Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Killing enemies above level 25.

Driedbacontoat

Question

After dropping this game twice, I've truly tried warframe, and i love it. Unfortunately, After reaching Uranus, I've bumped into a wall.

The enemies take multiple shots to kill, I find myself losing my shield before I know it. I often finding myself losing the mission. I look up guides, only suggesting things like upping the damage on my mods. use elemental with crits of status. I've been trying those, but i'm still struggling. I've barely passed cressida by myself without cheesing with Hysteria on Valkyr.

Do I just keeping upping the damage on my Miter? Serrations cost alot to upgrade, passed level 6. I can't hit any "Procs" despite having a status chance of 80.3%. I heard corrosive is OP, yet i can't hit it. What do I do?dXDXaqC.jpg

25 answers to this question

I remember falling into same trap when first started playing WF.

First...Valkyr is not good until you have extra armor mods and support mods that heal you. At low lvl you really can use the restore advantage of shields. So try different frame.

Second..Miter is also not ideal option. And at low lvl ( <50m) you profit more from Crit weapons than status weapons. 

What is your current MR? and what other primary weapons do you have?

Miter isn't exactly a strong weapon, and with it's rate of fire it's not going to feel like it's putting out a lot of status compared to say, a Grakata with the same status chance... unless you get it to 100% status.

And honestly Rifle Aptitude is one of the worst mods in the game. You'll get better results with almost any other mod in that slot.

Also Valkyr has very very little shields. You should be losing them quickly. The main purpose of her shields is as a resource to activate her third ability. If you need more survivability with her use Vitality and Steel Fiber.

Edited by AXCrusnik

7 minutes ago, Mover-NeRo said:

I remember falling into same trap when first started playing WF.

First...Valkyr is not good until you have extra armor mods and support mods that heal you. At low lvl you really can use the restore advantage of shields. So try different frame.

Second..Miter is also not ideal option. And at low lvl ( <50m) you profit more from Crit weapons than status weapons. 

What is your current MR? and what other primary weapons do you have?

Mr 6. The only notable primary weapons i have are the Hek and Sybaris. I can build a Boltor, Gorgon and Vulkar if needed.

h3zNZzg.jpg

I also have these frames.

Edited by Driedbacontoat

At lower levels, I would focus more damage, crit, and damage rock/paper/scissors to get the most out of what you have. Uranus, for example, has a lot of armored enemies, including Alloy Armor enemies like Drekar Elite Lancers and Bombards. I had a similar problem until I switched to a radiation Hek (high puncture damage), so give that a try.

Also, I should note that multishot distorts your displayed status chance. Remove that Split Chamber to see the real per pellet chance.

And forget about shields on Valkyr. Build her for health and armour instead.

Edited by KnossosTNC

8 minutes ago, Driedbacontoat said:

Mr 6. The only notable primary weapons i have are the Hek and Sybaris. I can build a Boltor, Gorgon and Vulkar if needed.

h3zNZzg.jpg

I also have these frames.

Try using frost and HEk, or build Boltor. Try same mission and see the difference.

Also yes, Rhino is really strong. Provide dmg buff and extra surviveability 

Edited by Mover-NeRo

Hek is a pretty good low MR weapon. That shotgun helped me clear out the star chart although I later switched to ignis wraith when I reached MR 9 but I believe hek can still do decent damage if I throw in a couple of formas to it. The mods for it to be strong enough for later planets aren't that expensive and rare. You can use vigilante armaments if you don't have hell's chamber or if you're lacking capacity.
Here's a video I followed for my build, I didn't copy it as is but I took some of his advice for my build: 

9 minutes ago, Mover-NeRo said:

Try using frost and HEk, or build Boltor. Try same mission and see the difference.

Also yes, Rhino is really strong. Provide dmg buff and extra surviveability 

I'll try the hek out. I'll need to level it up first for mods, though. I'll stick with frost the time being.

Second Mover-NeRo's seggestion to use Hek. Easy to get, and that shotgun can be modded well and carry you through the Star Chart.

But build OBERON. His parts are easy to get, and his armor/health is good. Paired with his healing, you can make him nearly indestructible very easily.

Though, if you want to stick with Valk, put Healing Return on her claws. Lowers the overall damage, but lets you keep going. If you put up your Valk build, we may be able to give you some pointers without needing to resort to high end mods (ie primes or vault mods).

Edited by Ryim_Drykeon
incorrect information

2 minutes ago, Ryim_Drykeon said:

Second Mover-NeRo's seggestion to use Hek. Easy to get, and that shotgun can be modded well and carry you through the Star Chart.

But build OBERON. His parts are easy to get, and his armor/health is good. Paired with his healing, you can make him nearly indestructible very easily.

Though, if you want to stick with Valk, put Healing Return on her claws. Lowers the overall damage, but lets you keep going. If you put up your Valk build, we may be able to give you some pointers without needing to resort to high end mods (ie primes or vault mods).

I've been trying to get the orbeon for atleast a week now, but trying to get the parts from random eximus is a nightmare. Any better ways to get them?

