus Ice Planet tileset. Enemies were observed getting primarily stuck in the initial spawn room.
  • Fixed numerous issues with Drone-type enemies not traversing at all in Defense missions. 

Fixes:
We’re aware and investigating an issue with the Mask of the Revenant quest not progressing once you meet the prerequisites listed in the Codex - hold tight while we solve!

• Fixed a crash that would occur on 32-bit systems when loading Cetus / Plains of Eidolon.
  • Fixed various crashes and game hangs. 
  • Fixed various script errors that would occur while using the new Gear Wheel.
  • Fixes towards a script error upon entering/leaving the Plains of Eidolon.
  • Fixed an issue where Power Donation could allow for true <0% Power Strength scenarios. 
  • Fixed Khora Accumulating Whipclaw Augment success sound playing even when you don't have the Augment equipped.
  • Fixed the Arca Plasmor's projectiles bouncing off walls instead of exploding on impact. 
  • Fixed an issue with the Daily Tribute tooltip showing '80 Endo' at all times, even when it is not 80. 
  • Fixed an issue where Dynamic Exposure would randomly turn everything black. 
  • Fixed the Kunshu Syandana having invisible collision on Saryn Skins.
  • Fixed the Sildarg Syandana clipping through Saryn Skins.
  • Fixed the Nidus Phryke Skin appearing to slightly shake when viewing the Star Chart. 
  • Fixed some lurking [PH] tags. 
  • Fixed some missing text strings. 

can there also be afix for all the stuff i lost from this nwe update E.G my golden uncle teshin statue and 4 ayatan stucltures and the ember noggle from the relay event 

Archived