Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anthem and what Warframe can learn from it

_Urakaze_

7 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

That is a typcial EA thing. Star Wars the old Republic went through the same, so did BF 4. Both games ran mindblowingly awesome in their betas, then at 1.0 it was a mess for many. In ToR there were so many graphical options that didnt work. Had to force (no pun intended) AA and other setting to get a smooth non-flickering gameplay with massive fps drops at random.

Or anytime there were enemy spawns🤣

As to Anthem... Game seems decent for me so far...there's a ton of QoL stuff needed still and the jury is still out, for me, regarding whether it will have legs long term.

The stuff most folks are fussing about with the game doesn't even rate that high in my book tbh.

Sadly, the biggest question that's come to my mind when I look at Anthem so far regard...

Which game would have been better had they maintained this setup for both: Anthem or Andromeda?

Anthem is nifty but if Andromeda had allowed multiplayer co-op across the its' planets with regular events and slow discovery of new planets in the system and  events to acquire new races/colony ships I think they'd have had more of a winner on their hands. 

Only thing i would like to see warftame afapt from anthem is choosing difficulty of missions before going into them. 

The early planets get cast aside quickly as you get further into the star chart with only needing to go to them for a few specific mods and resources and the open worlds. But what if we could go back to them and up the difficulty? What if you love the layout of the earth interception tiles and want to farm neo or axis there? And this could be use on later tile sets to boost those up to sortie levels. Only thing is we need some more rewards to incentivize doing this since only things now would be just upping the era of the relics earned. 

3 hours ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Only thing i would like to see warftame afapt from anthem is choosing difficulty of missions before going into them. 

The early planets get cast aside quickly as you get further into the star chart with only needing to go to them for a few specific mods and resources and the open worlds. But what if we could go back to them and up the difficulty? What if you love the layout of the earth interception tiles and want to farm neo or axis there? And this could be use on later tile sets to boost those up to sortie levels. Only thing is we need some more rewards to incentivize doing this since only things now would be just upping the era of the relics earned. 

Their version of difficulty is 95% of every other game's version: more health/armor/shields and more damage.

I wish Warframe had adaptive A.I. along with it's scaling enemy defenses.  I remember F.E.A.R enemies had scaling A.I. tactics and damage instead of health increases. 

Those were good times.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

Their version of difficulty is 95% of every other game's version: more health/armor/shields and more damage.

I wish Warframe had adaptive A.I. along with it's scaling enemy defenses.  I remember F.E.A.R enemies had scaling A.I. tactics and damage instead of health increases. 

Those were good times.

There has to be an AI before you can make it adaptive 🙂

Edited by rune_me

Well I will say what I'm liking about athem so far and that is the sound of the weapons and javelins. All the weapons and explosives sound good with big bangs and thunderous booms hehe. The rocket boost when running or flying is awesome too.

I wish frames like rhino or atlas could have more weight and force to their attacks like the Colossus javelin does in anthem. I really feel like I'm in some kinda of war machine using it. I would say Anthems combat overall is slower then warframes but can still get just as crazy with all the flashing lights. 

I guess that's the only thing warframe could learn from anthem really. 

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

So what happened to the hype? Lol

Do people generally remain hyped after something is released?

I mean, I don't know about anyone else but I'd rather play the game than sit there hyping about it, you know?

I see your petty post and raise you one logical response.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I mean, I don't know about anyone else but I'd rather play the game than sit there hyping about it, you know?

Wanna play smite? 😄

• Like 1

I haven't played Anthem but I agree about the animations and the feet angling. I was hoping when I put on the "agile" animation set for whatever frame it went to that it would actually be an animation set, not just an idle animation.

I think the main problem is not the AI... There are so many bugs now that a better AI can only mitigate them. This is more a massive slasher than a strategical Shooter, the AI is not so important. The main problem is when you see enemy freezed(no not for Frost), hiding behind a cover and you are behind them dancing the macarena...The player controller is bugged, often i fall out of the bound of the map after a finisher or after be stucked is a corner and many(thousand) others...

