Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please let us roll out of Volt's speed!!!

ReptiloidLaythre

I find this forced "buff" to be incredibly annoying in pub squads, and 99% of the time it's an unwanted effect that completely ruins my gameplay flow.

Why should 3 players be forced into this effect just because 1 player can't stop spamming his ability? For those who do want it, fair enough. All I'm asking is the option to opt-out.

Edited by ReptiloidLaythre

3 minutes ago, .Fire_Fly. said:

THE OPTION IS ALREADY THERE

roll BACKWORDS

COMPLETELY COUNTER INTUITIVE AND BREAKS THE FLOW OF MOVEMENT, JUST LIKE SPEED.

WHY SHOULD WE HAVE TO BREAK MOVEMENT JUST TO STOP AN ABILITY BREAKING MOVEMENT?

I CAN YELL TOO.

Edited by DeMonkey

WHY DO YOU EVEN DISLIKE SPEED'?!??!?!??! IT HELPS YOU WITH LITERALY EVERYTHING!!

BUT TO BE COMPLETELY HONEST, I PREFERED IT WHEN THE SPEED BUFF WAS A PICKUP FROM THE VOLT COIL WHEN ABILITY ACTIVATED! I DON'T MIND THE SPEED IN THE LEAST WHEN PLAYING SOMETHING ELSE, BUT APPARENTLY PEOPLE DON'T LIKE BUFFS AND LIKE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT EVERYTHING!!!

I'M TOTALY NOT TYPING IN ALL CAPS ON PURPOSE, I SWEAR ON ME MUM!

1 hour ago, Acersecomic said:

BUT APPARENTLY PEOPLE DON'T LIKE BUFFS

Because to everyone it is not a buff.

Inb4 "it's an increase to a stat, it's therefore a buff". There is a limit to how much you can increase that stat before it becomes uncomfortable for people. Else you could argue that a +3000% bonus to speed would also be a buff, despite the fact that literally no one would be able to control their frame.

So just to make this as clear as humanly possible, different people have different tolerances for speed. If their speed exceeds their tolerance, it is no longer a buff.

Edited by DeMonkey

The best option would be while I don't find these buffs problematics " I am a Titania main and I am mostly using tribute " an option in the menu like the contextual reloading what I instant clicked out because I want reload when I want to. A same option for buffing abilities would be nice with an option to turn off other warframe abilities that affects you then it is done. Like we can turn off Octavia's music.

Edited by Szuna

4 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

Ok. DE introduce an item that can go in the gear wheel that refuses all player buffs. 

I don't agree with roll because rolling let's you go faster with speed.

Thats silly, an item to negate all buffs ... 

Back-rolling is already harmful to the "flow" of gameplay for most players ... having to roll backwards breaks the train of movement and therefore is intolerable because it slows people down ... see the irony in that?

Edited by Errodin

4 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

Ok. DE introduce an item that can go in the gear wheel that refuses all player buffs. 

Players can activate it once per mission when they don't want speed. The tears this makes is unreal.

Please do this and then un-ruin Limbo. Thanks 

Again, I call for the option for players to opt out of specific warframe abilities in the options menu. Not everyone wants to be boosted/affected by specific frames for a myriad of reasons - threads like this would be answered and players would be able to retain control of their game.

Edited by Mach25

3 minutes ago, Emperrier said:

Please do this and then un-ruin Limbo. Thanks 

To be honest though, speed isn't an issue. For missions where it is prevalent, usually it's a mission in which people want to be completed quickly.

In all other instances, it's really about, and I'm going to say it...skill. being able to adapt to movent changes is a skill in itself. Same reason why people don't like Zephyr. Alterations to movement. 

I feel like everyone's first instance when they see something featured in Warframe that they don't like is to immediately complain rather than work through the issue. 

The way everyone makes it sound, there are Volts in every single lobby terrorizing people.

30 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

WHY DO YOU EVEN DISLIKE SPEED'?!??!?!??! IT HELPS YOU WITH LITERALY EVERYTHING!!

BUT TO BE COMPLETELY HONEST, I PREFERED IT WHEN THE SPEED BUFF WAS A PICKUP FROM THE VOLT COIL WHEN ABILITY ACTIVATED! I DON'T MIND THE SPEED IN THE LEAST WHEN PLAYING SOMETHING ELSE, BUT APPARENTLY PEOPLE DON'T LIKE BUFFS AND LIKE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT EVERYTHING!!!

