Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno battle royale??

(PSN)ITS_TH3GOD

1 minute ago, (PS4)ITS_TH3GOD said:

I believe the pvp mode in warframe isnt popular due to the movement modr being brought into it, as i stated before we all remember what happened to COD when they did that, how their game sales went drastically down cause people were turned off by it, i believe its the same case for warframe and thats why i offered the tenno idea which would be boots on the ground. Perfect example is APEX which came out just couple weeks ago and its already very popular cause its different, it has not only the battle royale feel but also gave the players abilities which none of the other BR has.warframe/tennos already have it in their core so it'd be easy.

PVP sucked in warframe because the warframes are balanced for PVE, even with minor changes to skills warframes are nowhere near an even balance for all, you either stomp or get stomped due to lack of skill of your own but just because some frames dominate others.

APEX is mostly popular because it looks good and its F2P, its not a revolution of new gaming, its still the same old thing wrapped up nice and pretty, they just created, they did not innovate anything new or majorly different.

Cant quite grasp your COD reference as for a long time now, when a company craps all over their playerbase I never bail that game to another game from those same people, theres been enough fish in the sea for a long time to just go elsewhere and stop rewarding those crap companys like EA for crap products and ethics.

I don't even think Warframe will ever be properly balanced for PVP let alone BR.

Titanfall, CoD, Battlefield all get away with jumping on the BR bandwagon because they're PVP games by nature.

On rare occasions like with Fortnite which was supposed to be mainly PVE, they can make an entry into the BR genre.

But I really would prefer that Warframe not try to be anything else but itself.

Apex Legends already pissed off a considerable portion of the Titanfall community by taking time and resources away from making an actual new Titanfall game.

Edited by Tricky5hift
  • Like 1

Most of warframes player base is not PvP.

PvP is kind of flat to unbalanced as it is.

Battle Royal is popular but getting on the band wagon now is a terrible idea.

If something like this was made for warframe and even if it came out well, it would take away from other projects that are more important like railjack and the new war

2 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

PVP sucked in warframe because the warframes are balanced for PVE, even with minor changes to skills warframes are nowhere near an even balance for all, you either stomp or get stomped due to lack of skill of your own but just because some frames dominate others.

APEX is mostly popular because it looks good and its F2P, its not a revolution of new gaming, its still the same old thing wrapped up nice and pretty, they just created, they did not innovate anything new or majorly different.

Cant quite grasp your COD reference as for a long time now, when a company craps all over their playerbase I never bail that game to another game from those same people, theres been enough fish in the sea for a long time to just go elsewhere and stop rewarding those crap companys like EA for crap products and ethics.

Hmm...I've played the pvp and i can tell you that not ALL the frames are balanced, for instance i played as harrow and i was against an excal, his radial blind works but my 1st ability didnt chain him down at all, heck he wasnt even slowed down, and thats why most people use OP frames like excal, mirage or rhino...and thats also why i said the tennos cause they'd be fresh, normal soldiers with different abilities and weapons, gears, etc which would more or less be balanced 

Hmm...I've played the pvp and i can tell you that not ALL the frames are balanced, for instance i played as harrow and i was against an excal, his radial blind works but my 1st ability didnt chain him down at all, heck he wasnt even slowed down, and thats why most people use OP frames like excal, mirage or rhino...and thats also why i said the tennos cause they'd be fresh, normal soldiers with different abilities and weapons, gears, etc which would more or less be balanced 

then add in weapons, just like a load are OP in PVE, the same applies to PVP.

2 minutes ago, Ramflax said:

Most of warframes player base is not PvP.

PvP is kind of flat to unbalanced as it is.

Battle Royal is popular but getting on the band wagon now is a terrible idea.

If something like this was made for warframe and even if it came out well, it would take away from other projects that are more important like railjack and the new war

hmm...ya i do kinda get your point and agree.it IS a bit cheesy to jump on the BR bandwagon and slow other projects.

Just now, (PS4)ITS_TH3GOD said:

I don't think stripping down Warframes into normal soldiers is really the most appealing way to sell BR. 

Just now, (PS4)ITS_TH3GOD said:

I don't think stripping down Warframes into normal soldiers is really the most appealing way to sell BR. 

1 minute ago, Tricky5hift said:

No i didnt mean stripping the warframes, i was talking about making a mode solely for the tennos and people that dont enjoy all the dotting around the map and unbalanced frames.

Ya i already changed my mind and agreed with your points..it would most likely be a waste of resources that could go into other, more successful projects.

if they ever did such a thing they would honestly be better off just making a relevant side project set in the warframe universe rather than more hack bolt-ins that dilute dev time and add to the bug list.

