Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anthem and what Warframe can learn from it

_Urakaze_

firstly, that 20 usd for one skin is nothing more than fake news based on baseless speculation.

secondly, i agree with pretty much everything @Diarist said. im honestly tired of having to wait for a year to have content that doesnt have the replayability of a month and/or has tacked on stuff that either makes no sense or flat out harmful to the flow of combat. 

to the OP, anthem isnt even properly out yet. i'd suggest waiting for release before making these comparisons. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

firstly, that 20 usd for one skin is nothing more than fake news based on baseless speculation.

secondly, i agree with pretty much everything @Diarist said. im honestly tired of having to wait for a year to have content that doesnt have the replayability of a month and/or has tacked on stuff that either makes no sense or flat out harmful to the flow of combat. 

to the OP, anthem isnt even properly out yet. i'd suggest waiting for release before making these comparisons. 

Lol ok sure it's not like a bunch of other people aren't talking about it plus I question whether or not you even looked past the title, but hey when game hits with that same price tag eh lol we already warned ya

12 minutes ago, Chaemyerelis said:

Anthem had a demo, its a bit early to be stating that warframe can learn anything from Anthem.

I don't get the deal with everyone hopping on the Anthem train! It's like everyone suddenly had amnesia or was born yesterday when it comes to EA's horrible business practices Everytime EA makes a new game people instantly forgive and forget! Bioware has been irrelevant ever since that mess Mass Effect 3! 

Edited by (XB1)Skiller115

as mr 26 i can say there is nothing that need a combo wombo .. for me atleast ( only  viral rad + gas and  + cor for long run and fun )

2 wut ? meh no

3 . mmm few frames need rework ( specialy titanania movment yea )

It's new and shiny.... that's it. Looks great, sounds awesome, but it's a demo you have to preorder for. I'm not wasting any money on AAA titles when every single game from 2018 was crap, and this year started with fallout 76. The big game market is approaching a crash. It's gotten way too bloated with awful cashgrabs, and unending poor business practices. Quality has taken a back seat, to greed.

DE doesn't need help from EA. (Do you want loot boxes?) They should all take a good look at the example warframe has set. Free to play, not pay to win. Listening to the community, and being upfront with what's going on. I definitely don't mind throwing down some cash here and there for some sick nasty tennogen, or prime accessories.

I would wait on anthem, see where EA takes it on launch. Save some cash for the prime vault. Plus every dingbat youtubber is covering it, so you can laugh at them spending money on money. (For them a tax Wright off).

Maybe combo system might not be such a good idea, but this definitely needs to change

Ballista

they are such a fodder unit, it seems that whether they hit you or not is entirely RNG, and 90% of the time they miss. They either snipe you across the map or miss you point-blank

in Anthem and other games like Just Cause 4 snipers actually hit you reliably if you don't make sudden movements, so players needs to be more aware of the situation. In WF you can literally stand in front of them, so improve their aim.

12 hours ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

Lol ok sure it's not like a bunch of other people aren't talking about it plus I question whether or not you even looked past the title, but hey when game hits with that same price tag eh lol we already warned ya

just a bunch of people talking about it does not make it right. thats one of the dumbest arguments one could make about anything. facts are that "leaked screenshot" doesnt represent anything because there isnt a shards to usd conversion anywhere and devs themselves said so that thats not the decided amount of shards they wanted to in the first place. so yes, your "warning" is nothing but misinformation based on fake news. 

would it suprise anybody if that fake news ended up being real? absolutely not. nobody forgets that this is ea. but its not exactly fair or even reasonable to attack a game over fake news and misinformation. 

Wonder how this thread will be like after a month of anthems release and EA does EA things to it. Since it's starting to be trend amongst games to have no microtransactions at launch so all the reviews go fine then when they stop they come rushing in. We've already seen this with the red dead 2 online and black ops 4. And bioware doesn't have the option to leave EA like bungie with Activision since bioware is owned by EA.

It's getting harder and harder to think "anthem is going to be just fine, EA isn't going to do anything to it". Meanwhile EA has been bombarded with controversy this entire year and losing a crap load of stock, the probability of anthem being filled with garabage microtransactions is high, even though they said there won't be lootboxes and the leak image wasn't final prices there are plenty of ways to force people to buying premium currency.

• Like 1

The ridiculous hatred in this place is amazing. Mogamu, Potatoe,Life of Rio, and other respected streamers of Warframe content all have some good things to say about Anthem, as have many of us who played it,  Destiny, Anthem, The Division2, and other looter shooters are good games and have done some things well. You can dislike EA's business practices and still admit that Bioware developed a good game. Some of the things in these games would not fit in Warframe, Anthem in particular has a very different feel and  style, yet adjustable difficulty setting, the use of vericality, end game focus, all come to mind as things that should not be copied but studied and adapted.