I'M TOTALY NOT TYPING IN ALL CAPS ON PURPOSE, I SWEAR ON ME MUM!

Speed can get annoying in places like Eris tile set where there’s a bunch of junk everywhere for you to get stuck on.

Not everyone likes the unwanted buffs from other frames. The speed is one of the buffs which can affect you badly because in the corridor maps and parts which filled with a lot of silly barricades or invisible walls it can stop your flow and you will wait till the buffs end or try to play with it but often mess your favoured gameflow. A simple option in the menu can provide a proper solution instead adding band aid solutions which we have a lot already in game.

I know the devs when developed these frames they meant to coop and teaming with other players but they should have know not everyone will likes if someone spam an ability and it affects it's gameplay. It is not bad we have frames which can provide boosts to your team but boost like speed is drasticly can affect the game flow while a Valkyr or Rhino buff is only affecting your weapons mostly. 

A button of some kind sure. Rolling is a bit too integral to the fast movement, though. It'd just bother the people who want the buff.

Maybe just tying it to the gear wheel button could work? And let people remap it? I don't think there's a reason to be using gear when using that buff...

3 minutes ago, Serafinia said:

Not everyone likes the unwanted buffs from other frames. The speed is one of the buffs which can affect you badly because in the corridor maps and parts which filled with a lot of silly barricades or invisible walls it can stop your flow and you will wait till the buffs end or try to play with it but often mess your favoured gameflow. A simple option in the menu can provide a proper solution instead adding band aid solutions which we have a lot already in game.

I know the devs when developed these frames they meant to coop and teaming with other players but they should have know not everyone will likes if someone spam an ability and it affects it's gameplay. It is not bad we have frames which can provide boosts to your team but boost like speed is drasticly can affect the game flow while a Valkyr or Rhino buff is only affecting your weapons mostly. 

Will if that's the case I don't like the CC Limbo brings to the team. It binders my gameplay be removing all threat and and making missions take longer.

DE should add a button to the options menu to opt out of Limbo being in my squad. Or what else can I do?

1 minute ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

Will if that's the case I don't like the CC Limbo brings to the team. It binders my gameplay be removing all threat and and making missions take longer.

DE should add a button to the options menu to opt out of Limbo being in my squad. Or what else can I do?

Noone says we need a Button to ignore all Limbos we are talking about abilities. If someone not wish to use an unwanted buff then it should be given an option to ignore it. If you don't want to go with Limbos a recruit chat as it does with other warframes but if you don't have problem overall with a frame but only a specific ability which affects you then you should have an option to ignore that one specific. It is not like if I don't want listen octavias abilities then turn off the speakers. They know or should know when they design a warframe which have an ability to affect your gameplay and that ability buff / area control / debuff Etc can bad in some situation then you can turn off them if you don't want it or turn on if you don't have any problem with it.

[Sigh] This again...

Okay, history lesson; for about three months in 2017 DE experimented with the different ways to opt-out or even to opt-in to Speed.

The first option, and I mean the first option, they tried was rolling forwards out of it.

They didn't keep it, or anything else they tried, because of one, essential, and please understand that this isn't a dig at you, or anyone else, who doesn't like Speed; the vast majority of the player base prefers to have Speed than to not have Speed.

That was the result.

Everything they tried, about ten or twelve different variations over those months, didn't work or was shot down for different reasons.

What we have, the backflip, is what is known as 'The Lesser Evil'. It's not good, we know that. Every other method is just worse. Not because it's not convenient for people opting out, either, no, it's worse because it stops the one thing that DE doesn't want to stop; the player using Volt needs to be able to cast the ability and stay in it for the duration.

And that's it, really. The problem with Speed is that DE wants to ensure that Speed stays a team buff, and that it has a way out for players that want one, but it has to be a way out that does not make it difficult for the players that want Speed to actually use Speed (because those people are in the vast majority).

Also, while I'm here:

7 minutes ago, Mach25 said:

Again, I call for the option for players to opt out of squad abilities in the options menu. Not everyone wants to be boosted/affected by specific frames for a myriad of reasons - threads like this would be answered and players would be able to retain control of their game.

