Thanks for the info. Its definitely nice to read some of the changes coming in more detail. I'm definitely liking the blocking is automatic much like excalibers exalted blade.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm really excited to see how this comes out. I'm already expecting to be using melee more just because of the rule of cool.

• Satisfied 1

Sounds great, can't wait to try it out 🙂

Edited by slotschii
  • Woah 1

8 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

OPTIONS:
We are adding a toggle to preserve one aspect of the older melee system. You will be able to toggle an option, allowing you to continue melee attacks with the left mouse button once in melee mode.

This fixes the only lingering concern I had about everything Steve has been showing off, so I've gone from 90% hyped ("this looks sweet, so I'll deal with relearning") to 100% hyped. 😄 😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 5
  • Upvote 1

When will this release? Cause I'd rather complain after using it than complain after reading text and hype that may not represent the way I play (quick attack spam).

• Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 1

How would this augment work with secondary/alt fire being replaced for channeling?

HystericalAssaultMod 

8 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

P.S. we're going live 45 minutes from now twitch.tv/warframe to read this with you all and demo it.. if you want to see your favourite frame/melee demo'd, reply here with details!

SHOW US HAMMER STANCES

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 4

I'm pretty excited for these changes. It seems like it will be a great improvement to the flow of combat.

12 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

snip

are we getting any 'attack where we look' added to our melee attacks?  Currently there is no 'change in plane' for the melee attack so it makes hitting things lower and higher than us harder so it would be nice if something like this is being added, ie to we look up to hit an osprey or we look down to hit something below us on a staircase?

Not to mention how will this affect mods that deal with swapping weapons faster or vigorous swap where it gives extra damage etc

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Goodbye melee aimgliding, I guess? Actually a little disappointing with some of the weapon passives that only count when the weapon is out, like the Rakta Dark Dagger's reduced visibility.

edit: hopefully you guys are going to take an immediate look at any of the weapons with blocking mechanics along with this. stuff like the Vaykor Sydon is... bad to begin with, and very incompatible with auto-blocking, so this is a perfect time to change it!

Edited by OvisCaedo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

11 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

BLOCKING

Blocking with a melee weapon is no longer keybound, it is automatic when facing enemies who are dealing damage to you in melee mode. Your Reticle determines all!

pls no animation locks like those with stagger resists

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 7

Changes look great! My only concern would be combos that rely on using the block to continue the chain (the August Mesto chain in Tempo Royale, for example). Looking forward to the showcase!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

OPTIONS:
We are adding a toggle to preserve one aspect of the older melee system. You will be able to toggle an option, allowing you to continue melee attacks with the left mouse button once in melee mode.

This is all I needed, thanks so much ❤️

• Like 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

This all sounds really cool. What I'd like to see demoed are the special blocking functions like Guardian Derision, Electromagnetic Shielding, Avenging Truth and the Vaykor Sydon.

Edited by BangKerpow
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Wait? Surprise devstream? Alright!!!

also everything here sounds awesome!!!

Go Chroma and Galatine Prime if you see this 😉

one i want to see tried in the upcoming surprise stream is the Sancti Magistar in action, since that has a charge gimmick. I'm wondering how they will flow in the new melee. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1