Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are your thoughts on a weekly/monthly Platinum reward?

NeopetsMaster4432

Something along the lines of "the person who acquired the highest score within X timeframe gets 100 plat, the people in rank 2-10 in this timeframe get 50 plat", ect, with decreasing rewards as the score bracket goes down. Maybe even with something as low as 1 Platinum for everyone every week just for participating once.

Just to add some reward as incentive to get people into Conclave. I've recently been unable to find a Conclave match even after waiting like 20 minutes, and I think it's quite unfortunate that the game mode is in such state, given how much I enjoyed it in the past~

This is just a really basic idea that I haven't put much thought into yet, but I've seen similar systems implemented in MMOs and thought it might work here.

How do you feel about this idea?
Good?
Bad? 
Abusable?
Hungry?
Doesn't matter because it doesn't fix any of Conclave's mechanical problems?
Free plat is a no-go?

5 minutes ago, NeopetsMaster4432 said:

Basically this. You can't offer that kind of reward with conclave in its current state. People should be playing conclave because they enjoy it. If they're only playing it to try and get a reward, they're not going to play it. PvP in Warframe will never be good enough for that.

Pvp needs to actually be good in its own right instead of baiting people with monetary rewards to make up for it being meh. Then it creates the normal bitter hostile environment most pvp games suffers from with the stakes of premium currency for a right awful time. Its still bad, but people feel obligated to try through frustration.

Again, with things like this, Cheese will Happen.

Then DE will knock down the guy on top with a score of 4400e015001, and that guy will be like "Look, Twitch/Reddit! I got it fair and square by hiding in this corner and spamming "X" thing! If DE didn't want people to score this way, then it wouldn't be in the game! Where's mah plat, DE!!", and then other people will side with them, and others will side against them, and then the whole thing will become a controversy and then people will complain "Lol, all this because of 100p? I make that just by sneezing in the Market chat!" and others will be like "It's not about the Plat! It's about the Idea!" and yadda yadda yadda...

25 minutes ago, NeopetsMaster4432 said:

This.

Technically, we already have reward incentive to play Conclave with Teshin's weekly challenge, for all the good it does. Plat prizes won't change anything, what with how easy plat is to get in the first place compared to other f2p games and their premium currency.

Conclave, as with many things in WF, is trapped in a vicious circle. Where people don't play it so DE doesn't work on it (because to stay afloat they work on what will attract the most players first and foremost), and since DE doesn't work on it people don't play it.

vor 56 Minuten schrieb NeopetsMaster4432:

Good?
Bad? 
Abusable?
Hungry?
Free plat is a no-go?

First of all: plat is a virtuel real world currency (like bitcoin) - as you can buy it for real money only. (trading is not the same. you can also trade bitcoin, but it's a (virtuel) real world currency in the end)

so why would sony, microsoft or nintendo give you real money on there plattforms just for playing a game. because this is what you suggest. 

I see, thanks for the replies thus far~ RIP Conclave. 😞 Now I'm wondering if DE actually has any plans for it at all.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

so why would sony, microsoft or nintendo give you real money on there plattforms just for playing a game. because this is what you suggest. 

I'm not sure why Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo would pay people to play their games, because they aren't as bad as things like League of Legends! Bazinga! 😁

Really though, it would just be a minute amount to encourage people to play a less popular mode, and encourage competitive play. Because as it stands now, something they've sunk development time is getting little-to-no use.
It may sound weird, but it is a concept that other MMOs have successfully put into practice. I don't know for certain why, but maybe having a small amount of accessible free premium currency, or an active competitive PVP playerbase draws in more players and thus creates more income.

But I get that Warframe is in a different spot playerbase-wise and balance-wise than most other MMOs. Which is why I wanted to know what people thought of the idea to begin with~

Edited by NeopetsMaster4432

I agree with the other posts that say enjoyment should be the sole reason you play Conclave. Rewards should be secondary.

That said, giving away plat (regardless of amount) might be a bit too generous, and might attract the wrong people to the game mode. I'd prefer a token (like rep) that can be exchanged into something that helps with pve content: like neurodes, nitain, argon for example. You could even cycle the available resources daily to stop Conclave from being a stable resource for these things (alongside the current pvp rewards of course). Endo and credits can also be an alternative.

Edited by MandzPH
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

Microsoft kind of does. I got $5 to use in the Minecraft store, and I think all I did was join the Xbox rewards program or something. Free to sign up and there's surveys and such to do, and sometimes they give you credit for the xbox store or credit for a specific game's store.