The problem with this is that abilities that interfere with certain styles of play are often imposed so that there are results from those abilities that you would not normally be able to achieve.

For example, Limbo's Rift. Opt out of that and suddenly you are left with a two-way choice. You either ensure that player cannot then benefit from the Rift at all, meaning that the enemies Limbo Rifts are completely un-killable to you (exactly as if you had been Rifted and they hadn't), inverting the problem, not solving it, or you do allow players to benefit from the Rift without entering it, being able to kill enemies and those enemies kill them, but being able to completely break the game's power balance by also benefiting from Limbo's Crowd Control in situations where even Limbo can't.

It's not something DE are likely to look into, in case it leads to specifically tailoring your settings to benefit from things that players who were playing normally would not. Like being able to opt out of the Invulnerability on Harrow's 4, letting you benefit from, say, Chroma's abilities for Vex Armour, but then still getting the team-wide Crit buffs, making that profoundly unfair to players that don't opt out.

Speed is, and will continue to be, a problem for players that can't, don't, or won't adapt to the change in controls and timing. We can't avoid that, because the player base is so large.

But the overwhelming result of the experiments into Speed from 2017 was that players and DE actually do want Speed to stay the same, and that the most convenient opt-out that they could give us, for the forseeable future, was the backflip.

It's not good, it's not even really helpful for the people that want to opt out, but it's the least inconvenient method that DE can (or is willing to) give us.

I've been here since before 2017.

I'll lay it out plainly: I was proposing giving players the ability to avoid being affected what I clearly said was specific abilities, not all of them - that is to say, those abilities that directly interfere with your ability to engage in the game, such as speed, that can serve as a hindrance to the player.

Forcing players to roll to counter this breaks the flow of combat, going against the game aesthetic and, therefore, this is not a solution. If a Volt player keeps popping Speed, are you going to turn into Sonic the Hedgehog? If so, where are the emeralds?

Since speed affects melee as well, which is very important to melee players and the current melee system relies on timed combos, this issue will continue to crop up from time to time. The issue we're talking about here is simplistic in nature. Especially with the advent of Melee 3.0, there are players talking about going right past their intended targets with some mechanic changes already. I'm not simply looking at today, I'm looking towards the future as well. With Melee 3.0 coming up, this issue may be exacerbated and lead to more threads such as this popping up. Then, you will feel the need to write in all of them,

2 hours ago, Thaylien said:

[Sigh] This again...

Edited by Mach25

3 hours ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

Ok. DE introduce an item that can go in the gear wheel that refuses all player buffs

Players can activate it once per mission when they don't want speed. The tears this makes is unreal.

1. trinity DR and possible the heal of blessing
  2. oberon iron and normal renewal 
  3. mesmier skin from reverent dashing though you
  4. nezha warding halo augment
  5. rhino roar
  6. octavia passive 3 and 4 
  7. ash smoke screen augment
  8. chroma vex armor elemental ward 
  9. equinox day power strength aura and night shield restore aura on 4 
  10. frost icy avalanche armor augment
  11. gara splinter storm 
  12. harrow 3 and 4 
  13. mesa shooting gallery 
  14. total eclipse mirage 
  15. nidus parasitic link 
  16. titania tributes 
  17. valkyr warcry 
  18. volt speed (the specific buff you want gone already has a method of being removed)
  19. khora venari heal 
  20. loki safegaurd switch
  21. ivara empowered quiver augment 
  22. limbo banish (haven or not is debatable but here because it gives more energy regen so its a buff) 
  23. ember flash Accelerant

i miss any one? if so please someone say so 

that is a bad idea sir just to prevent one buff but also stop every other one ive listed speed already be removed just because people dont like how its removed the "tears are unreal" is because people dont want to break their already broken flow of movement due to volt to stop it yet nothing is stopping you from using your improved speed finding a wall and back flipping against it so you dont actually go anywhere and then continue onward yes volt can give it to you again if he wants but if you dont want it that how you get rid of it people are complaining about a problem that already has a solution they just dont like since it makes them go backwards well here turn around and back flip each time he gives it your still moving forward that way then and getting rid of it