The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where is the vacuum apocalypse?

Fallen_Echo

Before starting this is not meant to be a serious discussion im just curious on what happened with the predictions of the many doomsayers.

Did people all changed to kavats, the economy crashed due to the ease of farming, the game become less skillfull due to not having to pick up stuff?

Where is the apocalyse i heard of for years?

• Like 15

4 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Before starting this is not meant to be a serious discussion im just curious on what happened with the predictions of the many doomsayers.

Did people all changed to kavats, the economy crashed due to the ease of farming, the game become less skillfull due to not having to pick up stuff?

I wonder how many years they will need to make vacuum innate to warframe(with ability to switch on/off in game options) and free up a mod slot on companions

• Like 2

5 hours ago, deothor said:

Sorry mate, you are late. Apocalypse argument has been moved to auction house suggestion threads. Gotta deny those too, you know.

The end is near by letting people selling their stuff like they do currently on wfmarket you will kill the game!

• Like 1

Il y a 6 heures, Fallen_Echo a dit :

IT HAS COME AND THOU HAST NOT REALISED ITS COMING

REPENT WHILST THOU HAST TIME

KNEEL IN THE GRACE OF THE ALMIGHTY SLOT WASTER

REPENT WHILST THOU HAST TIME

THE END IS NIGH

I like fetch only because now i can run my tank nekros without worrying about those #*!%ing flying saucers dying at the first spittle. Nekros is basically the only frame that needs the vacuum effect for combat anyway, and I'm mostly past the farming drops stage 😄

Edited by Autongnosis

Warframe is not the same since Fetch mod, now everybody uses kavats, operators destroying sentinels inside the ships, executions, torture.... Now they ve joined the Sentient army and we are doomed, its your fault, i hate you!!!! 

So... it wasnt so bad it seems. Yes, people overreact, constantly, what a surprise...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

dude, if ONLY you knew. i was thinking a few days ago about doing the damn exact thread xD i know some people on this forums who were constantly saying that it would ruin the kavats and result in a massive nerf... what a load of bullS#&$, i'm amazed by their stupidity xD if we make a board and look at every people who use pets/sentinels, we can still see that people use more sentinels than pets. and nothing really changed... lol, their stupidity was delicious, but the best was that we made a thread to correct the way Fetch worked, to make it what people wanted it to be. and that's how the doom sayers were ridiculized 🙂

1 hour ago, Zeclem said:

the update isnt exactly old and i already stopped seeing sentinels in my missions by %70-80 amounts. and im pretty sure i havent seen any doomsayers on the topic, just people who thinks that vacuum is massively overrated. 

( sorry for the double post )

one of the complain was that Fetch would ruins kavat, that EVERYONE would use them because the sentinels have NO ADVANTAGES what so bloody ever on the kavats ( which is pure bullS#&$ ) and that this would result in a massive nerf across every kavat races, making them useless.

... this was the usual doom saying.

24 minutes ago, mikakor said:

( sorry for the double post )

one of the complain was that Fetch would ruins kavat, that EVERYONE would use them because the sentinels have NO ADVANTAGES what so bloody ever on the kavats ( which is pure bullS#&$ ) and that this would result in a massive nerf across every kavat races, making them useless.

... this was the usual doom saying.

which happens to pretty much any update on this game. this thread isnt exactly accomplishing anything. 

7 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

because people have a hard time to grant others anything..

100% in agreement with this.  The biggest issue that I've seen in this community (specifically in the forums) is that people will find a reason to argue about literally anything.  "Oh, you made an interesting suggestion?  Well, I don't want the game to be changed from how it was in 2016 so I'm going to list the reasons that I don't like what you're suggesting even if it means bringing up old and obsolete lore that DE clearly doesn't care about."  That's an exaggeration, but seriously, if you suggest anything at all in the forums then the community will band together to specifically disagree with you rather than even consider what you're proposing.

I never really understood why anybody wouldn't want Vacuum; but AGGP described his issue recently, which was that it causes you to waste Energy Orbs. Only one energy off your cap? Vacuum waste a whole orb.

