Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Favorite frame and why?

(XBOX)SilverSurferGuy

Excal: Poster boy/Rather solid JoAT frame.

Harrow: CC+Crit Chance booster? Yes plz.

Khora: It's great to be one of the small few who know just how strong she is.

Rhino: Nuff said.

Garuda: Great solo frame.

Rev: "danse, danse Revanent"

Baruuk: "Neo+John Wick frame"

Equinox.

Because when you give me a warframe that has an aimbot specter, sleep CC, diet speed nova, damage reduction and enemy slow, 70% ability strength buff to your team, a strong heal, Ember WoF style screw-you aura that CCs, which is also a scaling nuke ability....

...all in a single build?

F*** yeah i'm using it.

Edited by An_AMCAR

For me it's not JUST the frame. It's the set up. And while I do swap some weapons for stiuationals, my general set up is:

Ember Prime
Arca Plasmor
Sonicor
Orthos Prime.

And the modding as well. I dont use the world on fire mod. I use the sonicor. Str over 300 and getting my efficiency up. As long as you have mobs, you have blueberries. And if Im not killing fast enough with WoF+Sonicor, then the Arca with 25k+ Radiation and 93% status picks up the slack. In between reloads it's the Orthos til I get enough space to be able to reload safely. Have plenty of Health pods for emergencies. You will need them.

Why? Because sitting around in a corner is boring and with the way I have it set up, the word squishy comes to mind. So to keep from getting targeted, you have to keep moving and moving FAST! Very high paced, very exciting, very deadly and very intense. Makes it very fun. Dont get me wrong... I use other frames. But with the way I play the Ember, I have the most fun. Im not some one who builds the min max, huge DPS builds or the min max tank or the pattern build of any kind. This is uniquely mine. There is a lot to this build no min maxer would ever do. But I love it.

Edit: Oh and look at my Avatar. Any space ninja that looks like Howard the Duck HAS to be played!

howard-the-duck.png

Edited by ThumpumGood

17 minutes ago, An_AMCAR said:

Equinox.

Because when you give me a warframe that has an aimbot specter, sleep CC, diet speed nova, damage reduction and enemy slow, 70% ability strength buff to your team, a strong heal, Ember WoF style screw-you aura that CCs, which is also a scaling nuke ability....

F*** yeah i'm using it.

I love the duality augment. A kohm or Rubico Prime powered equinox clone is crazy!

Nezha. He's good ol reliable. Gets any job done. But the reason why he's my favorite frame, is how his ability sounds.. It's really fun.. Like when i start Fire walker that sound of flames is great. I love Using blazing chakrm to the point i hit 2 while using other frames, and i love seeing all those health orbs drop from enemines or seeing a tough enemy marked and i melee them. Warding Halo is a good ability, and the reason why i use him often and know he can be helpful to other teammates. Divine spears i love going to low level mission and looking the mini map with red spots and seeing it all disappear. Or when i teammate need to be revived i help them out. Or even being in hard defense mission and where at the last health, i help out. What about interception mission. He's really great. And not mentioning his delux skin. 

Gara! My first frame after Excalibur, and I've loved her since she came out of the foundry. She's stylish, tough to kill, and it seems like everyone has a slightly different way they like to mod her to fit their play style or objective. Cruise survival missions with 90% damage reduction and inifintely scaling damage if you keep your 2-4-1 combo up, or set up defense with Frost, either stationary wall style or just glassing the whole map. Natural polarity for Rejuvenation and her Mending Splinters augment means she won't go down easy, and possibly neither will her team.

Mag is also so good. She's like. Tiny cute frame with a surprisingly wallop, considering how I had heard people talk about her 😕 Maybe not the tankiest, but if you play her smart she's quite durable while making enemies less so.

Honorable mentions to: Ivara, Titania, Zephyr (Prime b/c look at how pretty!) and Oberon.

2 hours ago, An_AMCAR said:

Equinox.

F*** yeah i'm using it.

I dont know much about equinox, mind sharing your build with me please

21 minutes ago, (XB1)Lwyu said:

I like how some people are saying mag when in the past not long ago she was called trash for whatever reason that is when she was literally strong and normal.

There was a point when she was pretty bad, and I say this is a MAG main for around 5 years. She's had some very sharp ups and downs. For a while she was literally only useful against Corpus. Really, really useful against them, but she couldn't do much against anything else. Her ups and downs have been pretty drastic. From crushing everything, to just corpus, to being moderate against everything. Now she's great against everything but infested. She can still handle them with her 2, but not having Polarize do anything to them is pretty hard hit to her kit. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)tissot555 said:

I dont know much about equinox, mind sharing your build with me please

Note: i just tried this like 3 days ago. If someone can improve this please let me know.

My current build is this (pretty energy hungry though..);

Corrosive Projection aura

Power Drift

Vitality, Streamline, Intensify/Umbral Intensify, Peaceful Provocation augment, Primed Continuity, Stretch, Blind Rage (partially leveled to -30% efficiency), And a free slot for anything you want (i usually use Duality).

The idea is to use day form's Maim and augmented Provoke's power strength boost (around 70%) to kill low-medium level trash mobs through the aura's contact damage alone, or at least wound them pretty bad. At higher level, maim is mainly for CC so that you can waltz up to your enemy's face all willy-nilly while they are stunned from the bleed, and befriend them with an Amprex. Since your Maim's range is around 20m, its range should be close enough to let you kill enemies before their CC animation wears off, but still wide enough to nuke a group. 

If you feel your enemy is not dead enough, use your Rage on them. Then befriend them. They are now probably dead.

If you feel that you're in a pickle, or your day form shenanigans isn't scaling well enough, switch to night form and use your Pacify. It gives you decent damage reduction, and thanks to the augment also slows down enemies the more you/your friend receives damage. If some random grineer manages to hurt your feelings through all that, use your Rest to put them to sleep.

If you feel like your range is too short, add more range on your free slot and/or replace power drift with cunning drift. If you want to cheese with Maim contact damage, put power conversion on the free slot and pick an energy orb before using your Provoke and Maim. If you feel like you're too squishy, put adaptation/rolling guard there. If you have no idea what to do, put flow/primed flow. If you want to have fun, put duality (and yes, the duration is sad, but 15 seconds of quickscoping equinox specter is still 15 seconds too long for your enemies).

Inaros because he looks dope AF and his abilities compliment my run n gun/hack n slash play style. Also has a good amount of versatility to him being a top tier tank. Overall, an easy frame to main and a strong option for virtually every level of content.