As I typed this I realized it isn't exactly the same situation but hey an example is an example.

Plat is probably too much for a reward. It's either so small to be significant or too large to be really sustainable.

Time is also an issue. Basing it on score like that brings the "contest" down to whoever can dedicate more time to the mode. Besides the inevitable stew of negative thoughts about that, a lot of people are going to look at the contest, take a glance at their schedules, and not bother past 1 game throughout the week or month for the participation reward. Only other reason they'd bother is for fun, which kind of defeats the point behind the idea. Compare that to a more common Alert where the average player might be able to drop by for 3-5 games in the same timespan, yet get an appropriate level of rewards for their time investment.

Like others said, it won't fix technical issues, but more incentive does create at least a few new players and helps nudge away from the circle VisionAndVoice talks about, even a little bit:

14 hours ago, VisionAndVoice said:

Conclave, as with many things in WF, is trapped in a vicious circle. Where people don't play it so DE doesn't work on it (because to stay afloat they work on what will attract the most players first and foremost), and since DE doesn't work on it people don't play it.

Which can lead to DE giving the mode a little more attention, or at least enough to start working on those technical problems and help the mode stand on its own merits.

If you put plat as a reward for just playing conclave, I will just squad up for Conclave with my clan members and afk the conclave matches away until we all get the top rewards. It's so easy to exploit I can't even...

There are already exclusive cosmetics like the Syandana. People don't play it because the game itself was designed to attract certain people and conclave was a tacked on mode after the requests of some.

Getting people to play Conclve isn't high up on the DE priority list anyway.

On 2018-12-10 at 6:15 AM, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

First of all: plat is a virtuel real world currency (like bitcoin) - as you can buy it for real money only. (trading is not the same. you can also trade bitcoin, but it's a (virtuel) real world currency in the end)

...?!

Platinum in Warframe isn't a real-world currency. It has an approximate equivalent real-world value, but it isn't even close to a crypto-currency like Bitcoin because it only works in Warframe. You can put real money IN (buying Platinum) but you can't take real money OUT (turning Platinum back into real money, or using it to order something on Amazon,  Aliexpress, etc.). Unless you're talking about buying Warframe accounts, and I really hope you aren't. That's on a whole other level

23 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

If you put plat as a reward for just playing conclave, I will just squad up for Conclave with my clan members and afk the conclave matches away until we all get the top rewards. It's so easy to exploit I can't even...

^^^ This. Also ditto on what you mentioned about Conclave rewards. Maybe DE could try to spread some awareness of the Conclave-only skins and Syandana, but the fact remains that despite the existence of those rewards people haven't taken an interest in Conclave. On my region server, I end up in matches alone that I have to wait out for the few minutes of the match because it started without any other players...  :(

On 2018-12-10 at 10:16 AM, NeopetsMaster4432 said:

Something along the lines of "the person who acquired the highest score within X timeframe gets 100 plat, the people in rank 2-10 in this timeframe get 50 plat", ect, with decreasing rewards as the score bracket goes down. Maybe even with something as low as 1 Platinum for everyone every week just for participating once.

Just to add some reward as incentive to get people into Conclave. I've recently been unable to find a Conclave match even after waiting like 20 minutes, and I think it's quite unfortunate that the game mode is in such state, given how much I enjoyed it in the past~

This is just a really basic idea that I haven't put much thought into yet, but I've seen similar systems implemented in MMOs and thought it might work here.

Good?
Bad? 
Abusable?
Hungry?
Free plat is a no-go?

the ppl that usually want a platinum hand out the ones that cant sell Anything for platinum. if we go by ur idea ppl will not buy platinum anymore they can just grind in pvp, then the devs will be out of a job.

-Add Conclave as node to star chart, 

-make Conclave alerts with NORMAL alerts rewards (like 5000 credits or 300 oxium),

-fix Conclave loadout for new players having only melee.

That's where fix can and should start at.

Edited by Aramil999

• 1 month later...
On 2018-12-10 at 2:22 AM, AdunSaveMe said:

Basically this. You can't offer that kind of reward with conclave in its current state. People should be playing conclave because they enjoy it. If they're only playing it to try and get a reward, they're not going to play it. PvP in Warframe will never be good enough for that.

What a sad defeatist attitude. 

• Like 2