Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Riven Disposition Changes

[DE]Connor

4 minutes ago, KentuckyKid_69 said:

Not crying at all, just making my point here. Nobody should impose how to play upon others for the sake of "balancing". The problem is nerfing when it should be buffing the stuff which is not good at the moment. 

No. Get this "no nerf, only buff" mind set out. You can't fix something that's OP by making everything else OP, then what's the point of balance?

Something needed to be done, heck the disposition change was small. like under one point(?) Could have been worse.

8 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

No, no it's not. It's bad balancing logic.

God enough with the petty hyperbole it's not helping your case, if anything it makes you all look like over entitled man babies.

Obviously you dont have god teir rivs you achieved by rolling thousands of kuva on. And for you to say its balance, then say its bad balance logic tells me a lot about your logic and opinion. Kick rocks. This was a bad decision on DEs part and not thought threw at all. And its costing them a lot of their long time investors. If you think differently then like i said before. You havnt spent the time i have or a lot of players have to acquire certain things just to have DE make it useless, just because they wanted some weapons that werent being used to be used.... Or because of a price of something in a free market that they created. They  just made a really bad decision and the proof is obvious. This forums length is that proof

4 minutes ago, (XB1)WryWoodenman said:

Obviously you dont have god teir rivs you achieved by rolling thousands of kuva on.

Yes, *cough* i sure don't have *cough* a small sub set of heavily RNG laced rivens. Whatever you say to keep the tears at bay.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)WryWoodenman said:

They  just made a really bad decision and the proof is obvious. This forums length is that proof

To quote starwars Just because you have the ability to speak doesn't mean you have  intelligence.

Gamers react worse to change than people with mental disabilities who's have reactions to change. This forum is proof of that.

In my opinion, the introduction of rivens into the game was in generally a mistake. But here is its correction, which we are now seeing ... I can not even call it a "correction." On this forum, the topic has only been discussed in my memory many times (and I started playing relatively recently - in the spring of this year).
People offered much more benign ways to solve the problem.
This is ignored. Instead of a thoughtful, gradual, respectful to the players process of correction - BAM! “Your rivens are now NOT worth anything. Your time and your platinum are worth NOTHING.” I do not think that this is the best solution.

I personally was lucky that now I am, in principle, emotionally completely calm. Because I lost interest in the game during the content drought, and took a break in the game before Fortune. At one time, I enjoyed the Rivens I bought, and I stopped buying them on time. (I just bought them, I hate grind and RNG so I did not roll them with Kuva.)

But I was counting with interest on returning to Fortune and again investing my money and my time in this game. Now I doubt this decision.

Looks like I'm not rich enough to play "free" games.

P.S. Sorry for my english is not my first language.

22 hours ago, kellerak said:

thanks for your opinion pleb

"people are better than me so i'm glad they are being robbed their hard work"

fortunately it doesnt work like this IRL

Not sure that is a general fact.

I have 90 rivens multiple of which are affected by this change. Including god Tiberon, Rubico, Opticor rivens that were just nerfed.

It was long my oppinion these riven system was greatly unbalanced, and needed an update. Atleast we got an update. I am grateful for that.

Personal Opinion: Rivens should really be based on the weapons viability, rather than popularity. 

If you keep it a popularity thing then you really need an automated system for it. Doing it by hand seems like a daunting experience for whoever is tied up doing it. 

3 minutes ago, Acos said:

Personal Opinion: Rivens should really be based on the weapons viability, rather than popularity. 

If you keep it a popularity thing then you really need an automated system for it. Doing it by hand seems like a daunting experience for whoever is tied up doing it. 

Not to mention popularity isn't always an accurate judge of power level. But if DE is going to keep it by popularity, they need to start adjusting them at frequent intervals. 

36 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

Yes, *cough* i sure don't have *cough* a small sub set of heavily RNG laced rivens. Whatever you say to keep the tears at bay.

To quote starwars Just because you have the ability to speak doesn't mean you have  intelligence.

Gamers react worse to change than people with mental disabilities who's have reactions to change. This forum is proof of that.

Lol.....really star wars, now i definitely know your opinions on this topic are irrelevant. And i noticed you avoided the part where you tried to justfy this nerf as balance, then back peddled by saying bad balance logic when i brought up the kohm not being nerfed. You obviously havnt got a clue of what your talking about. Go back to your star war game yoda. 

Just watched another elite mr25 long time player say he wont be back after this.... I cant believe it, dude had a 3yr account. Literally gonna uninstall over this decision DE has made. They really messed up. That made it 17 ppl they lost so far that just i know about. All of them being long time players. They better do something fast to fix this.

