Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Third Party Warframe/DE Accounts!

(NSW)Gregory

Yo.

So here’s what I personally would like to see Warframe developers strive for in 2019. As the title suggests- third party accounts. Like how Epic Games does things.

You have one account, and you can login to that account on any platform. All progress and purchases are tied to that account.

With the introduction of these accounts, you’d have the option to migrate all purchases from your PC, PS4, Xbox, and Switch accounts. You can migrate progress over from one of your accounts, or you can choose to start fresh.

Yes, I’m aware this topic is gonna get a lot of hate. No, that isn’t going to prevent me from posting it. It’s a great idea.

Anticipated responses:

”But Sony/Microsoft etc. won’t allow it”

They allowed Fortnite. DE just needs to push for a new deal with these companies.

”But Fornite isn’t Warframe”

No, but if they can do it, anyone with enough skill and know how can.

”Are you a developer? How would you know what can and can’t be done?”

It was done, ergo, it can be done.

”But Warframe is just a small company. They don’t have the pull”

I’m really tired of people underestimating this company, and nobody is asking them to do it alone.

“But until all the builds are the same, crossplay just isn’t possible.”

That’s a good point. DE needs to either find a way around this, or get all platforms on the same version.

“You’re entitled.”

Bi*** I might be.

”inB4thrdlocked”

M’kay den.

”Let’s derail this thread with pictures of cats”

I mean...I like cats. 🤷‍♂️ 

If full on Fortnite style crossplay isn’t possible, synced purchases at least. If you buy Prime Access on one account, you should be granted it on all platforms.

That’s right. Account linking. I’d settle for that, at least in the short term.

• Like 1

Sign me up. 

If I had access to my 5 year old account on all platforms, I would probably buy another console and Switch. 

I've invested a lot of time and money on one account, being able to use it whenever and wherever I want would encourage me to spend a lot more money on the game. (I like gifting things)

20 minutes ago, (NSW)Gregory said:

But Sony/Microsoft etc. won’t allow it

20 minutes ago, (NSW)Gregory said:

But Fornite isn’t Warframe

This pretty much sums up why this won't work for some platforms, in order to make these cross platform stuff happen a lot of money has to change hands, EPIC makes billions off Fortnite so they can afford to do this but DE is a small company who don't have battle pass or a ton of other money grab systems in their game so they would probably go bankrupt before your suggestion happens

21 minutes ago, (NSW)Gregory said:

Yes, I’m aware this topic is gonna get a lot of hate. No, that isn’t going to prevent me from posting it. It’s a great idea.

no not hate, just a whole lot of corrections.  Like this one for example.  

21 minutes ago, (NSW)Gregory said:

They allowed Fortnite. DE just needs to push for a new deal with these companies.

Epic Games has a different level of agreement than DE.  Something DE has attempted to strive for, for a while.  These are the breaks of contracts and contract levels between Sony and developers. This includes Microsoft.  

24 minutes ago, (NSW)Gregory said:

I’m really tired of people underestimating this company, and nobody is asking them to do it alone.

Then perhaps you need a refresher...  DE was a small developer when they had entered into their agreement with Sony back in 15, NOvember 2013 and XBox on 25, March, 2013.  If I recall, renegotiations for either of these consoles is once every 5 years unless strings are pulled.  Usually with someone within Sony/Microsoft inviting this to be changed.  Technically they still are a small developer given the size of their company in spite of the size of their huge player base.  While this is impressive, it's clear from a business standpoint, they're working very hard to do all the things they do for that player base, but it is still a small company.

28 minutes ago, (NSW)Gregory said:

That’s a good point. DE needs to either find a way around this, or get all platforms on the same version.

If you know a better way, might I suggest you start pulling your strings with Sony & Microsoft.  Because failing that, rules are rules in a contract.  

• Like 2

PC and console versions are different and for cross play DE would have to hold back PC builds until the console build certification was completed. Console versions wouldn't benefit from the additional bug reporting PC players currently do.

Plat and Tennogen are handled differently on consoles.

Excal Prime will never appear on consoles, even for founders.

The list of things not transferred in the recent switch migration show there would be other problems including market exploits.

Sony and MS take a cut of plat sales I believe. Buy on PC and use on consoles = unhappy Sony and Microsoft.

The list if problems goes on.

I would like that but I don't see it happening. Especially the cross-play with PC part since PC will always be ahead in terms of builds. Regarding consoles though, DE said that all consoles will be in content parity in 2019.

