Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

revert garduda's 4th ability, and replece the 3th

TheKurtiStryke

her current 4th is stupidly powerful both solo and in groups. my only issue with it is how long it takes to get a decent AOE going with it prior to casting. it requires you to be stationary basically which is a death sentence no matter how tanky you are.

her 3rd ability I personally just use for energy which is great. though the whole mechanic of "the less heath you have the more damage you do" is a LITTLE silly given how easy it is to get health back, i never find myself wanting or even trying to be on low health for the sake of that extra damage. 

personally I like her abilities, I find that I am actually using ALL of them as opposed to most frames where I mostly use 2 or 3 and never really touch one of the skills they have (or in some cases even just one skill *cough*Nyx*cough*)

the only way i seeing her 4th being changed (again) is if the way it works mechanically changes. because right now you can easily take out the more tanky opponents really easily with just about any weapon regardless of enemy level and anything that becomes more user friendly would change how it functions simply because it would be way too powerful the way I see it. 

while I may not like how the ability functions in terms of clunkyness and "flow" but its undeniably useful.

I'd like to try a quick thinking build where I spend most of my time on no health spamming 3 to keep giving my energy as I take damage but I haven't gotten round to seeing if it is actually viable or not (probably not in higher levels) 

"Slash procs for everything" is strong but there's nothing intelligently designed about it.  Certainly nothing fun or interesting.  It's just delayed AoE damage.

A room clearing AoE is derivative and boring.  Sure, it's not as obnoxiously bad as the slow, channeled blender they showed first, but it fails to make the frame fun to play, and with 3 already being a dead-boring placeholder ability, that's a big disappointment.

9 hours ago, TyrianMollusk said:

A room clearing AoE is derivative and boring. 

But it's not a room clearing AoE 🤔. And even then most warframes 4th abilities are room clearing AoEs, are they boring too? Her 3 is a good simple ability. Exchange health for energy, whether you find that boring or interesting isn't really the point of it.

18 hours ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

her old 4 was more fun and useful than the actual 4th, bring back the old 4th ability, remove her current 3th or mix it up with the current 4th ability.

I don't see what was fun or or particularly more useful about the slow and low interactivity of the old 4. Neither of them are particularly good. A new 4 would be preferable, if not simply more tweaks to the current kit.

16 hours ago, ExplosiveBolts said:

Her 3 is the only ability she has that SHOULDN'T be changed.

Disagree, it also needs to be changed to actually do something, preferably to enemies, though giving Garuda some kind of ability through bloodletting would also be nice, as opposed to mere number sliding on energy points and the fairweather passive which will get chumped by any heal abilities in the party.

I like her 3.  It would work better if her 2 had more range and her 1 didn't drag you so far from the body you leave behind with her 2.  My number one wish for Garuda would be to increase the range and healing from her 2 followed by "bending" her shield (or something similar) so it covers her more and finally to do something (I don't know what) to make her 4 more useful.  I never find an opportunity to use her 4, by the time its charged, something else has probably killed everything already.  With a group, the others have killed all the mobs before she has a chance and if I'm solo, I will probably just Melee whats left rather than wait for her 4 to charge.  If you travel with an equinox, you could have them sleep everything and then use it I guess.  

On 2018-11-12 at 3:34 AM, TyrianMollusk said:

"Slash procs for everything" is strong but there's nothing intelligently designed about it.  Certainly nothing fun or interesting.  It's just delayed AoE damage.

A room clearing AoE is derivative and boring.  Sure, it's not as obnoxiously bad as the slow, channeled blender they showed first, but it fails to make the frame fun to play, and with 3 already being a dead-boring placeholder ability, that's a big disappointment.

It's not so much the slash procs for everything that's intelligent albeit it does play a part of it. It's the combo with her 1 bomb that's the intelligent bit. Her 4 marks target for her 1 to deal damage should they survive the slash procs. 

The way the synergy seems to work on paper is that you get the shield with 1, use your 4 and charge up range. Unleash your 4, release your 1's damage on anything left that's marked for high damage.  The idea behind this is that it's meant to make the damage from your 1 scale with enemy damage. They give you a base damage to absorb, then your 4 buffs the damage for your 1 and debuffs the enemy by lowering their health by bleeding them. 

6 hours ago, KillaJoke1 said:

It's not so much the slash procs for everything that's intelligent albeit it does play a part of it. It's the combo with her 1 bomb that's the intelligent bit. Her 4 marks target for her 1 to deal damage should they survive the slash procs. 