On 2018-11-08 at 3:24 PM, [DE]Connor said:

On another relevant note separate from these Disposition changes, we have removed Sentinel weapons from the Riven generation pool. Those that own Sentinel weapon Rivens will still own them in their Inventories. Unveiling a Sentinel weapon Riven was simply lackluster compared to more applicable weapons.

Undo this please. Market prices are going to get ridiculous for these "lackluster" rivens you seem to hate. You have no idea how powerful and useful some sentinel weapons can be with the right riven.

1. We are looking into ways for players to intentionally acquire Rivens for their robotic companions' weapons. They will remain outside the Riven generation pool, as previously stated

I hope Cephalon Samodeus is the one selling you. Please do it!

3 hours ago, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

Kohm DOESN'T NEED 100% status chance to be op.

Proof:

I already explained to you why the decision makes sense even if you disregard what someone considers OP (For example, I find your TTK in the vid extremely slow compared to what I'm used to with my kohm)

The kohm is at an appropriate disposition, if it were lowered it's usage would drop significantly more than any other weapon involved in this balance pass, so much so they would likely have to buff it the next go around. So instead of going through that seesaw of a pattern, just leave it static. 

28 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I already explained to you why the decision makes sense even if you disregard what someone considers OP (For example, I find your TTK in the vid extremely slow compared to what I'm used to with my kohm)

The kohm is at an appropriate disposition, if it were lowered it's usage would drop significantly more than any other weapon involved in this balance pass, so much so they would likely have to buff it the next go around. So instead of going through that seesaw of a pattern, just leave it static. 

I forgot you're the guy from the other topic, then i just need to copy paste my response

If DE really wants to stop you to abuse of a weapon they will do it anyway, they can:

- Lower the base stats so even with a riven the weapon can't be saved (stug case)

- Change a mechanic like the plasmor headshot multiplier

- Change dispo of rivens so op weapons can't break the game too much

- Change op mods (maiming strike soon and maybe hunter munitions someday)

For me the decision is market related, not usage related. They don't care if you stop to use a weapon (tonkor and simulor) or a frame (nukes like ember). We have seen this many times in the past so is a logical conclusion to say that the kohm with a dispo 5 is something that normally DE would nerf instant. If they don't want to do it is because there are people that would be more pissed than the plasmor riven guy.

Yeah because kill 4 of the most strong enemies in the game at lvl 150 in less than 20 seconds and with only 1 magazine is not op. Sure.

The kohm is extremely strong enough even without a 100% status chance. This is a fact, not an opinion, so the rivens +120% are not really needed (players DEPENDS on them, i still laugh about that phrase 😂)

1 hour ago, Deminisis said:

Undo this please. Market prices are going to get ridiculous for these "lackluster" rivens you seem to hate. You have no idea how powerful and useful some sentinel weapons can be with the right riven.

Damn straight. 

hPDhm05.jpg

This with a good build makes it an element applying machine. The weapon already has infinite ammo, no reload, and a high fire rate. Running Corrosive/Blast makes it strip armor fast and knock enemies down opening them up to ground finishers frequently. It also eliminates the ramp up time for Condition Overload since enemies will usually have statuses applied before I even swing at them. Lastly, it kills everything around me on lower level missions. 

MzyEVgF.jpg

This with a good build makes it capable of one shotting higher level armored enemies. 

Sure most of the base sentinel weapons are lackluster, but can't the same be said for most base weapons? Much like regular weapons if you spend the forma, put in the right mods and a riven that plays to the weapon's strengths, some can become amazing. Unlike regular weapons most people don't do this because everyone seems to think they're all lackluster, which in turn leaves them lackluster and thus the cycle perpetuates. 

On 2018-11-08 at 10:01 PM, Asdryu said:

Most of these changes don't make no sense.
Rubico: nothing relevant and everyone uses it like no tomorrow.
Tonkor, Spira, Dread, Hek- WHO USES THEM?
Vectis got nerfed too: ok whatever. I got it. This is random <.<

The hek is a pretty popular weapon, it carries you through the entire starchart.

On 2018-11-08 at 3:51 PM, Voltage said:

Why remove sentinel weapon Riven Mods? Artax Riven mods are over 20k on PC.

All of these seem like very small increments. Does that mean more changes are to come?

Rivens arent supposed to be a one for all Plat Fix. they are supposed to make less usable weapons usable.  so it doesnt matter if artax rivns were going for 20k plat. it wasnt the point

*sighs* Guess I will say something about it......

