Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Here's how I kill Unalerted Tusk Balistas - Riven Mod

(PSN)Boardtodeath_TV

Hey guys, so I am kinda new to Youtube and want to create content for Warframe, I did a few videos and I am doing a lot of vidoes on Riven Mods, If you have better ideas on how to do these, let me know in the comments, I am also learning and by all means not a Vet in Warframe, I just enjoy making videos and hopefully helping new players. Thanks for the support, this community is amazing :)

Whaat, somebody did a Youtube video about the Riven Challenge I suggested? I am flattered.

A suggestion to you, OP: redo the audio and say "she" instead of "he". Tusk Ballistas, like all Ballistas in the game, are female. You don't want half of the comments on your video being about the fact that Ballistas are female.

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Boardtodeath_TV said:

Hey guys, so I am kinda new to Youtube and want to create content for Warframe, I did a few videos and I am doing a lot of vidoes on Riven Mods, If you have better ideas on how to do these, let me know in the comments, I am also learning and by all means not a Vet in Warframe, I just enjoy making videos and hopefully helping new players. Thanks for the support, this community is amazing 🙂

No need to take the bounty though. They are on those towers regardless if its bounty or not. Just take silenced sniper (and you get one with Junctions) and one shoot them.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

Whaat, somebody did a Youtube video about the Riven Challenge I suggested? I am flattered.

A suggestion to you, OP: redo the audio and say "she" instead of "he". Tusk Ballistas, like all Ballistas in the game, are female. You don't want half of the comments on your video being about the fact that Ballistas are female.

lol, always shot them from far, so never noticed, I tell you man, you learn things in Warframe EVERY day, love this game.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

That's an easy one, do the solo interception lvl 30 or higher with a hobbled key, that drives me nuts 

Thats ridiculously easy tho... You know you can still bullet jump with full speed... And just grab a large range aoe frame like banshee or volt

Edited by Mr.SpookSpook

that ones an easy one: just go into Free Roam on the plains with a Sniper Equipped (I use Vulkar Wraith as it has the Longest Zoom setting), then carefully fly in the direction of a Sniper Nest while scoped in looking at it. ease towards it until the Ballista spawns, then stop in mid-air and take your time to line up a shot. you don't need any form of silencing, you should be far away enough and should kill the Ballista instantly so they cannot be alerted. rinse and repeat on different sniper nests until the challenge is complete. simple.

7 hours ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

That's an easy one, do the solo interception lvl 30 or higher with a hobbled key, that drives me nuts 

Nyx, max range...some duration...capture the high point first on xini, then the back room, then A&B.   Because of the AI they will always rush the high point node.  Just keep casting your chaos and take a nap.   How I get to round 100+ while farming axi relics.

Well if you're gonna make a video on these to help newbies and for entertainment, doesn't hurt to help a bit since I complete rivens for my entire clanmates.
*To be noted there's probably ways that are easier that I don't use because I'm just too lazy to find other means*

Challenge ; Get the killing blow on "x" amount of Sentient.
Solution : Enter Plain of Eidolon at night and use Operator mode to kill Vombalyst whilst a riven is equipped.
Side note : If the challenge include a modifier like "While invisible", you can try projectile Amps or Void Dashing damage to finish them off.
This will give you enough time to trigger invisibility.

Challenge ; Find "x" amount of caches.
Solution : Plain of Eidolon's bounties contain an objective in which you need to find 3 caches in a small area, those actually count.
Otherwise it's very easy to memorize the cache placement of Earth Sabotage nodes.
Side note : If the challenge include a modifier like "Undetected", be wary to not trigger the actual Sabotage objective as it will raise the alarm.

Challenge ; Synthesis a Simaris Target without ability or Traps.
Pre-phase ; Pick a target from Cephalon Simaris in the relay, don't rely on your teammates to find a target.
Pre-phase 2 ; You don't need to look for the target, just hold the scanner in your hand and press the aim button for a millisecond in every room, once you get close enough the Simaris Icon will mark the target for you from as far as 3-5 rooms in advance.

Solution : Target can be knocked down by melee attack or blast procs.
Solution 2 : You may also use Warframe ability such as Rhino skin or Invisibility BEFORE the encounter, they will not trigger Riven failure.

Challenge ; Kill "x" amount of airborne Condrocs
Solution : In Plain of Eidolon, there's a massive sentient pillar towards the left side of the map (Next to the ocean) around which 4 Condrocs always flies in circle.
If you miss those 4 shots, go back to Cetus and reload Plain of Eidolon.

I'll stop right there, these are a few niche tricks for those challenges. that I personally use.
I would've done other challenges but the solution to those is pretty vague "Use this warframe ability to do this obvious thing" doesn't really make for a good video.
Good luck.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Someone posting here had a Riven challenge where you need to run a lvl 30 or higher survival without killing any enemies, and with the decaying key on. That's a fun one, you could do that or a similar if you come across it ☺️

Ivara... thats all you need. With prowl you dont need to kill anything and with invis you can chill.

Edited by DerGreif2
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Chappie1975 said:

Nyx, max range...some duration...capture the high point first on xini, then the back room, then A&B.   Because of the AI they will always rush the high point node.  Just keep casting your chaos and take a nap.   How I get to round 100+ while farming axi relics.

Awesome,  will try this.  Got a rifle riv that's been staring at me for about 3 months with this challenge.   Probably end up being trash but gotta hope for that tiberon.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Someone posting here had a Riven challenge where you need to run a lvl 30 or higher survival without killing any enemies, and with the decaying key on. That's a fun one, you could do that or a similar if you come across it ☺️

This is relatively easy.

Use any stealth frame and break lockers.

Or for even more cheese AFK with Ivara.

Also, the challenge on the video is one of the easiest. Now a real challenge is the one about 3 headshots in one aim glide.

Edited by Ver1dian

On 2019-02-04 at 6:03 AM, Ver1dian said:

This is relatively easy.

Use any stealth frame and break lockers.

Or for even more cheese AFK with Ivara.

Also, the challenge on the video is one of the easiest. Now a real challenge is the one about 3 headshots in one aim glide.

Elara, Jupiter survival. One of the tilesets starts with two air vents, you can bounce on them in permanent aim glide. Hitscan weapon, pop heads.

10 hours ago, Myscho said:

Pretty easy with Limbo

Not sinced the last limbo changes.

What I do is Scourge alt fire that attracts fire towards enemy heads then aim glide with zephyr with high rate of fire secondary.  I use parana prime for that. Usually get the riven unveiled in first or second round of Hydron.  Pretty easy one