58 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

they might have played PVP more if it wasnt for the glaring imbalance between frames in PVP, in PVE its no issue, but for PVP its a bit of a joke for many frames, it would only have ever worked had there been a Generic Warframe only used for PVP to get round that issue.

PvP in warframe would only work if it was just a generic shooter with abilities and a melee attack, but who wants to play Warframe without the combat of Warframe when anyone who wants a more generic shooter experience can just play one of the several larger games that offer a more generic shooter experience?

I don't understand why people who won't play Z game but plays Y, then demands Y to be more like Z. When I want to pvp, I just play a game that dedicates itself to being a pvp game. There aren't really any games that do both pve and pvp well, either the pvp is good and the pve is mediocre at best, or the pve is good and the pvp is simply dead at best.

2 hours ago, (PS4)ITS_TH3GOD said:

With battle royale taking the gaming industry by storm, what you all think if warframe was to get in on it? But with a twist, instead of it being the warframes, it'd be the tennos. They'd have all the current mechanics but with the addition of body armor(since tennos dont have "armors or shields"). The reason why i suggested that it be the tennos instead of the frames is cause it seems that a lot of people are turned off by warframes pvp ways of movements(me included) i mean yall remember how it turned out for COD when they did that..so with the tennos, it'd be feet "mostly" on the ground and hunting for weps and gears..rewards would be banners, emotes, logos,color schemes, capes(all of which would be ranked by tiers, highest rare tier would have animated designs).

Ok then, let's suppose they did release a Battle Royale Mode, with P2P connection and since there will be a person hosting for more than one-hundred players, then suddenly the host gets disconnected leaving everyone in a screen of eternal migration. Congratulations, now you have a new game mode called Disconnection Royale, where the winner is the one who doesn't give up after getting consecutive disconnections. In other words, a perfect batch of failure.

Now seriously, these topics are becoming pointless at each time someone tries to suggest PvP, just go for Conclave and be happy. If you are not feeling like Conclave is not enough, go there and post these ideas in the specific area (Conclave itself), In a nutshell, just nope (nope and nope).

PS: Seems like these people will never learn.

i'll do a jig when we reach the point where battle royale becomes completely forgotten. I said to a friend today,in an ironic manner, "I hope Anthem has Battle Royale" (just to gauge his reaction). he said he cringed so hard he nearly threw his back out... that's the point we're at. it's just... disgusting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yamazuki said:

PvP in warframe would only work if it was just a generic shooter with abilities and a melee attack, but who wants to play Warframe without the combat of Warframe when anyone who wants a more generic shooter experience can just play one of the several larger games that offer a more generic shooter experience?

I don't understand why people who won't play Z game but plays Y, then demands Y to be more like Z. When I want to pvp, I just play a game that dedicates itself to being a pvp game. There aren't really any games that do both pve and pvp well, either the pvp is good and the pve is mediocre at best, or the pve is good and the pvp is simply dead at best.

no need to get rid of warframe parkour etc, i mean there should be 1 warframe type that doesnt basically steamroll all the others with some abilities leaps and bounds better than what many other warframes can bring, mind you the weapons side of things would be just as terrible to balance.

We have operators that basically remote control our personal collection of warframes, conclave could just have its own Conclave Warframe, with its own abilities.

Edited by Methanoid
  • Like 1

Battle Royale games carrying big chunks of players and Warframe, despite being a PvE game, constantly updates and brings out new PvP elements into the game. Somehow everyone is like "Bad idea". Really makes you think.

I personally don't care either way. Can't be worse than K-Drive, Fishing or Mining anyway.

My suggestion: Add a BR mode to the Plains of Eidolon (and/or Orb Valis) and replace all game modes there with BR mode for the entirety of April 1st.

Revert to normal afterwards because no reasonable warframe player wants BR (those that do play one of the 100 BR games instead).

Please use the bloody search button, I see a different BR topic almost every day. Each one gets a big heking NO from everyone.

We don't want BR in this game, conclave itself is more dead than mercury assassination. We DO NOT need to follow whatever is popular atm, Warframe is better on it's own two feet.

11 hours ago, (PS4)ITS_TH3GOD said:

Why not? It'd be a win win situation if you ask me...more people would play PvP which would more or less benefit the devs since some people could get really into that idea.

The vast majority of people play Warframe precisely because it is a PvE game (with PvP elements tacked on). DE have tried a number of PvP modes...none of which has been very successful. Draw your own conclusions from this.

11 hours ago, (PS4)ITS_TH3GOD said:

Aww dang...i thought i was the only with the tenno instead of frame idea 😞

Nope its been suggested before, though not nearly as often as the warframe PvP. But lots of players don't like using Operators either (though I'm not one of them).