Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could we get an alternate Paracesis?

Rivyn

Just now, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

What, you mean like a good version?

Wait, what? Did I miss a memo: Paracesis isn't good?

It's not AS powerful as Gram Prime but there's still a fairly considerable gap between that and not good. The things among the most powerful crit-based melees in the game, and that's including Zaws.

Yeah, I don't use it, but that's more due to not liking how it handles as heavy blade which to me doesn't mesh well visually with the grace of Warframe but that's not really on the stats of the weapon.

• Like 5

the last Demo we saw for Melee 3.0 showed some tempo Royale moves, and they look a lot more fluid, which is nice. hopefully the melee rework will make them more suitable for you. as for an alternate version, I wouldn't be against it (what's one more Sword after all?) but I doubt we'll get one. I suppose they made it a Heavy blade to further signify that it is meant for defeating even large sentients, that it is this grandiose Orokin blade that represents Ballas' new intentions and all that. 

that, and giant swords are always cool. they're in most well-known fantasy franchises after all. I'm more of a Polearm/short blade guy across other games but I do like heavy weapons as well, and while Galatine prime will always be my favourite, Paracesis is still pretty solid.

on the one hand I would like a one handed version of the Paracesis.

on the other hand I think that the title of Sentient Slayer carries a certain weight. A weight that can only be expressed by swinging a Sword the size of a mountain to kill the undieing terror from beyond the stars 

• Like 1

Just now, WindigoTG said:

Well, duh. It's a heavy blade. And those have terrible stances, which makes them trash.

Well, my Paracesis can cut pretty much any enemy in half with very little if any trouble, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong to make it so effective.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, WindigoTG said:

Well, duh. It's a heavy blade. And those have terrible stances, which makes them trash.

Not even maxed out and you can sleep through any content (that is melee able... tridolons don’t count).  Hardly trash.  And using the crouch key during comboing allows for more movement during the animation.

• Like 1

I’m still peeved that Paracesis has Gram Prime’s passive of increased slam radius and increased ragdoll lift (which could indirectly be made into increased ragdoll knockback based on the angle of the slam). To some extent it’s a pretty awful passive, especially for a weapon that might need an extra hit or two in with a base 12% Status Chance.

It’s no Gram Prime, so the proc chance of status ailments in comparison to it is vastly deep. Paracesis is the heavy blade that you want to go and bulldoze the crowd with heavy critical hits. However, the passive may affect your CQC with enemies if you ended up slamming.

The Paracesis would be a much better weapon if they removed this feature. It’s not exactly a very welcome passive (this Gram Prime passive doesn’t even affect Sentients, which puts more salt on this already open wound).

Isn't the Paracesis kind of an alternative to Umbras Skiajati? Two different concepts, but are more or less meant to be sentient slayers with sacrificial mods? I mean, if you don't care about the bonus against sentients then you could just as well go with any other blade.

I am sure more similar weapons will pop up with the New War though. This is probably just DE testing the concepts and giving us a chance to prepare. 

Edited by SirTobe

33 minutes ago, SirTobe said:

Isn't the Paracesis kind of an alternative to Umbras Skiajati? Two different concepts, but are more or less meant to be sentient slayers with sacrificial mods? I mean, if you don't care about the bonus against sentients then you could just as well go with any other blade.

I am sure more similar weapons will pop up with the New War though. This is probably just DE testing the concepts and giving us a chance to prepare. 

Threre are some difference, when Paracesis reach rank 40 it has Void damage bonus that can do what Operator void damage can. Like, remove the Sentient damage resistance or alternating the Orb barrier. I think it also can damage Eidolons' shield? I don't know but it should can.