Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.3.1 - Nightwave

[DE]Megan

8 hours ago, MBaldelli said:

Yes, this is a test run of the new system.  10 weeks long according to the devs.  You're bringing up a point as people generally need to earn more of the appropriate credits in order to make the purchases.

Although it raises another question.  Why another monetary system for this? 😠 We have Platinum, Credits, Vitus Essences, Reputation points, Ducats...  I feel like I'm traveling through Europe before the incorporation of the Euro for the Market and tracking which money to use where.  How 'bout -- I don't know -- something more unified like the Euro?  

Ah, thanks for the insight^^ While I don't mind a new currency, I would have minded only having a tier limited Cred stack. That would have been a huge downgrade in comparison to the previous alarm system, where I wasn't currency-blocked from getting a blueprint. Those 300 cred limit would have also meant, that even if the items rotate, it doesn't automatically give me more of the currency needed to purchase them.
My now cleared worries aside, I'm happy, that for once I don't need credits to buy something, but just the Wolf Creds. That is a huge relief. Since every-little-thing cost credits x_x

As a new player, all I can do is hope, that I won't miss out on the many blueprints, gold mods etc now. I found the alarms to be stress free and uncomplicated whenever I needed a group. I also need to wait and see what happens, if the first rotation and later on Wolf of Saturn Six ends. What that will mean for the accessibility of those iitems. Hopefully not like vaulted relics... Either you got them or you lose without a trader.

Today update 28.02.2019:

Hi after login i successfully login ... do few steps on orbiter, and my screen going be totally white and game hungs up. You have this too ?

(restarting scgame/pc dont help)

Crash happend if i go deep to orbiter (for arsenal etc). This same happend if i directly go to Mission - i was try go to Simaris or start any mission.

Every time this same: CRASH

Before update all was works fine.

some WF troubles... all works fine again without changes at mi side

I already despise Nora.

I hate seeing her giant mouth way too close and ever present on the Nightwave screen (close up mouths have always made me uncomfortable, same deal as ASMR, I legitimately have to cover the right side of the screen every time I open up the menu, can't you make her go away like every other talking head that pops up in syndicates?) and I really, really can't stand her blasé hipster radio voice showing up during missions. She reminds me all too well why I stopped listening to radio in general.

Is her appearance event based or is she going to just be there annoying me from now on?

Also this new system feels needlessly, aggressively grindy to me. It also completely screws new players out of crucial resources (eg nitain) by gating them behind this needless, excessive grind. This is stuff that we've always been able to acquire much more fairly than this. There is no new fun mechanic or challenge, none of this is hard or engaging, it feels like a punishment for anyone who wants the new content by offering up nothing but grind for grind sake.

As it stands, this update is incredibly annoying and not well thought through, it mostly feels like forced change and "cool" at the expense of usability.

14 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.3.1 - Nightwave

Changes:

• Reduced frequency of Nora Night Radio transmissions.

Fixes:

• Fixed the Word State Window Alert tab disappearing after completing the Weekly Alerts, making Arbitrations unplayable.
  • Fixed inability to Capture a 3rd “escapee”.
  • Fixed socketing an Ayatan Sculpture in your Dojo not contributing to its respective Wolf of Saturn Six Challenge.
  • Fixed some of Nora Night’s Radio transmission subtitles being visible even though her audio is inaudible.
  • Fixed Nora Night Radio transmissions overlapping her UI.
  • Fixed a wonky FX in The Wolf of Saturn Six opening diorama.
  • Fixed missing facial textures in The Wolf of Saturn Six opening diorama.
  • Fixed Somachord music playing over top The Wolf of Saturn Six opening diorama.
  • Fixed incorrect sound playing when completing a Wolf of Saturn Six Challenge.
  • Fixed Zenistar not launching projectile on Charge Attack.
  • Fixed a text filepath showing on the Nightwave Syndicate End of Mission screen.
  • Fixed a script error when completing Simaris’ Daily Task.

hace 1 hora, Reynard_Fox dijo:

Also this new system feels needlessly, aggressively grindy to me. It also completely screws new players out of crucial resources (eg nitain) by gating them behind this needless, excessive grind. This is stuff that we've always been able to acquire much more fairly than this. There is no new fun mechanic or challenge, none of this is hard or engaging, it feels like a punishment for anyone who wants the new content by offering up nothing but grind for grind sake.

As it stands, this update is incredibly annoying and not well thought through, it mostly feels like forced change and "cool" at the expense of usability.