Failing to acknowledge the accomplishments of other developers is silly, it is better for the game if you examine other peoples work and try to improve upon some of their better ideas to make Warframe shine even brighter.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

I know one thing DE can learn from Anthem and that is to never charge 20 dollars for one #*!%ing skin!

https://youtu.be/7IKs4d5oj04

Instead they charge 20$ for some of the actual Warframes, right?

Cheeky potshots aside, I'm simply pointing out the flaw in the logic of trying to make a mountain out of the prices of a 'leaked' store. Especially since Warframe can be pricey in certain aspects too. It takes 50 plat to rush a Gravimag that costs 20 plat to buy outright. Warframe has its inconsistencies too. The pricing in the image is apparently not true for the final version of the game. Until launch we wont know how different the price model is. On the bright side, it's just cosmetics. Hopefully it does end up a decent bit cheaper. The 10$ range is comfortable.

If the price of a skin in Anthem turns out to hang around 10 to 15$ then the price point isn't meaningfully different from Warframe.

• Like 1

Just now, Blatantfool said:

Cheeky potshots aside, I'm simply pointing out the flaw in the logic of trying to make a mountain out of the prices of a 'leaked' store. Especially since Warframe can be pricey in certain aspects too. It takes 50 plat to rush a Gravimag that costs 20 plat to buy outright. Warframe has its inconsistencies too. The pricing in the image is apparently not true for the final version of the game. Until launch we wont know how different the price model is. On the bright side, it's just cosmetics. Hopefully it does end up a decent bit cheaper. The 10$ range is comfortable.

If the price of a skin in Anthem turns out to hang around 10 to 15$ then the price point isn't meaningfully different from Warframe.

True. A lot of people point out that Warframe is free to play and thus gets a pass, while Anthem is a full price game and needs to have lower prices on cosmetics. What they don't consider is you are paying 65 dollars for the development of a game that should give you hundreds of hours of enjoyment. After that; unlike Destiny all Anthem DLCs will be free, so your micro transactions are supporting the continued work and development of future content, just like in a F2P model

On 2019-01-29 at 12:25 PM, _Urakaze_ said:

Seeing the VIP Demo, well the working portion anyway, really have some good mechanics/visuals that Warframe could take reference from.

1. Combo system

I know we have similar things in the form of combined elemental damage types. We can add more depth to it. In addition, this will be a good chance to buff some underperforming status effects/damage types. To illustrate my idea, I will use heat and magnetic as example

fire proc burns enemy and after 3 seconds, soften the armor and enemy armor is reduced by 50% for the duration of the heat proc. If magnetic proc is applied to enemy while the armor is soften, 50% of armor is stripped permanently.

the possibilities are infinite.

2. Customization

let us choose the texture and condition of warframes

3. Movement animation

I like how each javelin have their own movement set that fits their role/style and it adds immersion. Specifically the movement set of interceptor makes it feel more agile, which goes well with the assassin/ninja class

for warframes, we could add several different movement set base on classes/roles/styles that can be changed just like static animation, since adding unique movements for all warframes would be a huge pain

imagine Titania hovers while moving and shooting

another thing is the legs, they should adjust according to the terrain so that two feet are always stepping on the ground. Of course this is not a feature created by Bioware, but it is a nice detail that Warframe can have nonetheless.

just my 2cents

Anthems combo system is incredibly cheap, it’s been ripped from dragon age, one of the most mechanically bankrupt games there is.

Anthems combo systems provides an illusion of depth. Any “prime ability” can be triggered by any “detonator ability.”

All it does is make playing by yourself more restrictive and provides an illusion of depth.

Warframe

• Free2play: accessible to everybody right away
  • Premium currency and certain items can be traded between players
  • Playable though Steam or stand-alone launcher*

Anthem

• Pay2play: only accessible to those who pay ~ $60
  • Trading between players is either non-existent or very limited from what I could gather
  • Playable through Origin only*

Nothing to compare here.  They are too different.  And..... and....could it be that those who can, WILL PLAY BOTH GAMES!!??
This childish mentality that people play only 1 videogame is silly. Cut it out, our dads will never fight each other so saying one can beat up the other is stupid. :tongue:

* the problem I see with this store exclusive behavior that is on the rise recently, it is annoying for the consumer.
I feel like playing game X, gotta start up Uplay.
I feel like playing game Y, gotta start up Origin.
I feel like playing game Z, gotta start up Epic. 

