Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please add an option to mute radio person

Cosmicblues

I want to hear Nora's voice, but I don't want to hear the Lotus or Ordis and their constant transmission spam. Unfortunately, Nora is under transmission volume.

It would be nice to have her separate. Or better yet, to have a way to disable Ordis and Lotus transmissions entirely.

• Like 2

I tried posting in General to generate some discussion before coming here (as well as give myself time to properly structure my thoughts) but everyone is arguing about Alerts vs. Nightwave. 

I hate worthless dialog in every game I’ve ever played. My Ordis has been muted since the second his slider was implemented, don’t talk at me while I’m on my ship unless there is something that “needs” my  attention (old alerts or invasions, changes to the starchat I might overlook). 

However after returning from a long break I started running quests and discovered that Ordis is muted in most (not all?) of the quest dialog by his slider also.  I mean, I don’t completely hate Ordis if he’s adding value to a plot... I just don’t want to hear his comic-relief lines about my color pallet or weapon selection. At the time I wrote it off as “ok I guess” I’ll just read his lines during a quest. 

Fast forward to today, enter Nora. No. God no! Again I’m hit with a character that has interesting lore to convey but 900% more completely worthless lines. In a single mission on three (3) separate occasions she told “listeners of all ages” to tune in to hear her refer to me using a cuss word (don’t get me wrong I don’t care but it seems in poor taste to call for all young listeners to pay close attention and then yell “ASS.” at them, punctuated as it’s own sentence.)

I need an option to mute Nora now, please.  I can’t take listening to her same three lines mission after mission, week after week when there is ALSO a large screen pop up telling me what achievement I completed. I’ll be forced to mute all dialog, and occasionally Lotus makes important mission status comments. Such as telling us we triggered a Spy alarm and are now on a tiny little clock that’s easy to miss visually.

However that got me thinking, I don’t want to have a mute slider for every new NPC. What I’m really after is a single option that would mute all frivolous dialog. Ordis can talk when furthering lore in a quest, Nora can talk while introducing her new Nightwave ‘season’, but I don’t want to hear the meaningless repetitive lines. 

P.S. If if it also muted Vay Hek’s empty taunts while in the plains of ediolon I would immediately buy the largest platinum package as a thank you! Shut up Hek! I killed you when you were a recolored marine, I killed you as a floating head, I even killed you in a ‘raid’ before they were discontinued. There is nothing you can say in your horrible delivery that matters. 

Thank you for your consideration.

• Like 3

There is already an option that disables operator voice and face in missions, please add similar option for this new radio person that starts talking whenever you complete some of the radio challenges.

It's distracting and can result in some big messing up on high level missions.

Спойлер

I wouldn't mind disabling voice and huge lower face graphic in radio menu as well tbh.

I agree. I’d forgotten your little kid could even pop up if not disabled. 

I’d actually much rather see a single option to disable all non-valuable dialog (Ordis, operator, old tiny radio host, half of the Lotus/Fake Lotus pop-ups). 

I have to agree with this suggestion. 
Having a 'no non-essential dialog' option would completely remove 90% of my complaints with the game's audio.

I've got over 2000 hours in this game at this point. 
I don't care HOW many different soundbites there are, if you trigger them regularly I'll have heard them all enough to be sick of them within a few weeks at best and hours at worst.. 

In the case of Nora, I literally logged in to play at 3:47am tonight, and by 4:40am I was already sick of hearing the same ~3 dialog options every time I leave a mission.

I've been playing for ONE HOUR. There is no reason for me to already be getting duplicated dialog. NONE. 

My questions: 

1) why is it necessary to get a randomized verbal prompt from SOMEONE after every single time I load in or out of an area? I don't even need to run a mission, just jumping to/from a relay is enough to trigger commentary

2) Why is it that only one person ever seems to be in this random pool at any given time? 

3) Why is there no timer/timeout for the audio prompts?

And Lastly: 

#4) WHY is Mission sensitive audio on the same volume slider as these messages in the first place? 

You can entirely silence operator transmissions. Preventing both sound and the visual pop up, but you cannot do the same for anything else.

It is bad enough on the plains of eidolon during free roam to have to turn down all transmissions to silence the lotus, now we have these nightwave things!

It hasn't been more than a few hours and im already annoyed by the visual pop up that covers the screen during gameplay.