Now that isn't technically an issue with Vacuum, and an easy change would be to make orbs only consumable for the entire amount. Which if you think about it doesn't really hurt anything, if you're next to death you'll need a whole health orb, if you're low on energy you've got room for a whole orb.

22 minutes ago, JCBeastie said:

I never really understood why anybody wouldn't want Vacuum; but AGGP described his issue recently, which was that it causes you to waste Energy Orbs. Only one energy off your cap? Vacuum waste a whole orb.

Now that isn't technically an issue with Vacuum, and an easy change would be to make orbs only consumable for the entire amount. Which if you think about it doesn't really hurt anything, if you're next to death you'll need a whole health orb, if you're low on energy you've got room for a whole orb.

what my limit energy is 150, that i need to use a capacity that is 145 energy, and that i'm at 140... wait, i'll go vacuum this energy or... ho wait, i can't...

so i'm stuck without the ability the use my fourth, with a orb that i can't vacuum. i can only accept this kind of ideas if they are on a toggle. me, i will always want to absorb the orbs. they drop regularly enough, this isn't a problem.

2 hours ago, Zeclem said:

which happens to pretty much any update on this game. this thread isnt exactly accomplishing anything. 

This thread was never meant to accomplish anything, thats why i even put it into general discussions. I just wanted to take a look around where did all those doomsayers went.

I remember i argued with a guy who was hellbent fixated on that it takes hard to learn skills to decide when to pick up an ammo drop and how to move around in combat to pick up loot, his argument was literally that if you use vacuum you are just a lazy noob because real players pick up everything where it dropped.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Misread the prophecy was...

After many years of searching we found the scroll of truth.

It revealed to us that the true apocalypse will be when a Quality of Life patch hits & bestows Warframes & even Operators with Vacuum as a passive.

Thus Vacuum & fetch will be removed...

Then it'll truly be the end times for us all as with that now 1 free mod slot on our companions we'll ascend to a new level of infamy & discord will run rampant all over The Origin System.

Dark days are ahead of us my friend....

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

This thread was never meant to accomplish anything, thats why i even put it into general discussions. I just wanted to take a look around where did all those doomsayers went.

I remember i argued with a guy who was hellbent fixated on that it takes hard to learn skills to decide when to pick up an ammo drop and how to move around in combat to pick up loot, his argument was literally that if you use vacuum you are just a lazy noob because real players pick up everything where it dropped.

which is just total hypocrisy, because this game litterally have NEVER been about skills. ever.

another i got was that it was just for beginner, and that once you get more powerful companions ( kavat ) you must sacrifice something... which is just stupid. it should get better, not worse.

Edited by mikakor

Gotta love it when people exaggerate theoretical ripple effects. IIRC they cried out in doomsday speech over arcanes being put on Eidolons too and ruining the market.
If anything it's a Chesa apocalypse now. They're borderline useless for their main skill now that all companions can use vacuum. yeah they can disarm single targets at a time but the poor things can't out-disarm Loki.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, mikakor said:

dude, if ONLY you knew. i was thinking a few days ago about doing the damn exact thread xD i know some people on this forums who were constantly saying that it would ruin the kavats and result in a massive nerf... what a load of bullS#&$, i'm amazed by their stupidity xD if we make a board and look at every people who use pets/sentinels, we can still see that people use more sentinels than pets. and nothing really changed... lol, their stupidity was delicious, but the best was that we made a thread to correct the way Fetch worked, to make it what people wanted it to be. and that's how the doom sayers were ridiculized 🙂

Yup. You just ruined it. 😐

You just reminded DE that nerfing kavats is a possibility. You didn't realise that after a buff, there's often a nerf. And yes, now we are seeing more pets being used, and longer because until you get tired of bringing them back to life, you can keep them around. 

Yeah people still run Sentinels, but the shift is noticeable. All it would take for a nerf to be guaranteed is for a couple of the content creators to make a video titled "This Helminth Charger makes ALL other companions OBSOLETE!!!" or " DEAR DE, this build is why I NEVER use a Sentinel" 

16 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

so its just pointless epeen flailing over some stupid peoples stupid arguments. thats alright i guess?