Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Round 3 Sorite Defense with Corpus

(PSN)petestacks

So I am curious as to what the community brings to this map.  Trying to keep the target alive turns into the focal point of the mission, making it tough to kill the enemies.  I am hoping that the consensus is NOT to bring Limbo and all that.  Just looking for advice or opinions on load outs and tactics.  Or, if the general feel is "Hey, I don't need another sculpture that bad so I skip it" I get that too.  Thanks.

Kill everything that moves ? Instead of defending, pro-actively attack them before they get close to him.
Enemies will always prioritize you first if you are actively holding their aggro.
Sortie 3 corpus defense is about priorities.

Rule of thumb
1) Kill sapper osprey first. You can't protect him if you are dead !
2) Kill nullifiers. So your nukers can do their job, corpus have no armor (barring certain ones) so well specced nuking frames can really clean house once nullifiers are gone.
3) Keep an eye on the target.

If you are looking for recommended frames, a max slow Nova can really help out and bring down enemies swarms to a much more manageable level.

Edited by fatpig84

Phoenix Renewal Oberon. Works well enough for me although I went down twice today as I was grouped with TWO LIMBOS and a VAUBAN. It was a nerve wracking experience, really, given the heavy lag as well as getting stuck twice.

So hey, it's not too bad.

This is the one single mission where I dont mind having a limbo on squad. Banish is better than other methods of protecting him because he likes to walk around too much for frost.

Everyone else just is there to kill stuff.

A Unairu Operator can also work wonders on this.

Edited by Erytroxylin

13 minutes ago, (PS4)petestacks said:

I am hoping that the consensus is NOT to bring Limbo and all that. 

Hate to break this to you, but, as far as I'm concerned, that is the best tactic for actually defending the operative is to Banish him. Cataclysm's imperfect because he can walk out of it, but if he himself is Banished, then he can't.

Octavia you can use Resonator + Mallet to pull aggro.

Revenant with a 4 focused build.

Inaros + Amprex/Ignis Wraith/Arca Plasmor/Phantasma (pick the one you like the best)

You can honestly take anyone. The problem are the nullies. Just bring something that can eat through nully shield and you'll be fine.

Protip: Even if the target goes down, you have a timer to revive him 🙂 

Normally I just spam some CC.

1 - Zephyr - Use Turbulence and stick to the objective

2 - Loki (high range build) - Disarm enemies often and use some AoE or high range melee to kill the groups of enemies that will be flocking towards the defense target.

3 - Nova (slow) - Don't use her.

4 - Khora - Place strangledome in two key points.

Tentacle boy with a fast Heavy Blade Zaw using Tempo Royale and Exodia Hunt was pretty much easy mode when I tried it. 

You just hang near the target and pound on the ground near him, everything gets slurped to you by Exodia Hunt and the tentacles from the passive alone were probably enough to have cleared things, but when you play hentaiframe it feels wrong if you don't bring squidward to join the fun.

I was trying the kill them first approach last night, but still seemed to have to run back to the target multiple times to revive him.  Then to top it all off the target started to play night of the living dead and need a revive, but still wander around the map, so it was impossible to revive him.

You're referring to yesterday's offering? Yeah it is tough. 

We did OK yesterday with the following group:

• Oberon 
  • Vauban
  • Saryn 
  • Valkyr

Oberon and Vauban were key here, for heals and CC. Valkyr didn't bring too much to the table other than survivability (which is still useful under the circumstances), and Saryn for spores. We had a few rough patches but in the end, teamwork ruled the day.

I hate to say it but a max range limbo and a mesa make it a cakewalk.  Mesas peacemaker works through cataclysm.  Just prioritize killing nullifyers asap when they appear and make sure you have some energy pizzas.  The other 2 frames can be almost anything.  Even a bubble spamming frost is good with mesa if you just can't stand limbo that much

I'd just play sonar banshee like usual

Press 2 every 30 seconds or so, and just shoot everyone to death. don't bother with doing anything else or casting any other powers.

maybe bring an assault rifle like the braton vandal. or the dera.

if the sortie defence guy goes down you can always just press 5, v, then hold x over his body to rez him. works everytime

Mag.

Take your best secondary and give it to the squishy. Stay near the squishy and do what Mag does best - CC and destroy everything that enters the map. You may need to occasionally revive the squishy, use your kiddo in void mode to do that. Never had a problem when using this strategy.

The most annoying part of this mission on Lua is that enemies sometimes get stuck in a far away corner and you have to chase them down. Mag (or any other AOE-nuke frame really) will also help with that.