STAHP!  At least offer stand-alone launchers on the side!  They are making it about them (and their investors)  instead of making it about consumer-friendliness.

13 hours ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

It's like everyone suddenly had amnesia or was born yesterday when it comes to EA's horrible business practices Everytime EA makes a new game people instantly forgive and forget!

Nothing new. Gamers have a short memory. They can get screwed over and over again by the same company, every time they swear THEYRE NEVER GOING TO BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM AGAIN THIS TIME 4REAL GUIS!!11. Two months later they go and buy the next Cashgrab Simulator [insert year here] because surely the company learned their lesson after the previous tirade.

16 minutes ago, Blatantfool said:

The difference is that you have to drop 60-80 bucks on Anthem just to play the damn thing. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned but in my opinion MTX do not belong in a full-priced game, period.

Edited by Guest

15 minutes ago, MystMan said:

Warframe

• Free2play: accessible to everybody right away
  • Premium currency and certain items can be traded between players
  • Playable though Steam or stand-alone launcher*

Warframe may be F2P, but it also has one of the most viciously anti-new player experiences in any free to play game. The only reason more players don't quit is because the community makes up for DE's tutorial and early-game shortcomings.

Even being F2P it is a stretch to say Warframe is accessible to everyone.

It is also worth noting that we can't possibly know how trading will work in Anthem because it is rare that trading would be needed in a demo and it wouldn't come as a surprise if they simply just didn't have it enabled. We have to wait for more info on that.

Edited by Blatantfool
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

The difference is that you have to drop 60-80 bucks on Anthem just to play the damn thing. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned but in my opinion MTX do not belong in a full-priced game, period.

This is a perfectly reasonable opinion and I agree with you. Unfortunately, we live in a world where MTX in paid games is neither new or special. Everyone complains, everyone spends anyway. Being into this hobby also means accepting the reality that you are participating in a consumerbase of hypocrites. No valuable discussion is left beating one of the biggest dead horses in the industry. It's just stupid, sick fact of life now. It is also a little more than ridiculous to stifle discussion about the games themselves over that one issue that we'll never see change.

Edited by Blatantfool

20 minutes ago, Blatantfool said:

Being into this hobby also means accepting the reality that you are participating in a consumerbase of hypocrites.

Well, the current state of the industry has kinda turned me off from gaming in general.

Older games and those made by indie/comparatively small developers are basically all I play these days. AAA is pretty much dead to me.

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

Nothing new. Gamers have a short memory. They can get screwed over and over again by the same company, every time they swear THEYRE NEVER GOING TO BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM AGAIN THIS TIME 4REAL GUIS!!11. Two months later they go and buy the next Cashgrab Simulator [insert year here] because surely the company learned their lesson after the previous tirade.

OK, let's look at games like Witcher 3 what many claim is an excellent value by CD Project Red. It gives you 60-100 hours of gameplay for $65. So if Anthem gives you 100 hours of enjoyment for your money you have a good value. Now ALL Anthems DLCs will be FREE. Your micro transactions for cosmetics are how you are paying the developers to work on new content. The alternative is paying ridiculous $35-$40 dollars for Destiny like expansions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pr1A said:

Well, the current state of the industry has kinda turned me off from gaming in general.

Older games and those made by indie/comparatively small developers are basically all I play these days. AAA is pretty much dead to me.

I pretty much feel this post in my soul.

Warframe is something I play because I have for so long in a sense. I'm always game to see this game take something good and run with it. I don't know yet if I'll even actually play Anthem. The odds strongly lean towards no to be honest. However I also know that there are bound to be a handful of really decent parts of the game and if thats true it'd be interesting to muse about how Warframe could evolve from them. TBH the only downside of this thread was that it was made too early. Still too much info up in the air.

10 minutes ago, brucifer1 said:

OK, let's look at games like Witcher 3 what many claim is an excellent value by CD Project Red. It gives you 60-100 hours of gameplay for $65. So if Anthem gives you 100 hours of enjoyment for your money you have a good value. Now ALL Anthems DLCs will be FREE. Your micro transactions for cosmetics are how you are paying the developers to work on new content. The alternative is paying ridiculous $35-$40 dollars for Destiny like expansions.

I remember the days when you could just buy a game for 50-60 bucks which included absolutely everything, then maybe spend some more on expansion packs (real expansions, not 'you have to pay us to fix this game into acceptable state') on the following years.

Edited by Guest