Warframe on Nintendo Switch will be in content parity with all other consoles in 2019 (exact date TBD).

https://www.digitalextremes.com/news/2018/11/warframe-hits-nintendo-switch

Am 11.1.2019 um 08:22 schrieb (XB1)RDeschain82:

Excuse my ignorance but I don't understand why at least PC and Xbox One couldn't cross platform Warframe.. is it only because of the cert process? Because correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Microsoft a PC company 1st platform company 2nd? 

Because DE and Microsoft are two companies and they are on two different platforms + servers + because of Cert Updates.

And i didnt understand this "but isn't Microsoft a PC company 1st platform company 2nd?"

On 2019-01-11 at 7:22 AM, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Excuse my ignorance but I don't understand why at least PC and Xbox One couldn't cross platform Warframe.. is it only because of the cert process? Because correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Microsoft a PC company 1st platform company 2nd? 

Actually Microsoft is a profit making company first with PC and console platforms a distant second. Any cross platform means you can buy plat on PC and transfer that onto the console account without them getting a cut which they won't like.

Whilst cross-play would immensely benefit the players Sony and Microsoft (and Nintendo now) have exactly zero reasons to even think about it unless there is some way of them benefiting financially from cross play, which there isn't. Sad for us but true.

On 2019-01-11 at 12:22 AM, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Don't forget DE use steam, and steam handles the tennogen workshop stuff. So if they want pc and xbone crossplay then DE have to get their own launcher like Epic game but with a workshop....so yeah...

Imagine all the Hate Warframe would have to face if all Platforms had to deal with ALL THE BUGS after a bigger update for Weeks while the first Hotfix is in cert for the Consoles...

I'd rather leave things as they are now PC as Bugfix Platform that gets the content early but smoothens the experience for the Consoles and the Consoles as "almost" Bug free version with a smoother experience.

Am ‎11‎.‎01‎.‎2019 um 05:45 schrieb MagPrime:

I've invested a lot of time and money on one account, being able to use it whenever and wherever I want would encourage me to spend a lot more money on the game

I'm in the same spot But seeing all the restrictions DE has put on the Items one could transfer to the Switch version (Basically all the hard to get stuff Arcanes/Rivens/Fashion Frame) it highly discouraged me from transferring my Account as it wouldn't feel that good to lose basically hundreds if not thousands of Euros/Hours spend.

If I could freely use all my equipment(that exists on the current Build of the Platform) on any platform I would be likely to play on all the Platforms I own(PC/PS4/Switch) the only thing DE would have to do is making all Items only tradable on the Platform on which they were acquired. So PC Players couldn't exploit the Market with the endgame items on Day one for the Other Platforms.

This way anyone could play with all that they farmed/bought on any Platform without ruining the Market on the other Platforms. This could even lead to Console Players switching to PC helping Fixing Bugs and then switch back to Console for their favored experience (e.g. Motion Controls on the Switch).

Edited by Darkuhn

• 2 weeks later...

“As a player, I would love it. As a developer, it’s one of the highest-risk things we can do. Because a lot of the games that are doing it (and it’s still very early days for this), a lot of those games came late to the platforms and had different negotiating environments to establish their contracts. On top of that, we are a game that is constantly changing. We change the game modes, we change the gameplay. We do huge, huge swings constantly. It is something that we’re all interested in and we do discuss it.

Although we would like to do this, it is something I don’t think that we can promise right now in January. Maybe there are different degrees of this. One that we’ve been talking about is allowing you to share progress between the platforms, share items, something like that.

Those things are a lot more doable than getting everything in sync and doing complete cross-play than it is a sudden, overnight switch.

I’m feeling optimistic. I know they can’t promise anything, but still. I have faith that (if not soon, then eventually) they will make it happen.

Well personally I don't care about the item sharing, the whole point of cross-play is being able to play together in mission, not just trading. Maybe a possible solution would be splitting the PC into a test build and a stable build. The stable build would be the same as consoles so any PC player who doesn't want to deal with the bugs and/or wants to play with console friends could stick to it and do it. 

I do have to wonder though, if they do implement it in increments like they said is more possible, what happens if you bought the same Prime Access/Unvaulting twice?

Like, I bought the Fire & Ice unvaulting on PS4, and if I buy it again on Nintendo, and then transfer over my purchases to the Xbox, will I have two Ember Primes/Frost Primes etc.?

• 3 weeks later...

https://kotaku.com/sony-says-its-open-for-business-on-ps4-cross-play-but-1832570505/amp

A related article.

Seems like a LOT of companies are pushing for crossplay, both great and small. A joint effort, and plenty of pressure on Sony in particular (this is why I stopped playing on the PS4- Sony, as a company, is completely awful) will get the ball rolling in the right direction.