The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr is not that bad

JackHargreav

Not that good either. But I tried out if she would be somewhat useful against the Terralyst and the Profit taker among many other things. I would say she can complete any mission pretty easily. (Except infestation missions.) But going back to our giants. Zephyr could survive both of these enemies without a sweat really. I usually use her for Profit Taker fights since there is always a Chroma in the squad and usually I can deal a decent amount of damage from far away staying alive by deflecting damage. And whenever someone goes down I can just fly in and revive my teammates.

So yeah. Zephyr is kinda good. But I would be happier if her first would be a toggle ability (or something that, u know, makes her FLY) and her 4 would be something more useful and less annoying.

Zephyr has always been good, problem are players expecting her to Nuke the map.

She is more of a Mobility/Support frame and her pros show up when used with the appropriate weapons since her Turbulence with the augment can turn many short ranged weapons into snipers and cause weapons with strong fall-off to deal high damage at range.

I main her since Update 12 when she came out and far before her rework i was already topping the mission summery against most other frames.

I use her for Arbitration missions, i am almost completed buying everything that the Arbiters of Hexis and i havent died a single time.

She can also play the defender role in Defense missions where there are no Frosts as her protection moves with her.

11 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

But going back to our giants.

I am yet to test a full Range + Duration on her against Eidolons as i noticed her Turbulence is able to diverge the attacks from the Bombardment phases of the Eidolons and other smaller annoying projectiles they release constantly.
Against the Orbs tho she is quite good and im eager to test her against the Exploiter as when i play near it, her Turbulence makes its main Beam curve to the side and its Ice missiles stop in mid-air.

9 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

and her 4 would be something more useful and less annoying.

If your idea of playing is getting into a room and spamming 4, than she is not the kind of frame for you. Her 4th ability has the right moments to be used and it can be very powerful, again when combined with the right weapon.

Any frame that has a good ability for survivability is instantly in the "not bad" category. Combine that with the speed from her 1 and/or the Augment for her 3, and she can also be pretty fun to use in missions. The problem is she doesn't have much else that's useful. 

Her 2nd ability seems like an afterthought and her 4th should be better and more consistent/controllable. She's actually a lot like how Nezha use to be. The bare minimum is supposed to be 2 "strong" abilities and then maybe the rest of the kit can just be okay. If a frame only has 2 okay abilities, there's a real problem IMO.

il y a 3 minutes, BiancaRoughfin a dit :

If your idea of playing is getting into a room and spamming 4, than she is not the kind of frame for you. Her 4th ability has the right moments to be used and it can be very powerful, again when combined with the right weapon.

No I actually hate the press 4 to win gameplay style. It's just that something is kinda off with this ability. It seems to me that the tornadoes don't have a really good range. The other thing with them is that they move around a little bit too much and sometimes It's rather annoying to try and shoot them. So a tweak would be nice to this ability imo.

il y a 2 minutes, BL4CKN0ISE a dit :

Her 2nd ability seems like an afterthought and her 4th should be better and more consistent/controllable. She's actually a lot like how Nezha use to be. The bare minimum is supposed to be 2 "strong" abilities and then maybe the rest of the kit can just be okay. If a frame only has 2 okay abilities, there's a real problem IMO.

Yeah her 2nd ability is kinda "weird" and boring. (It's pretty useful against those new Corpus melee enemies though.)

il y a 1 minute, ChaosSabre a dit :

The problem is a frame is average it's not gonna be considered that useful. Why take Zephyr when you can take something better. Only thing she has good in her kit is the shield but why not just pick a Mesa if you are gonna go that route.

Shatter Shield deflects bullets but u still take damage. Turbulence deflects all damage from bullets. So in a way It is actually better.

9 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Yeah her 2nd ability is kinda "weird" and boring. (It's pretty useful against those new Corpus melee enemies though.)

