The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's up with all the people extracting after 5 waves / 5 minutes ?

Elyann

I don't know if it's just me or what but I've been noticing at least one person per defense / survival mission seems to extract as soon as they are allowed to ; 
coming from Void 1.0 era I am used to stay inside endless missions for hours even....now I don't think everyone should be playing that much of course but...why are you even going to Hydron to leave after 5 waves ? Or to an endless survival fissure to leave after 5 minutes ? 
I am not talking about something that has been happening to me every once every "x" missions, it's happening in literally every single mission I play. It is getting tiring.

• Like 7

Just now, ebrl said:

They probably went to Hydron to level some gear and that gear got to level 30.

They probably got what they wanted from the first batch of relics opened.

I can get it when that happens but....it can't happen in 100% of my runs... ? Right... ? 
I don't know...I guess I am just tired of having to re-queue every time after 5 waves or 5 minutes spent in an endless mission.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Elyann said:

I can get it when that happens but....it can't happen in 100% of my runs... ? Right... ? 
I don't know...I guess I am just tired of having to re-queue every time after 5 waves or 5 minutes spent in an endless mission.

It's probably what the Tenno above said, Hydron is the main lvling area anyway 

From my experience, just typing in chat "10/15?" goes a long way, you'll be surprised by how many people respond to that and go with you to those waves, even more in some cases. Being quiet never helps, if you want to go to certain waves, let the others know, some communication is better than none 

• Like 5

Either they just went to unlock the node in public for whatever reason, or just went to level a single item by a few MR-s.

Yeah, people are selfish, either that or they were just annoyed by a frame/teammate trolling by spamming cc or maybe someone was leeching.

But the first two are the most common reasons from what i've noticed.

• Like 2

There is a reason.

Hydron is the best place to level your arsenal. Maybe they just leveled their weapons and left cause there is nothing to do. I never go to hydron unless I want to level weapons so yeah this is why maybe u get leavers in all your runs.

Also talk to your teammates. Sometimes I level my weapons to 30 and I want to leave but if someone in my team asks if we want to go for more I will always accept and help them level their weapons even if I finished there. So yeah! Talk and tell them what you want to do, you will be surprised 🙂

Edited by Rhaegar2k17
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

It's probably what the Tenno above said, Hydron is the main lvling area anyway 

From my experience, just typing in chat "10/15?" goes a long way, you'll be surprised by how many people respond to that and go with you to those waves, even more in some cases. Being quiet never helps, if you want to go to certain waves, let the others know, some communication is better than none 

Pretty much this. I never stay longer than I have to. Once I have what I want, I leave. But if someone asks in chat if I could please stay to wave 20 (or whatever), unless real life is getting in the way, I have no problem staying to help them out. But if you aren't asking, I have no way of knowing what you expect from me.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Elyann said:

I don't know if it's just me or what but I've been noticing at least one person per defense / survival mission seems to extract as soon as they are allowed to ; 
coming from Void 1.0 era I am used to stay inside endless missions for hours even....now I don't think everyone should be playing that much of course but...why are you even going to Hydron to leave after 5 waves ? Or to an endless survival fissure to leave after 5 minutes ? 
I am not talking about something that has been happening to me every once every "x" missions, it's happening in literally every single mission I play. It is getting tiring.

this is why solo extraction is sorely needed. i am stick of having to extract at 5 min because some one decided they didn't want to go further. seems like DE is working on it though,

• Like 1

Just now, hazerddex said:

this is why solo extraction is sorely needed. i am stick of having to extract at 5 min because some one decided they didn't want to go further. seems like DE is working on it though,

Hope they'll implement a replacement system too tbh...having to continue as 2-3 people is still not so great for as viable as it is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elyann said:

Hope they'll implement a replacement system too tbh...having to continue as 2-3 people is still not so great for as viable as it is.

its not hard to go on with 2-3 or even solo, but it does get tedious with modes that require a certain amount of kills survivals not so much. i usually just turn off my brain and let reflex take over.

Just now, hazerddex said:

its not hard to go on with 2-3 or even solo, but it does get tedious with modes that require a certain amount of kills survivals not so much. i usually just turn off my brain and let reflex take over.

Mines turned off my default. To be honest, I'm still trying to figure out how to turn it on.

The saddest thing is the people who do this and then complain when they are outvoted 3 to 1 to stay.

Had this happen a few weeks ago at Draco on Ceres, somebody came in and ran to the extraction at 5. Upon realizing that the remaining three of us weren't following them they started spamming "extract plz", we said no because we were there for affinity grinding. I asked them why they would enter an endless mission that is used for affinity farming and they said they were there for 300 xp. 