I have been playing Warframe for 3 years approx, in which 1 year was completely for riven management. I didn't buy any direct Platinum. (Bought some tennogen tho)  So I was one of those players who would depend on the daily grind and hours of trade to keep it coming and going. Which Of course I didn't mind because It was fun this way. I never complain about anything. I didn't even say anything negative when Ash was clearly nerfed with his Ult.... but this was too much for everyone.. I remember when riven mods were a thing, I would always dream of a God tier riven, Let's consider I have "X" weapon which is my favorite. Like any other tenno I was after the riven for the said X weapon. In around 8-9 month span I Bought 4 rivens for the same weapon (because I always found another person selling something better than what I use) and around 25K platinum and 21 Forma was used by that same X weapon (why 21? Because riven polarities changed along with different builds) Finally, some months ago I settled on a riven which I bought for around 5K. I was enjoying the game as is and two of my IRL friends joined Warframe seeing how I enjoyed this game. 

Few weeks before Update : Our friends discussing about what riven to buy. They were eager to get good in the game and join the great community warframe created for all of us, One chose Supra Riven to buy and One chose Ignis Riven to buy since they both loved the Vandal For Supra and Wraith for Ignis Variants. They also saw some sample rivens and the prices for it so that they can make a budget and start farming plats. ... We were happy because together we were getting somewhere. 

The day of update : Update drops, I go Inside game to see my "X" riven already nerfed. I knew nerf was coming but to see that was really heart breaking. One of the true end game objective of Warframe is higher numbers and ease of getting them. Before the nerf I didn't mind spending thousands of hours just to get to those numbers aka make platinum to get those, but now seeing all stats drop its actually frustrating. From first glance the decrease of multiplier looks low and tbh it is low but when someone looks at a different perspective it's actually not that low. In a 3+ and 1- the nerf actually falls on all the pos and neg. the nerf in pos stat is actually a lot when in combined of 3 stats. ...

Guess what ? I still didn't tell my two friends that their favorite riven stats will get nerfed in general. I am being a coward but I dont want them to lose on the love they have for Warframe just yet. They are focused on Fortuna for now but in the future it will come eventually. 

Look DE, I loved you guys for making this game F2P and giving us free updates and everything but Pls give us back the original stats we all took hundreds of hours and hours to build. Fine, make the future rivens less powerful but keep the original stats on the already rolled out rivens. To you guys this looks like a small change but to us its higher than what you'd think it did. We already had enough nerfs on stuff as is.

Ok fine, If changing the stats isn't possible for you guys then why not after a FULL and proper review release the riven stat multiplier? We may have suffered but I don't want other tennos in the future facing the same fate. Let's face it, more than 60% of the trade these days are rivens and people need to invest a lot of it. We never knew this would happen. We never knew all the hours we used in game would come to this. It's like doing a job for years with proper payment and then company decides they have given too much and then they take away our home to make up for it. Simply put, some players are already leaving or have become so disappointed that they are angry about the change. We did not deserve this at all.

I know this is a long rant...but had to let it out because not only for me but I speak for my fellow tenno who barely had a few rivens to call good and now for the sake of "balancing" some good one is now just as bad. This post may get criticized a lot by the players here but I had to say all of this building up inside me....But I'd appreciate it if anyone could bring this up to them (DE)

PS: My 'X' weapon was Opticor......

P.S Forgive my English errors

This riven stuff really reminds me of the sith vs jedi wars, the jedi wants balance while the siths power and welp that did not end well, but if we  survived the riven dispo introduction when you could see a boltor with 250% + multishot reduces to 100% we will all forget this eventually, im sith btw and yes i'm pissed and yeah i will look for a game that will let me keep the S#&amp;&#036; i own but o well newbies can handle the new stuff im just to old for this shait 

4 hours ago, Apav said:

Not to mention popularity isn't always an accurate judge of power level. But if DE is going to keep it by popularity, they need to start adjusting them at frequent intervals. 

And overall you should not be able to use the same riven on the normal and prime or syndicate version of the weapon, it's just stupid. Some base version weapons are just crap compared to their prime version. Mods are multiplicative and  if a weapon has 5% crits and its prime version has 10 or 15% it's a totally different weapon...

dude, hate to say it but bad weapons are still bad even if they have 5 disposition. not really understanding why the viper, vasto, miter, and others are getting nerfed, players rarely use them. don’t know why we’re getting nerfed but we’re honestly so op it doesnt matter. DE should give us challenging content to actually use those powerful weapons, there is no content in the game right now where you need rivens right now unless you play endurance runs. The fact that they nerfed lato and vasto rivens even though they were unpopular and underperforming goes against the concept of riven mods itself. I like that they’re attempting to buff underused weapons but most of them just don’t do enough damage in the first place 

Archived