As you quoted me saying, it's just delayed AoE damage.  Clearing a room doesn't make it intelligent or fun whether it does it immediately or requires a silly charge from another ability to complete the flat, boring AoE damage effect.

A room clearing AoE isn't anything remotely like intelligently designed, no matter how you dress it up, and this is some serious lipstick on a pig.  The last thing we need in new frames is more brain-dead room clearing AoE "designs".

On 2018-11-12 at 3:27 PM, Redfeather75 said:

An idea for changing her 3 is to make it shoot blood shards, cost health per blood shard, and if the blood shards pass through a dread mirror while it's up they grant energy.

I really like that idea actually.

I think it either needs this, or to 'pause' her passive, preventing it from lowering past a certain amount for X seconds. Doing that would just cause you to spam it twice for the 100% buff though, which is also undesirable gameplay.

5 hours ago, Robbery525 said:

I really like that idea actually.

I think it either needs this, or to 'pause' her passive, preventing it from lowering past a certain amount for X seconds. Doing that would just cause you to spam it twice for the 100% buff though, which is also undesirable gameplay.

Technically it does have a lower limit - it stops at 2 health 😉 But not a bad suggestion anyway.

So far as 100% energy back, just run 175% efficiency, since that gives 100% energy with one cast, and a 50% damage buff. And of course having max efficiency also makes it easier to spam her other abilities as well. 'Course, that does mean taking up two mod slots, but I'm regularly doing a shedload of damage with her other abilities anyway, along with some weapon damage on targets affected by her 2 (which incidentally is a nice way to neutralise Nox's 🙂 ) so personally I reckon it's worth it.

I'd rather have a better synergy with 2 and 3, for example, casting 4 and then 3 sucks life from targets, not you - not the "bomb" with 1 which opens you for damage because you loose only thing that is preventing damage which is the shield. I don't understand why they decided to give 1 a frontal only DR, when 1 is also teleporting us into melee range, which makes things completely ignore shield (yes, melee is not blocked, and they will hit you).

Other than that, her 4 is just visual treat, at higher levels is plainly boring to setup with 1, and tbh it is much faster to clear room with any aoe weapon or just other frame. Which happens a lot for Garuda players, since when they are "preparing" their combo, some1 else just killed everything in the wave/group out.

Also, 4th should be better signalizing where it is going, and making it some kind of wide line/cone, whatever it is now is stupid. It would be much better to charge a wider range cone, for example like Oberons 2nd.

To be honest, whole theme is not fitting into Warframe setting, because she is too squishy in many terms to be considered berserker. Valkyr still tops anything she can do, removing armor, CCing more reliably, moving faster, and with augment, having fun jumping from enemy to enemy not caring about incoming damage at all.

Seems a bit off with having two closely resembling same base design frames now. For example, Valkyr has that "self-damage" theme during 4th, which can penalize her hard, if you loose energy or end ability with enemies in range.

It would be much better to stick to gore base, with bias to vampire frame, not another "whateverthisisrightnow"

Her 3 needs some CC or survival buff to go with it. My personal vote is that she's immune to lethal damage for X seconds afterwards, though that might be hard to balance with all the heals (make her immune to any heals but her 2 and maybe Life strike/companion abilities as well?)

That would also help with the most glaring part of her 4. Having to charge for the best effect is no longer quite as big a deal if you are guaranteed (baring knockbacks) to survive the charging part regardless of incoming fire.

On 2018-11-12 at 3:34 AM, TyrianMollusk said:

it fails to make the frame fun to play, and with 3 already being a dead-boring placeholder ability, that's a big disappointment.

I Disagree, I find garuda as she is fun, 3 requires a setup of 2s to be effects, honestly the only thing I don't like is how limbo cataclysm breaks garduas 2 which I think is a bug. You can pad 3 with quick thinking

4 how ever could use a buff because a aoe slash attack would have been cool

Edited by Dabnician

an AFK blender is only good for low Level Mission AFKFarming - while it's not mechanically very interesting, Seeking Talons is very powerful in the role of DELET things.
you would not be making the Warframe more useful by returning the AFK blender.

On 2018-11-17 at 6:14 AM, Doomsknight said:

Against enemies immune to slash proc it's useless 

so..... some Bosses, Kyta Raknoids, Eidolons/Orbs (technically Bosses anyways), Grineer/Corpus Ships (except for Corrosive for Grineer Ships - strangely Corpus Ships are immune)...... got anything else you can think of?
there's almost nothing that's immune to Status that is relevant in the majority of the game.

Edited by taiiat