Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best frame

futurerick

The only good frame to buy is Excalibur. When he's on sale, he's sometimes cheaper than a slot + orokin reactor...

Everything else depends on play stile.

If you hate spy missions Ivara is a good investment. Not only can she make said missions quite easy (especially with her augment), she would be a pain for you to farm otherwise (her parts drop only from spy missions).

Look up the Warframes on Warframe wiki, or watch the warframe profiles on "PlayWarframe" YouTube channel to get an idea of which one you want. They are all good, which is why everyone is having a hard time answering your question. Which one you prefer simply depends on which one matches your style.

If you're asking which one is best for low skill players, generally one that has a very consistent survivability mechanic. For example, Zephyr can deflect bullets with strong winds and Rhino can become invulnerable temporarily. Inaros has a crap ton of health points and Nidus can cheat death after he mutates enough. Limbo can make himself intangible while in the rift, and Loki/Ash can become invisible for a period of time. In the long run, relying on those survivability mechanics too much can be a crutch, especially since their other abilities are more team focused and can actually help the squad complete the objective, but if you just want to buy a frame to have fun for a little bit and not die, those are some of the ones I'd consider.

Nidus is hard to get.

Ivara is Harder to get.

Gara is hard to get and pretty good with standard mods.

Get frost prime from earning get valk prime from earning or buying easily through the buy sell market. Definitely don't buy them through the Warframe market.

Edited by (XB1)krisdangerfield
Snow Globe master race

Honestly... would I recommend buying them, not really, the plat would be better used on just grabbing lots of slots imo. 

Having said that the rng for equinox (I bought this as I just couldn't be bothered with the rng lottery on 9 parts) might be a bit high for some (it's 9 parts from one boss) so that would be my vote for the 'best frame to buy', whether it's the 'best frame' is another matter.

EDIT: Not everyone has had as bad rng as others, personally I had no real issue with most frames, apart from khora, that was a little more tedious to grind than usual. 

Edited by LSG501

20 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

Almost all of the female frames are god tier...The ones that aren't simply aren't god tier yet. This skews expectations long term.

Mag requires skill and is god tier so her and a starter to boot. Nova is the same way. Because they are squishy without paying attention good as well.

The only frame I bought was Nidus early on. Never regretted it. 

Not a single valkyr? Listen if you want a easy way to grind things alone or with a team with assurance of life without having to grind hard asf to obtain them. Go for valkyr. Shes a good a frame as any other that require 10x the grinding. Rhino, Excalibur, Mag, zephyr (if you want crowd control and tankiness). The newer frames like Gara, Inaros and even revenant, although yes theyre literally OP, if you dont wanna grind right off the bat heavily and are new, just go for the more basic warframes instead of the more recent ones.

Best frame?  Any and/or all.  

My personal opinion on which to buy:

Ivara - I am still grinding Spy missions for BP and neuroptics.  I burned out and added it to my wish list just in case I got lucky for Christmas.  Will pick back up the grind after Christmas.

Khora - another frustrating grind.  Will come back to trying to get her later as well.

Nidus - The parts are repeating a single mission node multiple times.  Also, the quest for the BP had me frustrated, when you have to keep score within 10.  Think I lost over 500k credits on the mission.  He is fun, though, now that I have him.

Harrow - loved the quest, hate defection missions.  Have done a few with not a lot pf luck.  The Ivara burn out killed my desire to do defections as well.  Will come back around to him later as well.

Octavia - I got lucky on her, other than the ODS part.  I needed Kavat codes anyways, and I still got it within 15 missions.  If your RNG luck is bad, can understand wanting to buy her.  She is pretty fun to play, also.

22 hours ago, futurerick said:

Only a good frame for the missions of the solar system

If you could only choose one for everything (and you really shouldn't) then I'd say Rhino.

Instead, I'd recommend widening your search to 2 (fine), 3 (better), 4 (maybe overkill) frames...

One for Grineer missions: I can recommend Valkyr for this, and she's easy to farm.  As a bonus she's great for Nightmare Alerts, or any no shields Nightmare mission.

One for Corpus missions: I can recommend Mag, and she's easy to farm for. As a bonus she trivializes any Hijack mission.

Flip the frames around for void fissure missions.

You can stop here, or...

One for spy missions: Although excal isn't so bad at it because of radial blind, I can recommend Loki because he's easy to farm.

One for infested missions: You don't really need to since infested are on the weak side, but... Ember would be good for that if you wanted to specialize, and she's easy to farm.  And why not?

Primed versions if you can, if you like the frame and want to invest more than a couple potatoes in them.

Edited by Daemonjax

• 1 month later...

There is no best frame, as all frames are stronger than others in different scenarios etc. So if you're new I would recommend getting Rhino as he's the easiest solo frame to get in the game early without spending plat.

Although Excalibur can be played through the whole game as he's the most diverse frame in the beginning.

Edited by NinjaStylishNoobStalker
Added a note.

Well all three starter frames are usable throughout the starchart. 

What I usually use when I just want to go trough missions with minimal effort is Revenant. It's easy to mod him and easy to play him.

But his kinda hard to obtain I think. I wouldn't know since I have every material that I will ever need to build anything. Getting his blueprints was really easy for me. Didn't have to gring at all since I got them on first try.

I guess nidus is also good since he also has everything. Defenses, Dps, CC. Geting his parts though is not something that I would like to relive.

On 2018-12-23 at 3:07 PM, futurerick said:

What the best frame for a casual player to buy?

how much do you want to play? because any frame can do all content easily, all that changes between them is how.

namely if you play a nuke frame you'll just mindlessly clear missions with little precision/involvement, and if you play anything else you just mindlessly follow one of the inevitable nuke frames you run into with even less involvement.  (this mostly only matters in a group setting though, if you are going solo it reverts to not mattering again)

If you are a noob use excalibur or rhino.Excalibur can slaughter everything with exalted blade and rhino's iron skin will carry you most of the time.If you didn't already use your twitch prime trial use it to get trinity prime,she is a very good warframe.I also like mesa.