Is not that bad, is not that hard to do the missions, this argument about the new players is the equivalent of the Simpsons meme "won't someone think of the children"

3 minutes ago, theANIMALtm said:

Is not that bad, is not that hard to do the missions, this argument about the new players is the equivalent of the Simpsons meme "won't someone think of the children"

Honestly i see here bit of a problem, so far haven't seen other sources of wolf creds than this "season pass" reward chain, and there are way more things to buy for them than there are wolf creds in this to bu everythinng out, so if there won't be any other source of these, it might really become a screw up newbies scenario

Hello!
First I like to say I love this system as a beginner player.
I was starting to lose hope to ever get to a golden potato except on the milestone or trough plat, both of witch I am not close to getting(I can sell some things for plat but I am keeping them for Baro at the moment, so it's a hard judgement).
I like that there are ways to make enough standing here even if you can't do a sortie, or Eidolon hunt.I suspect that for the veterans the umbra forma is a priority, but for me the silver/golden potatoes and aura mods are the biggest prize for the moment.Thank you for providing a good way to get them not depending on some random alert.

Is there any indication of how long this ‘Wave’ will last? There seems to be no indication of how long it is intended for players  to get to WoS rank 30. My concern is: how important are the daily challenges? If I skipped every daily challenge for example and just completed weekly challenges, would I still hit rank 30? A little clarity on this would be very much appreciated. As is, I estimate it will take about 8 weeks to reach the umbra forma, but how long is the wave overall?

Any verification or clarity on this would be very much appreciated. 

Now, less important stuff: my opinion on this Alert 2.0. I like the POTENTIAL rewards. But. It feels not good to spend hours completing weekly and daily challenges, only to receive NOTHING outside of just new standing. Example: At least before, for each alert, you always got SOMETHING. Now? You get 1-5k standing that will not necessarily give you wolf credits. No wolf credits? No purchasing of anything. No rewards, except standing. I know it’s worth it... in the long run? But as is? I feel it punishes new players, as they will feel the lack of immediate reward the greatest.

2 hours ago, Silescere said:

Ah, thanks for the insight^^ While I don't mind a new currency, I would have minded only having a tier limited Cred stack. That would have been a huge downgrade in comparison to the previous alarm system, where I wasn't currency-blocked from getting a blueprint. Those 300 cred limit would have also meant, that even if the items rotate, it doesn't automatically give me more of the currency needed to purchase them.
My now cleared worries aside, I'm happy, that for once I don't need credits to buy something, but just the Wolf Creds. That is a huge relief. Since every-little-thing cost credits x_x

As a new player, all I can do is hope, that I won't miss out on the many blueprints, gold mods etc now. I found the alarms to be stress free and uncomplicated whenever I needed a group. I also need to wait and see what happens, if the first rotation and later on Wolf of Saturn Six ends. What that will mean for the accessibility of those iitems. Hopefully not like vaulted relics... Either you got them or you lose without a trader.

Trust me when I say that when you control your building, and know how and where to farm for credits, you'll be swimming in it that you won't know what to do with it.  This is how my friend and I have this loopy challenge going on where I remain 30 million ahead of him.  And I'm sitting on a modest 104 million at the moment.  This wasn't done in 5 years, this was done within the last 10 months.  

The thing is that the new system might appear to put new players on equal footing with the veterans of the game, the veneer of that equal footing quickly disappears when you look at all the required tasks and realize any player that has completed War Within will be able to get 10,000 more reputation a week than the new player.  Not to mention that there is a time gate to being able get to the required credits to buy what is needed.  A Weekly Timegate ending with being paid in full by the end of the time period.  

Now this is where I stop talking with you @Silescere and address @[DE]Steve, @[DE]Megan, @[DE]Rebecca and the happy crew at DE..  

Does this sound like a job?  It does to me.  

Further, I thought we were supposed to be getting rid of the grind in this game like you did with the Nosram vs. Plasma Cutter.  Not adding more grind on top of grind, DE.  

I admit the old system wasn't good and it was clearly gated in such a way for those veterans that had the star-chart completely opened to take advantage of whenever the alert popped up.  Putting it in one place is definitely a step in the right direction.  However, 37K-42K standing grind a week for veterans (and sometimes 10K or more less for new players) and then having to work 6 to 8 weeks (more again for new players) to grind to the end is not fun.  It's a skinner box relying on operand conditioning to make it seem appealing.  

First, payment in wolf-credits should be immediate.  None of this having to grind through the week to reach level 3 to get paid a paltry amount that causes new players to make the hard decision on whether they should pick between an aura mod, weapons, cosmetics or Nitain.  

Second, pricing should be more reasonable.  Not making the new player feel like he's been given a paycheck less than minimum wage and then telling them spend it wisely.  We get enough of that crap in our lives.  In the old system we could run the mission in 5-15 minutes and have the cosmetic, material, endo, and weapon.  It should be about the same, otherwise you're just adding grind.  And I thought you were aiming to slow that grind down?  