Remaining OP Warframe can't learn anything from an incomplete game like Anthem and anyway you can learn more from psychological experiments than trying to clone other people games(Looter shooter).

If they(anthem and warframe) want to learn something good they can just play some of the best japanese games and understand why they are better than others.

A good game can't only rely  on grinding, it's should be:

1)Compelling.

2)Changeling.

3)With great game mechanics.

Edited by bibmobello
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

So what happened to the hype? Lol

Loving the game. Having tons of fun with explosions, builds, lore, dropping some coin on fashion jave, running contracts and Strongholds with friends in GM2, Flying around exploring in free play,  Just got this beast,Screenshot_20190303-020752_zpsgdfvwqae.p and my mates and I combo for days. I've put 60 hours in. And can't wait for all those juicey free updates this month. Generally having a great time!  That said, how's it goin playing "Simon says" for no particular reason in night wave? Is it everything you've hoped for?! Lol

58 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

mean, I don't know about anyone else but I'd rather play the game than sit there hyping about it, you know?

I see your petty post and raise you one logical response

Also this ^ tenor.gif

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

58 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I don't know people was real hype for that failure, didn't turn out to be like the second coming of christ lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Loving the game. Having tons of fun with explosions, builds, lore, fashion jave, running contracts and Strongholds with friends in GM2, Flying around, exploring in free play,  Just got this beast,Screenshot_20190303-020752_zpsgdfvwqae.p and my mates and I combo for days. I've put 60 hours in. And can't wait for all those juicey free updates this month. Generally having a great time!  That's said, how's it goin playing "Simon says" for no particular reason in night wave? Is everything you've hoped for?! Lol

Also this ^ tenor.gif

Hey people still enjoy Defiance 2050 and Fallout 76, still doesn't mean that they were anything other than a flop.

Edited by (XB1)Skiller115
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

I don't know people was real hype for that failure, didn't turn out to be like the second coming of christ lol

You're misrepresenting how hyped people were

And given you're doing it with the intent to mock, gotta wonder about who you are as a person. Keep your pettiness to yourself, please.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

You're misrepresenting how hyped people were

And given you're doing it with the intent to mock, gotta wonder about who you are as a person. Keep your pettiness to yourself, please.

Oh trust me I'm not being being petty or misrepresenting it at all and you seem all too concerned about what I have to say about this. More like it's you and not me.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

Yeah that's what I thought, projection.

You must be bored. What happened? Did you hit your daily grind cap in WAITframe and decided to come to the forums to pick a fight? I'm not understanding your motivation here... maybe you should go outside for a bit...

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

You must be bored. What happened? Did you hit your daily grind cap in WAITframe and decide to come to the forums to pick a fight? I'm not understanding your motivation here... maybe you should go outside for a bit...

Be careful he has a +100% troll on his riven!:kiss:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

You must be bored. What happened? Did you hit your daily grind cap in WAITframe and decide to come to the forums to pick a fight? I'm not understanding your motivation here... maybe you should go outside for a bit...

Yeah he gets to call me petty for no reason other than I guess making fun of a simple game. But yeah I'm picking a fight whatever. Picking a fight would be me going to Anthem forums and just calling the game bad. Now that would be pretty and picking a fight.

Edited by (XB1)Skiller115

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

Yeah that's what I thought, projection.

"No u"

Look at me, I can do it to. You haven't even attempted to defend your pettiness, you've just responded "no u" at every raised point. It's so sad.

You had nothing to add to the thread, you decided to post anyway (after almost a week of it being dead) with the intent to mock people. That sort of pettiness has no place on the forums, and explaining that to you is somehow deserving of playground banter.

Just stop, it's that simple.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

Yeah he gets to call me petty for no reason other than I guess making fun of a simple game.

Yeah? That's petty. You've literally just described how you were being petty.

Congrats.

• Like 1