Also, how do i get reloading and magazine capacity shotgun mods?

2 minutes ago, Driedbacontoat said:

I've been trying to get the orbeon for atleast a week now, but trying to get the parts from random eximus is a nightmare. Any better ways to get them?

Also, how do i get reloading and magazine capacity shotgun mods?

For reload Tactical Pump, Seeking Fury, and Chilling Reload (may be more, but these are from my mods with a quick search)

Mag Cap is Ammo Stock.

Though I recommend against modding for Mag Cap, or Ammo Cap. You're far better off with a fast reload, and modding for damage.

Miter Isn't a good weapon for low lvl player , n dont use valkyr. Use Rhino the most with enough strength. For weapon i say sobek or kohm or hek, vaykor hek if possible. n secondary staticor or sonicor. Orthos or Galatine for melee but u need some attack speed mods. That is what i used when i was low rank :)

Edited by (PS4)salem9080
Mistake

Status weapons in General are very situational in where they can be good.

You'l often hear that slash is the best because it ignores Armor and Shields and that's true but its a Damage over Time effect and it simply takes too long to kill enemies with it by itself

Critical Chance/Damage is also alil complex but easier to mod for early on... just follow one simple rule... don't mod any weapon for crit if its base Critical Chance is below 30%... Easy :) 

im at the point in the game where you need to support crit weapons with alil status to help kill them more effectively. 

viral damage, slash damage and heat or not good on their own but if you can get them together in one weapon then the results are great.... The Viral status will half the enemy's health when it proc's , at which point you have 6 seconds to finish them before their health reverts back to normal... you can use Slash and Heat to help you get that damage you need to finish them within those 6 seconds.

I've been playing alot with Viral Damage lately and the results are interesting... some situstioms its and in other situations its meh...

atleast now you have some idea why Saryn is so effective.... getting those Statuses to proc will kill MANY MANY things very quickly.

31 minutes ago, Driedbacontoat said:

I've gotten my Hek to Forma 1.

Do i add status and elemental damage? or should i crit chance to it? or both?

it's a crit weapon.

Go crit (Blunderbuss + Ravage) and add radiation (Electric + Heat) damage. Get you through Uranus no problem.

Edit: in light of your edit, I should warn you that status chance on shotguns are divided up among the pellet count, unless you can get it to 100% without multishot. I believe on the base Hek, this is only achievable through a riven mod.

You're trying to clear the system map. So for now, just go with what I suggested: raw puncture + radiation damage, plus crit for a little extra oomph.

Edited by KnossosTNC

4 hours ago, Driedbacontoat said:

The enemies take multiple shots to kill, I find myself losing my shield before I know it. I often finding myself losing the mission. 

First off, you need to max your mods--and, yes, that especially means Serration. At least get it to 8/10. This mod, along with Hornet Strike, need to be taken to 8/10 as quickly as you can. The rest can be made up later, but 8/10 is absolutely necessary for progression with Serration and HS. Pressure Point and Point Blank (fortunately for you) should also be maxed, but they're 5 rank, so easily done. 

Secondly, lose the Miter. It's crap. There's no use sugar coating it. It has some utility for specific situations, but it's not a generalist weapon, especially with you still needing mod progression. You have a Hek. Concentrate on that (get the syndicate mod soonest...it'll help a lot on several levels). It's a very good weapon and can certainly get you through the star chart. Mod for multishot and raw damage. It's not a crit weapon (the Vaykor Hek is...hinthint) and can't normally reach 100% status, so build for raw damage. It has that in spades. 

Then there's Valkyr. She's a good warframe, but she requires some pretty specific modding strategies to work well. She has no shields to speak of and you'll lose them in a very few shots. This is actually as it should be for her, but if you don't have the health and armor mods to reinforce what she does have, she will not perform well. Best to set her aside until your mod depth is better able to support her. 

You have Rhino. Concentrate on him. He's a very good warframe, especially for newer folks. He benefits a lot from mod depth, but he's good out of the box and doesn't suffer from the touchiness more exotic warframes (like Valkyr) do. He's very good at farming up other warframes, materials, and mods. He also has substantial control options and there isn't any mission type he can't handle. You can branch out from him as you improve your mods and resources. 

Concentrate on those two and you'll see definite improvements in progression. 

Edited by Sloan441
Point Blank gets no respect.
  • Like 1

Ignis Wraith and Rhino. Someone will give you the Ignis Wraith blueprint in chat if you ask nicely and Rhino is easy to get. Forma both 3-4 times and you're good throughout the planetary missions and all of POE with the possible exception of Eidolons where you'll need a sniper and maybe a different warframe, but you'll probably want a party then too.

12 hours ago, Driedbacontoat said:

Unfortunately, After reaching Uranus, I've bumped into a wall.

It's around this point that you really need to tailor your gear and mods to the enemies.

The enemies take multiple shots to kill, I find myself losing my shield before I know it.

Shields aren't much use late game, where you're under almost continuous fire and they just don't get chances to recharge.

