Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are people still doing bounties in Fortuna?

Mortician13

I mean obviously people must be, but I have a hard time finding a squad when I am doing the highest bounty. I just find the Cache mission to be nearly impossible solo as whenever you get to a base, the caches immediately spawn while you still have all the defending troops there. Once you kill them, it's easy to just deal with the reinforcements but by that point you will have lost at least one cache (goodbye bonus).

Anyway, aren't people doing the highest bounty? Is there a reason why? Are people only doing the one that has medical bonds that seems to always get me in a squad quickly.

If you want party there are some rules to follow
1. Go to options and set maximum ping to infinite
2. Change your server to North America(place where 99% players of this game are
3. make sure you did not set the game to "private,invite only,friends only" but public.

From that moment on,you will be never lonely tenno again

3 hours ago, Mortician13 said:

I mean obviously people must be, but I have a hard time finding a squad when I am doing the highest bounty. I just find the Cache mission to be nearly impossible solo as whenever you get to a base, the caches immediately spawn while you still have all the defending troops there. Once you kill them, it's easy to just deal with the reinforcements but by that point you will have lost at least one cache (goodbye bonus).

Anyway, aren't people doing the highest bounty? Is there a reason why? Are people only doing the one that has medical bonds that seems to always get me in a squad quickly.

I've never had that problem solo, upgrade your gear.

There's some viable alternatives that aren't bounties, such as mining, debt-purchasing and conserving. Some of us don't have the heart to spam the same bounties over and over everyday so instead we went for other activities to mix things up. In a reasonable amount of time you can earn the same amount of standings as bounties.

5 hours ago, ---Merchant--- said:

If you want party there are some rules to follow
1. Go to options and set maximum ping to infinite
2. Change your server to North America(place where 99% players of this game are
3. make sure you did not set the game to "private,invite only,friends only" but public.

From that moment on,you will be never lonely tenno again

I play on an Asian server and never have problems with finding enough players. 

6 hours ago, Mortician13 said:

I just find the Cache mission to be nearly impossible solo as whenever you get to a base, the caches immediately spawn while you still have all the defending troops there.

Some tips: Use nekros. Shadow of the dead can help to distract enemies and terrify to get them away from the cache. If you do bounty solo, the will be 2 caches at the same time, and you can capture them both at the same time by dropping your warframe near one cache then use your operator to capture the other one. Your idle warframe can still capture the cache as long as there's no enemy near the cache.

There are no reasons to to the bounties or am I wrong (after you get all the mods of course but they are bad so...)?

You need round about 15-20 min to finish a high level mission at average and you get about 5000 standing? So round about 1,5 hours (for me) to get full standing.

Mining? With a resource booster I get 2x the daily standing in one hour.

Bounds? If you keep helping Ticker and if you have a LOT of useless resources and do that multiple times... you can just do it with that and for its about 5 days I just get daily standing with that.

Even fishing if better if you know where to fish!

There is no reason to do them besides challenge but even than... I could play with the alarm system.

36 minutes ago, DerGreif2 said:

There are no reasons to to the bounties or am I wrong (after you get all the mods of course but they are bad so...)?

I can name 4 reasons to do bounties at the moment: A5, S4, N9, B3.

Bounties should and are full, moreover at least for me, but I take it there are at least 1-2 more people who feel the same, is way more fun and rewarding to kill stuff and gain some reward, than spend an hour playing discount guitar hero for nothing but reputation.

14 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

I can name 4 reasons to do bounties at the moment: A5, S4, N9, B3.

Bounties should and are full, moreover at least for me, but I take it there are at least 1-2 more people who feel the same, is way more fun and rewarding to kill stuff and gain some reward, than spend an hour playing discount guitar hero for nothing but reputation.

Ok I give you that one. The relics are indeed a reason but I as an example got Nova prime (full set) just from randomly doing fissure missions. I think you get them more often if you just do fissure missions and grab what you want.

It is also rewarding exploring caves, sneaking around, climb mountains and get minerals from around the globe. The missions are pretty boring if you played since the beginning. Better than PoE but still. And btw you dont even need to mine. Since 5 days I just go to ticker and throw in my resources and BAM that it. Thats my standing. I will reach max fortuna rank in the next one or two days.

Edited by DerGreif2

1 hour ago, DerGreif2 said:

Ok I give you that one. The relics are indeed a reason but I as an example got Nova prime (full set) just from randomly doing fissure missions. I think you get them more often if you just do fissure missions and grab what you want.

It is also rewarding exploring caves, sneaking around, climb mountains and get minerals from around the globe. The missions are pretty boring if you played since the beginning. Better than PoE but still. And btw you dont even need to mine. Since 5 days I just go to ticker and throw in my resources and BAM that it. Thats my standing. I will reach max fortuna rank in the next one or two days.

I'm not saying I don't enjoy exploring and such, but just as it has its charm so do the bounties. Also as the poster above reminded me of the mutagen mass, saving me 15 extremely boring minutes as AFK Equinox in Defense.

There's no reason to do bounties once you get their unique drops and fill daily cap. As for resources, once you get stuff you want from vendors, getting more is pointless - they're not used in literally anything else. This is also problem with Plains of Eidolon - you pop in during the night to get those sweet Eidolon drops and ignore everything else. Unless DE reworks half of the game recipes and incorporate POE/OV resources into them, there's no reason to go there for any of these activities. Not in a game revolving mostly around endless grind.

That being said I have no problems finding full party at any given time (EU region)

I haven't done one, If I could avoid going to Fortuna, like Ordis would dump me into Orb and pick me up from there as well I would be thrilled. Aside from my dislike of the inhabitants, I despise the hall from Cetus to PoE, and instantly hated the box they force you into when leaving Orb. I think of them both as the gateway to AltF4.

I only do them solo now if I need to top up my rep for the day. Otherwise I find it more efficient to mine and turn in the gems and simply purchase the bonds from Ticker.

I can't deal with host migrations and people wanting to exit after every bounty. Sucks all fun and immersion out of it.

They finally added a bounty giver outside but 99% of people still want to gravitate to the laggy elevator. So solo it is.

Edited by IIDMOII

I still do them, but some task are just boring and annoying, so i often chose to just "buy standing" from ticker.

For example:

The ambush mission: Set up a trap, then wait for the vehicle to spawn, then wait for it to come to you. This is only fun once (at most^^)

In general, an ambush is a nice idea for a mission, but the way it is executed its just a waiting game.

find 4 agents: basically the same thing, just a boring task to stretch out the time it takes for you to complete the mission.

excavation: i wouldnt have a problem with the time it takes until an excavator is finished, but once again, its just a waiting game.

You have to wait for enemies to bring the cells, and if you dont have a nekros most of the time a few excavators cant be powered.

Funnily, my experience is that as soon as all of them are completly powered, all of a sudden you got more then enough enemies with cells spawning 😄

I think the interception mission and some others are a nice addition, but still, there are many boring missions and they should really work on making more interesting bounties.

Orb Vallis has lots of great architecture for example, they should use it for some special missions.

PS: i also do them solo or with clanmates because the 2 times i tried public i got matched with people that want to max their k-drive standing and do other stuff, and especially in the interception mission that will make you lose the bonus most of the time.