Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

please improve the drop of mutagen sample

Sothiss

The amount of oxium drops has been greatly improved.  We can spend less time getting more oxium so that we almost never lack oxium. But as the amount of oxium drops increases, the difficulty of getting mutagen samples become obvious. Compared to fieldron sample and detonite ampule, the drop chance of mutagen sample is very low. It can only be obtained from the orokin derelict. If you don't have resource booster and resource drop chance booster, you can only get a few oxiums from each mission.
  So please improve the drop of mutagen sample.

Well, not to break your heart, but this game isnt made for soloing. You can, but it will be worse experience and progress speed at almost every turn.

And i dont see devs improving that all too much, coop is the main point and the biggest part of the community. So solo aspects that could be improved likely will stay in a very dark corner of "maybe" room alongside Conclave.

ps  Coulda just join clan with all research done anyway, that takes no effort. Most clans requirements is like nothing but your ign to invite you.

Edited by Sormaran

They actually did improve the drop rate of Mutagen Samples a while back. Maybe 6 months after the Hema incident.

I currently have about 750 of them and I took a screen shot from the 4 years I'd played when Hema came out and had 260.

I haven't changed anything in the way I play and I actually used to farm Derelict for Corrupted mods / Nova Prime / Nekros back then.

So in a year I accumulated x3 the Mutagen Samples I had gotten over the span of 4 years and no you won't find any documentation of this.

4 minutes ago, Naftal said:

You're asking this in a wrong place. Obviously the people who've already farmed Hema research will say it's good as it is.

Aye, you shouldn't disrespect what others have gone through because it would devalue their suffering. /s This is some crazy Kinoku Nasu S#&$.

27 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

I was able to get the 5k MS for the Hema in two weeks at most. Solo. I wasn't even hardcore farming. It was more than a year ago, so I'm not sure anymore how much I got in one 1 hour ODS but iirc it was about 100-200.

Hold the #*!% down there, buddy! Farming 5k samples with speed of around 150 per hour means you farmed over 30 hours. This makes at least 2 hours per day. This is hardcore farming. Not everone wants or even can spend so much time playing video games.

1 minute ago, Prany said:

This is hardcore farming.

Point of view I guess. I've read things about 10hrs per day farming for MS and taking weeks with a full squad all contributing towards thr research.

2hrs a day for me is like: Pick Nekros, start an "easy" movie you can watch while running around ODS and extract. That's the reason I don't think it is hardcore.

Also for comparison, this is what my clan and me did when the first PS event dropped. THAT was hardcore farming!

resources39.jpg

This is what happens when you don't kill much in the derelicts.

I also note that they do drop on eris rarely, caches on sabotage may drop them for example.

The less you kill and loot while doing the truckload of activities in the derelicts, the more you have to farm later on, warframe is based on the rule that the less effort you make, the more you have to play, stop asking the devs to increase the drop chance as it is already way to high.

I sugest doing the captures with around 200 kills instead of doing 2 and extracting as that is ammong the least efficient ways to play the game.

Not everyone has luxury of always active clan or competent pubs. Some people have a lot of work - they have real life friends and families. Why should they be punished for having life beyond Warframe? This shouldn't be work.

Edited by Prany

20 minutes ago, Prany said:

Not everyone has luxury of always active clan or competent pubs. Some people have a lot of work - they have real life friends and families. Why should they be punished for having life beyond Warframe? This shouldn't be work.

You do realize that any competent clan leader will see trought that bs right?

If you farm nekros, corrupted mods, scaning enemies, scaning kavats, search for statues (maroo's mission sometimes is in the derelict), or even simple things like completing the star chart will net you several mutagen samples

A player that replies something along the line "i haven't found any mutagen samples to donate" is simply a player trying to mislead the clan altogether.

Completing missions and killing 2 enemies grants you the penalty of farm later on, you may see players rushing missions from very early on, but do you realize that is among the least efficient ways to play?

instead of rushing captures, sabotages, being unprepared for survival because you can't kill properly and so on, kill in said missions, take the time to loot and that extra grind will be removed, if you find a clan member donating like 1 or 2 samples after like a week, boot him.

Farming for a certain resource or complaing about a resource grind is the 1st clue that the user isn't all that great in a mission, spending most of his time running, killing enemies that come at you doesn't require any degree of competence, it's more about motivation.

no motivation = more grind.

1 hour ago, Naftal said:

You're asking this in a wrong place. Obviously the people who've already farmed Hema research will say it's good as it is.

The more grind Warframe has, the more there is to do. I do have Hema done, but even if I didn't, I still would like it to remain the same. The more DE reduces grind, the longer we have content drought.