It is nice for certain enemies, but I haven't used her in awhile. I actually need to try some new builds with her now that I think about it. I forgot to test out some of the Arbitration mods with her. She can be very tanky and fast. She use to be the meta for me and my friends when there wasn't much time left for an Eidolon hunt. We all would use her and we wouldn't even get lures until the final phase. When we broke a limb, we would just fly straight up into the air to avoid the magnetic proc and then just quickly fly wherever the Teralyst would teleport. It was actually pretty fun. 

Edited by BL4CKN0ISE

Her 1st is okay in open world

Her 2nd a bit weird but okay

Her 3rd is amazing

Her 4th, a bit cluncky since the tornadoes moves slowy, you have to zoom onto a specific location, so have the tornadoes can move to that location. I am not really fan of this ability, I think some people enjoyed this ability

2 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

it is a large amount of CC and with its augment it has more range so she could be good as the keep the rabble down frame during the orb fights

Ability One) is only really useful on the open world maps but Archwing exists and Titania can fly faster than Zephyr  so I find it a rather pointless ability.

Ability Two) is an okay AOE CC but still fairly lack luster.

Ability Three) is hands down her best ability and for good reason.

Ability Four) in all honesty I don't know how to use it properly.

-Passive- I hate it I would prefer no passive. Trying to go down after a bullet jump is a pain, you can jump too high missing a doorway and if you sprint across uneven terrain and you want to make a sharp turn good luck. hate this passive with a passion no wonder why its considered a nightmare mission modifier which supposedly makes the game harder.

Edited by Raqiya

49 minutes ago, Raqiya said:

-Passive- I hate it I would prefer no passive. Trying to go down after a bullet jump is a pain, you can jump too high missing a doorway and if you sprint across uneven terrain and you want to make a sharp turn good luck. hate this passive with a passion no wonder why its considered a nightmare mission modifier which supposedly makes the game harder.

I use her for the passive more time for bombardment when using explosives

5 hours ago, Raqiya said:

You can tap aim glide to stop vertical momentum. 

12 hours ago, spirit_of_76 said:

it is a large amount of CC and with its augment it has more range so she could be good as the keep the rabble down frame during the orb fights

Actually the Augment doesnt increase range and completely removes the CC function as the tornados no longer lift enemies. It does however increase the potential damage the skill can do.

12 hours ago, Raqiya said:

You an use a brief airglide to cancel the ascending after a Bullet Jump. If you master her mobility and passive, you can take the most advantage of it. I often leave Volts behind.

9 hours ago, DanteYoda said:

I absolutely hate Zephyr... I have more fun on Wukong and Vauban..

Shes just horrible, level and shelve imo.

I'm serious..

Describe why or your comment cant be taken seriously.

It's not about not being able to nuke the map. It's about being underwhelming. Tail Wind and Turbulence does their job, nothing to argue against that. But Airburst is a very poor CC ability and is extremely clunky to use due to its tendancy to get stuck on the environment too easly, and Tornadoes are just too clunky to use effectively due to how slow they move and how low their pickup range is.

I heard Tonadoes could be made useful with funnel clouds, but that's about it. You shouldn't require an augment to make an ability good.

Airburst needs a better ragdoll and hitbox. Tornadoes needs a better pick-up range and faster movement.

• Like 1

Zephyr is one of the mediocre frames...

1. Only good in Open Worlds (because of endless archwing its not a big deal anymore)

2. Completely useless

3. "I can survive!"

4. Mediocre at best... she should get a new ult or the tornadoes should be useful... in either state (lots of them and many or just 4 normal ones) her 4 is trash. Why would you use it? To shoot with weapons into it to apply stats effects and THEN you can kill them? Pls...

18 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

Not that good either. 

Actually, she is quite good. 

However, she's not a nuke 'frame. If that's your metric, then, well, you need a new metric. 

What Zephyr can do is be a superb, high-mobility gun platform with excellent survivability. She also has a significant amount of CC. If your idea of fun is one button wonders that /afk through missions, then you are going to be disappointed. 

• Like 2