Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's your most nostalgic memory / moment in Warframe?

Prime-Ares

I remember back in 2013 when my best friend and I first discovered the infested, and how actually scary that was.

I also remember when the void towers were still really early in their life cycle trying to solo a T3 exterminate with a friend who wasn't leveled that much, and taking possibly the worst kit I could have at the time. It took 45 minutes to kill 200+ enemies and we almost failed.

I remember a friend who strung me along as I was trying to level Valkyr.

God nostalgia just makes me really sad.

Me and my buddy started playing together and at first we thought the only way to do Corpus missions was by stealth because we kept getting wrecked lol

Also founding our clan over 4 years ago and getting the first person to join, who just stood around in our Dojo staring at us before leaving the next day :facepalm:

Edited by _Mozzy_

• Being legit scared of Stalker appearing the first and subsequent few times as it wrecked my face completely.
  • Being scared of Juggernaut appearing and avoiding spawning him at all cost. 
  • Then when I still was a newb I got into a mission with another newb, and BOTH Juggernaut and Shadow Stalker spawned on me in the same small room. The other guy went down immediately and had no more revives. I was still totally undergeared both in frame and operator, but managed to kite and survive both badass enemies and kill them both in like 5 minutes of an epic fight. That was awesome, both me and the other dude were so amazed we barely believed that I managed to pull it off.

(Well, that was when killing Juggernaut and Shadow Stalker was not just a few shots, when they still filled me with fear...)

• Also the ending scene of The War Within. It looked so amazing, I was just standing there in ave looking at the scenery for a minute or two...
  • When I sold my first expensive riven for 1,600p and I had no plat struggle with slots, forma and potatoes for months.
  • Finally having finished incubating my first Kubrow and Kavat  and seeing how adorable they are on the ship.
  • Doing my first Tridolon capture. Doing my first 2x3. First 3x3. First 4x3.
  • Finally getting my first Maiming Strike mod and getting the ultimately satisfying red crit boner.
  • Getting my first Prime frame: Frost Prime and first Prime weapons: Scindo Prime and Soma Prime from Twitch. They had been my staples for a long time.
Edited by Mr.SpookSpook
Typos and adding more stuff

The Jupiter junction. Where I first met Valkyr having beaten all the previous specters without batting an eye.

There's just something about running and hiding from a creature I can barely scratch as she hunts me around the junction while screaming like a lunatic and one-shotting me that brings back memories. For the first time, I felt like I was not the hunter but the prey. It was first time I was actually afraid of an enemy. Naturally she became the first frame I crafted and remains my favourite.

Edited by Melbourne404

4 hours ago, Tsoe said:

Perfect excal , with invisible super jump and old radial Javelin

I ❤️ you man!! I play mine without exalted.. you?

My fondest memory is actually one outside the game. It was the second tennocon, 2017, where they announced POE. The reaction of the public to that announcement.. still to this day it sends shivers through my body (he typed as he watched the hairs on his arm stand up straight 😄 ).
For me a couple of serious realizations sunk in: 
- My intuition had been right from the very start. The first year I mainly played with my son, so I had no idea about the reach of WF, but I ❤️ it from day one (thank you TotalBiscuit) .
- This game was HUGE and still growing
- This game was going to be around for a while longer..

It was how it must feel when your horse wins the race. There's excitement in there, but also love - as for a pet/child and pride - the "I dun aight" kind.

The first Prime weapon I ever obtained was Paris. Something about that bow just says "this is neat" to me. Admittedly I didn't use it all that much after I leveled it because I didn't care for modding it properly at the time.

A few weeks ago I finally got around to modding my stuff better and came back to that golden bow of glory. Swapped a few mods and now she's a real monster. I've found myself using it a lot more lately.

the first time I picked up the paris MK-1 in the tutorial and thought "should I really try Bows this early on? they might be way harder to use than guns", then I impaled an enemy to a wall and continued to use nothing but Bows until about 4 months in, when I decided to give other weapons a more serious try. to this day I still enjoy launching grineer across the room with a well-aimed arrow.

if only I could be as skilled with a Bow IRL as I am in warframe..

On 2018-11-15 at 12:02 PM, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

The first Prime weapon I ever obtained was Paris. Something about that bow just says "this is neat" to me. Admittedly I didn't use it all that much after I leveled it because I didn't care for modding it properly at the time.