I was dumbfounded, 300 xp can be gotten from literally any mission in the game and of all the missions they choose an endless mission IN PUBLIC MATCHMAKING ON A NODE USED FOR MASS FARMING. I asked them why they would go to an endless mission for a measly 300 xp, then they got defensive and started demanding we extract. At this point the other two players were just plain having none of it and we wound up staying for 25 minutes before they left the squad in a rage.

So to answer your question, its people who go into missions with public on and expect people to kowtow to their whims that cause these endless issues. While talking to others as people have suggested can help, for every one person you convince you'll get another who holds the run hostage for their own ego's sake.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Aldain said:

The saddest thing is the people who do this and then complain when they are outvoted 3 to 1 to stay.

Had this happen a few weeks ago at Draco on Ceres, somebody came in and ran to the extraction at 5. Upon realizing that the remaining three of us weren't following them they started spamming "extract plz", we said no because we were there for affinity grinding. I asked them why they would enter an endless mission that is used for affinity farming and they said they were there for 300 xp. 

I was dumbfounded, 300 xp can be gotten from literally any mission in the game and of all the missions they choose an endless mission IN PUBLIC MATCHMAKING ON A NODE USED FOR MASS FARMING. I asked them why they would go to an endless mission for a measly 300 xp, then they got defensive and started demanding we extract. At this point the other two players were just plain having none of it and we wound up staying for 25 minutes before they left the squad in a rage.

So to answer your question, its people who go into missions with public on and expect people to kowtow to their whims that cause these endless issues. While talking to others as people have suggested can help, for every one person you convince you'll get another who holds the run hostage for their own ego's sake.

I would have ruined it for you, because I'm always nice and extract when someone else wants to. No one should be held prisoner in a game just because someone else wants to stay. 

But that won't be a problem now that they'll introduce individual extraction. Then that one person can just leave and the others can stay. It was a long time coming, though.

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, rune_me said:

I'm always nice and extract when someone else wants to.

Don't get me wrong, I always extract if somebody asks/needs to or when it's clear that everyone else wants to, but just as you say no one should be held prisoner because somebody wants to stay, 3 other people shouldn't have leave and restart because of one person.

It goes both ways, and I won't stand for anyone saying that either side of this situation is any better than the other, solo extraction will solve all of this though, you are right about that.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Elyann said:

Hope they'll implement a replacement system too t

you're in luck, solo extraction is confirmed for PCs next mainline update, so you can stay as long as you want and everybdy else can leave, no Host Migrations and stuff to worry about (hopefully).

I can't wait for this to come to console, I just want more spawns in survivals, so if people leave after 5 mins and I get left with 4 players worth of enemies, all to myself, then great: more affinity for me.

• Like 2

I noticed this too. I suspect it has to do with the influx of new players, first after PoE, then after Fortuna. Some of them may be kids with short attention spans. Others may just not understand how reward rotations work, it's not explained anywhere in game.

It's a bit sad, but it is what it is.

13 hours ago, Elyann said:

I hope they make an Volunteer Replacement System. I'd love to Volunteer.

Would be really great to be able to join an endless mission in-progress and jump right into the high level enemies.

Skip the 5-10mins of starting waves that are kind of a waste cause they're still low level.

Different players, different goals.

Some just want to unlock a node, some want to do 1-2 hour "endless" grind.

I'm somewhere in the middle...15-20 waves is ideal for me, as its about how long I can actually stand playing for any stretch of time (WF is hard on the eyes) and its also about as far as my gear can go. If people extract after 5, I'm happy to keep going a bit longer solo.

Don't forget newbies (or idiots) sometimes bring unranked gear to these missions. I once had the misfortune of being teamed with someone playing an unranked Mag frame. Revived them 6 times before I got fed up and let them die.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

It's annoying when you try to lvl stuff, instead of maxing it in one go you need multiple attempts..

I also hate it in arbitrations when people just leave after the first reward (sculpture) since it's based on luck if one pops up that you like. And solo play is broken with only a few enemies at once..

I rather they bail in arbis at a "checkpoint" than stay longer than they can handle, because that often leads to them dying and spawn the host migration boss on your ass. Atleast I can sign up again if they leave after min 10/wave 10 etc.

edit: It is also far more efficient to bail at 10 and sign up again if you are after a specific mod. The increase in difficulty and risk that others die and migrate isnt made up for by the miniscule increase in mod drop rate for rotation b and c.

Edited by SneakyErvin

Just now, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Arbitrations don't respawn, if you bail you have to wait 50 mins PLUS it's not guaranteed that a game mode and faction pops up that you enjoy.

And if someone has trouble to stay alive they shouldn't play them in the first place.. but ok

You can actually re-access arbitrations through the star map. They simply disappear from the alert menu.