Please DE add the option to stop ALL TRANSMISSIONS IN THEIR ENTIRETY.

No noise, no pop up.. please!

Just going to ask DE again for a feature people have been asking for for years. Please give us the ability to turn off the Lotus's transmissions without muting other characters. With the Nightwaves being added I turned transmissions on again for the first time in a year and I really like hearing the rare bits of dialogue that can crop up, but then Lotus reminded me yet again what a Bursa is or that it was the Grineer and all the other memes.

Lotus was fine when starting out or learning something new and I'd love to hear more sporadic things from the character, but at this point her voice lines are preventing me from enjoying the rest of your hardwork. At least allow us to toggle off all the useless hints and banter she has.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SupremeDutchGamer said:

ordis has an off button. for the volume at least.

He has a mute button (or slider, rather) but personally I can still hear his voice from just reading the text. Probably a good sign I should go outside more. But still. I'd like to get rid of the text, too.

Edited by Horyzon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Swagernator22663 said:

We can add Nora and Ordis off button too while we at it.

I get what they're trying to do with Nora, but that late-night radio host sultry voice got old really quickly for me. I'd mute her in a heartbeat if I could.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

I get what they're trying to do with Nora, but that late-night radio host sultry voice got old really quickly for me. I'd mute her in a heartbeat if I could.

THIS x 10

I haven't even started a mission and already I can't stand her. Nora is so try-hard and cringey. DE, please stop making obnoxious one-note characters and having them barf their community-theater monologues all over our experience.

Ok. Fine. I'm sure some people put effort into her and some other people like her. I'm sorry I don't like it. Art is subjective blah blah blah. Bottom line: if Ordis gets a volume slider, Nora and Lotus should have one too. All of them have detractors that would love to be able to mute them.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Xriborg said:

THIS x 10

I haven't even started a mission and already I can't stand her. Nora is so try-hard and cringey. DE, please stop making obnoxious one-note characters and having them barf their community-theater monologues all over our experience.

Ok. Fine. I'm sure some people put effort into her and some other people like her. I'm sorry I don't like it. Art is subjective blah blah blah. Bottom line: if Ordis gets a volume slider, Nora and Lotus should have one too. All of them have detractors that would love to be able to mute them.

Yeah no kidding.

I am tired of her when they added her before they installed nightwave.

I like the option of mute just the ones you don't want to hear instead of everything.

I enjoyed listening to the scanner before nora night because it felt like I was ease dropping on the enemy. Now however nora chimes in with her annoying voice and the same old repeated lines every time she opens her mouth.

Not even ordis talks as much as she does and when he does it is always different.

Yes please.  It's annoying to have to remember to unmute something when it's quest relevant.

Also, the laid-back cool DJ shtick is god-awfully obnoxious and intrusive in our space ninja shooter.  It needs it's own mute slider as well, especially if it's mainly just going to inexplicably fawn over us.

• Like 1

Yes, please add a slider for Nora.  The laid-back cool DJ thing does NOT work here and is just extremely grating.  I need it to go away.

I came here tonight just to find this thread or make one.  Need Nora volume slider, so I don't have to keep hitting mute.

• Like 1

Just wanted to note, I know this superficially looks like a job for the UI team but it's actually on the Sound team plate from what other sliders (Lotus, Ordis) I recall -- so I've reported the post so it gets moved there.

Edited by NightmareT12

I would like an option to turn her off also.

I love the story, and the concept of the whole thing, but - and this will probably get me cussed out for being an "SJW" or whatever - as a nonbinary person, it REALLY annoys me that of all the lines she could have chosen to say, 9/10 times she says "ladies and gentlemen (etc)". I'm probably just unlucky - my partner doesn't have anywhere near the frequency of this one line popping up, it seems - but having been really pleased with the Op not needing to pick a gender, being able to turn off Op voice lines after they started getting annoying, and being able to at least turn down the Lotus (I do enjoy hearing her talk, but the frequency with which she spoke was a bit draining, especially in relic missions), it just bugs me that I can't turn off Nora.

(And to be honest, the line could be replace with "Ladies, Gentlemen, and listeners in all categories" or something similar and I'd probably still get tired of it after a while and want the option to turn her down. But right now it just really bugs me.)