Because seeing this in a Warframe area of a Discord Server does not give me the sort of confidence this was put together in the right way:

9ptgFlz.jpg

Third and finally, if these two suggestions are not incorporated immediately, congratulations! You just inflated the Platinum Market 200% and more the next couple of weeks as we veterans can now sell Rejuvenation and Corrosive Projection for three times (or more) the current asking price.  Because we veterans have been hoarding those mods without so much as a second thought.  And I know the giving people are still out there and will happily offer to those that ask for it.  I'm one of them.  Yet looking at the list of people on warframe market, I can tell you that there not as many as you might think.  You're becoming more popular and with the the gold farming mentality is creeping its way into the system.  

I know this is experimental and you're trying to see whether people are going to take to it.  Some of us will, it happens.  I'll even accept it in the future.  I'll do some of it just to see if it can be done.  Otherwise, I will be boycotting it like I did Baro Ki'Teer when you admitted to manipulating the ducat prices because you saw the numbers of players hoarding their ducats and not taking into account people save their ducats until the prices come down.  

42 minutes ago, MBaldelli said:

First, payment in wolf-credits should be immediate.  None of this having to grind through the week to reach level 3 to get paid a paltry amount that causes new players to make the hard decision on whether they should pick between an aura mod, weapons, cosmetics or Nitain.  
Second, pricing should be more reasonable.  Not making the new player feel like he's been given a paycheck less than minimum wage and then telling them spend it wisely.  We get enough of that crap in our lives.  In the old system we could run the mission in 5-15 minutes and have the cosmetic, material, endo, and weapon.  It should be about the same, otherwise you're just adding grind. 

True. Even if it is just a handfull of immediate. And like someone previously wrote, a time schedule (even an aproximate) would be nice. Otherwise I'm just stressing to reach as much standing as possible and complete as many challenges as I can (instead of just playing whatever I feel like), because I fear I'd miss out on stuff if I don't. When the rotation hits my Wolf Creds go POOF. I still suggest to at least convert them into normal credits.

P.S. Rejuvenation T-T didn't manage to get one, even though I tried.

3 hours ago, Reynard_Fox said:

I already despise Nora.

I hate seeing her giant mouth way too close and ever present on the Nightwave screen (close up mouths have always made me uncomfortable, same deal as ASMR, I legitimately have to cover the right side of the screen every time I open up the menu, can't you make her go away like every other talking head that pops up in syndicates?) and I really, really can't stand her blasé hipster radio voice showing up during missions. She reminds me all too well why I stopped listening to radio in general.

Is her appearance event based or is she going to just be there annoying me from now on?

You get rewarded for doing everything you'd normally do. What? 

While I do agree that the Nitain costs could use some reduction to price in Wolf Creds, other than that, most of the challenges are essentially passively completed so the rewards are justified. 

Killing 500 enemies? Done in 5 minutes. Completing a sortie? Done everyday in like 20 minutes. 3 waves of Sanctuary Onslaught? Cool, I needed to forma something anyway. 9 Invasion missions? Well, a little excessive, but I guess I can use some Fieldron.

People will literally complain about everything. It's insane!

So I just gained 8000 Wolves Affinity in a single mission but I only needed 5000 to go up to the next tier. When I loaded back into my orbiter I ranked up but it only reflected earning the 5k to the next rank. I just lost a weekly challenge. Is this intentional because that's unfair that I can just lose out on affinity by playing the game without minute planning as to when my ranking will update.

14 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

No, it's not just you. They tried to present it as being more convenient, not having to wait and/or hope for the right alert to pop up, but in reality it's just the same as every other WF update, more grind. I guess websites like tenno.tools and apps like WarDroid made catching the alerts you needed too easy, reducing revenue from helmet sales, so they made them harder to get. Or something.

So you telling me for a bran new player to get a Gold potato they have to wait 4 weeks is ok? Don't make sense they said this system would be better not worse. Btw this is a free to play not pay to win and if making it a long grind for 1 item is a way to make it pay to win then DE is screwing up...

2 minutes ago, sammywa123 said:

So you telling me for a bran new player to get a Gold potato they have to wait 4 weeks is ok? Don't make sense they said this system would be better not worse

yeah, feels liek this update might hurt new players more than veterans this time

Suggestion: If the Wolf does spawn in a mission, pause it. No inbuilt background timer running. We were on a rescue mission and had yet to reach the hostage, when Wolf showed up. We had a long fight, almost had him down, just to be told, that we have 1 minute left to complete the objective or fail the mission. Mission failure however automatically leads to boss fight failure... Which leads to a huge amount of frustration.

3 hours ago, AVSManfred said:

yeah, feels liek this update might hurt new players more than veterans this time

Exactly. As a veteran with stockpiles of 30+ potatoes of either kind and all other alert rewards already in my inventory, I don't really care. But for new players who need to get a lot of these cred rewards and aren't even able to complete all the challenges, this new system is pretty rough.

Archived