Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When are consoles going to get an update?

(PSN)Veloseraptbaby99

Question

The reason you have to wait is because of the console certification process.  Microsoft and Sony go through a process to make sure any new update doesn't cause system/network/game issues and therefor console updates aren't anywhere near as frequent as PC.  It wasn't too long ago that you got the 24 update (just over a month ago) so I don't imagine there will be another update until around a month from now.  That's just the price you pay by playing on console, and the price that PC pay is we suffer all the bugs for you.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Starfreak911:

The reason you have to wait is because of the console certification process.  Microsoft and Sony go through a process to make sure any new update doesn't cause system/network/game issues and therefor console updates aren't anywhere near as frequent as PC.  It wasn't too long ago that you got the 24 update (just over a month ago) so I don't imagine there will be another update until around a month from now.  That's just the price you pay by playing on console, and the price that PC pay is we suffer all the bugs for you.

The Cert doesn't take that long the last one for the Fortuna part 1 was just one Day. They just fix all mayor bugs on PC before the update is pushed to Console. Fortuna Part 2 takes so long because DE had a break over Christmas so effectively its just 2-3 weeks since the launch on PC.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Veloseraptbaby99 said:

Lets remember that there hasnt been any sort of update after pc got multiple, this is longer than usual.

DE Megan said on the xbox monday stream today they gonna try to start certificate consoles update this week.

Edited by (XB1)Dex Xean

20 hours ago, Starfreak911 said:

I won't let it die. 

Steve - "Console Tenno - looking forward to your constructive criticisms of the state of your UI. Do not let outrage guide the discourse - we are trying to shorten your cert cycles and improve Warframe. We screwed up and its not done yet. Focused suggestions ftw!"

https://mobile.twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/1004359182039085057 

Please stop blaming the cert process entirely on Microsoft/Sony, and now Nintendo. 

19 hours ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

Sell console buy PCmasterrace.

Don't remember where I read it, but console makes up over 50% of Warframes sales, you'd think buy now they would curb this hype train. 

It doesn't help that value wise, a Nintendo Switch is really a better alternative to a laptop for mobile gaming, both in power and gaming choice. 

At the end of the day the cert does cost money and that's really what it's about. 

35 minutes ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

I won't let it die. 

Steve - "Console Tenno - looking forward to your constructive criticisms of the state of your UI. Do not let outrage guide the discourse - we are trying to shorten your cert cycles and improve Warframe. We screwed up and its not done yet. Focused suggestions ftw!"

https://mobile.twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/1004359182039085057 

Please stop blaming the cert process entirely on Microsoft/Sony, and now Nintendo. 

I'm not blaming it entirely on MS/Sony, but they are the ones who make it so consoles don't get updates as often as PC because of the cert process.  Now the degree to which the consoles fall behind the PC can also be attributed to DE but it doesn't change the fact that if certs were removed then console could be hand in hand with PC in terms of version release times.

Also your "I won't let it die" comment suggests you're letting another discussion spill over into this one.

19 hours ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

Sell console buy PCmasterrace.

That's simply not an option for everyone and even if it was, some people would still prefer consoles for other reasons.

Edited by Starfreak911

On 2019-01-21 at 2:19 AM, (PS4)Veloseraptbaby99 said:

Why is it that I've seen warframe youtubers with tons of new things to work with when I've been waiting for a very long time for just the new update? Would love to get Nyx rework as soon as possible!

Steve Sinclair wants to match Nintendo switch and the other consoles updates that be in the same update.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)GameNerd300 said:

You must be new here. Be patient Tenno, us console Tenno are second in updates to the PC Tenno. (Trust me, waiting to play with the new hotness SUCKS when you see the PC players running around with new shiny things. but at least we don't have to deal with all the bugs and hotfixes to those bugs.)

I get bugs all the damned time.

• Missions Freeze
  • Enemies don't spawn unless the team sits on top of one another (and even then the rate is abysmal)
  • Randomly running and the camera will stop following the character
  • Ability in Use Bug where you cannot use any ability until jumping off a cliff to reset or dying
  • Kuva cloud registers the hit from operator but doesn't count and the cloud stalls in place
  • Weapon randomly stops proc'ing status. Must stop firing for a moment and fire again to fix.

This game is plagued with consistent bugs. I don't wanna hear the stable release story.

1 hour ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

Nice, so DE said they won't force PC updates to be held back because of console but for PS4/XB1 they force them to wait because Switch?

Synching console releases won't necessarily mean waiting for the Switch...

Once the Switch catches up to the current console build, going forward Panic Button can probably get the Switch update ready in the same time window as the DE teams working on both the XBox/PS4 ports...the glass is half-full?

On 2019-01-21 at 2:19 AM, (PS4)Veloseraptbaby99 said:

Why is it that I've seen warframe youtubers with tons of new things to work with when I've been waiting for a very long time for just the new update?

I'm willing to bet just as the public Anthem Demo launches.  DE tends to launch their updates right on the cusp of any competition's releases.  Just a trend I've noticed over the years. 

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

55 minutes ago, (XB1)GameNerd300 said:

That's crazy, I don't experience any of those bugs. Not trying to minimize your frustration, (Those are some controller throw inducing bugs) but damn, If bugs like that can still exist in console builds, what's the whole purpose of the cert process??

To make sure there's no critical crashes that utterly destroy your console or cause corruption.  They aren't looking for general game bugs in cert, they're looking for potentially dangerous issues that can impact your console - and even then, the cert team is no stand in for the 1000s of people who will experience unique issues, they can't detect everything..  

2 hours ago, Godzilla853 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/1070494787789312000

It’s  the tweet below they want to make the updates in tandem with all 3 consoles.

The issue is that they forced this awful cursor UI on consoles with the promise that it would allow for faster update cycles. So far they have not fulfilled this promise and we have been stuck with a suboptimal UI for a controller for a while now. I often wonder if anyone at DE is a console advocate because so far we continue to be treated like second rate customers.