Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.1.4

[DE]Megan

1 minute ago, imax9000 said:

How exactly is it harmful to you?

to the game itself? they release a bunch of new weapons, you can max it out in 5 minutes, re-forma it again and max it out again until u get 6 forma for it.

how to do it? thru an exploit. standing up. doing nothing but that macro-thing.
And now no one does other dungeons because "What is the point? I can max them out in a few seconds anyway"

now how is that not harmful? so we're all gonna do this affinity exploit, and not bother with the other content. Now imagine doing this 100 more times

1 minute ago, BrutalGreen said:

Wasn't DE's policy until recently: "if it's in the game, it's ok?/it's not a bug it's a feature (coptering anyone?)" especially considering how incredibly bug riddled WF is (don't take this as a criticism, I love this game in all of it's buggy glory)

Gud old bugrame and nice job of banning god knows how many players just because of one youtober that was YOUR partner.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb BeeWhyOhBee:

you still have to "ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME", the exploit was gaining affinity by that method which is a bug.. is it really that hard to understand?

Coincidently you actually had to play the game aswell to set up the whole thing. It wasnt done by doing nothing, how hard is that to understand?

27 minutes ago, Darkson_X said:

Cheating, using exploits or hacking is clearly against their rules. Not to mention some did one time then stopped, what about those who got like... 30 weapons at max level? 

Off course DE might ban you or take away your weapons. You ***** up no two ways about it.

Also people fail to realize it need to have a strong hand so when people think of using a exploit or cheating they gonna think "Not worth doing this man, I can lose my account real fast, they don't **** around."

please be more respectful in forums

i dont know, you refuse to understand the point on why these things are happening. Playing the game in its boundaries / mechanics and playing the game and cheating thru a bug th--

just read the past comments, its getting redundant already. i hope those who tried this 'non-harmful, eco-friendly, cute, innocent' bug will get to keep their accounts 🙂

1 minute ago, Jim22 said:

I don't think people should get a suspension for an exploit like that's pretty stupid

That would make sense if the the exploit didn't require going out of your way to intentionally produce it for your benefit, it would be completely different if it was related to normal gameplay and no way to avoid it other than not playing the game. One could argue that permabanning these players is harsh, but trying to justify the exploit is ridiculous. People who did it knew what they were getting into.

2 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

Coincidently you actually had to play the game aswell to set up the whole thing. It wasnt done by doing nothing, how hard is that to understand?

Examples: Please read this and come back later.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Exploit
https://www.dbltap.com/posts/6099290-players-can-be-banned-for-abusing-fortnite-pickaxe-exploit - Yes, a pick axe.
https://www.wowhead.com/news=286747/blizzard-taking-action-against-world-quest-exploits - Yes, a World Quest plugin for the client.
https://play.esea.net/index.php?s=content&d=hnban - ESEA Xploits
https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Exploits

So dont waste your time trying to convince us to understand you fragile point of view. ITS A EXPLOIT and im glad those "smart" people get banned.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Exploit Fixes: 

• We have fixed an exploit that could only be performed knowingly. Now that the issue is fixed, we will be reviewing our database for extreme offenders and issuing suspensions accordingly. 

since we are fixing and giving out suspension for the khora exploit maybe fix the volt and saryn one as well

2 hours ago, German said:

RIP to everyone who did that exp exploit.

Hope they didn't get a perm ban though, you let us PC players test and report bugs in your game (that's still in "Beta") for more than 5 years and just because they use a bug for their benefit you ban them instead of just reverting the exp gained. EULA violation or not, it's a bad move in my opinion.

If it's just a short temp ban it's fine though.

Well... it's not a perma-ban, but it's one of these bans...

I feel bad for them and all of their youtube subscribers who saw the video.

They took down their video if you're going to go looking for it, btw.

EDIT: The video can be found if you scroll down a little on their twitter feed. 

hace 26 minutos, Drachnyn dijo:

Yes and the thing I want is for the people that used that exploid to not be perma banned because for the reasons i explained i think that would overshoot way to much. I am fine with a short suspension but perma ban is way too much.

the problem that this is an exploit that only works if you do it intentionally and raise the EXP abnormally.

DE may have been strict because players are getting used to using exploits without worrying that their actions affect the economy of the game.

N00bshowtek is also a representative of the community and to be promoting activities that violate the conditions of use of warframe is not something that should be taken lightly, he is giving a very bad example.

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

Thank you for the hotfix!

I am guessing this was the Khora affinity exploit advertised on YouTube. I have witnessed bugs/exploits/abuse shown by partners in the past, but I still wonder why they keep their affiliation badge. This seems very similar to a certain topic looming on Reddit regarding the behavior of affiliated players.

I love khora D: if people found some kinda exploit they're gana nerf her into the ground T^T

il y a une heure, Jim22 a dit :

well Idk how it works but it has something to do with saryns 2 and volts 2 and the smeeta energy buff to gain affinity. don't ban me I didn't try it

Well no one is banning anyone because you know, in ESO you can do same max anything in no time, i really dont see it here your not touching other players or ruining there ranked rank or anything i mean all you can gain is 60 mod capacity and maybe 3k MR points or what ever , other partners broke the game literally and they are free to play you know the rest.

3 hours ago, German said:

RIP to everyone who did that exp exploit.

Hope they didn't get a perm ban though, you let us PC players test and report bugs in your game (that's still in "Beta") for more than 5 years and just because they use a bug for their benefit you ban them instead of just reverting the exp gained. EULA violation or not, it's a bad move in my opinion.

If it's just a short temp ban it's fine though.

They cheated. A perma ban is warranted. We ALL agreed to the EULA and violating it in any way shape or form should result in some kind of punishment depending on the violation. This exploit usage that could only be activated if you knew about it and then admitted that "it would probably be fixed later," is kind of a big deal and deserves a big punishment. Using it on accident and reporting it as a bug is one thing, but to max rank something using this bug is quite another can of worms.

Archived