This goes double for Valkyr, whose shield is fuel for her 3 and that's it. Mod her for health/armour, not shields. When her health gets low use her 4 to recover it.

Do I just keeping upping the damage on my Miter?

The Miter has an augment that makes it the best Nullifier killer in the game, but it sucks against the Grineer on Uranus. 

You need a weapon that can damage high armour targets, which typically means either high status chance corrosive, or crit + viral build with Hunter Munitions (which you get from PoE bounties).

Uranus also has a lot of Bombards, which are weak to Radiation rather than Corrosive, so whichever you put on your primary put the other on your secondary/melee.

If you're set on Valkyr go for a good melee. You should be able to get something like the Lesion or a decent zaw. You need 5 melee-only missions to unlock the junction so you'll probably need a build like this anyway. You should be using War Cry more than Hysteria, the latter is heath restore and tight spots, but War Cry is all the time! There is a syndicate augment called Eternal War that is amazing for her and you can probably trade for.

Mr 6. The only notable primary weapons i have are the Hek and Sybaris. I can build a Boltor, Gorgon and Vulkar if needed

Hrm. To be honest, Uranus is about where I found the limit of the base Hek's effectiveness to be, and that's the most powerful one you have.

I would build all the weapons you can and go back to earlier content to beat every node and nightmare mission. Round MR8 you unlock weapons that are more effective at this level, but your target should be MR12. That's where the tier of weapons you need for the rest of the map are.

You also want to unlock Ivara by doing earlier spy missions, as past this point they get much harder and she's the queen of spy. Itzal archwing (from the clan dojo) is a big help too.

Also, level up your mods. Once they're all maxed you will be able to take a brand new unranked weapon into level 40 content and hold your own (while levelling that weapon from 0-30 in 10-20mins).

-Max out serration ASAP (if you dont have the cash sell duplicate mods and junk blueprints for credits,  if you dont have the endo start running maroo's sculpture hunt, and looking for them yourself in missions)

-It looks like you need to go hit up PoE for a little bit,  there is ALOT of nice mods there,  Gladiator set,  Vigilante set, Augur set.   Like Vigilante Armaments grants MORE multishot.   

-If your miter is maxed out you can use it to build the panthera.  (DO NOT delete it until you build panthera and master it)

-When I was low level I really liked having punch through on all my guns so I can rip through an entire group of enemies with one clip of ammo.  

It's important to point out enemy weaknesses at that level. Most of the time you encounter Lancers which have Ferrite Armor (weak to corrosive). Once you get to around lvl20+ enemies, they start to spawn Elite Lancers instead which have Alloy Armor (weak to radiation). Since the Miter can't utilize Corrosive procs well because it fires slow and you want several corrosive procs to strip most of the armor away, I recommend using Radiation damage as they will outright deal more damage instead of relying on Corrosive procs to strip armor so you can deal more damage afterwards.

16 hours ago, Ryim_Drykeon said:

Nobody should ever put Healing Return on Valkyr's claws.  Because Hysteria has a built in 5% life steal, you always get more healing by putting those mod points (and Healing Return is expensive on those!) toward more damage.  This also helps you kill enemies faster and thus spend less time relying on Hysteria, so more energy for future uses.

Again, there is never a time you should consider putting Healing Return on Valkyr's claws.  I know you're trying to justify it now, but the answer is no, not even then.  If you really want status synergy, you go with Condition Overload instead.  Far more healing for you and actually costs 1 fewer mod points.

Edited by Reverse830

Mitre is a real good weapon, and I regret making it into a panthera.  However, 

against level 25s you need to examine your weapons and mods.  Warframe is all about the mods.

It looks like to got a decent amount of mods to build a decent starter Vectis.  Its a sniper and its good and can pretty much solve any problem you have on the star map, by deleting it.

If snipers aren't your thing then go for a hek, with scattering justice augment.  

I'd go back and go for Rhino.  Pretty easy to build, no real expensive mods required to make him good.  Until you get to the derelict then you probably want a gara, if your going for as cheap as possible, then Gara can solve most issues with 95% damage reduction, a decent 12 and 4 ability.

Melee, go for Guandao if your in a clan, if not then grind that cetus rep for a dohkram zaw

16 hours ago, Reverse830 said:

Nobody should ever put Healing Return on Valkyr's claws.  Because Hysteria has a built in 5% life steal, you always get more healing by putting those mod points (and Healing Return is expensive on those!) toward more damage.  This also helps you kill enemies faster and thus spend less time relying on Hysteria, so more energy for future uses.

Again, there is never a time you should consider putting Healing Return on Valkyr's claws.  I know you're trying to justify it now, but the answer is no, not even then.  If you really want status synergy, you go with Condition Overload instead.  Far more healing for you and actually costs 1 fewer mod points.

Fair enough.

Never worked up a Valkyr build other than ranking her. Not my style. So never looked into pushing her claws to max efficiency. Went off base melee building, which is apparently flawed here, lol. Editing previous post to prevent mis-information.