Just look at Fortuna. You don't have to craft any Arcanes, you barely need rare gems, and reputation costs are relatively cheap. Compared to Plains of Eidolon, there is much less to grind for and why some players (like myself) are now stuck waiting for the Exploiter Orb fight.

1 minute ago, Voltage said:

The more grind Warframe has, the more there is to do. I do have Hema done, but even if I didn't, I still would like it to remain the same. The more DE reduces grind, the longer we have content drought.

It's more about keeping farming requirements even close to similar, and also keeping decisions about changes similar.

There are plenty of other examples where DE have made things easier regardless of people already doing the farm with a harder system, the same should've been done with mutagen samples. The decision to not do this to mutagen samples was arbitrary as hell.

I agree that there should be grinding but it shouldn't be like it is now where 90% of the content requires little grinding, 9% requires a lot of grinding and Hema/Sibear require S#&$ton of grinding while being mastery fodder.

Reward-effort ratio should remain around the same always.

I know how farming goes. I play solo a lot. Nothing has been much of an issue for me. After our Shadow clan split in two Glost clan allience (lack of players), I built dojo and funded all the research alone. And it was absolutely nothing to me. In fact, I take pride in my acomplishment - it was after all built for our community. Not everyone runs their clan like it's a gulag.

I farmed Hema for (back then) practically empty clan. And I wouldn't demand anyone to do something they may hate. Thought that my clanmates may end up in draconian workcamp like some of your clans makes me shiver. Sorry, lads, I posess empathy - that's just how I am.

Also - no fun = no motivation

Other solutions would be adding some good side loot to ODS or a node on Eris's surface with horde mode and increased spawn rates leading to increased drops.

ODS is simply not worth the time anymore just for the Hema mastery and relics you can get elsewhere.

14 hours ago, Naftal said:

Im on a moon clan, one of the first to farm it and I still say they should nerf the amount it requires. It was clearly a mistake but instead of owning up to it, they just pretend it's okay.

Either you make all research requirements closer to hema and go that route or just fix the one research where you sink over 90% total mutagen samples needed for all research combined.

15 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Point of view I guess. I've read things about 10hrs per day farming for MS and taking weeks with a full squad all contributing towards thr research.

2hrs a day for me is like: Pick Nekros, start an "easy" movie you can watch while running around ODS and extract. That's the reason I don't think it is hardcore.

Also for comparison, this is what my clan and me did when the first PS event dropped. THAT was hardcore farming!

resources39.jpg

To the public eye 2 hours is considered as hardcore (judging people who watch TV for hours on end and say its fine)

Farming 2 hours straight everyday fir 2 weeks on the same mission (emphasis on same mission) is pretty hardcore tbh. If you were playing other things for 2 hours as well it would be considered ok, but the same ODD/ODS???

ODS? Go ODD, Nekros/Pilfdroid/Nidus/anything else, preferable Rhino Buff. Pilf(low range, high str) summons the kraken on the objective, Nidus (with lowest duration possible and highest possible range) spams larva on the objective, this ensures that even range mobs get entangled on the tentacles and at the same time there is no loot spread across the map.

Ever since I have been running this setup, never looked back at ODS.

I'd say that, since there are only a few research/crafting items that require a stupidly high amount of these resources (MS, Cryotic, Oxium) I really don't see the problem of leaving them as it is, let's just hope DE wont drop another of these pearls in the future.

Also, don't rush things, specially mr fodders.

Edited by ZarTham
adding more info

If I recall they said Hema research cost was a mistake but wouldn't go back on it since some clans had already put the work in.

Of course I recall having plenty of my time wasted with PoE after they lowered crafting costs, increased bounty rep, gave bounties a reward per stage instead of per bounty and then later added Arcanes to Eidolons after I'd already Solo'd 120 Teralyst. So whatever but I doubt it will change. Mutagen Samples were a problem for long term players because there's literally 0 reasons to go there and when  you're done with mutagen farming, much like that Nidus mission type. There's again, no reason to go there.

Eh, i'm glad i don't have to play Infested Salvage anymore after farming Nidus tbh.,most boring mod for me, stay in the middle and spam EV-Link-Bless or Saryn Spores, rinse and repeat.

ODD/ODS and their void variants and other endless modes sure could use some extra incentive to become farming spots again, i like the void tileset and the Kuva Fortress tileset but farming them is not rewarding enough right now, the broken spawn rates also make Europa Excavations unplayable.

Corrupted mods in ODS/ODD every 20 or so waves wouldn't be too broken, it wouldn't get people to farm the modes extensively just for that, but could work as side loot.

Mutalist mods which could be to some extent customizable variants of existing mods dropping from Eris's surface the same way along with Mutagen Mass.

But it can be solved by just adding old loot elsewhere.