A few weeks ago I finally got around to modding my stuff better and came back to that golden bow of glory. Swapped a few mods and now she's a real monster. I've found myself using it a lot more lately.

Just curious, did you ever give the Paris Prime or any other bows a go? Paris is one of my oldies too (along with Cernos) I started out WF and relied on even in the days of void T4's with so it has quite the history!

I primarily use Dread now just for the slash, but still enjoy going back to the roots now and then

Clearing the Sands of Inaros quest with a ragtag team of equally-low Mastery Rank players back when I started playing the game again. Whittling down a swarm of tiny Rumblers while dodging boulders that'll stagger and takes out half of my Loki's health bar was a very enjoyable fight.

First Stalker visit...

Was a complete surprise and I distinctly remember hiding inside one of the big crates and watching arrows from Dread peak through the wall in spots (until I got killed at least).

The day Nightmare modes came out... It launched with a couple of bugs and one of them was multiple modes stacked on each other.

One of those runs had me and three other in a public mission with no minmap, fog of war, no shields, energy drain, and low gravity fighting grineer...It's still the most enjoyable mission I have played.

Lots of little moments.  I joined a few days before Star Chart 3.0, for reference.

-First Interception mission, solo.  Scaling was not working beyond the first wave, so I ended up soloing like 10 waves, all at like level 4, and got my first void keys.

-Went to T1 Exterminate solo right after.  Level 15 Corrupted were a nightmare for me.  I should have failed hard, but revives were bugged at the time so I ended up completing the mission with like -5 revives remaining.  Yes, negative five.  I got the Fragor Prime blueprint.

-Frost Spectre on the juntion was a nightmare before it was nerfed.  I could not down him with my Mk-1 Braton and Lato armed Excalibur and he could randomly 1-shot me with his shotgun or abilities.  After the hotfix that nerfed him, he went down pretty easy.

-Being stuck unable to go past Mars for days or so because of a Junction quest bug.

-Being super happy about stuff like the Heat Sword, Cronus, Seer, and the Boltor because I didn't know about blueprints off of the market.  I assumed they were all drops and log-in rewards.

-Getting Akzani from a log-in reward to replace my Lato.  Those guns carried me for a little while.

-Getting a free trip to Jupiter as part of a quest and hoping for Neutral Sensors to build the Heat Sword.  Found them right away.  Cue stressful mission of multiple deaths and almost failing the required spy vaults!

-Getting my first prime weapon, Paris Prime.  It kinda made the next bits of the Star Chart trivial once I could continue past Mars since I was able to one-shot junction bosses and regular bosses.  I still have it to this day, but I don't use it much.  Maybe I ought to take it for a spin.

-Being terrified of Stalker, Juggernaut, and the Grustag 3.  Speaking of Stalker, my first solo kill on regular Stalker was him ambushing me as Vauban, me thinking "Well, I'm dead, so why not?" and throwing dozens of Tesla traps onto the ground.  Cue him spawning in and getting fried in seconds.

-And in general, just gradually discovering more and more layers to the game when I thought I had seen them all, such as stumbling upon Simaris and synthesis.

Some days I miss the slower paced, more threatening missions of my noob days, where I didn't know what a bullet jump was and level 20 enemies terrified me.  I can still find challenge if I go looking for it, but it won't ever be the "5-6 trash mobs threaten me without doing obscene levels of damage per shot" challenge from the beginning.

Also, I remember always wanting to go back to the MK-1 Bo after leveling up my new shiny swords like Cronus and Plasma Sword and what not.  Never actually did though and ended up selling it.  But I guess I kinda made up for it in the end by making a really nice Zaw staff that I use a lot.

Edited by Hearsay

There are a lot, but I think the first really memorable moment I had in this game was the first time I encountered an infested disruptor. That was when I realized I would keep discovering more enemy types as I progressed through the star chart, and it made me really excited for the future. Also, it was terrifying, and I made sure to stealth my way past it.

My greatest memory was getting my first good weapon and aweing my friends. That amazing weapon being the Tonkor. It was the first gun I forma’d. Then when my friend bought one he was surprised that his damage was nothing. He said he had all mods in it that I did... thatÂ’s when I found out he had not leveled a single mod. What a dork. This was MR 8 ish I think?